Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake Men Guards discussion

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Add my vote to the list of folk hoping for release of a re-coloured variant pack - outside the subscriptions and sooner rather than later.
    Money in the bank for Matty if they release a variant colored set of these guys.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

i hope with Mermita we get a new scaly girl buck so that the next pack has a girl snake warrior in it

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Money in the bank for Matty if they release a variant colored set of these guys.
    Money in the friggin' bank. They should come out with a light-green skin tone pack and a grayish skin tone pack. Make the armors in green/orange and black/red. I'd buy and bake so many Snakemen trying to make every possible combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i hope with Mermita we get a new scaly girl buck so that the next pack has a girl snake warrior in it
    That's an Alaskan pipedream my friend, though it would be glorious.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    They should come out with a light-green skin tone pack and a grayish skin tone pack. Make the armors in green/orange and black/red. I'd buy and bake so many Snakemen trying to make every possible combo.
    Yeah, that's the idea. You can make twice as many combinations as the Eternian Palace Guards with this upcoming set alone.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    A variant set would have been awesome, and who knows, maybe down the road its still possible. All I know is I've been looking forward to these guys for a *long* time and cannot wait to get multiple sets! Is it any wonder that we're getting the Royal Guards re-released this month? Definitely not a coincidence.

They look amazing, but I've committed myself to skip the Snake Men. Coming into this thing late, I'll go broke getting everybody!

During MOTU02, I bought three Khans and Rattlors for army builders. I tore off the extra Khans' hoods and Rattlors' armors to make them more generic. It worked well on my display. This is so much better than that, though. Maybe I need to rethink my collecting strategy...

OK, we have had different sites get this months advanced samples - there are reviews / pictures of Frosta / Rattlor / Meckaneck...

WHERE ARE THE SNAKEMEN 2 PACKS PICTURES / REVIEWS ????????????????????

WE NEED TO SEE THE DIFFERENT VARIATIONS / MIX AND MATCH!!!!

DAN ? FWOOSH ? ANYONE?

I am actually pumped to see reviews for these as well, probably will sing me to order a second set to display all 4.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The prototypes looked amazing a New York Toy Fair but as soon as i saw them at comic-con I've changed my mind. Just don't look as striking to me. I'm also a MIB collector and have to keep display space in mind as we'll be getting more snake-men in the near future.

cool! Family Portrait! LOL

I would have loved them in purple and green... but then I couldn't think of them as "Bert and Ernie"
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    cool! Family Portrait! LOL
    Ha. "Everyone say Sssqueeze". *click*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Yeah, that's the idea. You can make twice as many combinations as the Eternian Palace Guards with this upcoming set alone.
    Actually it is arguably about the same number of combinations as the guards depending on how you look at it. The guards both had the same body and the same base armor, but there were 4 interchangeable chest plates (it still bugs me that we didn't get at least 2 of the "clean" non-battle-damaged standard chest plate), and 4 interchangeable heads, for a total of 16 possible combinations (4 heads X 4 chest plates = 16 combinations).

While the Snakemen lack the interchangeable chest plates, they have 2 different sets of armor, 2 different bodies, and 4 different heads, for once again a potential total of 16 combinations (2 X 2 X 4 = 16). However, at least in my opinion, the head swapping potential is more limited. Since one Snakeman bosy is more orange in color and the other is yellow (with there being 2 heads to match each body), the head-swapping potential is more limited since the orange heads won't look quite right on the yellow body and vice-versa.

So IMO there are really only 8 combinations that will look right.... Two Yellow Snakemen (each with a different yellow head) and Two Orange Snakemen (each with a different orange head) all with the blue armor with white highlights, and then another set of all four (two yellow, two orange) with all with the redish armor with the blue highlights.

But I'm only planning on getting 2 of this pack. I will keep one set of Snakemen with their 'default' heads and armor on, and then with the second set I plan to use the alternate heads and swap the armor around. This way I will have four somewhat unique Snakemen. While I "could" theoretically do all 8 of the combinations as described above, In all honesty I think it would still start to look too redundant IMO.

With the Palace Guards, they are more or less supposed to look alike. While having multiples of the same heads, particularly the human heads, with the face fully exposed would look redundant, with the face mask on, it works just fine. But with the Snakmen, since they have minimal armor and body coverings, and they are each supposed to be relatively unique looking. So while I do think that buying a second set, swapping the armor, and using the alternate heads will work well enough to make different looking Snakemen, too much reuse of the same heads would just start to not look right to me.

This is just my opinon, of course. Anyone who disagrees is more than free to do as they wish (using the heads on the opposite color body, etc).

If we were to get a release of these repainted in green or something, I would certainly buy some more.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If we were to get a release of these repainted in green or something, I would certainly buy some more.
    I agree with your points; two of these is enough for me, as well. But a re-paint set in two other colors would be printing money for Mattel as far as I'm concerned, as I'd definitely get two more sets.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Not fully shown yet, but looking good!!

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    I would absolutely love it if they did this. I'm not counting on it, though.

I think this set has a lot more "Mix and Match" options than the palace Guards do.

Heroic Warrior
    2 bodies, 2 armors, 4 heads. Each body has 3 different possibilities: blue armor, red armor, no armor. Each of *those* has the option for a different head. Now most people will only stick the same colored head on the matching body, but others won't care or will just repaint it. So going with the same colored head, you've got Yellow head closed mouth blue armor, yellow head closed mouth red armor, yellow head closed mouth no armor. See where this is going? You're looking at a total of at least six sets to get all the right looks, and even more if you don't care about the head color matching.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    2 bodies, 2 armors, 4 heads. Each body has 3 different possibilities: blue armor, red armor, no armor. Each of *those* has the option for a different head. Now most people will only stick the same colored head on the matching body, but others won't care or will just repaint it. So going with the same colored head, you've got Yellow head closed mouth blue armor, yellow head closed mouth red armor, yellow head closed mouth no armor. See where this is going? You're looking at a total of at least six sets to get all the right looks, and even more if you don't care about the head color matching.
    nice

I'm curious if custom snake men would look good. swapping arms & legs then repainting them.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

AAGH I keep going back and forth on buying two sets. I can easily think of four different combos that'll work, AND I'll have more special weapons for any Snake Man to carry around. And man do I love the look of those weapons...ugh. This is gona be expensive.

*sigh* well I did buy two of the guard packs...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Just to clarify something - does this particular pack come with 2 extra heads, as did the Eternian Palace Guards? So, there would be 4 heads in all?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Just to clarify something - does this particular pack come with 2 extra heads, as did the Eternian Palace Guards? So, there would be 4 heads in all?
    Correct, the set comes with four total heads.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Unlike the Palace Guard, I can't see myself getting more than one set of these. They're lovely and all, but start doubling up those colours and a Snake army would look a little... uniform. I'd only get another set if they did a repainted pack.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Correct, the set comes with four total heads.
    Thanks, BadVermin! Given this, I think that I'm going to get 2 packs to display all 4 different heads.

I really love these but i'd have loved them more if there were 4 colours the snakemen could come in, and the RANDOMLY packaged them (yes it doubles the chances of errors)

I'm getting one set for now, if we get a repaint i'll get another

i wonder hwo the armour will look on Ratlor as a makeshift 200x look?