Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: Anybody here sick of seeing same he-man head for all he-man variants?????

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior skully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    279

    Anybody here sick of seeing same he-man head for all he-man variants?????

    Hi Everybody,

    Anybody here sick of seeing the same He-man head being used over and over and over again????????????? They already saved a boat load from a super minimal tooling (armor, flaming fist accessory) why not spend money on a new head which also can be used on other he-man variants like the new adventures or something?????????

    PS
    I want a he-man head that looks like the current he-man head but with a different facial expression! I don't want him to look like a different person although an alcala he-man head wouldn't hurt. =)
    Last edited by skully; February 17, 2012 at 01:54pm.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    I agree! But the way the design team looks at it, The vintage line used the same head over and over again with the variants...so they are staying true to that concept. In MOTUC, giving Prince Adam a happy face was a good idea... It would be nice to see subtle facial changes with each variant, My guess is if and when they do Laser Power He-Man, they will give him a new hair style and maybe change his face.
    Last edited by mekaneckpain; February 17, 2012 at 12:23pm.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Exinferis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    340
    Happy... or smug?

  4. #4
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,142
    Hopefully Oo-Larr will come with an Alcala-He-Man head! But a He-Man 2.0 would be awesome too.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,841
    Yes. There are lots of different ways He-Man looks through out the media - let's see them!

    One reason why I'm not buying HM variants is because I'm not much of a fan of the "pretty boy" He-Man we currently have. The vintage toy has much more character. My MOTUC HM was replaced by Vikor & now sits in a box with Hordak, Faker & Roboto.
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  6. #6
    Shezar-Illumina-Crita fan The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,901
    I prefer the same He-Man head for each variant.

    However, I'm not a big fan of the receding hairline look that was on Prince Adam and reported on some other He-Mans. I think the hair was glued on funny in those instances, and it really looks crappy.

  7. #7
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,087
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I prefer the same He-Man head for each variant.

    However, I'm not a big fan of the receding hairline look that was on Prince Adam and reported on some other He-Mans. I think the hair was glued on funny in those instances, and it really looks crappy.
    heat it up peel it off and reglue it, VERY easy fix, in fact, I didn't reglue mine, just so I have the option of taking off his hair
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior skully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I prefer the same He-Man head for each variant.

    However, I'm not a big fan of the receding hairline look that was on Prince Adam and reported on some other He-Mans. I think the hair was glued on funny in those instances, and it really looks crappy.

    just out of curiosity, why would you prefer the same head? wouldn't you want a new face with a different expression? a more angry or an angry closed mouth he-man? to be clear, i don't want a new head that doesn't resemble the original he-man face, ofcourse for continuity purposes, they should look like the same person but with a different expression.
    Last edited by skully; February 17, 2012 at 12:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,440
    Hm...I can't say I disagree, however, I am also not unhappy with what we are getting. Guess I could go either way. Still, like I said, I don't disagree. I know the latest D-Arts Mega Man X figures have done something similar to what you're saying. The regular Mega Man X has three different faces, and I assumed the Full Armor X would be the same, but they actually took that chance to give the other two faces some different eye positions! It was a real treat, 'cause instead of two sets of the same faces, I now have an array of different ways for X and the armored version to look!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  10. #10
    the .09% stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alternia
    Posts
    1,925
    jlyk, tru hair on kg head looks very 200x. that wouldn't require any new tooling.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  11. #11
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,709
    Initially, we were told all He-Men and Skeletor's would have the same head, as that's how the figure would look through the "classicizer." Given that we just got the Alcala Skeletor head, though, I'd say that may not be a steadfast rule anymore.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    I am so glad they made the Alcala Skeletor head... Even though I am a vintage purist, I prefer the Alcala head... It looks so much more ghastly and spooky. I hope there are plans for an Alcala He-Man head.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    I agree wholeheartedly that they need to start putting out some new expressions for He-Man. I would also like a laughing Skeletor head. Variety it the spice of life, I want options.

  14. #14
    Shezar-Illumina-Crita fan The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    heat it up peel it off and reglue it, VERY easy fix, in fact, I didn't reglue mine, just so I have the option of taking off his hair
    A bald He-Man? Interesting. I had a Slaughter's Marauders Spirit that lost his hair; it was tragic. Yet, my sister and I worked in a gag where Freedom would pull off his hairpiece.



    Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    just out of curiosity, why would you prefer the same head? wouldn't you want a new face with a different expression? a more angry or an angry closed mouth he-man? to be clear, i don't want a new head that doesn't resemble the original he-man face, ofcourse for continuity purposes, they should look like the same person but with a different expression.
    I like the same head for continuity purposes. I'd like to see He-Man's current head on the NA variations. It would probably make it easier for me to accept them (I wasn't a NA fan growing up and hated the cartoon ponytail look).

    Now, I'm not against an Alcala He-Man head (love the Alcala Skeletor) or a head with different expressions, but I would just prefer this only as a extra pack in (like Prince Adam's two expressions).

  15. #15
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,148
    I like the heads to look similar, as well, but I'd definitely be ok with another expression or a differing hairstyle for He-Man in the future. I'm really expecting something pretty cool for NA He-Man and Skeletor.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  16. #16
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I like the heads to look similar, as well, but I'd definitely be ok with another expression or a differing hairstyle for He-Man in the future. I'm really expecting something pretty cool for NA He-Man and Skeletor.
    I agree, I wouldn't want something that bore no resemblance in facial structure to the He-Man head we have. But, initially, we were told that an NA or Laser He-Man would have the current head, even though there was a significant difference in the hairstyle on both. Now that they've done a non-Classicized Bone Head, I'm hoping the door is open for classics He-Man to have the proper "do" for some variants.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  17. #17
    REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,082
    I would like to see a different facial expression for He-Man,
    and the New Adventures He-Man should have an all new head with ponytail.
    I'd love to see the Alcala-He-Man head as well
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Initially, we were told all He-Men and Skeletor's would have the same head, as that's how the figure would look through the "classicizer." Given that we just got the Alcala Skeletor head, though, I'd say that may not be a steadfast rule anymore.
    the alcala head didn't come with skeletor.

    however, they broke the rule with the molarr pack as the skeletor in that pack was missing a tooth.

  19. #19
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,274
    I would like to see a newly sculpted He-man head, but I'm sure we'll get one down the line with Oo-Larr, Snake Armor He-man, NA He-man or some other variant. You also have to consider the tooling budget being allocated throughout the entire year of figures. Mattel would have to decide between sculpting and tooling a brand new He-man head or using that tooling for a second head for Fisto, Kobra Khan, Stinkor, etc. Which would you rather have?

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,106
    The He-Man variants are all He-Man so they should have the same head. Oo-Larr is a different character and should therefore be different.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    The He-Man variants are all He-Man so they should have the same head. Oo-Larr is a different character and should therefore be different.
    yeah, like wundar.

  22. #22
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,148
    Interestingly, Teela's face was somewhat different for the Battleground variant, so that is also something to think about. I do hope, however, that NA doesn't just use the same old He-Man hair piece. I'd be fine with a toned down version of the pony tail (or maybe something closer to laser light) and a 2nd helmeted head.

    I just hope that NA Skeletor looks nothing like the animated NA Skeletor. I just started watching the show: I'm definitely interested as the plot is different and I like seeing the NA characters in action, but Skeletor is definitely the weak part of the show so far. Skeletor's eyes and teeth make me think of the Mask!!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cutler Bay, FL
    Posts
    289
    I'm perfectly fine with the head reuse up to this point as the vintage line used the same head sculpt for He-Man, Faker, Battle Armor He-Man, Thunder Punch He-Man, Prince Adam, Wun-Dar, and Flying Fists He-Man. This is a line that relies heavily on parts reuse as well as taking their inspiration from the vintage line so I don't see them making a different headsculpt amongst those variants when there is no real precedent set. Don't get me wrong, it's nice from time to time they throw a little something our way like they did with Prince Adam and his smiling head sculpt. Hell, when New Adventures He-Man gets sculpted, they are most likely going to reuse the head with a different hair piece since the original NA toy had pretty much the same face sculpt as the vintage He-Man only with a different hair style. Plus, if they started doing a different head sculpt for each variant, some people are probably going to be upset that they have to buy another figure just for the sake of having a head with a different expression. What I would have liked would have been if they took a cue from SOTA's 2004 street fighter line and packed all of the figures with two heads with different expressions as well as interchangeable hands, but I can live with what we've been given.

  24. #24
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,541
    Nope, I'm not sick of it. In fact, since he is the main character, I think all future variants of him should come with 2 of the same head just so he has a back up!
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  25. #25
    Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    1,583
    Hi. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE! I am SOOOO SICK of getting the same He-man heads over and over again! Plus, that head is like 3 years old. I'd love to see a more modern, updated He-man head. That would make me buy the variants. I'm also hoping for a HM head cast in flesh colored plastic as opposed to being painted, as it makes the sculpt a little less crisp.

    I DID SEE a cool photo of a brand new He-man head sculpt, with slightly more detailed / barbaric features and a really cool windblown hair. More of an edgy, messed up air (like someone at the middle of a battle field!) It was sculpted for one of the He-man variants but never made it for reasons I do not know.
    I have no idea if it will be used one day, but I really really liked that head sculpt.

    There seems to be a theory / rumor / fan wish that we might get an 'evolution of He-man' type SDCC. If we did get different heads, I would LOVE mattel to use that unproduced variant head sculpt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •