Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

anyone have a closer pic of the second mini comic on that table? i looked thru this thread quickly and did not see any.. thanks
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Amen....now lets move on!

The walkthrugh was superb...I personally now cant wait for Spector and SMAA! whodathunkit!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Amen....now lets move on!

The walkthrugh was superb...I personally now cant wait for Spector and SMAA! whodathunkit!

ka
    I agree with you Ka both great figures.
    I loved the walkthrough and Pixel Dan loved that Kahns snake buddy was called pixel by Scott lol. Did you see how dan puffed up? hehe
    Last edited by mjw41; February 15, 2012 at 07:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, it seens young Malcom is in DC collection !

http://thefwoosh.com/v/Events/Toy+Fa...04425.JPG.html

I really can't understand all the secrecy surrounding this line where I collect Japanese toys and models and they'll show unpainted prototypes well in advance. One Gundam model that's due next month just finally showed a colour pic of it with it's gold plating a few days back. Maybe chalk it up to ego.

I do enjoy spoilers and knowing what's coming and have enjoyed all the hints that people give.

When they say no work has begun on Clamp Champ, how much work really has to be done honestly??? We've had most of the parts for a while now. I mean what needs to be done? Head? Clamp??? New back armour piece????

TG and the Horsemen do have to protect their unrevealed properties, even at the cost of losing face. I think it was before SDCC, there was a question about Stinkor and TG gave his standard if and when answer and guess who was revealed the next day. I work on tv shows and movies and sometimes I can't talk about doing them at all. I taped a segment for TLC last year for their Pawn Stars knock off show called Pawn Queens. They were more secretive than working on The Dark Knight. They wouldn't even tell me what the show was til I signed the form, then they gave me an item an we improved a whole transaction. I found out reality tv isn't so real and we shot 3 different endings. I put up on my facebook about taping a segment for a show and within an hour, one of the producers called and yelled at me about it which was kind of shocking.

But didn't TG say they just dropped off the paint master that morning???
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    anyone have a closer pic of the second mini comic on that table? i looked thru this thread quickly and did not see any.. thanks
    I have a pic in my camera...I'll look for it.

It looked like TG glued it down completely to the table so no one could look at it. There must have been some character reveals or something juicy in there for him to do that.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    It looked like TG glued it down completely to the table so no one could look at it. There must have been some character reveals or something juicy in there for him to do that.
    The official mini comic debut of The Mighty Spector

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    In case you guys need another look, here's my video footage of the MOTUC display at Toy Fair!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    In case you guys need another look, here's my video footage of the MOTUC display at Toy Fair!

So Dan hows does it feel now that Kobra Kahns little buddy is now Pixel?

Thanks Dan. The more footage I see of Spikor the happier I get

Dan, thanks again for the videos. I really enjoy them. I like how in this one you zoomed in on SMAA's shoulder just to make sure it wasn't the plagued by Roboto's reverse shoulders.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hey, I just noticed that those Snake-Men heads are completely different from each other. I thought it was just the same heads but one with a mouth open, one with a mouth closed. So instead of two different types there are actually 4 different types. That is cool.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Hey, I just noticed that those Snake-Men heads are completely different from each other. I thought it was just the same heads but one with a mouth open, one with a mouth closed. So instead of two different types there are actually 4 different types. That is cool.
    indeed
    i will paint one pair in green and brown to have 4 and i will exchange the body armors maybe doing a little difference

With the last video im looking less ugly to spikor and im kinda liking him..... i do have a question does he can close the arms closer to the body or the spikes dont allow him?
    Last edited by dark knight; February 17, 2012 at 06:03am.
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

One thing that always got me about Spikor on the cartoon was how ridiculously stupid they made him out to be. Seriously he was one step above a mushroom. Personally, I hope they don't use that for his bio. The more I look at the face the more I like the look. He has a pouchy frowning face which, if I were covered in spikes I would probably look like that too.

Still not liking Sir Lazer-Surgery. He does look Filmationy - but like some background B character. After seeing this design, I feel it will be a crime if the one I submitted to the create a character contest doesn't win LOL!

Heroic Warrior
    I found Loo-Kee at about the 4 minute mark in that video.
    ne jabba no badda!

I really can't understand all the secrecy surrounding this line where I collect Japanese toys and models and they'll show unpainted prototypes well in advance. One Gundam model that's due next month just finally showed a colour pic of it with it's gold plating a few days back. Maybe chalk it up to ego.
    It's all about marketing and it's not just MOTUC or Mattel. All toy companies (Mattel, Hasbro, Bandai, LEGO, etc.) have a specific timeline and specific events for revealing products. There are plenty of reasons companies don't want to show products too early in the design process because they may not be final, may not be approved by the licensor, may get delayed or even never released. Scott even said that they got Frosta sculpted just before NY Toy Fair. They really wouldn't have been able to reveal her until then anyways.

I do enjoy spoilers and knowing what's coming and have enjoyed all the hints that people give.
    I think a lot of us do, but there are also a lot of people who would rather be surprised by the reveals. And if we knew all the figures that were coming out in the next year there would be a large gap between new announcements and the buzz for the line would slowly die down without much to stoke the fires. It makes much more sense to have a steady flow of new information about the line with the big reveals spread throughout the year at major fan events (NY Toy Fair, SDCC, Power-Con, NYCC, etc.).

When they say no work has begun on Clamp Champ, how much work really has to be done honestly??? We've had most of the parts for a while now. I mean what needs to be done? Head? Clamp??? New back armour piece????
    Yes, all of those new parts need to be sculpted. Certainly we have a good idea of what Clamp Champ is going to look like in the Classics line, but just because a character requires only a few new parts doesn't mean he's coming soon. He may not be slotted into the lineup until 2013 or 2014. If the Four Horsemen just finished Frosta and will be revisiting her paint job, I highly doubt they've gotten very far on sculpting the remaining 2012 figures (Sept - Dec). Just be patient
    Last edited by Zodach; February 17, 2012 at 01:05pm.

I hope, they will bring that new back armor piece in a future weapons pack with Fisto colors. Really don't like this big ugly sword holder.
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Thanks Dan. The more footage I see of Spikor the happier I get
    Same here, absolute perfection
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Phil View Post
    I hope, they will bring that new back armor piece in a future weapons pack with Fisto colors. Really don't like this big ugly sword holder.
    I'd rather they give CC a plain Fisto-style back piece without the sheath, but with an attachable 200x backpack with the little hoses attached that you can clip onto his legs and weapons (assuming they give him a mini clamp too). Removable of course for those that don't want it. Also, a cover that clips onto the big clamp to give it the 200x look as well as two heads, much like Fisto and a removable 200x belt!

They have no excuse cuz he's really a figure that requires VERY minimal tooling in the first place. So I say load him up with accessories!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... :P
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Phil View Post
    Samer here, I want him totally vintage without the sword holder!

I've just added our gallery of more photos, including close-up and rear figure shots.
    Check 'em out!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I've just added our gallery of more photos, including close-up and rear figure shots.
    Check 'em out!
    Frosta cracks me up every single time! I was just thinking that those eyebrows and the heavy liner would be perfect on Double Trouble's evil face.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    It's all about marketing and it's not just MOTUC or Mattel. All toy companies (Mattel, Hasbro, Bandai, LEGO, etc.) have a specific timeline and specific events for revealing products. There are plenty of reasons companies don't want to show products too early in the design process because they may not be final, may not be approved by the licensor, may get delayed or even never released. Scott even said that they got Frosta sculpted just before NY Toy Fair. They really wouldn't have been able to reveal her until then anyways.

I think a lot of us do, but there are also a lot of people who would rather be surprised by the reveals. And if we knew all the figures that were coming out in the next year there would be a large gap between new announcements and the buzz for the line would slowly die down without much to stoke the fires. It makes much more sense to have a steady flow of new information about the line with the big reveals spread throughout the year at major fan events (NY Toy Fair, SDCC, Power-Con, NYCC, etc.).

Yes, all of those new parts need to be sculpted. Certainly we have a good idea of what Clamp Champ is going to look like in the Classics line, but just because a character requires only a few new parts doesn't mean he's coming soon. He may not be slotted into the lineup until 2013 or 2014. If the Four Horsemen just finished Frosta and will be revisiting her paint job, I highly doubt they've gotten very far on sculpting the remaining 2012 figures (Sept - Dec). Just be patient
    They finished the paint master before Toyfair- the final sculpt has been done for months besides minor tweaks. (or so rumors tell us).

MTV Geek Interview/Walkthrough with Cornboy:

So the Snake Men are going to work "with some of the future Snake Men we have in store", eh?