Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Yes, things happen, and mistakes get made. How those mistakes are dealt with is what counts, and Mattel couldn't fail more miserably in that respect. Actions count; excuses don't, and the latter is all we get from Mattel. They not only have NO respect for us, they have no respect for themselves as a company or for their reputation.
    You're right. Mattel doesn't have any respect for their reputation. As long as they get paid, they don't care what they have to do.

People should save up their broken goddess pieces, ss trunks, and other broken stuff, send them to someone here, and make some sort of collage or sculputure to present to Mattel at SDCC.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKULL View Post
    being a mosc collector....no problems here......but I feel your pain.....
    Myself and another person have already posted with cracked trunks in the package.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

....I have no break in my trunk but 5 holes ^^ someone else ?

Quote Originally Posted by TIN View Post
    ....I have no break in my trunk but 5 holes ^^ someone else ?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...92459031_n.jpg
    I think the holes are needed in any bendy material, so that's normal. If I remember correctly, Hsss has them too.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcraw View Post
    We are talking about a possible recall like the Green Goddess. Any "Official" word will only be further scrutinized. What ever comes out need to be truly "Official", and will require the political & possibly financial decisions backing from managements higher up in the chain. This will require weeks if not months of on-going studies, proposals and approvals.
    Don't hold you breath!
    I hardly think that ANYONE here expects a SOLUTION to this problem at this early stage, but I don't think that ANYONE here (especially those effected by this problem) would be at all out of line in hoping for some sort of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of the situation.

A simple "Whoa, that's not cool! Let us look into how we can fix this!" would go a lot further to soothing the wounds than the "banana peels & old cardboard" sarcasm comment received in another Foam-Related thread & the "Don't claim that you know Inside Stuff because you don't." rebukes that showed up in an NYTF Reveal Speculation thread while this thread has been in existance.

That's all anyone is really looking for at this point, an acknowledgement of (& Heaven forbid, maybe even some courtesy/sympathy for) the fact that some Customers are having legitimate problems with their Products. That's all at this point. An acknowledgement is NOT a Herculean task!

All we've received thus far is Silence (minus the out-of-the-way sarcasm mentioned above, of course). Silence rather lends itself to Indifference & Indifference is not what most Customers want from a Company that they willingly give so much of their disposable income to. A little Communication & Customer Service goes a long way!

Now, I know that many will say that they will get heat for anything that they say or for saying nothing at all. I will concede that this may be true, but it's much better to take said "heat" for trying to do things the right way than for doing nothing at all.

As for holding my breath, I never do that where Mattel is concerned. I enjoy living too much!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    There is no solution to this... We bought defective toys and the only thing Mattel seems to be offering is a refund. What Mattel doesn't get is we want the toys, not our money back.

A solution would be for Mattel to manufacture the head with a new trunk piece that will never break and sell it cheap for those of us who have broken trunks. But Mattel won't do that because it would cost them money and there would be no profit from it.

Mattel refuses to do the right thing... They have no integrity.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think the holes are needed in any bendy material, so that's normal. If I remember correctly, Hsss has them too.
    Yeah they do that for injection molding Dorr I think most bendys have them?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Yeah they do that for injection molding Dorr I think most bendys have them?
    I even remember I had a Gumby as a child that had that.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Finally got around to checking mine. While mine has only been posed, without the hook under his trunk…it's still begun to split. This is no good. It seems to be a universal problem because of the material used. They're gonna lose a lot of money off of this figure.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I even remember I had a Gumby as a child that had that.
    HA! It's funny cause I have a Gumby in my living room that I was just looking at after having read the thread! He totally has the holes as well.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mine has a bunch on tiny tears on the left side of his snout. These were their MOC before I opened him. When I first opened him, I was surprised his snout was foam instead of the material King Hiss was made out of. His snout wouldn't have any problems if it was made out of the King Hiss material. I haven't heard of any snake arms breaking off. I think what may have happened was that Mattel had extra foam left over from Stay Puft, so they used it on Snout Spout. Pure speculation on my part, but I could see them doing this.

Maybe they can release a new Green Goddess figure that comes with a Snout Spout head that won't break. That would fix two figures in one release!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mine has a bunch on tiny tears on the left side of his snout. These were their MOC before I opened him. When I first opened him, I was surprised his snout was foam instead of the material King Hiss was made out of. His snout wouldn't have any problems if it was made out of the King Hiss material. I haven't heard of any snake arms breaking off. I think what may have happened was that Mattel had extra foam left over from Stay Puft, so they used it on Snout Spout. Pure speculation on my part, but I could see them doing this.

Maybe they can release a new Green Goddess figure that comes with a Snout Spout head that won't break. That would fix two figures in one release!
    they would but upper management thinks that's to morbid...maybe in a movie year

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    they would but upper management thinks that's to morbid...maybe in a movie year
    Not anymore, Scott changed his story again, now they are just too expensive because they would require 100% new tooling.

A lot of us ask ourselves if Mattel has considered doing an "alternative heads pack", just like some of the ones already included with figures like Whiplash, M-A-A, Trap-Jaw...

I think it would be great to have, for example:

- Clawful 200X style head
    - Faker "Battle Damage" head (kinda Terminator style)
    - Zodak/Zodac head without helmet
    - Keldor to Skeletor "acid damage" head
    - Some "generic" heads to customize new figures

This would simply ROCK and I think it would be a great success!! Please consider it, will you?

While a cool idea, there is just too much tooling involved to do this. But we will look into getting alt heads out here with appropriate figures like we did for Demo Man.
    Last edited by Crusader; February 11, 2012 at 06:57pm.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Not anymore, Scott changed his story again, now they are just too expensive because they would require 100% new tooling.
    No! What?! Wait a minute! Scott changed his story??????!!!!!!!!! I thought what he/Mattel says is written in stone.

My all-time favorite statement and retraction is now in my sig.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    My all-time favorite statement and retraction is now in my sig.

I get that some things might be subject to change (release dates, character line-up, etc), even marketing strategies for that matter. In this case however, Scott finally realized how ludicrous his whole "too morbid" angle was and tried to spin it another way. They are never going to do this simply because that way they are able to sell 5 figures instead of one head-pack.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    They are never going to do this simply because that way they are able to sell 5 figures instead of one head-pack.
    I'm hoping that what we've seen with Fisto continues moving forward. As for previous figures(Clawful, Buzz-Off, Roboto, Grizzlor, Helmetless YELLOW Evil-Lyn and Helmetless Zodak), they can at least include an additional head once in a while much like they did with the Alcala Skeletor head.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'm hoping that what we've seen with Fisto continues moving forward. As for previous figures(Clawful, Buzz-Off, Roboto, Grizzlor, Helmetless YELLOW Evil-Lyn and Helmetless Zodak), they can at least include an additional head once in a while much like they did with the Alcala Skeletor head.
    I'm all for that. I love displaying options and the Alcala head was pure genius

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The response on the Snout Spout problem sucks!

Here's a question.... has anyone had their Snout Spout's trunk posed sticking out and propped up since they got it and NOT had it break?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

*raises hand*

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The response on the Snout Spout problem sucks!

Here's a question.... has anyone had their Snout Spout's trunk posed sticking out and propped up since they got it and NOT had it break?
    Yes, as I posted earlier - mine has been bent in an L shape since I got it and there are no cracks, no tears, nothing. Still looks brand new.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    So basically, they will give us our money back, but we have no figure. Yes?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior

To be fair... Extra heads ARE expensive, and that was the ORIGINAL stance on extra heads. They took a vote over how we should spend the tooling dollars, extra heads or mini-comics way back in the beginning and heads won... So complaining about the costs isn't anything new.

PERSONALLY, I think they should do a head pack in place of one of the useless varient slots. Or even in place of TWO Variant slots... I personally HATE any varients except core He-man/Skeletor ones... and think THIS would be a better use of the money than Battleground XXXX or Snake XXXXX.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    So basically, they will give us our money back, but we have no figure. Yes?
    As always... and as Expected. Though His response never said you wouldn't get a figure... It says if you have a broken toy, you can return it. The same rule as always applies. If they have extra stock they'll replace it, if not You can get a refund.
    Last edited by phantom1592; February 12, 2012 at 12:53am.

Clearly there is but one solution to this problem, a Battle Ground Snout Spout (2k2) that comes with an additional non-bendy vintage head.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Clearly there is but one solution to this problem, a Battle Ground Snout Spout (2k2) that comes with an additional non-bendy vintage head.
    Not sure if this character warrants another precious slot in the line.