Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Frosta eyes are too big, but they have time to change it.
    See, I LOVE her big eyes and big lips. Makes her look different and commanding and a little... femme fatale
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Just noticed SMAA has Trapjaw upper legs now.

Spikor- I don't care for (one of those characters that would have been cool revamped, the vintage is just goofy and a bit plain)
    Frosta- the face and hair are just weird. As much as i was hoping to collect POP, so far I have not liked any of the ladies.
    Sir Laser Lot- Better than Deadpool, I mean Might Spector- but the head is weird Cobra Trooper.
    Snakemen two-pack- is a a surprise. I wasn't look forward to an army builder of these guys, but they look good. One thing to buy for me.

Any idea who is getting packed with the Keldor swords?

I love that Snake Men 2-pack, can't wait to start building King Hiss's army.

Spikor is perfect.

Snake Man-At-Arms is a dud. I really dislike the use of Roboto/Man-E-Faces parts. At least he'll come with the 200X gun (I hope).

Frosta is good, and more or less what I was expecting. Her eyes are poorly painted though, making them seem a bit too large.

Sir Laser Lot is pretty cool, and reminds me of some of the characters Filmation often designed. Not bad.

And finally, we're getting the Keldor swords. Cool.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; February 12, 2012 at 10:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Woo, I like these. They are all pretty good. Clearly Frosta was rushed in time to be a reveal. She won't look like that in the final product. Snake MAA is shaping up to be a great variant if you ask me. The new guy is pretty funny. I like him!

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Frosta looks hand painted so her face is just a prototype.

I like the Sir Laser Night, who destined him? Very Filmation like.

I would love more of these Snake Men in other colors hint hint.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Spikor's head looks awful much like Clawful. Too cartoon like, not menacing enough.

Frosta's face looks off too, not sure what the deal is.

The 30th character lancalot or whatever it is just horrible. I like Spector much more than this new reveal.

The snakemen are pretty awesome, people disagree but whenever we get anything with some slight 200X influence it just looks better.

The double bladed swords are cool.

Just out of curiosity, where is the 95% new figure?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Spikor looks good but I'm not as blown away by him as I was expecting to be. Wish he had come with the hammer arm attachment as well. Still really glad we got him though.
    Snake MAA looks even worse with the Trap Jaw legs, change him back please! But is that his arm cannon
    Sir Lazer Lot, I'm sorry to say looks terrible, as bad as Spector IMO.
    Snake Men two pack looks awsome, best of the reveals.
    Frosta also looks great but I think the head piece of her staff way to big. What's her second accessory?
    Skeletor's 200x sword, top half looks great, the hilts look terrible, they should have been half hilts in the center that clip together to form one, like the vintage power sword. So who is this coming with, Spikor?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

What's going on with frosta and spikor? They do seem to be a bad custom figure. They look nothing like the classics we normally get. I'm really disappointed in these. They were some of my most wanted figures. Is someone new taking over the sculpting? If this is the direction of the line I might have to quit this line. To me these new sculpts don't feel like classics but more of a new motu line. Frostas face looks more like a bratz doll. The eyes and lips are too big. Please Mattel let the four horseman redo the faces. I'm very disappointed in the new sculpts.
    Last edited by mac&cheesier; February 12, 2012 at 03:37pm.

oh I really didn't see a close picture of them yet.
    bnl4life

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Sir Laser Lot even has the worst NAME in the history of MOTU. And that's saying a LOT. (See what I did there?)
    I'm not sure Sir Laser Lot is any worse than Clamp Champ or Ninjor! :-)
    I don't like him anyway.
    Another waste of a slot where we could have gotten a Filmation He-man or a deluxe anniversary one!

I'm trying to think of how I would have judged him as a kid. The action features were totally driving my taste. Mighty Spector nor Laser Lot would have included a cool action feature. (I guess Laser Lot would have had a light up button). Even if MOTUC doesn't recreate action features, it's nice when figures have something inspiring
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

That one Snake Man looks like a Rattlor re-use...
    Frosta's head and hair is looking really odd to me. Is she a 4H sculpt or that other 5th/6th horsemen guy??

Does Spikor's Trident plug in or does he hold it?? I hope its an optional plug in...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    One positive thing to say about Sir lazer-lot, is that with a lot of red paint he could easily be transformed into the Red Knight from She Ra. I don't mind his sculpt at all, but the name "Sir Lazer-lot" is a little on the lame side for me. Love the Spikor head! I've never really been a big fan of the character, but I really like that way they made his head more animalistic. Frosta is also a very good reveal for me; her face sculpt kind of surprised me, as I always envisioned her with less pronounced cheeks, as well as narrower eyes, but I got over it pretty fast. And Snake Men two-pack is just sheer awesomeness! They look fantastic! So much energy in their facial sculpts, and excellent use of color.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

I have been waiting for Frosta for a long time, she was my top most wanted next to Shadow Weaver/Scorpia...but I am not liking the face. I think it might be ok if they tone down the make-up (so much eyeliner). I was hoping they would model the wand after the style guide "snowflake" version, and why is it so freaking big!? Would it kill them to tool a spellcasting/ice blasting hand for the heroic ladies? I was really hoping Frosta wouldn't have two weapon hands.

The Snake Men soldiers are by far the coolest looking of the reveals, Spikor is underwhelming as well. I hate being so negative, but the Frosta thing really has me bummed out.

Interesting to see the 200x MAA arm cannon. Does that mean Snake MAA will come with it, or will it be included with another figure?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Yea I'm wondering what the deal with the trident as well.....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Frosta has always been my favorite of the POP gals so I have been looking forward to her figure. I love the hair, but her face seems a little off. Its almost a little too plump in the lips and cheeks.
    The Snake Men are awesome.
    Spikor is cool.
    The blue knight guy does nothing for me.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

So does anyone know the answers to most of the questions that were asked here....
    Sorcoress boots?
    Maas gun?
    Spilled trident weapon?
    Keldors swords?

What's up with these things?

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Frosta's face is hideous. Looks like she's had some lip injections or it's really Joan Rivers with blue hair.

I'm pretty satisfied with everything else. Snake Men army pack looks awesome! Spikor isn't bad, and it's about time he gets a figure.

I'm waiting for someone to make a Sir-Laser-Lot video with Sir Mixalot's one hit wonder.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Where are you guys seeing MAA's arm cannon?

Well...no Horde Troopers...I guess I'm done...for now that is

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Scroll down a bit...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...0004f666h999m2
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I like the changes to Snake MMA. Its an improvement over a straight up repaint and the addition of the arm cannon does it for me.

Frosta looks pretty good. The face almost looks like Angelina Jolie. First Val Kilmer as Icarius now Angelina Jolie as Frosta... what what character Brad Pitt will be.

Sir Laser Lot looks like custom fodder to me. At least now I know what to use as a base for a MOTUC inspired superman figure. But he does make the Mighty Spector look better.

Spikor's a little too filmation for me, but a great addition to the line. I'm assuming the 200x skeletor swords are coming with him. They look good except for the handles, wished they joined or came to together when the 2 halfs come together to flow better.

Eventhough I'm not a big fan of the snake-men, the 2 pack really steals the reveals at NYTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...0004f666h999m2

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-moutc

The new improved Griffin looks better.

Temple of Darkness Sorceress®: Available at NYCC, Power Con and on Mattycollector.com in late 2012
    Fisto™: Available 2/15 only at MattyCollector.com
    Shadow Weaver™: Available 2/15 only to subscribers of 2012 Club Eternia®
    Kobra Kahn™: Available 3/15 at MattyCollector.com
    Thunder Punch™ He-Man®: Available 4/16 at MattyCollector.com, includes Issue 1 of the all-new 30th Anniversary mini-comic!
    Stinkor®: Available 5/15 at MattyCollector.com
    Snake Mountain™ Stands: Available 5/15 at MattyCollector.com
    Slush Head™: Available 5/15 at MattyCollector.com
    Griffin: Available 6/15 at MattyCollector.com (note revised avail date)
    Horde Prime: Available 6/15 at MattyCollector.com
    Snake Man-at-Arms®: Available 6/15 at MattyCollector.com, includes Issue 2 of the all-new 30th Anniversary mini-comic!
    Spikor™: Available 7/16 at MattyCollector.com
    Snake Men™ 2-Pack: Available 7/16 at MattyCollector.com
    Frosta™: Available 9/15 at MattyCollector.com (NOTE: Frosta is running late so there will be no August 2012 Club Eternia® “basic” figure. Instead, much like February, there will be two figures in September. The second September figure will be revealed at a later date.
    No monthly figure in August! Just the laser guy. Ouch...

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Spikor!!! That took me totally by surprise! I think he looks great! I always liked the vintage figure So not counting the 1987 movie figures, Two Bad is the last of Skeletor's crew that I need (I could care less about Jitsu and Ninjor). I was not expecting to see him, very awesome!

Frosta looks great! While I would have loved Glimmer, I can wait while they sort out the pelvis part issue (hoping they do). I think her face looks great.

Snakeman 2 pack? That's pretty freaking sweet! Now don't get me wrong, I would have rather have the Horde Trooper 2 pack, but that looks like something for next year I suppose. But the Snakemen definatly could use some additions to the ranks. It would have been nice if one of them was a different color though. Orange and yellow are pretty similar. maybe though in the end when with the rest of the Snake men they will look cool. have to get a look at the alternate heads to decide if one set will be enough.

Sir Laser Lot..... ok so yea that figure doesn't do it for me at all. He's terrible, just awful. Thing is, it is not so much the figure design as it is the colors. That blue is TERRIBLE. Just awful. If he had been silver or black or heck even white, it probably would have worked, even with the red. But smurf blue? No no nooooooo. It's a darn shame too, because the 30th anniversary line could have really been great. New characters could have been a really cool thing for MOTU as a whole, but I don't see him or Mighty Spector doing well. They just aren't fantastic toys in my opinion.

Otherwise though, man how very cool!