Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    MTV Geek Interview/Walkthrough with Cornboy:

Get More: Geek: Event Coverage, Full Episodes

So the Snake Men are going to work "with some of the future Snake Men we have in store", eh?
    "Especially with the other Snakemen we have coming in store"- but I thought there weren't any other Snakemen at this point :O!

I'm nearly a week late writing all this, but I just haven't had the time to post it all until now:

Spikor: I was afraid Mattel wouldn't let The Four Horsemen make him cool. Unfortunately he once again falls victim to Mattel's "Stay 100% true to the vintage figure." edict. JUST like Snout Spout and Sy-Clone it would have been better if they had told The Four Horsemen "Go ahead and give him a little 200X influence/Feel free to update him a little bit as you see fit." It'll be neat to add him to my collection, but NOwhere near as exciting as it could have been if Mattel had really let the boys in Jersey do their thing.

Frosta: LOVE that she has a different face-sculpt than all the other MOTUC ladies; they really all were starting to look alike. Yes she has too much make-up at the moment but I'm confident that will be toned down on the final figure. Her wand is TOO big though so I hope that gets toned down for the final figure as well.

Snake-Men 2 pack: Meh. They're cool, but nothing I was really hoping for. I have a sub so I'm sure I'll keep them, but I won't buy 2 additional sets like I will for Horde Troopers.

Sir Laser Lot: This is who I was most excited to see because I am a HUGE Geoff Johns fan. I'm a bit disappointed, but while I've liked all of the 30th figures I haven't loved any of them, and I do really like the fact that he looks like something RIGHT out of Filmation because I love Filmation best of all versions of MOTU. I hope to like him more once I have him in hand, which has happened with several MOTUC figures, including Photog who arrived today. Hopefully they can add some more silver or maybe even red highlights to break up all the blue in him. But I think what he and Photog have in common is how much they look like a kid's version of a vintage MOTU character; some were saying that Photog's camera gun and film reel belt were silly, and I was starting to agree, but now that I have him in hand it all seems to fit PERFECTLY and be exactly what vintage MOTU was!

Lastly, the Keldor swords and Man-At-Arms cannon look great! And even though the cannon isn't coming with him, I'm still thrilled to see it and feel like it proves that fans DO have The Power!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post

Masters of the Universe® Classics at MattyCollector.com

• Temple of Darkness Sorceress®: Available at NYCC, Power Con and on Mattycollector.com in late 2012
    • Fisto™: Available 2/15 only at MattyCollector.com
    • Shadow Weaver™: Available 2/15 only to subscribers of 2012 Club Eternia®
    • Kobra Kahn™: Available 3/15 at MattyCollector.com
    • Thunder Punch™ He-Man®: Available 4/16 at MattyCollector.com, includes Issue 1 of the all-new 30th Anniversary mini-comic!
    • Stinkor®: Available 5/15 at MattyCollector.com
    • Snake Mountain™ Stands: Available 5/15 at MattyCollector.com
    • Slush Head™: Available 5/15 at MattyCollector.com
    • Griffin: Available 6/15 at MattyCollector.com (note revised avail date)
    • Horde Prime: Available 6/15 at MattyCollector.com
    • Snake Man-at-Arms®: Available 6/15 at MattyCollector.com, includes Issue 2 of the all-new 30th Anniversary mini-comic!
    • Spikor™: Available 7/16 at MattyCollector.com
    • Snake Men™ 2-Pack: Available 7/16 at MattyCollector.com
    • Frosta™: Available 9/15 at MattyCollector.com (NOTE: Frosta is running late so there will be no August 2012 Club Eternia® "basic" figure. Instead, much like February, there will be two figures in September. The second September figure will be revealed at a later date.

Is that a Typo or are we not getting a regular figure in April...but two in May?

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Is that a Typo or are we not getting a regular figure in April...but two in May?

ka
    It happened in January/February, and will again in August/September, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Eh, I'm kinda okay with the April/May switcharoni if this is actually the case. March and April being "light" months will help brace me for those double/triple figure months coming throughout the rest of the year. Plus, I've been so excited about TP He-Man that I totally overlooked Stinkor being pushed back until I saw this mentioned here.

I see they're still sticking with the horrible idea of making exact copies of the figures from the vintage line. And those new guys are pretty lackluster. The only good figure to come out of this line was Beast-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I see they're still sticking with the horrible idea of making exact copies of the figures from the vintage line. And those new guys are pretty lackluster. The only good figure to come out of this line was Beast-Man.
    I much prefer the vintage classics style myself. I'm not a big fan of the newer 200x series. the only reason I collect these is be ause they look like the vintage figures. I grew up with the classics style. So that's why I like the vintage style more.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    I much prefer the vintage classics style myself. I'm not a big fan of the newer 200x series. the only reason I collect these is be ause they look like the vintage figures. I grew up with the classics style. So that's why I like the vintage style more.
    I know, a lot of fans feel the way you do.

I'm not one of them. Reusing parts on every figure is so boring. How can folks get excited about that time after time again - especially for $30 per figure?

Actually, I was just curious and checking back here to see Spikor ... and he's not exciting at all. Could've been a really dynamic figure. Blah.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The only good coming out of Stinkor not coming out in April is that that month was going to be expensive. I have:

Thunderpunch He-Man x2
    Draego-Man x2
    Yellow Lion and Hunk
    Jay Garrick (with Metro sub)

Add on top that Matty will probabably not combine shipping again and that means I will have to pay $60 in shipping.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.