Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Discussion Thread + MattyCollector Panel Footage + Org Photo Gallery

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Are people going to keep saying that about Frosta? She DOESN'T look like the cartoon...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...D/FrostaVs.jpg
    The pics on Mattycollector and TNI look better than this one . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Spikor is amazing. He looks like one evil hedgehog man! I am totally in love with the sculpt.

Frosta is a massive let down. Yet another MOTU female face sculpt that I just can't enjoy. She looks like the victom of Sly Stallone levels of plastic surgery. Are those Gaga cheek implants?!?!
    I'm really, really let down by her.

Snake Men army builder is a pure win. I'm chomping at the bit for Horde Troopers, but I don;t mind having to wait a little longer if it means getting my hands on these bad boys. Four heads, different bodies, weapons, etc. I am going to want at least six of them to back Hssss and Khan up! Awesomeness!

Sir Laser Lot... no, just no. He looks like a bad custom.

Evil Janitor of Skeletor dr phiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Are people going to keep saying that about Frosta? She DOESN'T look like the cartoon...
    I didn't mean she looked like the cartoon... I think it's more to the facial expression and dark eye liner that makes her look animated looking...
    But after looking at the side-by-side pic, she isn't far off from the cartoon look.
    Feedback thread

Great sellers/traders: Soulfly, Grayskulls Fakor, bigassbuzz, greyskull1, boggs32, Karak Nul, J-Sun, Son of Keldor, aiwaloki, Starshine, Vlcan, joeybones, beastor, stprime

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Best believe that there will be two new Idol Threads now that the champs are both immortalized in plastic!

Spikor and Frosta were dominant for so long, it will be interesting to see who will be the new fan favorites!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Frosta is growing on me.
    Spikor is what I expected especially after Clawful and Buzz Off.
    Snakemen and repainted Griffen look awesome!!
    Lazerlot is cool, he's probably Draego-man's arch enemy.

Heroic Warrior
    Ram-Man and Mekaneck are probably up there MG? Also to anyone that called me a liar...how's that humble pie tasting?

The cover to the second mini-comic looks awesome!

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=800&start=0
    Last edited by JonWes; February 12, 2012 at 04:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Ram-Man and Mekaneck are probably up there MG? Also to anyone that called me a liar...how's that humble pie tasting?
    I thought you said Frosta, Snake Face and Clamp Champ? 1 of 3? Not bad, I guess
    Feedback thread

Great sellers/traders: Soulfly, Grayskulls Fakor, bigassbuzz, greyskull1, boggs32, Karak Nul, J-Sun, Son of Keldor, aiwaloki, Starshine, Vlcan, joeybones, beastor, stprime

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    well you got 1 out of 3

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The cover to the second mini-comic looks awesome!

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2012_...C/IMG_8997.jpg
    Yeah this was a pleasant surprise it looks really well done.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I'm not sure what to think about Frosta. I like everything but the face, though the staff is quite big. There was a note that she's delayed an extra month, so there's plenty of time to clean her up a bit.

I think Frosta would look better with toning the eyeliner down a bit and lighten her hair and skin.

frosta.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    well you got 1 out of 3
    I also detailed John's character in subtle hints, and Frosta I described EXACTLY the look she has including the way they did the boots... as for Snake Face I'm assuming one of the army builders started as him and the other started as Rattlor but they chose to use the sets to pay for both characters at a later time- I'm happy to see people make excuses now though especially Toyguru "I can't tell the truth" Neitlich.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Best believe that there will be two new Idol Threads now that the champs are both immortalized in plastic!

Spikor and Frosta were dominant for so long, it will be interesting to see who will be the new fan favorites!
    I said in the previous thread that the contest is now wide open again. Something tells me that Scorpia will have a good showing but I wonder if there will be any others that make a play for the title

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I think Frosta would look better with toning the eyeliner down a bit and lighten her hair and skin.

frosta.jpg
    Now you are talking!!!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar

frosta.jpg
    That does look quite nice.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

frosta.jpg
    Think the sculpt is fine but the paint apps could use a touch up. Like what you did.

Much much better!
    Feedback thread

Certainly not the same "punch" as previous reveals. But, personally, I do like the reveals. Here's my thoughts:

I was particularly excited by Spikor and Frosta.

I've never been too bothered by Snake Man-At-Arms; it is what it is... a variant.

I LOVE the Snake Men 2-pack and I agree with the comments others have posted about wanting a second set of armor for increased variance. I will say, though, that I don't agree with the comments about a different color variance between the two: We have green with King Hiss and Kobra Khan, red(ish) with Rattlor (long term), purple with Tongue Lashor (long term), light green with Squeeze, different colors with Snake-Face. I think the whole group (once assembled) will look really great together.

The 30th Anniversary characters are shaping up to be a "ok... well... hummm." Maybe I am not too smart but I don't see how/where Sir Laser Lot gets his name. Will be really curious to see how figures 5 and 6 shape up; hopefully they will be cool "bad guys."

I have always loved the Griffin.

All of this said, I think it is pretty sad that we are all guessing about who the 95% new tooled character might be ... I think it should be a bit more obvious. I know people have been excited about eventually getting Frosta and Spikor but I thought we'd see Ram Man, Mekaneck, or Mantenna. (Certainly was not expecting to see all three, or even two of them, but thought we'd see at least one. Maybe the "late" August figure is one of those three?) Certainly looking forward to SDCC to see what the exclusive(s) is/are and to see what we are getting for the pushed back August figure, and for October, November, and December). I will also say that I am really surprised that Shadow Weaver was "put together so quickly at the last minute" but then someone like Icer, Batros, or even Jitsu wasn't added due to minimal new tooling. Odd.

Are we to assume that the "two of the most requested figures will be revealed" are Frosta and Spikor or the Snake Men 2-pack?
    Say cheese!!!

TOTALLY surprised by Spikor!! I'd heard he wasn't coming until next year as a lure . I'm glad he's coming.

Interesting that the top two Org-most wanted were made!!

I like Sir Laserlot. Call me a five year old boy.

His head looks like 200X Roboto...

Frosta's face was probably just done quickly. I bet her face will look more style-guide accurate later. Maybe they can consult a make-up artist. That's not a joke.

The Snake Warrior pack is also a nice surprise!!

I like that there were surprises!!! I haven't been surprised in a while, so whatever they did to throw off leaks, BRAVO
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm so glad the Star Sisters have nice looking face sculpts.
    It is nice the Star Sisters have gorgeous faces.

Now that I'm over being devastated by the initial shock that was Frosta's face...I think it actually might look a LOT nicer once it's been repainted (hopefully a lot nicer). Still...that wouldn't fix her lips/teeth. They're sculpted that way.

I like Frosta's top a lot. Her skirt is a very nice hybrid/compromise between toy detail and Filmation design. Her gloves are disappointing. I wish they were like the toy. I wish her cape's collar was like the Licensing Kit image and I think her hair and cape would look better coloured like the Licensing Kit image too.

EDIT: Steph, that looks a LOT better.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

frosta.jpg
    better but still off

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    TOTALLY surprised by Spikor!! I'd heard he wasn't coming until next year as a lure . I'm glad he's coming.

Interesting that the top two Org-most wanted were made!!

I like Sir Laserlot. Call me a five year old boy.

His head looks like 200X Roboto...

Frosta's face was probably just done quickly. I bet her face will look more style-guide accurate later. Maybe they can consult a make-up artist. That's not a joke.

The Snake Warrior pack is also a nice surprise!!

I like that there were surprises!!! I haven't been surprised in a while, so whatever they did to throw off leaks, BRAVO
    5 year old boy :-p
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; February 12, 2012 at 04:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Sir Laser-Lot looks like a dollar-store knockoff of Crystar. Aside from the Star Sisters, he's the only one in the sub I'm gonna regret getting. Actually worse, since at least my girlfriend enjoys the girlier figures. Though I'm happy with Frosta.

Spikor may grow on me - a little disappointed with the alternate arm. A straight-up weapon arm with vac-metal on the trident and maybe a flame effect like he had in the mini-comic would have been better.

Snake MAA at least looks more different from original MAA now.

Snake Men are good. I don't know why Matty keeps putting off the one army builder pack everybody wants, but at least they've given us good ones along the way.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm still uncertain how I feel about Sir Laserlot. He really makes me think of Roboto in "Knight Mode." I hope he brings the droves and droves of new MOTUC collectors Mattel is expecting him to bring. At the very least, MOTUC might get some free advertisement because the media *might* pick up the story that Geoff Johns has a MOTUC figure coming out. They might...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I do like the manip to Frosta's hair color. The current color didn't bother me but this seems more on-model.

About the face paint, I mentioned this in the Frosta thread but I'll say it again:

We don't view our figures insanely close. What may seem exaggerated in a pic on the net where the face is HUGE may look much better in person. I can't say for sure until I see it in person, but I'm not too worried. To be honest I'd be more worried if they made her look too bland and generic than if she's a bit OTT .