Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memory Lane: When did you find out about Classics and what happened next?

Memory Lane: When did you find out about Classics and what happened next?

When did you find out about classics and what happened next?

Just taking a trip down memory lane.

I found out about classics at a toy show about a year and a half ago. I didn't buy them immediately because I primarily collected Joe stuff and I guess I already had the figures as a kid so there was no need to revisit the line and plus, I didn't want to pay a premium to buy the figures on the secondary market.

Shoot ahead six months and I noticed that figures were coming out that were never released in the old line and I was hooked.

Took me four months but I finally have every figure in the line. It's a nice feeling.

RR

Court Magician Sentinelgrayskull's Avatar
    I used to play basketball 24/7 than my knees began failing me and I stopped. Around 2009 i found that i had nothing to do and it started to bother me so one day I saw the Marvel Universe figures at Target and i started to collect them. Two months later I was told to go to Frank and Son Collectible show in Ca. Since I live like 15 minutes away I went to check it out and I was hooked to toys. Most importantly the first thing that caught my eye that day was how nice the MOTU line looked. I started buying them and it was not that bad to catch up. The problem was that since I did not have a sub and the figures sold like in 5 min I had to pay extra each time they came out.

It's been a nice ride, but lately it's just harder to enjoy them with each passing blunder.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I've been a member of this site for years and I knew that it was coming before it started, and have been collecting it since the beginning.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I've always kept up with MOTU through this site, and I must have found out about King Grayskull and then realized it was going to be somewhat of a continuing line. I liked King Grayskull, but was more excited to get He-Man and Beast Man. I thought, "whoa... 20 bucks a figure. I don't know how long I can last." Turned out I've collected every figure and always did the subs. It was a dark time at the job I was working at in the beginning of the line, and I can very specifically remember the day Beast Man and He-Man arrived at my desk. I was amazed at how cool of an update He-Man was. I couldn't wait till Skeletor came next. I have not regretted this line. I look at my shelves and with each wave I wonder, "how am I gonna fit anymore figures in this room?" Yet, somehow I do. I've only had a few minor complaints along the way. Unless something really extreme happens, I see myself collecting it till its end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I've been a member of this site for years and I knew that it was coming before it started, and have been collecting it since the beginning.
    Same for me. Lost the original King Grayskull for the stupid no-international-shipping-for-electronics policy though.

Heroic Warrior
    Me, too.

Found out at the intial announcement, been happily & steadily going broke ever since!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    accidentally found the matty.com advert for He-Man on line. I decided to buy He-Man for ***** and giggles but never intended to buy the rest. Months later I found more adverts on line for other figures like Tri-Klops and Mer Man and realized I have to have them. So I tracked down whatever I didn't have on ebay and the rest is history.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I was a lurker from 2001 and I checked out the .org's reactions to the MYP episodes that was airing at the time. I actually joined the .org the day I found the Hordak, Clawful and Snout Spout stactions at a local Suncoast. I had a Pryde of the X-Men Cyclops avatar back then, but I didn't post much.

Since I was always a member on the.org, I was here for Classics since the beginning. When I first found out about Classics, the Pre-Filmation fan in me I liked what I saw. Especially that Mer-Man figure. However, the thing that made me come out and post as much as I did was the point reusing parts. I didn't take that too well, as 200X/MYP made me like MOTU even more than I did back then in the Filmation days and that I thought that reusing parts was a HUGE step backward. I'm ultimately after a dozen radically different 200X versions of Classic characters and some 200X alternate heads--not so much the original characters from 200X, as most people think (I'd get them as well). I soon became the posterboy for the archetypical 200X fan stereotype who is ultra aggressive and has to fight and campaign for anything that he might want because of the belief that Mattel won't make such things automatically and many fans prefer the vintage designs to 200X designs. As aggressive as I was in trying to get other like-minded fans to my side (until KnightDaimien said something to change my mind about my aggressive nature on the Fwoosh), my "vintage purist foes" were just as aggressive in opposing me back in 2008-2009 (You like 200X so much? Get them from eBay!) and we've had numerous epic, thread-closing confrontations over the years. I've even got a Rogue's Gallery out of it. LOL! Those were the Dark Ages of the line where fans fought with each other to see who should get made first.

I've mellowed out over the last few years, as I've come to somewhat accept the Classics designs and parts re-use (within reason--you cut too many 200X elements away, then the point of making a 200X look is lost), although I favor 200X elements. Just as I "calmed down", the vintage purists have gotten many major classic characters and have relaxed. At first, I sought out specific news for anything TG might say about 200X versions of characters and brought it to the .org, but that search naturally evolved into discovering any MOTUC news, no matter what the era. And now, many of my "Rogues" are on my Friend's list and we talk in the Chat.

I'm STILL waiting on a 200X version of a classic character.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I became aware of the figures through Toyfare magazine. I remember being "meh" about them at the time, because I had wanted a continuation of the 200X series. I had enjoyed the updated looks of many of the characters. I remember reading about the Classics and being turned off when they said that they were going to look like the vintage line. While they were fun toys for me as a kid, as a adult they don't carry much weight past nostelga. I never collected the commerative figures when they were released. So vintage meant weird little squatty legs and kind of goofy looking character. It didn't help that the initial lineup consisted of some of my least favorite characters. Stratos and Zodac do little for me, and I prefer the look of the 200X hulking Beastman over the vintage. The 200Z Skeletor figure had spoiled me with how evil he looked in the face. So between having my mind made up and the initial lineup not being that appealing, I just didn't give it much thought.

I kept seeing new figures in Toyfare and would read the full page ads that they would put in. Characters began catching my interest. I remember thinking that Triklops looked pretty cool, reminded me of the vintage figure but looked updated. Than Adora was released, and that excited me. I had been collecting the 200X stactions for the Horde and snake men at this point and Adora could be displayed with them. Plus she's just damn cute. I ordered her from Matty Collector when she was released, making her my first Classics figure.

At some point while I was researching remaining statcions that I needed, I came across a toy review site called OAFE. They had some reviews of Classics figures as well and I started reading up on them. Merman was one of my favorites, and between his review and Toyfare ad my interest started to grow. Then I read about Trap Jaw...he could be Kronis too! That was pretty awesome! So my interest began to grow and my initial mindset about the line began to change. The final tipping point was when the 2nd series of DC and MOTUC was released. I saw the blue merman and thought the figure looked great! It was not a blocky, squatty vintage figure, this was a great updated version of a figure I liked. I wanted the vintage head though...so while I didn't get that set soon I ended up finding Mer-man on Ebay.

That was the tipping point. Mer-man needed badguys to hang with, so I started buying evil warriors. Just evil warrioers was the plan. Then I bought King Hiss and Catra, because I could display them with my Horde/Snakemen stactions. Then when the Cyber monday sale hit this year I got some of the Heroic Warrioers, so that I could make some battle scenes. And it has just gotten out of hand since then

So now I'm not completly "all in", there are still a few past figures that I don't plan on getting, and some future figures that I have no interest in. That being said, I certainly own a lot more than I planned too!

One thing I really cannot remember for this post... I have no idea how I found the .Org. Probably when looking for figure infor at some point or by following a link...but really, no idea. Some how I kept coming back and eventually started posting, I can't even remember what my first post was... maybe complaining about the lack of 200X stuff, I really don't know. But I'm here now and have started posting more, so that's fun
    Last edited by Barezz; February 11, 2012 at 12:33pm.

I actually heard about the line back in 2008, and since at the time I heard of it, there were no figures at that time because it was around the end of July. So after a while and still heavily collecting Transformers, I forgot about it, until this year when Dark of the Moon came out and the toyline pretty much sucked then Generations / RTS / Classics 3.0 died down I was looking for something else to collect, and I saw a pic of someone at the SDCC '11 with a MOTC figure, and remembered about the line, and was like...yup, that's it. There are only a few Transformers that I want at the moment that are not going to be released for a little while, and even then it's like 4 or 5, which between MOTUC figures I can easily get.

I finally started at the end of July with He-Man from Matty, and he then took after waiting 4 days for a confirmation, 2 weeks to get to me. Now I have 20, and will be 22 when Febs figures come....I am only collecting what I like, and what I had as a kid minus a few that I don't like anymore, or didn't like then, like Buzz Off & Leech (ironically, I liked the vintage Leech, and not the Classics update). And I still need Ram Man, Mantenna, Mekaneck & Dragstor to be made, but along the way there are more I find myself liking, and pick up, like now I have my first ever POP figures with She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Adora & Swiftwind.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I saw the add in Lee's toy review but started collecting after a year because I didn't had a creditcard back then.

I was extatic because I sold my vintage motu and regretted it ever since.
    Now that there were new figures I sweared to collect them all and still love the line very much.

But it has been a ride and experiance that I would never thought of and never will forget either
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

I was actually collecting 25th Joes, and 25th figures that were only from the vintage line and cartoon, when I found out about this line. I found out about it, I think, on Hisstank. I first saw He-Man and thought he looked terrible. I think it was mostly the eyes and the reddish paint job he had in the first pic I saw. However, seeing Beast Man, Mer-Man, Skeletor, Stratos, and Zodac is what sold me. I picked those up.

Originally, I was only going to collect vintage and cartoon figures made in MOTUC, just as I was with 25th Joes. But around July of 2010, I saw that just about all these figures were going to be awesome, while 25th Joes weren't getting attention by Hasbro, and that almost 1/4 or more of them weren't done "right"; it looked like 3/4 or more of MOTU figures were being done "right." So, despite my vintage purist direction, I reversed it and started getting everything. I sold off my 25th Joes and concentrated soley on MOTUC. Doing this was a great decision. It's fun to open up to the whole world and basically have a history of MOTU on my shelves, even if I don't care for the Star Sisters, or Captain Glenn or Bubble-Power She-Ra (the latter two aren't even displayed, and I don't own any of the TRU repaints except for Mer-Man). I also find that people find my MOTUC display much more visually interesting than when I had the 25th Joe stuff on display.

I hope this line lasts for several more years.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I saw King Grayskull in the MYP DVD, then heard the rest here on the Org, back in 2008.

I went online and ordered He-Man and Beast Man (2 of each) and waited happily.

And THEN...I had my FIRST (of MANY) negative experience with Digital River. My order didn't come, didn't come, didn't come...after a series of fruitless phone calls, I decided to re-order, just in case and figured I could just dispute the original charges later if the figures never came.

That was when I experienced my first sell-out.

Almost immediately after seeing that I couldn't re-order them, I received an email from DR, stating that my order had been cancelled and my funds returned to my account.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

The end of this adventure is that I had to procure both He-Man and Beast Man on the secondary market...for a HUGE mark-up.

I love the line...but my love for the Four Horsemen's work on MOTU shares almost the same birthday with my BLIND HATRED for all things Digital River.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    I've been lurking at the Org since 2002 and I found out about Classics here. I was actually disappointed about the look of the figures at first because I was a bigger fan of the 200x designs. It wasn't until watching Pixel Dan's review of He-Man that sold me on the new line and I have been addicted since.

I found out about the line when details were revealed to us about the coming line, after seeing the King Grayskull figure I was very happy that they had returned to a more beefy, chunkier classic looking style than what we had gotten the previous time around. Then when we saw He-Man and Beast Man I was extremely happy because it looked like MOTU had found the Power once more.

I never hesitated in buying MOTUC from the start, even going so far as purchasing a pre-order King Grayskull off eBay in case Matty was unable to ship to Canada. Fortunately they did and I purchased a couple of extras, scoring a bronze variant in the process. Then He-Man and Beast Man were released and I ordered them too on release day, receiving them on Christmas Eve. Finally getting some vintage characters once more in this updated form was a dream come true, I felt like a kid again and I was one happy fan to have my favorite toy franchise back on my toy shelves in an updated form that felt true to its original roots.

Though the line was off to a good start, there were a few things that bothered me right from the start. It wasn't He-Man's backward shoulders or the lack of accessories for some figures but how rigid the plastic was on capes and loincloths. At the time, I didn't know they had only planned an initial set of 6 figures, in my mind, I was thinking ahead to a possible Battle Cat or other vehicles or even a Castle Grayskull. I remember voicing my concern about how figures could barely sit on Matty and then seeing posters there make fun of people wanting figures that can sit or be posed better from the waist down which boggled my mind.

Despite such minor glitches I thought nothing of it because you can and always will find fault in something if you look hard enough for it. Then the line continued to grow and we finally began to get some new figures for the first time in plastic form which was terrific in my opinion. I was happy to see that MOTUC would not simply be a rehash like so many other franchises but would instead give us brand new stuff as well! Sure, some of the new stuff I wasn't a fan of but I still liked getting it because it was something new and not just the umpteenth version of an established character.

Along the way, we had more issues of quality control, some were more serious than others but thankfully the extremely serious ones haven't affected me yet. Despite these bumps in the road that we've experienced throughout this amazing journey, I'm still in it for the long haul and despite even some recent fumbles here and there, I can look beyond it all and continue to happily collect this line until Mattel pulls the plug.

Here's to this weekend's reveals and how I know I will be happy to add them to my collection!
    Last edited by Jean; February 11, 2012 at 01:20pm.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I've been a member of this site for years and I knew that it was coming before it started......
    This part,we're the same..... but at the time my finances were in the toilet. We bought a new house in '07, then as the release of KG at SDCC approached I was switched to only working part-time, I was also switched to having a very long commute when gas prices here were $1.33 a litre (I was fueling up my car every 3 days during tis time!), my wife was not working with our then 1 & 2.5 year old boys (maternity leave pay had also expired since she barely worked between pregnancies). There was only enough $$ to keep our heads above water, but I managed to scrape a little extra together to buy KG (which turned out to be the bronze statue variant). The other figures I had to begrudgenly pass on due to funds. I even desperately tried to find a fellow Ottawa collecter here that would be willing to buy figures together in order to split shipping costs in an attempt to decrease the total cost of a figure, but to no avail.
    Luckily just as reissues were announced, I was already back to full-time, working a little closer to home, and my wife was back to work. I was able to get caught up on all the figures I wanted thanks to the reissues, and the generous help of orgers in the Marketplace that charged non-scalper prices for the other figures I was missing. It was awesome not having to pay inflated prices when trying to make up for the time I missed being able to buy figures straight from Matty. I think $34.99 for Zodak at BBTS was the most I had to spend while playing catch up.

....Now things are much better as far as finances go *knocks on wood*, so I'm just enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts collecting new versions of figures from my favorite childhood toyline. Let's hope it lasts until every version of every character gets made.

Heroic Warrior
    Found out about the line in early-2010 just by Googling He-Man one day. I actually use to check this site every once in a while since probably 2006, but hadn't done so in a long time.

Anyway, I resisted buying any Classics until November 2011. The reason I caved is that I bought the complete 200x line for my 4 year old son and 5 year old daughter for X-mas and their birthdays. After doing that, I became a bit obsessed with the Classics look and bought Skeletor and He-Man thinking that was gonna be it. Then I went crazy and bought every single figure, including the 2 packs, and approximately $3500 later here I am as a completest wishing I had the subscriptions for 2012.

I lurked the .org back in 2002 until 2004 because of he 200x line. In 2004 I became a member and followed the progress of the 200x line throug the stactions and the introduction of King Grayskull.. After the 200x line and its issues and then the stactions coming to an ubrupt end, I swore I would not bother with the new figures at all. I actually sold 99% of all my 200x and staction collection and all of my vintage collection. The only thing I kept where the full size NECA statues and busts. I was able to stay away until march of 2011..

I walked into Toys r us looking for a B-day gift for a nephew and came across the Lex luthor vs Skeletor 2 pack. It was on sale for like 15 bucks so I grabbed. When I got it home I opened it up and compared it too the 200x skele and vintage skele I still had left over. I LOVED it.. I got on .org for the first time in a couple years. Took me a minute to remember my password! LOL!! Once I seen how far the line had already come and how awesome the figures where I began. Went over to Matty and bought a Keldor reissue and then hit ebay and members here until I was all caught up. It was costly at first getting caught up but worth it. By November last year I was basicly there I have all the figures now except BA He-man and BA Faker.

Love the line so much.. I have devoted the decor of my home office to MOTUC and other misc. MOTU items.. from the age of 5 up to 34 I am still a huge fan of MOTU. It truly has been a huge part of my life and my children have also grown up with it. My wife even likes remembering how her and her brother would sit around and watch the toon when it cam on..

I have to admit though, at this point I do somewhat regret selling off the pieces of my vintage and 200x collection were let go. I won't make that mistake again.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    In 2007, I started a job the day after Comic Con ended, and all my coworkers brought in pictures from SDCC. I saw a picture of the He-Man prototype and my curiosity was piqued. I think I said a prayer that if it came back, it'd do well, because the sculpt was absolutely gorgeous, then that we could get everyone we never got before... Queen Marlena and Shadow Weaver, namely.

In 2008, I was at work, and running a search for something and up came an article about the King Grayskull figure. I was so excited, everyone came over to see what was going on. I had to explain why He-Man looked more like Kull, and not regular He-Man. When SDCC came around, I had one mission: Get the King Grayskull action figure. I was tempted to buy a second to try and get the variant, but I didn't. I still remember waiting in line...

When it was announced they were starting Mattycollector, I was really excited. I knew I'd be buying He-Man and Skeletor, and others, but I didn't know if I'd be buying everyone. So the time came to order He-Man and Beastman, and I himmed and hawwed about Beastman, because I'd never had him before. Then it hit me... now I could have a complete collection. I remembered the prayer: Everyone I always wanted and those I never had were now in my grasp. So I made a bargain with the Almighty, that I'd buy them all, as long as they made them, provided I was able to get them. Mind you, subscriptions weren't in effect yet...

My aunt was visiting the other day and she took a count. Over 100, not counting the animals or giants.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

As I didn't want to write this all over again, I'm quoting my own post from another thread couple of months back.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin
    My earliest MOTUC-memories:

First of all, I want to thank Masters Cast -podcast, from where I learned that this line was coming. It was late August 2008 and King Grayskull was already released at the time, but He-Man was still slated for late October. I decided that I want He-Man and Skeletor for nostalgias sake, but that's it. Then the release schedule changed and He-Man was moved to December. At this point I was not sure, if I want to get any figures. Then came December 1st and it was about an hour before sale started, when I was washing my dishes and decided that if He-Man is still available, when I'm finished, I'm getting him. And on Dec 1st 12:10pm est, I made my order.

He-Man arrived couple of days before christmas, so I was able to gift wrap it for myself. Then when on christmas eve, when we opened our presents, my father and brother had this what the heck -look on their faces when they saw my He-Man. That night I also decided to start collecting this line fully, if Beast Man is still available when I wake up next morning. Of course he was, I ordered him and the rest is history.

- Joni -
    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I'd been a lurker here for years because I didn't have an email address that I could register with so I posted a lot at other sites. I was on Toy News International when I saw the He-Man sculpt from SDCC. The one the Horsemen decided to bring with them. That was it for me. I was hooked.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior
    Its interesting , I always kind of knew about the Classics line leading up to the release from other sites forums. (GI JOE nut as well) Basically my first reaction was like , damn i cant afford to collect Sigmas and MOTUC . So I kept watch until a forum buddy of mine and I had a good deal going where I would take off him what he didnt want at cost. Thus leading to this years sub which I signed up for and have been piecing together the rest for the past few months. (December was my first purchase from Matty)

But more fun of a story was when I was slapped in the face with the 200x line. Walking thru a wal mart i think and seeing them in the aisle, i seriously think I stopped dead in my tracks. If not for my wife I may have got everything they had right then and there. I eventually got most of those and some stactions as well. It was then I came across the org , and while i only recently made a donation and joined up, ive been in touch for most of the past decade. (I Remember when 200x Fisto's unreleased sword had a short run thru here!)

Like most of us Ive been a huge fan of MOTUC since I was about 4/5 (my mom still has a picture of me opening a xmas gift of Meckaneck) and this new Classics line is an incredible bridge for my 2 sons, who have found the old cartoons streaming on netflix and we watch together. And I also think its great that this line includes POP which will make it fun to get my Daughter into it eventually (shes just a baby). I do have to say her favorite figure is Demo Man , she always gets happy when I show him to her. And she tried to get the star sisters from the package when i got them lol.

Im very much looking forward to this line , and the expansion of it via customs and this incredible community and resources.

Great thread!

Heroic Warrior
    I blame a buddy of mine for getting me into the MOTU line.Though I didn't buy every single figure just the ones I liked.Just kidding but accaully I am happy to get into MOTU.I only had the Thunder Punch He man to my name back in the day.So,this is a great way to get figures I never had.

I found out about the SDCC Exclusive King Grayskull figure through the forums here & from that point on, I was hooked on Masters of the Universe Classics.

I've been a lurker on He-Man.Org since the late 90's. I grew up in & lived in the mountains & didn't have a computer at home. (We didn't even have a phone.) I would use the internet when I'd go into the city or when I was at work & that's how I found the .org. It wasn't until I moved out of the mountains & into this pit called San Jose that I was able to get internet access & finally join the forums.

When I did join, it was just in time to be a part of the Classics era of MOTU.
    I want my other half.

Happened when that first He-Man sculpt was shoved into a case at a toy show (don't remember which) and I FREAKED OUT. I searched all over for information what the heck that was - is it a new line? Was it a one-off figure? An exclusive? WHAT IS THAT?!

So that's when I started lurking here (though this place was kinda annoying to look through if you weren't a member) in hopes that they had answers. Last time I had come here before then was for mild info on the 200X line. Once 200X died, I kinda did a little-kid "harumph!" and crossed my arms without looking back. Really hated losing that. The new line, however, was just TOO interesting to miss. Eventually info finally came around and we find out that is not only a new He-Man, but a whole new toyline!

'Course I was geeked...but at the time, the price was a bit much. I don't feel that way anymore, honestly; what with the price increase on toys all around. I'm surprised they stayed at 20 for so long, actually. Just from 2008 forward they've gone from outrageous to not so bad in terms of price. 'Course they have been raised, but it was expected.

Anyway, I jumped on with He-Man and decided on Beast Man at the last second; figuring that if this line died, I'd at least have what I could get. Rest is subscription history!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.