Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    http://gallery.fanserviceftw.com/_im...puff_girls.gif

That would require them to officially spoil something which I doubt Mattel would be cool an official contracted source do- so Cornboy plays the lying card, which I can totally understand.
    I think most everyone here will believe Cornboy over you at this point. Cornboy has no reason to BS anyone.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I think most everyone here will believe Cornboy over you at this point. Cornboy has no reason to BS anyone.
    Except the fact that once again they already...bent the truth by telling a certain person in charge here before toyfair they hadn't even worked on Frosta. I proved my point- 3 out of the 4 things I spoiled way ahead of time happened and it's the last time I'm ever going to share info. If you and the 4 other same people who originally called bs before it was proved right want to continue to throw insults please do so in private messages not on the board.

Oh yeah also:

Last edited by vertigoink; February 13, 2012 at 10:20pm.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Awesome reveals this time for MOTUC! I'm very happy!!!

The New:
    Spikor was on top of my most wanted evil warriors wishlist for MOTUC!
    I had him as a kid and loved the figure. I am VERY excited how he tuned out! The extra arm which makes his trident a pure weapon is something I had hoped for! I'm so glad they actually made it this way

Frosta is great as well, she is next to Castaspella on top of my most wanted list of Great Rebellion figures. Although she could have gotten more details on the bracelets and maybe the boots. It kinda has a plain look to it like She-Ra 1.0 had. The toy bracelets on Frosta would be awesome! I really hope she'll come with the style guide staff as well! The large staff she has right now isn't as appealing to me. I wonder how the Ice shield will look. I was sure about the face paint being prototype only to rush for the show which has been confirmed. I'm sure the production figure's face will look great!

The Snake Men 2-Pack is a nice surprise! I like the Snake with the scales the best. I'll try to save up for 3 packs in total to have 6 Snake Men troopers. Some armor and loincloth swapping between the two can make these guys even more unique. They have great weapons too. I like it! Horde Troopers 2-pack for 2013 please! It would be too much for 2012 now lol.

200X Dual Blades for Keldor YES! Finally! They look very detailed for a classic-ized version! I'm happy with them! Very cool! Now to find out were they will be packed in.

Man-at-Arms' 200X Arm Cannon I'm glad we're finally getting this, but it looks kinda plain and square. I'm still happy with it though!

Sir Laser lot I love Knights! His colors are a little bland, but I like him. He looks like he could have been in one of the Filmation episodes. IMO he fits in the line as he most definably would have in the vintage line! I will call him Lasor instead.

I have a more difficult time to warm up to (The Mighty) Spector and (Fearless) Photog. Both are 'ok' for me. Maybe in time I accept them better. I see what happens when I have them in hand. I didn't want Mo-Larr for the longest time, but I finally bought him a few weeks ago when I got a good deal on him. Now that I have him in hand, I don't think he's that bad at all. I removed the tooth and changed his name to Doc-Tor. I might make him an assistant. He still doesn't really fit in with the rest imo, but he's a fun character! My wife hates Mo-Larr though lol.

Now that Sir Laser lot is announced, I want a standard Knight with a human face in silver armor in the MOTUC line even more!!!

The Updates:
    GriffinI love the way the color of Griffin's wings look now, It's a HUGE improvement!!! I'm blown away how awesome it looks! I wonder which new front feet he'll get! The BattleCat paws looked a bit off, seems like he might be getting new ones since they are pieces of glue at the show!

Snake Man-at-Arms was an 'OK' figure to me when he was first revealed last year. I liked the new color scheme a lot and would use the v1 mustache head on him and would have been happy with it. A 200X MAA is great, but this attempt looks poor to me. I don't like the parts combination which were used. Maybe it'll grow on me. I have to open him anyway to get the Mini-Comic which is definably the greatest part of this figure.

Thunderpunch He-Man has the chrome on his chest harness and shield! Awesome!

Slushhead is yet another amazing New Adventures figure. I love these guys and can't wait to see all of them into MOTUC!

Stinkor looks great, I'm glad he comes with the pistol as well as the shield.

Kobra Khan awesome 4H job! He looks great!

Draego Man another awesome 4H job! The best 30th Anni. so far!

Temple of Darkness Sorceress, I first thought how she could look great next to the Green Goddess, but after seeing how the wings attach which severely restricts the display availabilities of the figure, I am not excited about this variant any longer. I prefer Teela as Goddess/Sorceress with the snake armor over this. The only thing I really like about the Temple of Darkness Sorceress is the Orb stand. I really like how the Grayskull symbol (which is also on the back of He-Ro's cape) is sculpted on the orb stand and the bottom translucent part. It is so cool! I will however most likely skip her b/c I don't think the orb stand is worth paying the full figure price for.

4 out of 6 30th Anni. figures revealed so far. Draego Man is still the best! I have a feeling Terry's figure won't be better than Draego Man either, but the Fan winner figure should be the best of all 6 unless Mattel's jury messes up!
    I'm a firm believer we, the fans have incredible imaginative and creative designs!
    I'm sure a new top 6 with only Fan creations would blow this 30th Anni. line-up away.
    IMG_7636.JPG
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There's some important stuff in that video!

• SDCC exclusive will be announced sometime in April.

• Frosta's accessories are her wand and a repaint of She-Ra’s shield. This is where the innovation gets lost. No Ice Sword, Ice Dagger, Ice Shield, Ice Beam, Ice Slide? Sir Laser-Lot gets more accessories than one of the most popular POP characters ever?

• Weapons Pak 3 is coming in August. They are still working out what is going to be in there. It didn't make NYTF because it wasn't ready yet.

• September Variant to be revealed in a month or two.

• Arm Cannon is NOT coming with Snake MAA. That figure is to be revealed at a later date. It is a teaser. We've been taken for the ass again!

• Temple of Darkness Sorceress will have Teela Boots instead of Sorceress Boots--they can’t swap. Mattel put them up in front of TOD Sorceress because there was no time to make the change.

• TOD Sorceress won't be available until June. If there are any International MOTU Conventions, please contact TG so that those overseas conventions can get some shipments of TOD Sorceress.

• Wind Raider is coming back during Comic Con 2012. If they do well, we might see another vehicle in 2013.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I wish they would just put Frosta's shield (something she originally didn't come with in the 80's) in the next Weapons Pak. It's a total repaint! Give her a new weapon like an ice blast, ice sword or give us her snowflake wand! I mean...come on, we got an all new Horde Net with Leech and the key + chained holder with Scare Glow. Give Frosta something awesome and special!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • TOD Sorceress won't be available until June. If there are any International MOTU Conventions, please contact TG so that those overseas conventions can get some shipments of TOD Sorceress.
    I contacted Toyguru a month or so ago asking if he could include TOD to Oz Comic-Con. Hopefully this will be the case now

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • Arm Cannon is NOT coming with Snake MAA. That figure is to be revealed at a later date. It is a teaser. We've been taken for the ass again!
    I'm callin it right now, it's gonna come with Dekker! That's my guess and I'm stickin to it
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I am soooo happy to hear this, I know she will turn out well now (especially with the feedback). Emiliano's drawing is great (of course), the only thing I don't like is that collar. Love the toy gauntlets though.
    yes me too, thank goodness frosta is being fixed up. I really want a good looking frosta. Anything is better than the one we got NY toy fair. that one is so odd looking. At least now I have hope for the rest of the rebellion as well. Frosta almost made me quit collecting this entire line, with the new non classics feel of that figure.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I will be REALLY excited if we get Dekker. He looked AWESOME in MYP. I was sad he didn't get used more though. Even though I did love Dekker, it made me sad they basically erased his trainer/mentor from Filmation. :S
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Except the fact that once again they already...bent the truth by telling a certain person in charge here before toyfair they hadn't even worked on Frosta. I proved my point- 3 out of the 4 things I spoiled way ahead of time happened and it's the last time I'm ever going to share info. If you and the 4 other same people who originally called bs before it was proved right want to continue to throw insults please do so in private messages not on the board.

Oh yeah also:

http://img4.memecenter.com/uploaded/...2ed96967c9.gif
    I don't know the context of this information but I am sure they have signed a NDA so revealing they were working on Frosta before NYTF would have breached that agreement

Ice Shield

What about the She-Ra shield cast in ice (translucent light-blue plastic) for Frosta?
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzie View Post
    What about the She-Ra shield cast in ice (translucent light-blue plastic) for Frosta?
    Cool idea!! I'm all for translucent plastic being used on occasion and this would be a great example!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    I'm callin it right now, it's gonna come with Dekker! That's my guess and I'm stickin to it
    Bah beat me to it!! Or it will come with Clamp Champ who we know succeeds MAA after his Snake transformation...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I wish they would just put Frosta's shield (something she originally didn't come with in the 80's) in the next Weapons Pak. It's a total repaint! Give her a new weapon like an ice blast, ice sword or give us her snowflake wand! I mean...come on, we got an all new Horde Net with Leech and the key + chained holder with Scare Glow. Give Frosta something awesome and special!
    Since she didn't come with a shield in the 80s, then I'm with you on this. Frosta need another weapon more then she needs a shield. Some type of ice blast or icicle sword make of a clear plastic with a white over spray. What I don't want is an comb ice pick.

I really don't think I'll be using that staff, it's just to big not to mention that it looks like a cheap pinwheel from the Dollar Store.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    my thoughts exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by reboot View Post
    okay, my first reaction to frosta... What the hell happened to her face?

http://drh.img.digitalriver.com/drhm...012nytf/54.jpg

they got the costume/colour design mostly right (belt's too big), but that headsculpt/paint... Oh dear lordy no.

no botox frosta!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by onthoofder; February 14, 2012 at 04:38am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Benzie View Post
    TG said Frosta is comming with She-Ra's sheild just in frosta's colors

Heroic Warrior
    1. I like Sir Lazer Lot. Very 80's style and name. Yes his name is lame but I agree with certain posters that basically that is a MOTU trademark. I also agree he could use a little touchup to break up the solid blue. The silver touches someone did in photoshop looks really nice.
    2. Snake-men two pack looks awesome. I love snakemen. I'll probably buy a to more than I should, depends how interchangeable the armor is.
    3. Frosta looks good I think and of course i am sure they will adjust the eyes. The face though seems to fit her personality though I have only seen one episode with her.
    4. SMAA - looks better, they're trying to get us the 200x version even though that style is "retired". I am puzzled why the gun doesn't come with him though.
    5. The Keldor swords look nice except for the double handle. I never cared much for them but glad for those who do.
    6. Spikor looks cool.
    I am not surprised bout no Hordak Troopers or Ram-Man. They are saving them for next year to help boost sales again. TG already said Ram-man is coming out next year, I am sure the Hordak Troopers will be next years 2-pack. I will guess Mekaneck for 2014. I would not be surprised if Ram-man was the exclusive figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru spoke of detachable hands for Spikor...

So he can't hold the trident in his left hand, it is one of his left hands...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

I'd assume they are going more mini-comic influence than toy influence in this case.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

Hopefully they´ll make it, that he can!
    Last edited by JimPansen; February 14, 2012 at 11:50am.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Also more spikes on Spikor.... we have the technology! LOL

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Footage of the Panel and Q&A. Sorry for the shakyness at times. I was filming and tweeting at the same time...heh

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

hay Dan hows it feel to have a fig with your name on it?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Spikor - Looks pretty good to me. I didn't expect anymore or any less with this character. Good job Four Horsemen.

Frosta - She looks VERY animated. It is a departure from what we're used to as most of the figures have a more, "realistic" face sculpt. She does have those big full lips though....
    Hey Matty, let the Horsemen sculpt a He-Man head that's got an animated look & let us fans see how it looks.

Sir Laser Lot - I don't think he looks bad. I won't be getting him or probably any others from this so called "30th Anniversary Line" but if I could afford it, I would pick him up. He has an 80's feel to him & would look cool going up against Draego-Man. Knight vs. Dragon.

Snake Men 2-Pack - These snake guys look wicked. If I pick 'em up & get doubles, I'll be painting one set to differentiate them.

Keldor Swords - I'm diggin' these swords. See Matty? Was that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    they are all on Mattycollector... and triangle Man is the lamest thing I have ever seen!!! Are you serious? Triangle Man? Lets really get some talent from the 4H, hmmm what would be cool for them to sculpt? Oh I know... how about blue armor with a red triangle? Great!!!!!
    Are you kidding?! Triangle Man ALWAYS wins though! Just check out these lyrics... (See how many people remember THIS song)

"Triangle man, Triangle man,
    Triangle man hates Particle man,
    They have a fight,
    Triangle wins,
    Triangle man.

Triangle man, Triangle man,
    Triangle man hates Person man,
    They have a fight,
    Triangle wins,
    Triangle man." They Might Be Giants
    Last edited by Power Sword; February 14, 2012 at 10:35pm.
    I want my other half.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don't know the context of this information but I am sure they have signed a NDA so revealing they were working on Frosta before NYTF would have breached that agreement
    \

Yes but that wouldn't give people the ability to try and save face after they went all mob mentality- so they make excuses That's why I said I'm not angry at Eric whatsoever- that's his job to keep things underwraps so I totally understand- Scott's behavior on the other hand came off as petty and childish.