Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2012 - The Results Countdown!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I voted for King Micah and Songster.
    Why people don't want Queen Angella to have her King??? She needs some romance

King Micah was one one the Filmation characters in the polls that I didn't know by name but once I looked up a pic of him I knew who he was but wouldn't be fussed about a figure of him.
    Songster has to be one of my least wanted figures in the entire line but if the rumours are to be believed we'll be getting him soon, he was even excluded from the fan choice figure polls being told he was already under consideration.
    I would like a King Taureus/Taurius (spelling?) figure or a two pack with generic Mintauran, in fact I'd like all of Randor's council. I think a classicized version of a Mintauran would probably use the Beastman body.
    Here's a better pic of King Taureus/Taurius by gbagok:
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

admittedly a lot of the characters at the back end of the poll results are very obscure ...

heck, i haven't even heard of half of them! ...

still - this is a lot of fun! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Once again, I didn't vote for any in that round, either.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

#51 - Ceratus (35/100 votes)

Last time: #45 (41/100 votes)

Before 200x came to be, if you'd uttered the words 'Whiplash' and 'brother' next to each other you'd have been laughed off the forums. Whiplash was a scaley alligator dude that allied himself with Skeletor (and occasionally an underground demon). But when MYP produced their series, they gave him more of a backstory. He was less intelligent than he had been in the Filmation cartoon and he also had a brother (this feels like SOTS). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling the two never spoke and the episode Underworld instead focussed on his difficult relationship with Lord Dactys and the other people of Sub-Ternia. Anyway, now people have a MOTUC Whiplash, it seems most aren't clamouring for another of his kind.

#51 - The Oracle (35/100 votes)

Last time: #47 (38/100 votes)

Another character to take a lead from a fan favourite, The Oracle is an ancient Trollan that helped King Grayskull find his inner strength (aka 'the Power'). Now Filmation rights are here, other Trollans are available to the line - they seem more in-demand than this guy, despite his historic relevance to the story of King Grayskull.

#50 - Artilla (36/100 votes)

Last time: #41 (45/100 votes)

Last time the first figure from any of the toy lines to grace us with their presence was Twistoid. This time it's Artilla, NA's answer to Roboto. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the toy just looked WEIRD. If they ever get to produce him - and I actually think he could look quite cool - I hope they opt for a more cartoon look which not only made him more human, but less like a heap of scrap metal!

NEW ENTRY! #50 - The Crimson Fury (36/100 votes)

Last time: N/A

Only really included as he was part of He-Man.Org's Fan Choice Poll, the Crimson Fury has received a slight surge in popularity as a result. I wouldn't have expected as many to have voted for him if he hadn't received the publicity. He's a mystical, cloaked warrior from Etheria's driest region, the Crimson Waste and helped She-Ra defeat Scorpia and the equally-as-obscure (although probably now slightly more so) Count Sneer. He also had a bird companion if my memory serves me correctly. One appearance in a hard-to-find UK comic makes his position - although low - fairly impressive.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I voted for all of these characters today!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Voted for all these except The Oracle. I'm a huge 200x fan but I'm just not fussed at all about The Oracle.
    I'd buy Ceratus (as I said before I'd buy all of Randor's council) but as I also said about Stingrad and Buzz-Off, I hope Ceratus is more then just a Whiplash with a new head.
    So this time Artilla is not only the least wanted GG and vintage NA figure but also the least wanted out all the vintage figures. I'd buy Artilla but his vintage figure figure is so ugly and clunky and I agree he should definitely look more like the cartoon version IMO. Interchangeable fists, guns and maces for his accessories please.

I'd love to see a Crimson Fury figure, I think he's a unique themed character for the MOTU world. My most wanted in the poll so far.

Wanted:

didn't choose any of those either ... ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Poor Artilla - he's one of my favourites, but I agree, the MOTUC version needs to be based on the cartoon version - although I do like the vintage toy.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    One I did miss that I feel really bad about is General Tataran... He's actually one of the Filmation MOTU characters I really want to see but he's not mentioned much on the forums. So I'm kicking myself because I think he'd rock our socks off...
    General Tartaran is one that I'm very interested in. so are is goblin forces, but I'd settle with just Tartaran.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Why people don't want Queen Angella to have her King??? She needs some romance
    I know right? Otherwise she'll end up a lonely spinster - and she's way too hot for that!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Songster has to be one of my least wanted figures in the entire line but if the rumours are to be believed we'll be getting him soon, he was even excluded from the fan choice figure polls being told he was already under consideration.
    I would like a King Taureus/Taurius (spelling?) figure or a two pack with generic Mintauran, in fact I'd like all of Randor's council. I think a classicized version of a Mintauran would probably use the Beastman body.
    Here's a better pic of King Taureus/Taurius by gbagok:
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...KingTorius.jpg
    I hope they're NOT considering Songster yet! The backlash would be huge, particularly when there are so many more popular characters to get to. If they do this and he takes up a slot there will be a riot...I tell ya...

Nice find of pics of Torius and Artilla - both really good shots! I actually don't think a solo, close-up pic of Torius from the cartoon exists, as he was always shot with other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    admittedly a lot of the characters at the back end of the poll results are very obscure ...

heck, i haven't even heard of half of them! ...

still - this is a lot of fun! ...
    Yep, half the fun is discovering the new characters. I've come across the majority of characters in my time here (nearly fifteen years - eek!) so it's always fun to discover new ones. Gorgone, for example, was a big surprise!

----------

#49= - Melaktha (37/100 votes)

Last time: #48 (37/100 votes)

Still with the same number of votes is Melaktha. I always argue he's an important part of MOTU's main cast - he appeared in six or seven episodes of the series and could help forge a link between Eternia's past and present (more so now that MOTUC is spanning centuries and centuries of action). One of the things on his side is that he'd be a fairly straightforward figure to make. As would...

#49= - Dekker (37/100 votes)

Last time: #42 (44/100 votes)

Another one who'd be relatively easy to make. Dekker was Man-At-Arms mentor in the 200x series. He's a fairly strong candidate for a figure, IMO because of his connection to MAA and considering we're running out of 200x characters. I'll be interested to see if his bio mentioned Rohad, MAA's mentor from the Filmation series.

NEW ENTRY! #48 - Strobo (38/100 votes)

Who is Strobo? What is Strobo? He's a Sy-Clone/Zodac hybrid from a MOTU comic - supposedly another cosmic enforcer with light-based powers, I personally find him incredibly uninspiring and a really lazy design. One for customisers if you ask me, because if Mattel release this guy to save a few pennies (cos he'd be a really cheap tool), then I know they're taking the proverbial.

NEW ENTRY! #47 - Mortella (39/100 votes)

Another newbie to the countdown, Mortella is a witch from the She-Ra series who was Castaspella's nemesis. The episode is quite good but Mortella's look is a little too 'Medieval Britain' and not enough 'Etheria' for my liking. Bring us Hunga, Huntara and Granita first - and it seems other fans agree.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

At least Melaktha and Dekker are still in the 40's. FIlmation characters have likely knocked them down a few pegs. Both are still in my top 10.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

i did vote for all of this latest bunch
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Didn't vote for one yet!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The Crimson Fury & Melaktha are huge wants of mine.
    Although Melaktha need some cool armor & accessories to power him up a bit.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

im happy enough to see most of these characters produced as figures with the exception of songster, oh man he is ridiculous to say the least. we always hear about how expensive tooling is, mattel save your money on this one, and let us save ours, please dont put him in the sub. apologies to anyone who likes this dude, i am actually in disbelief he placed above anyone.

all that said, man i love this thread, keep em coming scorpia
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Nice find of pics of Torius and Artilla - both really good shots! I actually don't think a solo, close-up pic of Torius from the cartoon exists, as he was always shot with other characters.
    No worries mate. Yeah its a shame there's no close up pics of King Torius or the Centaur Leader (don't think you included him in the poll did you?) from the cartoon. Here are the best ones I could find from the actual cartoon:

I didn't vote for any of the next ones. I understand Melaktha is a popular, recurring Filmation character and he was actually in my favourite Filmation episode The Cat and the Spider, but I just think he's very plain, boring design for an action figure.
    Dekker is another one of the few MYP characters I'm just not fussed about getting.
    I pretty much feel the same way about Strobo as I do Songster, just a lame, boring design and character. I personally wouldn't miss him if he was never released.
    Mortella was another Filmation character I didn't know by name but when I looked her up I knew who she was. I actually quite like the 'Medieval Britain' design and would take her over some other Filmation and POP characters, but not others. Maybe one for towards the end of the line.

Wanted:

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Bah! Who wouldn't want a Micah figure! He must come with that torn up outfit and the chains!

Also, just noticed lord dactys and those white furry creatures share the same legs! Hunga just became more of a possibility!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

New results please Scorpia?

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    New results please Scorpia?
    Your wish is my command!

----------

#46= - Spinwit (40/100 votes)

Last time: #42 (44/100 votes)

More NA love - or should that be doom?! Here come more of the second wave of characters, starting with another Galactic Guardian, erm, Protector. We have Sy-Klone, so do we need Spinwit? It's been claimed a lot of NA characters re-hashed ideas already taken by MOTU characters, which could be why Slush Head and Optikk are among favourites - they're a lot more original than the likes of Spinwit.

#46= - Butthead (40/100 votes)

Last time: #46 (40/100 votes)

Contravserially-named at the time, the toon didn't name-check Butthead. Instead, he was 'BH' (as opposed to 'BS'....!). The toon's character and great voice made
    Me like the character and whilst the toy is fun, it's a bit gimmicky. But then, we are talking about MOTU here, so Butthead might end up being in good company.

#46= - King Ahgo (40/100 votes)

Last time: #51 (33/100 votes)

Here's our first climber! And I got to say, I'm kinda proud. I've backed Ahgo as a great potential addition to the line for some time so I'm pleased he's better recognised now. And without trying to sound like a broken record: he'd fit in perfectly with the 'barbarian' figures.

NEW ENTRY! #46= - Scrollos (40/100 votes)

Scrollos was created for the purposes of the letters page in the UK comics, but there was a story written covering his origin. I'm currently typing this on my iPhone and can't look it up, so maybe one of you guys can enlighten us all. 13977? Mosquitor? Dagar?

#46= - Queen Andreeno (40/100 votes)

Last time: #43 (43/100 votes)

Like Ahgo, Queen Andreeno climbs up the countdown. I wonder if Mattel's tooling budget would prevent us from ever seeing this character being made though. And we've already talked about Stingrad and the more-likely Sweet Bee being included in the line. I can only tolerate so much buzzing.

Last edited by Scorpia; February 18, 2012 at 06:47am.

I voted for all of this bunch as well i think i probably voted for all the remaining characters. I do wish Butthead and Spinwit would be a little higher up i really liked the way both characters were portrayed in the cartoon. Heck Quake and Butthead had more screen time than anybody else outside of Flogg, Slush Head, and maybe Crita. I do think both Spinwit and Butthead's toys were disappointing in the original line but most of them were.

I'm disappointed Spinwit has dropped a little. Hope they use the toned down cartoon colours, the figure colours are way to bright, and include a cartoon accurate helmetless head.

No surprise with Butthead, my least wanted mutant but I would still buy him. As Spinwit (and most of the NA figures) I hope the use the toned down cartoon colours.

King Ahgo is the only one in this lot I didn't vote for.

I could be wrong but I don't think there was a story covering Scrollos's origin, though the issues running up to the (New Adventures of) 'He-Man' re-branding did flesh out his character a lot more.
    Scrollos is one of my most wanted characters and now we've got a Horde Prime head from these comic I'm a lot more hopeful we'll get him.
    He has a few different colour schemes (see below link) and I'm not sure which one I'd want the figure to come in
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2786341

I'd really like a Queen Andreeno and can't wait to see what a Classicized version of her would look like. She will probably use the standard female buck with a new dress piece to go over the torso, new head, wings and extra insect arms.
    Last edited by 13977; February 18, 2012 at 07:49am.

Wanted:

#45= - Karatti (41/100)

Last time: #41 (45/100)

A complete reversal for Karatti. Last time with 45 votes in position 41 and now with 41 votes in position 45. If the line continues, we're several steps closer to a Karatti figure since last year - now we've seen Icarius (Flipshot) and Slush-Head revealed, we're closer to all the NA characters, but I'd wager a bet that we're closer to the Mutants than the Galactic Guardians, erm, Protectors. Karatti's got that interesting zombie look to him and would be an easy tool based on current available parts. Looking at the vintage figure and the cartoon design, I have a feeling Karatti may surprise a lot of people.

#45= - Staghorn (41/100)

Last time: #45 (41/100)

Several characters have unchanged votes or positions, but few have unchanged votes and positions. Staghorn is one of those. A sort of pirate/bandit mutant from the NA line, he was given a meaty role in the latter half of the cartoon series and pitted as a nemesis for Sagitar - and if Sagitar is likely for a beast slot, I hope Staghorn gets a name-check in his bio to raise awareness of the character. Along with Quakke, Staghorn's my favourite B-list NA villain from the series (with Crita and Flogg being top of the A-listers), though I admit the figure isn't much to look at.

#45= - Admiral Scurvy (41/100)

Last time: #46 (40/100)

One of my most-wanted characters ain't so popular. Obviously Scorpia, Octavia and Vultak will come first, but hopefully Admiral Scurvy will fill out the Horde ranks in a few years time. Not much more to say really other than his killer eye-patch and meaner-than-mean attitude - he actually presumed he had killed the Sea Hawk! Seriously, watch Anchors Aloft. You'll love to hate this creepy vampiric guy.

#45= - Kulatuk (41/100)

Last time: #47 (38/100)

This guy was actually designed as a figure for the 200x series - and I presume it was the Kulatuk elder, as opposed to an army builder. I wish they'd made him, as it would have elevated his popularity today and made the 200x line that little bit more exciting for me. It was always good to see reimaginings of characters like Evil-Lyn, Clamp Champ and Stinkor, but brand new characters would've made the line a lot more varied, in my opinion (which is one of the reasons MOTUC is so successful, IMO).

Karatti is actually one of my favourite Mutants so I'm a little disappointed to see him drop a few places, and unlike just about every other NA figure I actually hope they use the vintage figure colours not the cartoon colours which I think are too bright.
    After Butthead, Staghorn my next least wanted mutant but I would still buy him.
    Admiral Scurvy is not one of the Filmation characters on my want list, only one in this lot I didn't vote for.
    I would buy a Kulatuk, preferably the Kulatuk Elder. I wonder would a Classicized Kulatuk just be Beast Man with a new head?

Wanted:

Ah, finally. I voted for most of those NA characters.