HE-MAN

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL
    I HAVE THE POWER

SHE-RA

FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL
    I AM SHE-RA

One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Such is the high cost of drug use. Her life almost mimics that of pro wrestlers whose lives end prematurely due to the same lifestyle.

It is such a waste. Hopefully her legacy is that of her music and contributions and not that of her downfall

Wowwwww, sad times.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Damn! That's terrible, but not totally unexpected due to her drug use and Bobby Brown.
    I loved the "I'm Your Baby Tonight" album.

R.I.P., Whitney. You're in a better place now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Sad news. Our pop icons are falling off. R.I.P
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Wow! another one I guess two more are going to follow...

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Wow! another one I guess two more are going to follow...
    Always the way that happens. Whose next? Read about it on my Tumblr dashboard.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

So odd. I was listening to one of her earlier albums last night. Such a gift and such a waste. I pray for her surviving family.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    So odd. I was listening to one of her earlier albums last night. Such a gift and such a waste. I pray for her surviving family.
    geez. I just read a headline on friday questioning if she was suicidal, I wonder if that came to pass. Wasted talent for sure.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    geez. I just read a headline on friday questioning if she was suicidal, I wonder if that came to pass. Wasted talent for sure.
    There was a great deal of speculation about her health and mental state on Access Hollywood last night.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Damn! That's terrible, but not totally unexpected due to her drug use and Bobby Brown.

I agree with you.
    R.I.P.

This is so sad... My favorite Whitney Houston song was her duet with Deborah Cox, "Same Script, Different Cast".

the drugs paid a toll on her. I remember when she tried to sing a year or two ago and it was a struggle. I feel sorry for her daughter.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I saw the headline after signing out of my e-mail. It shocked me. Two legendary singers have just recently passed away: Etta James and Whitney Houston. They say these things come in threes. I hope Aretha Franklin isn't next. She couldn't make it to the Grammy's last year because she was diagnosed with, and got treatment for, pancreatic cancer. I hope this doesn't turn into a situation of 3.

R.I.P. Whitney.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Am I the only one who finds the wording "Singer Whitney Houston dies" odd? It makes it sound like she was only semi-successful, that a lot of people wouldn't know who exactly "Whitney Houston" was.

Most of her '80s hits are among my favorite '80s songs. Man, what a voice she had...such a shame how it's ended...
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the wording "Singer Whitney Houston dies" odd? It makes it sound like she was only semi-successful, that a lot of people wouldn't know who exactly "Whitney Houston" was.

Most of her '80s hits are among my favorite '80s songs. Man, what a voice she had...such a shame how it's ended...
    I guess, she's the only whitney houston I know of. I didn't think much about the phrasing, but for our generation at least she was an icon.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

One moment in Time, Greatest Loves of all, I Will Always Love You. No one will mess the Queen of Pop, no one will touch her and everyone will miss her. =( Rest in Peace Her royal Highness!
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

What a shame... Such a talent with an awesome voice just like her Godmother. Mainly enjoyed her music from the 80's the most.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

It's hard to say if Bobby Brown's influence drove her to drug use, but I'm certain she probably would've been better off not meeting him in the first place since I could've seen this coming A mile away. Anyway, I'll end my post with this simple life lesson for Whitney.

DeVon Franklin was involved in Whitney's final movie, Sparkle:

The film, in which she plays the mother of showbiz sisters, could have marked a big-screen comeback for the star who achieved overnight success in 1992's "The Bodyguard."
    Whitney Houston, who died Saturday at the Beverly Hilton, will make one final appearance on the big screen when Sony Pictures releases Sparkle on Aug. 17.

Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent. Right now our thoughts are with her daughter, her family and her friends," spokesman Steve Elzer said on behalf of the studio.

Houston had completed filming on the project, a remake of the 1976 movie Sparkle, the showbiz saga of a trio of singers, which, in turn, was loosely based on the career of The Supremes. The film could have marked the beginning of a feature film comeback for Houston, who shone briefly but brightly in the '90s with starring roles in The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale and The Preacher's Wife.

"This would have been a big, big comeback, she is so brilliant in it," Howard Rosenman, who is an executive producer on the new film, said of Houston's performance. Rosenman, who produced the original movie and has a story credit on the remake, had seen a rough cut of the film Friday night and said, "I was just raving about her performance, she was so great in it. I'm just in shock."

Jordin Sparks, American Idol season six winner, is playing the title role in the movie about three sisters, who start singing in a church choir, become a successful girl group and then must contend with a series of personal problems. Houston's role is that of the sister's not-so-encouraging mother. Mike Epps also is appearing in the film as a stand-up comedian who marries one of the sisters and gets her hooked on drugs.

Mara Brock Akil, who created and executive produces BET's hit comedy The Game, wrote the script, and her husband Salim Akil, who has helmed every episode of Game and many episodes of the UPN hit Girlfriends, is directing.

Billboard reported Saturday that Houston's final recordings will be heard in the film. She sings the gospel classic "Eyes on the Sparrow" and duets with Sparks on a new R. Kelly song, "Celebrate," over the end credits.

Houston made her screen debut in 1992's The Bodygard, starring opposite Kevin Costner. The Warners release, in which she plays a pop star, grossed $411 million worldwide and included her famous rendition of the Dolly Parton-written "I Will Always Love You."

She followed that overnight film success with a role in the ensemble drama Waiting to Exhale, based on Terry McMillan's novel, in 1995, in which she played a TV producer in love with a married man. Grossing $81.4 million worldwide, the movie was considered a success with particular appeal to African-American women.

In 1996, she played the title role in The Preacher's Wife, opposite Denzel Washington, an inspirational drama that was a remake of the 1947 film The Bishop's Wife. The film took in $48 million domestically.

im saddend by one of my fave singers ever, so emotional i wanna dance w somebody are two of my fave all time songs ever from perhaps one of the top 2 female singers of all time
    rest in peace whitney
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    im saddend by one of my fave singers ever, so emotional i wanna dance w somebody
    I read that before the rest and was I was like hmmm then I kept reading.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So sad to hear of this. You know, when I was a kid, everyone seemed to think that drugs were bad, but as I get older, I know more and more people who say they can "handle it." They're responsible, and this only happens to other people.

Anyway, I never was a huge fan of Whitney, but I did like a couple of her songs.

I even remember having to sing the "Greatest Love of All" in music class when I was a kid, and all the guys would make fun of it.

Anyway, here's my favorite Whitney tune.

RIP Andy Conrad.

It is sad to see a gifted singer lost because of drugs. She will be missed. Rest in peace, Whitney.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!