Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

Happy with all the reveals ESP The Snake Men I think Sir Lazer could use some touching up and Frosta needs less eye shadow , but otherwise am happy with what I say today

Quote Originally Posted by elkkthunder View Post
    check out some coverage I posted on my site - http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2...om-mattel.html
    Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    SPIKOR!!!! WOOOOOHOOO!
    A pity he doesn't have the more rounded head like the vintage toy though... looks like they took more Filmation/Mimi Comic influences.
    I'm totally stoked he doesn't have a spiky balloon for a head! He looks awesome.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Funny as this must seem I'm a little disappointed that we are getting Spikor this soon.
    I was hoping for him in 2013. Something to give fans something to look forward to. I don't want all the top wants to be gone so soon. I'd like for the line to something to look forward to each year & remain strong.

I was really hoping for Evil Seed, Clamp Champ, Snake Face & Eldor.
    I'm sorry, I don't get this mentality. I definitely don't want the line to be stretched out. Especially unnecessarily. I don't want the line to go on forever. I want it to continue for as long as there are necessary figures. And besides, there are plenty of exciting figures to still wait for. This is the 30th year and we are getting core characters (Sorceress, Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Spikor...). That is exactly how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I heard that Frosta is supposed to have an ice shield.
    is that so we can use it to hide her face?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Cool stuff!

Snake Men 2 pack: Awesome! Even better that it doesn't look like one that I wana double-up on like the Eternian Guards. One pack will be more than enough to flank Hsss. Anyway they look VERY cool. Love all the detail and the open mouth heads.

Snake MAA: BRAVO! Perfect way to go from "meh" to "cool!" This is now a worth while figure. That and GREAT job on the hand cannon! Haven't looked around for info on how we get it yet, but I love it. Perfect, just perfect. Nice and dumbed down and looking like it came out in the original line. I love it! But Snake MAA is gona get my moustached head from my first MAA and he'll be my MAA for the later years. Just looks fantastic!

Spikor: Pretty much what I expected, so...cool. I was kinda hoping for something to wow me, but he's just meeting expectations. Face is pretty hardcore, though!

200X Skeletor Swords: THERE WE GO. That's what I was expecting for Keldor! Heck, I was even expecting something without the details, but this is perfect! I love 'em! Can't wait!

Frosta: Mmmmeeehhh....not terrible. I know her face is painted right now, so I'm not gona comment on that. This is obviously an early proto. Still, it's what I expected in terms of design...just the toon design. Devoid of interesting detail. Also her staff is pretty much just the toy staff. I hope they come up with some ice blasts for her or SOMETHING. Come on guys.

Sir Laser Lot: Friggin' BRILLIANT! Perfectly captures the idea of a child. I love it. Especially the name! This looks like something I would have seen in the line years ago, or in a toyline like it. I love this guy! This is the kinda wacky stuff I was looking forward to in the 30th series. Good stuff! I'll probably love 'em even more as he gets more and more hate tossed on 'em. Time to check out the thread on how to "fix" him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Sir Lazerlot looks like a Thundercats Third Earth visitor. Or maybe I'm thinking of when Mumm Ra became King Arthur. Spikor has the same difficult source figure Clawful had. Maybe too faithful to the original. MerMan was classicized well, why not these figs.

... but, yeah. There's an inertia in the air over this set of reveals. Is the one figure not caught on camera the carnivorous fish headed figure with the kangaroo legs... 'Sharkjumpor'?

Spikor- Looks good to me, like him. Only thing i wish is that rather then the 2 tridents they had gotten the hammer arm he had in the mini comic, "The terror claw strikes". Hopefully he gets skelators 2 blades, cementing him as his blacksmith.

Frosta- this is the first time im saying this, but i think her face sculpt or paint job needs to be scaled back a bit, lay off a little on the eye shadow, maybe scale back the teeth, but since this is a prototype I think thats what we will see in the final product, not worried about it. I like the rest of the body, the weapon, everything else looks good.

Snake man Army builder- Love it, the characters look cool, Hope there is a little more interchangeability around it, like the palace guards but I think they are the perfect army builder now, the snakemen need more characters, perfect for 200x fans.

Laser Lot- I think he fit perfectly into the line reminds, me of one of those concept figures from the Tomart article, one of the Herioc Knights or Forest Characters. I wonder which factors he will belong too, I guess the heroic warriors Or maybe one of Grayskulls allies. Anyone Notice the the Mace that he is Coming with, Remind you of anyones, possibly Lodar, cover of Slave City.

Attachment 72913

And MAA gun, I really really glad to see that and think that Toy Guru did a good job of trying to make the fans like what essentlily was a repaint and make him something more, I want to thank him personally for making that happen. It s has made me want to keep him now .
    Last edited by facet; February 12, 2012 at 07:53pm. Reason: more info

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm hoping that this year motuc will come out with another n/a figure, a pog figure, 200x character & another one of the masters.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I did say;

No Rio, We Riot
    but Spikor more than made it up for me.

Spikor, with Rio Blast, was the current most wanted for me. Rio Blast still needs to come but I wonder who I will be clamoring for now?
    HECK YEAH!!! Nice to see another Rio Blast.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Sir Lazerlot looks like a Thundercats Third Earth visitor. Or maybe I'm thinking of when Mumm Ra became King Arthur. Spikor has the same difficult source figure Clawful had. Maybe too faithful to the original. MerMan was classicized well, why not these figs.
    You must be thinking of Mandora:

thundercats110-07.jpg

I loved that character

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Laser Lot- I think he fit perfectly into the line reminds, me of one of those concept figures from the Tomart article, one of the Herioc Knights or Forest Characters. I wonder which factors he will belong too, I guess the heroic warriors Or maybe one of Grayskulls allies. Anyone Notice the the Mace that he is Coming with, Remind you of anyones, possibly Lodar, cover of Slave City.
    http://www.bigislandtoys.com/images3/32099.jpg
    Oh, good eye! Yeah, that is pretty much the exact mace! The size of the ball compared to the figure, the length of the handle...it looks exactly like it! Bet they molded that with a future Lodar in mind; has to be!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Whoa! How cool!

I like Frosta's face sculpt because it has a lot of character to it and I bet she'll look a little different at SDCC.
    I'm really happy for the Spikor fans who have been jonesing for him, he looks really menacing and I'm really digging the colors on his spiked club.
    SMAA, YAAAYYY that he's still sporting the orange and green! I like the techno bits to him, but I also liked him before as well.
    Griffin, I like the new paint job. I'm glad to see little white accents on his feet.
    Snake Men army builder rocks my socks, chocked full o' awesomeness.
    and Sir Lazer Lot I love. He (imo) fits in great and his accessories are super cool. I'm really wishing I had gotten a 30th Anniversary sub now

What fun info to come home to.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Definitely way too much vintage this year which scares me a little. Was hoping for a more balanced year.

Frosta is already delayed so hopefully they can do more fixing to her. Look at some of these other faces and hers will kind of **** you off.....

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=800&start=0

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=800&start=0
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Funny as this must seem I'm a little disappointed that we are getting Spikor this soon.
    I was hoping for him in 2013. Something to give fans something to look forward to. I don't want all the top wants to be gone so soon. I'd like for the line to something to look forward to each year & remain strong.

I was really hoping for Evil Seed, Clamp Champ, Snake Face & Eldor.
    We still have Ram Man, Mekaneck, and Mantenna to look forward too... along with Jitsu, Two-Bad, Ninjor, etc... I think we still have quite a bit to look forward to...
    Say cheese!!!

Loved the Reveals today, but on the fence about Laser lot untill I see his bio even though he's in my 30th sub.

I'll be getting one skake two pack in my sub so i'll buy an extra on sale day to have four underlings for King Hssss

It's vintage heavy beacause of the 30th anniv. It should also have a few more 200x figures thrown in because it's the 10th anniv of the 200x line
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I heard that Frosta is supposed to have an ice shield.
    Just curious, where did you hear that? That would be quite cool.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    No Snake Mountain stands at NYTF

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    sorry to have a negative opinion i know thats frowned apon here, but anyone else feel we're on the downward slope with this line, every figure thats been released recently has had major problems or is a huge letdown

Really??? The negative opinion seems to be the norm anymore?

WOW…so much to comment on. I'll begin with over all I'm very happy.

Sir Laser Lot:
    Hmmm…he's actually NOT that bad. And to those ragging on the name…c'mon really? This is MotU…we've got figures named Spikor, He-Ro and Mantenna…need I really say more about that? I think the problem with the 30th Anniversary figures is that people were expecting more. Especially after seeing Draego Man.

Snake Man-At-Arms:
    I love the additional paint app details…and he's got his 200X canon! Very cool. As strange as it sounds…I can't believe I'm saying this…I'm half temped to get a second one of him to display as a "200X MAA. I'm looking forward to posing him with the Snake Men…which leads me to my next comments…

Snake Warriors:
    Pure awesomeness! The designs are gorgeous! The shield detail is great! Everything there is top notch! I guess I'll have to get a second set to display all four heads…smart move like with the Royal Guards.

Griffin:
    The new paint apps on the wings are great! I'm relieved to see that they left some white on there. I think if they'd changed the wings to all brown (even shades of brown) it would have been too much.

Spikor:
    I LOVE HIM!!! The face is GREAT! The more oblong design to the head is cool as well…it makes him look a bit more gaunt. And…we're getting two arms?? One "regular arm" and one for the trident??? I'm looking forward to him as I knew I would!

Frosta:
    Okay…at first glance she kinda looks a bit hooker-ish. BUT…Frosta always came across as a bit vixen-ish to me. I'm thinking that once she gets to the production stage, the paint apps around her eyes will be toned down. I love the detail in her "belt". It'd be cool to see some ice blast attachments for her but hey…she's still pretty darn great as is.

200X Skeletor Swords:
    Yay! These are the swords that should have come with Keldor! They look fantastic!

Horde Prime:
    The more I see him the MORE I'm looking forward to getting him! I LOVE his crossbow! I can't wait to get him and take that helmet off!

I'm really excited for what's coming this year. I can't wait to get the mini comic with Thunder Punch He-Man…the back of his armor looks fantastic BTW! I love the powered up attachment for his fist! Lots of MotU awesomeness coming! And yes…I'm definitely still happy I have a subscription as well as a 30th Aniv sub.
    Last edited by chuc98; February 12, 2012 at 08:41pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Um I like Sir Laser-Lot

Spikor looks great, really good to finally see him coming
    Snake men 2 pack is a total win for me
    Frosts is good - but her face is too animated - too much makeup!

Glad I'm not the only one who likes Sir Laser Lot! The *NAME* is goofy, but hey, that figure looks pretty sweet!

Yea, pretty decent reveals. The only thing I'm not too crazy about are the Snake Men army builder. They look good, but I was just never a Snake Man fan. But, then again, I am a Star Wars fanatic and can't stand Boba Fett.

Frosta looks fine to me, animated face or not. I like her! I *love* the blue/white contrast on the figure. I know it's what she looked like originally, but this contrast just looks magnificent.

Spikor! A good rendition, no doubt! No complaints! Can't wait to add him to the collection! Now, about Ram Man, Mekaneck, Mantenna.... my list goes on. LOL!

Nah, good show Mattel.

Finally we get Frosta! Thank God! But that face......

It is just me or Frosta's face looks like she is coming from an adult movie?

I realy hope they can change the painting on her face, closer to the AlessandraF's adjustments.
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; February 12, 2012 at 08:41pm.

Has anyone noticed that TP He-Man's sword is a more vibrant shade of yellow than what we first saw? I thiknk I perfer the first one - it was more like the vintage.

Looking at Horde Prime (in the background), I wish they had given him some more variation in colour. The all red/balck solour scheme makes him look really bland next to everyone else.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Sir Lazerlot looks like a Thundercats Third Earth visitor. Or maybe I'm thinking of when Mumm Ra became King Arthur.
    Sir Laserlot

Mandora