Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake Men Guards discussion

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    They probably want to shy away from green Snake Men army builders at this point since that's the predominant color of 4 of the main members (Hiss, Snake Face, Sssqueeze, and counting Khan if you like), the other two are orange/red and purple, so this gives them some color variety.

I wasn't expecting to like these guys as much as I do. They're really nice.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'm in love with these guys! The gallery on http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...Mattel%2FMOTUC has some great pics.

Rattlor is going to be so awesome when we get him. His bright reds, blues, and cream color will really make him stand out.

The yellow one is mostly a Kobra Kahn resue. Except for the human torso. Bleh. Why didn't they use the scaled torso from Whiplash? That seemed like a better choice in my opinion. Oh well.

I'm not sure about the orange one's toros, but the rest of him is entirely Rattlor parts.

The Snakemen are gonna getcha!!
    Last edited by Thrawn29; February 12, 2012 at 04:48pm.

I don't have KH and was not planning on buy the other SM as I'm not a big fan of them, but my first reaction from seeing the 2 pack was "they look great, maybe I should get King Hisss after all." I'm not sure if I will but these 2 SM really turned out nice.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I really like them.
    I am for a very "classic" interpretation of the snakesmen, so they are just a sub-faction of the evil warriors ratherthan an independant army.
    I'll probably get at least 2 sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    They probably want to shy away from green Snake Men army builders at this point since that's the predominant color of 4 of the main members (Hiss, Snake Face, Sssqueeze, and counting Khan if you like), the other two are orange/red and purple, so this gives them some color variety.

I wasn't expecting to like these guys as much as I do. They're really nice.
    Fair point. But since you mentioned Khan I can't help but think he'd make a good third Snake men army builder member for those who want to experiment with swapping parts/accessories. You could use the armour and other accessories with Khan, display him with either his distinct Cobra head or his other head (which is more in line with the other Snake men) or even use the Palace Guard and Snake MAA heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm in love with these guys! The gallery on http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...Mattel%2FMOTUC has some great pics.

Rattlor is going to be so awesome when we get him. His bright reds, blues, and cream color will really make him stand out.

The Snakemen are gonna getcha!!
    Thanks for the link Thrawn.

edit: The spear seems to have a detachable blade that makes it a short sword also. Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    uhm, the yellow head with red eyes looks lot like hiss' serpent form: maybe mattel is suggesting to cut off the "bunny thooted" head and replace it with the new one?!?

These two are fantastic! Easily my favorite of the reveals.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I have nothing against these Snake Men, despite being well done they're not the Snake Men that I would have preferred. These are simply way too generic looking compared to the Bruce Timm designs from King of the Snake Men that ooze with way more personality. I really would have liked to have seen 1 helmeted head and a blaster of some kind, that way we'd get a bit of mini-comic goodness in this MYP inspired set. I only wish that blue armor was darker or a different color, it just doesn't scream Snake Men for me.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I love them, easily the best reveal of the show.

Best unexpected reveals of the day! Even though these guys were way down my list of wants far as 200x figures go, I'm very happy with these. Dactus or Evilseed would have been nicer , but these guys will do for my 200x figure of 2012,along with the Griffon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    These are simply way too generic looking compared to the Bruce Timm designs from King of the Snake Men that ooze with way more personality. I really would have liked to have seen 1 helmeted head and a blaster of some kind, that way we'd get a bit of mini-comic goodness in this MYP inspired set.
    A fair point - perhaps adding a minicomic head and weapons would have been a good way to go. Although you can always give them different weapons.

I have nothing against these Snake Men, despite being well done they're not the Snake Men that I would have preferred. These are simply way too generic looking compared to the Bruce Timm designs from King of the Snake Men that ooze with way more personality. I really would have liked to have seen 1 helmeted head and a blaster of some kind, that way we'd get a bit of mini-comic goodness in this MYP inspired set. I only wish that blue armor was darker or a different color, it just doesn't scream Snake Men for me.
    These guys? http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ge052_full.jpg I gotta respectfully disagree on that one. I much prefer what we've got now.
    I hate you. So much.

Heroic Warrior
    Best of NYTF's Matty reveals, in my humble opinion ! The 4 Horsemen sure did wonders with these mere soldiers ! I like them so much that I think it would be cool if they had a cool MOTU name !

The expression of the faces is absolutely spot on ! AND... they don't suffer from the infamous Hssss's "rabbit teeth" ! Splendid !

I like the "snake blades" of the spear and sword, and the shield looks simple, but good. The spiked mace is a nice addition too. The armors are really cool, just like in the 200x cartoon. Plus, we get some Rattlor parts with them !

Personally, I would have prefered to see Rattlor and Tung Lashor first, and the Horde Troopers being released as the next multi-pack. But I'm still happy with these guys, because they look so menacing and awesome ! King Hssss needed more servants... now he'll have his basic troops !

Those snakemen put the lame Snake MAA to shame... I'll be sure to buy them !

As far as SMAA is concerned... I'll pass !

These are both awesome and full of win. Can't wait to get my 2 sets! Now I just need Horde Troopers.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Love the snake men army builders, easily the best reveals

I would always complain about how we have nothing for the Snake Men except the leader, but now we finally have something! Guard builders nevertheless! Very happy to see this happen.

Someone asked about the Loincloths, I think they're King Grayskull's and Kobra Khan's. Mace looks to be shared with Lazer-Lot, perhaps just the head of it.

They look fantastic and it's a great way to make sure Rattlor is fully realized without any shortcuts.

Sculpts are great, but colors are slight off. Flash might be do it, but I think the yellow one are a little too bright as is the blue armor +I would love to see a little paint details on those RATTLOR arms/legs. IMO: It's too pale and monochromatic now.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I love them. I was honestly expecting stripped down, armorless snake warriors. But these guys have lots of details, original armor, and interesting weapons. Can't wait!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    The Snake Men have always been my least favorite faction of MOTU. I just never got into them. After seeing these army builders though, I'm psyched. They look AWESOME!. I love their weapons and armor, and their sculpts are top notch. Hats off to the 4H on this one!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

IMO the best reveal from TF by far.

Love both figures. Everything about them is awesome.

My only real complaint is that both lack a tail. It would have been nice if at least 1 of them had a tail like they had in 200X. In fact a removable tail would have made for even more army building options.

They are cool, but one should have been green.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    These guys? http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ge052_full.jpg I gotta respectfully disagree on that one. I much prefer what we've got now.
    Yup, those guys. There's a great variety to the Snake Men from that mini-comic, they range from bare headed, to face plates, to helmets to overall cool designs, while the MYP set we're getting is pretty generic. Though those heads will be excellent for anyone who wants to try their hand at customizing Snake Men, they're a good base for turning something generic into something much cooler.

Like I said, despite being very cool, they're just not the Snake Men that I would have wanted. When it comes to the Snake Men, its mini-comics over MYP any day of the week for me.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Yup, those guys. There's a great variety to the Snake Men from that mini-comic, they range from bare headed, to face plates, to helmets to overall cool designs, while the MYP set we're getting is pretty generic. Though those heads will be excellent for anyone who wants to try their hand at customizing Snake Men, they're a good base for turning something generic into something much cooler.

Like I said, despite being very cool, they're just not the Snake Men that I would have wanted. When it comes to the Snake Men, its mini-comics over MYP any day of the week for me.
    Sure there's more variety. Though there was also more variety in the MYP Snake men than what we've got with these toys. I mean that's just how the 4H have done these ones (probably to help make more generic guards, much like the Palace guards since they are an army builder). To me I just can't get a feel for the mini-comics goofy designs. I prefer the much more intimidating MYP Snake men. But to each to their own of course and I'd still take a look at whatever any customisers might do if they have a crack at the mini-comics Snake men.

Though that mini-comic has reminded me how I really hop they do not go with the crocodile head for Sssqueeze in MOTUC (fingers crossed lol).
    I hate you. So much.