Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    Any news on this? My Snout Spout whose trunk has never been bent is starting to show fissures!

Attachment 78763
    Official from Mattel: "This is your Snout-Spout people!"
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    At this point Mattel should issue a recall. This is outrageous. I sent Matty CS an email a few weeks ago inquiring about returning my broken trunk Snout Spout. I made the unfortunate mistake of posing mine in an upward curl, and is is split more than half way through at the bend. I do plan on sending it back, along with my cross-eyed Spikor MOC. I am a 2013 subcriber, and really think Matty should come up with a fix available to all that own the figure, FREE OF CHARGE. Does the current trunk come off, has anyone tried it? Either that or do a 200x head as a consolation. This would be a great PR move, and overall is the right thing to do. This part of the figure is FAULTY, just like a part an a vehicle that gets recalled. Of course there are no safety issues, but really, its just bad business. Scott, really, at least acknowledge the problem, that alone might take the edge off the issue. To ignore it is to treat us "Adult Collectors" like children....

I just started listening to Roast Gooble and started with TG's most recent appearances. He says he's afraid to touch his Snout Spout and Goddess figures because he's afraid they'll break. That was kind of illuminating. It would be great if an alternate head can come in a weapons pack or packed with a figure, but it's probably outside his power to make it happen. I don't have a Snout Spout, but I did as a kid. I have a soft spot for the goofy old guy and would like to get one, but I'm worried that every single one out there will fall apart.

Just noticed the cracks a few days ago, while I was dusting my MOTUC shelves.
    I just left the guy on the same place, since the day I got him, with the trunk slightly bent, and this is how it looks now. At least is on the back...
    IMG_5052.JPG

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I just checked out my Snout Spout and his trunk has a huge crack right at the base. I've never posed the trunk or done anything at all to warrant this. Totally unacceptable. When we will be getting a proper Snout Spout head reissue?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    We need a 200X Snout Spout head included in any figure (like Zodak with Strobo) and we can fix this horrible issue.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    We need a 200X Snout Spout head included in any figure (like Zodak with Strobo) and we can fix this horrible issue.
    I don't want a 200x head, I want a proper non-defective vintage head.

I just posted this concern over at Matty. Stay tuned!

- - - Updated - - -

This is my Snout Spout.

Photo on 2012-09-13 at 9.19 AM.jpg

Scott answered and said I could get a replacement, now lets just hope Matty makes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    I don't want a 200x head, I want a proper non-defective vintage head.

I just posted this concern over at Matty. Stay tuned!

- - - Updated - - -

This is my Snout Spout.

Photo on 2012-09-13 at 9.19 AM.jpg

Scott answered and said I could get a replacement, now lets just hope Matty makes good.
    This will happen with replacements as well... They should provide us with a head with a plastic trunk instead of the rubbery one...
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    *Knocks on Wood*... So far my Snout Spout is okay (I just checked on him recently), but I am still concerned how he will hold up in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    This will happen with replacements as well... They should provide us with a head with a plastic trunk instead of the rubbery one...
    I wonder if they could just use the same mold from the existing head and just make the whole thing with a harder plastic. It may mean that the trunk can't move, but I'll live with that if it means it doesn't crack and fall apart. As it is I don't want to move the trunk on my figure anyway for fear of causing it to crack.

I did pick up an extra Snout Spout staction off of ebay a little while ago with the intent to try and customize the head to fit on the MOTUC figure incase the truck of the MOTUC figure ever does have problems.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    We've already had the answer on this: return your Snouty for another one with the exact same problem or a refund if they are out of them.

We're not getting a corrected head or figure. That's been made abundantly clear. And if we do keep asking for one, we'll be told we have a choice betwixt a new Snouty head and getting Ram Man.

It's inexcusable that a figure only months old is falling apart while his 30 year old counterpart is doing fine, but Mattel is apparently not concerned enough about their already shaky reputation to care.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, well Scott basically said that Mattel doesn't care. He said he loses most battles with management.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/6921079677

I just checked out my Snout Spout and his trunk has a huge crack right at the base. I've never posed the trunk or done anything at all to warrant this. Totally unacceptable. When we will be getting a proper Snout Spout head reissue?
    Ummm, this is easy: NEVER.

Maybe ina movie year it will come with a brand new Goddess in a Castle Grayskull adorned by a fleet of Battle-Rams, tumorless Stinkors, pristine Roboto's, and shoulderly enabled Hssss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I wonder if they could just use the same mold from the existing head and just make the whole thing with a harder plastic.
    They COULD; they're the biggest toy company in the world. They WON'T because they don't care. They have your money. They already have contractual agreements to 2013 sub-money despite repeated examples of them not fixing figure-wide issues. They know they can screw up and get away scott-free with most of the fans' money anyways. And if 2014 fails, they don't care. They'll just pump out more Barbies. See, we're in a no win-situation doing business with a company that has all the power and doesn't care.

I wish He-man would come to life and throw the entire Mattel office into the tar pits. But failing He-man's triumphant appearance, all you can really do is stop buying or keep letting Mattel know their business practices are crummy. You can beat them over the head until the end of days and they will still do the wrong thing, over and over again. Someone should keep a list.
    Last edited by jibernish; September 14, 2012 at 01:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Someone should keep a list.
    Memories are long in this hobby. I'm sure somebody already is.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    I just happened to look at my Snout Spout. I've never bent the trunk in fear of these horror stories. The paint on several places on the nose has aleady split.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Memories are long in this hobby. I'm sure somebody already is.
    It's just amazing how some overlook the length of that list, and that Mattel can ask to be taken at their word or given the benefit of the doubt despite that list.

I wonder if some talented third-party sculptor could cast a replacement snout people could just glue in place.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I was thinking the same thing. A third-party-er should tackle this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I wonder if some talented third-party sculptor could cast a replacement snout people could just glue in place.
    Anyone know how to get in touch with Kevin Kosse? I bet he'd do it, or even the whole head! I don't use FB so I can't contact him that way.

I have no probs with my Snouty yet, but a third party snout would actually be pretty epic.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    We've already had the answer on this: return your Snouty for another one with the exact same problem or a refund if they are out of them.
    It's funny, because I read this quickly and mis-read Snouty as "snotty" and I was like - yup, that's how the response Scott gave, just like most he gives.

Heroic Warrior
    Well here it is straight from DR....

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We have received your request for a replacement of the Snout Spout
    figure from your order ___________.

We apologize, however due to the fact that this product came out in
    2011, we no longer have any stock available in our warehouse or
    replacements. When it came out, the Snout Spout was quite popular and
    all sellable stock was depleted, along with any reserve stock which was
    saved for replacements.

At this time, we can offer you a refund on the product, but we are
    unable to provide a replacement. Please reply if you would like us to
    process this refund. You will not be required to return the product.

Sincerely,
    Jessica W.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service

Scott saying they would give me a replacement got my hopes up. This is just not acceptable. Now I'm stuck with a garbage Snout Spout and have to go to the secondary market.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just a question that I shouldn't have to ask about such a recently produced figure: has anyone done a nose transplant from a vintage Snouty? I haven't looked to see if the size is even close, but I might pick up a trashed vintage figure with a good nose to keep on hand if the switch is in any way workable.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Scott saying they would give me a replacement got my hopes up. This is just not acceptable. Now I'm stuck with a garbage Snout Spout and have to go to the secondary market.
    Aren't all the Snout Spouts garbage? That's what I'd imagine with the material used in that trunk.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

C'mon 3rd Party guys get crackin' ...there is a hero that needs to be saved!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

i am hoping there is a solution for this, my hose nose now has a crack in the back near the face. so sad.