Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Oh crap...

Last edited by Reboot; February 12, 2012 at 04:02pm.

pretty poor reveals for me. the 2 snake guys look okay but i would've much preferred horde troopers or some other actual real characters. spikor looks pretty good but his head looks too big. don't care about frosta and sir laser lame looks horrible.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Holy crap that blue knight thing is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's even worse than TMS. Sorry to anyone who got the 30th sub; it looks like a complete wash to me. Yay Spikor though! Frosta looks pretty haggard. Love the 200X swords and the sculpts on the Snake Men.
    It is truly awful! That may even push Icarius from my worst character slot. Thank goodness the Snake Men look so good. Spikor looks pretty good.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Um I like Sir Laser-Lot

Spikor looks great, really good to finally see him coming
    Snake men 2 pack is a total win for me
    Frosts is good - but her face is too animated - too much makeup!

Frosta and Spikor look great.

Sir Laser Lot? oh boy...

Snake Men 2-pack (MYP Based) are GREAT!!!

I think sir lazer lot looks pretty sweet. he looks like a character that would appear in an episode of the original cartoon. super excited about spikor.
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    I see once agian the POP ladies are given enormous hair to limit their head movement. Thanks a lot. Frosta's wand is was too big, it's 200X size.

Those snake men army builders need to come with some extra armors in order to make them different enough to justify multiple purchases. Spikor looks gaunt.

Also, why does TOD Sorceress come with extra boots?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Okay, my first reaction to Frosta... what the hell happened to her face?

They got the costume/colour design mostly right (Belt's too big), but that headsculpt/paint... oh dear lordy no.

Snake Army builders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horde Troopers.

They look very cool and will likely be my only purchase this summer.

LOVE all 3 snakemen but the rest? ew

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

they are all on Mattycollector... and triangle Man is the lamest thing I have ever seen!!! Are you serious? Triangle Man? Lets really get some talent from the 4H, hmmm what would be cool for them to sculpt? Oh I know... how about blue armor with a red triangle? Great!!!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

This is the first reveal that has left me completely underwhelmed. I like Spikor and the army builders, but nothing else is exciting me. I think Frosta's head sculpt is way off. She looks like a caricature and has way too much eyeliner. Definitely a trashy ***** look going on there...not a good thing.
    Last edited by Slayor; February 12, 2012 at 03:28pm.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Where's the pics...

Frosta looks hideous.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

who's the 95% new sculpt? they all look like they have a lot of reused parts.
    bnl4life

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Well, the Knight is getting bad press... Good! That shows that people genuinely don't like Mighty Spector, not just because it's Toysguru's character... I am so not into that anniversary series. They should be classic characters. I understand the cool factor of having new characters but so far, except Draegon man, they're so bland.

Frosta's face looks GREAT. She looks as if she was sculpted by someone else. It's nice. Not that I don't like the 4 horsemen's faces, but they all look very similar and suddenly Frosta looks really... out there. Different. A tad realistic. And I like variety in the line.

It's nice to finally have one of the Rebellion gals as a lot of POP fans will relax (including myself) as it seems that Mattel is listening!

The Snake men look nice. Nothing to rave about but it adds two figures to King Hiss's small army! (er, he only has Kobra Khan so far, I mean when KK gets released).

Spikor is horrible to me. The face reminds me of Clawful. Too 1980's. Not enough details. He looks (to me) more like an Outer Space man than a MOTU classic.

What's with the sorceress's boots ? Does she come with an extra pair for those cold winters? :-)

I wonder if Frosta is getting a second accessory... An ice sledge or something fun?

I have to say the Thunder Punch He-man is looking REALLY GOOD. Is that a new face sculpt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

SPIKOR!!!! WOOOOOHOOO!
    A pity he doesn't have the more rounded head like the vintage toy though... looks like they took more Filmation/Mimi Comic influences.

Sir Laser Lot... bland... just bland.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Frosta eyes are too big, but they have time to change it.

Yea... not sure what happened here... really not the standard we are used to seeing!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

would have deeply preferred Horde Trooper, Ram Man but not happening this year, anyone from the horde, Cooler 30th ann.
    But Spikor looks cool. The rest look good but will probably not stick around. Unless the 2013 sub exclusive is magically awesome 2012 will be my last sub. I am fine being a new born Cherry Pi-Kor
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Are the Four Horsemen still sculpting these? What happened to Spikor and Frosta's faces?! It's a weird set of con reveals when the Snakemen two-pack are the things that look the best to me (and I hate the Snakemen!). Snake MAA looks godawful now with those Roboto parts, Frosta's face- I've seen fan customs that make her look amazing- and this official one looks hideous! And Spikor's head looks like a really poor fan custom. I can't say much about Sir Laser Lot... except he's better than Spector and I actually like the name. The figure itself looks really cobbled together on the cheap. Hopefully the final products will look better than these prototypes do.

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    who's the 95% new sculpt? they all look like they have a lot of reused parts.
    One of the snake men is all new... looks really good!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    This is the first reveal that has left me completely underwhelmed. I like Spikor and the army builders, but nothing else is exciting me. I think Frosta's head sculpt is way off. She looks angry and has way too much eyeliner. Definitely a trashy ***** look going on there...not a good thing.
    I REALLY REALLY like her face sculpt. I totally get what you're saying though. She looks really different from the other females, but I like it a lot. I could see people either hating it or loving it. She-ra, the Sorceress and the Star sisters all have very similar faces. This one really stands out and I love that. She looks a little... tartish... but I kinda like that given how she behaved in the cartoon hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Aside from me not buying the line out of budget($20 figures just isn't happening anymore) I do like Thunder Punch He-Man and Stinkor. It's taken this long to make Stinkor?

Sir Laser Lot even has the worst NAME in the history of MOTU. And that's saying a LOT. (See what I did there?)

Oh boy this 30th sub is looking really bad. That triangle knight guy is pretty silly looking.

What is that gun is that maa's gun.

And where is that keldor sword going to....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone