Well, right off the top I want to again say thanks to everyone that participated in The 2011- 2012 College Football thread. Never in a million years did I imagine we'd end the thread with over 8,000 views! (There were a lot of things I never imagined would happen during the season, but they did. So please no one point out to me how Nebraska collapsed and dashed my early high expectations. I know, I know and I'm still in mourning. )

As I said in my closing post for the 2011 - 2012 thread, I really enjoyed the interaction between the fans, well thought-out points of view, great team spirit and even the occasional tongue-in-cheek (I hope!) potshots at my Nebraska Cornhuskers.

I'm sure it seems like it's a little early to start a thread for the new season, but the reality is that the new season really does begin right after the National Championship Game and the final rankings. As we all know, there's been no shortage of news so far on the college football front -- some of it sad, some of it intriguing, some of it confusing and some of it downright irritating. Some of it also hopeful -- I really think this is going to be the year that there's (to mix sports) a full court press for a championship series. We'll see.

Anyway, there's going to be plenty happening from now until kick-off in Fall. ('Fall'. Sounds an eternity away, doesn't it?) So I thought I'd launch a new thread. I hope everyone brings their A-game to this thread the way you did to last year's and that we have as much fun as we did during the 2011 - 2012 season. You guys (and gals) were one of the best things about last season for me. You're the greatest.

GO BIG RED!