Thread: The Official 2012 - 2013 College Football Thread

Hybrid View

Master of New Adventures!

The Official 2012 - 2013 College Football Thread

Well, right off the top I want to again say thanks to everyone that participated in The 2011- 2012 College Football thread. Never in a million years did I imagine we'd end the thread with over 8,000 views! (There were a lot of things I never imagined would happen during the season, but they did. So please no one point out to me how Nebraska collapsed and dashed my early high expectations. I know, I know and I'm still in mourning. )

As I said in my closing post for the 2011 - 2012 thread, I really enjoyed the interaction between the fans, well thought-out points of view, great team spirit and even the occasional tongue-in-cheek (I hope!) potshots at my Nebraska Cornhuskers.

I'm sure it seems like it's a little early to start a thread for the new season, but the reality is that the new season really does begin right after the National Championship Game and the final rankings. As we all know, there's been no shortage of news so far on the college football front -- some of it sad, some of it intriguing, some of it confusing and some of it downright irritating. Some of it also hopeful -- I really think this is going to be the year that there's (to mix sports) a full court press for a championship series. We'll see.

Anyway, there's going to be plenty happening from now until kick-off in Fall. ('Fall'. Sounds an eternity away, doesn't it?) So I thought I'd launch a new thread. I hope everyone brings their A-game to this thread the way you did to last year's and that we have as much fun as we did during the 2011 - 2012 season. You guys (and gals) were one of the best things about last season for me. You're the greatest.

GO BIG RED!

Hopefully our coach won't royally embarrass us this season, but I know he will. In one night I saw the number of things covered in LSU go from everywhere to nonexistent. Lol

I miss football. I'm glad we've got a new thread!

Now we just need a playoff!

This is what they call playoffs?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=cf_t11_a0

Well, at least they're talking about it. But this kind of playoff is far, far from what I want. I wanted to see each conferences' top two playing in a true playoff season. Is that too much to ask? And isn't that what the NCAA basketball March Madness is about -- a Cinderella team's shot at the whole thing. Isn't it exciting when we see a second tier seeded basketball team defying all odds and making a run for it fueled by guts and determination? And doesn't a football team with a season in which they don't lose a single game have a right to a Rocky Balboa shot at the crown even if they're just an obscure 'club fighter'?

Yeah, yeah. I know all about the bowl games. But we could make them just as exciting -- and maybe moreso -- by having different bowls host different playoff match-ups.

At this rate, however, I'm afraid most of you will be as old as me before you ever see a true playoff season.

Come on Iowa State, that is about all I can say this early in the season but I am looking forward to building off last years wins and having a more solid year where we win the games we should win.

Also looking forward to the revamped Big 12, have always hated Missouri so I am really glad they are now the SEC's problem
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Come on Iowa State, that is about all I can say this early in the season but I am looking forward to building off last years wins and having a more solid year where we win the games we should win.

Also looking forward to the revamped Big 12, have always hated Missouri so I am really glad they are now the SEC's problem
    Remember I called this first: ISU's coming out ranked from the start and finishes in the top fifteen...maybe ten.