Thread: Lost image of Young Adora and Hordak

Widget

Lost image of Young Adora and Hordak

A few years ago I found a picture of a young Adora with Hordak, I think it was called Loss of Innocence but I can't be sure. It was one of the most amazing images of the two and really summed up the feelings I had about how her childhood with the horde must have been. If memory serves there was a dead snake man in it too.

Does anyone remember it or have a copy of it? I would love to have it as my background on my desktop again.

Thanks much

I'd love to see this pic.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!

Pretty sure this is Royal1us' pic. I think it's amazing too. But Leech doesn't. Leech says it's terrible!

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

That's amazing. The mythos of She-Ra have always interested me far more than He-Man, given Adora's lost childhood, and fighting an enemy that was her family for most of her life for a world that is enslaved by said family. The groundwork is there for a really deep and emotional story if given to the right writer, or in this case a great artist.

I personally do not see Adora ever acting in such a manner. After all she thought the Horde was 'good' and was sheltered for much of her life. I simply cannot see Adora ever performing such an act of violence - let alone have that look on her face. Perhaps upon a machine but not another sentient being.

That being said I would LOVE to see an account/story of how Hordak and Shadow Weaver raised her. I think it would be an incredible story as I do think Hordak did care for her while he was raising her (and brainwashing her at the same time). It would be great stuff!

thanks for this image!!!I'd like to know more of adora' past!!! her years spent training as a soldier fot the Horde and all that happened ....... this image reminds me of evil EVE from xena season 5 and 6
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Wow! Great picture!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I personally do not see Adora ever acting in such a manner. After all she thought the Horde was 'good' and was sheltered for much of her life. I simply cannot see Adora ever performing such an act of violence - let alone have that look on her face. Perhaps upon a machine but not another sentient being.

That being said I would LOVE to see an account/story of how Hordak and Shadow Weaver raised her. I think it would be an incredible story as I do think Hordak did care for her while he was raising her (and brainwashing her at the same time). It would be great stuff!
    True, the Filmation account of of Adora's childhood almost certainly contradicts what we see in this image. However, that was a very sugar coated account for little girls.

Given the nature of Hordak and the Horde, and the fact that he raised her since she was an infant, how she turned out in the cartoon is very different than how she actually should have turned out. She would have been raised with her father's values, and ethical code. She never would have needed Shadow Weaver's brainwashing, since she never would have known better.

Which makes her transformation into She-Ra all the more interesting. She would be a far more ruthless version of He-Man, with his code of ethics constantly clashing with her upbringing. While He-Man would never murder, the same couldn't be said 100% about She-Ra (sort of like Superman & Wonder Woman in recent years).

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    She sees the Horde as good and can't commit an act of violence? Now that is a fantasy world.

How many acts of atrocity have been done in the name of God, or for the "right" reasons.

Its all down to point of view.

Its that whole "For the greater good" theory, which is why I could see Adora doing it.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post

I agree with you. That is NOT Adora. I truly believe images such as that, and the current content of comics, cartoons and video games are responsible for the continued moral decay of todays youth. The cartoons of my generation were all about action and adventure, not violence. There is a BIG difference.
    The characters in todays cartoons beat each other to a pulp. They shoot each other. They stab each other. See any similarities in today's kids?
    I think it's pretty darn scary.

I can help clear up some of this. Although I'm not sure who the artist is, the member who commissioned it was Duebert. It comes from a scene in her fanfiction, The Betrayal, chapter 13: Vengeance.
    Last edited by Adora; September 20, 2009 at 04:05pm.
    I love He-Man.org!!!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I agree with you. That is NOT Adora. I truly believe images such as that, and the current content of comics, cartoons and video games are responsible for the continued moral decay of todays youth. The cartoons of my generation were all about action and adventure, not violence. There is a BIG difference.
    The characters in todays cartoons beat each other to a pulp. They shoot each other. They stab each other. See any similarities in today's kids?
    I think it's pretty darn scary.
    Rose tinted glasses? I remember Terrorhawks sacredthe crap out of me, in Captain Scarlett people died. He-Man beat up people. Optimus Prime died after he kicked the crap out of Megatron. Dungeons and Dragons had a few near death moments especiall wit Uni. There was violence.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I don't think I posted this... But maybe I did... I can't remember, this is like, 4 years old, and it's just a sketch really.

I remember thinking at one point durring 200X that it'd be cool to have Adora be this real pale, gothic looking girl as she's been raised by the Horde. A bit more evil looking, and when her eyes are opened by her brother then she lightens up and looks all the more beautiful...

Maybe I need to finish this concept sometime...

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I don't think I posted this... But maybe I did... I can't remember, this is like, 4 years old, and it's just a sketch really.

I remember thinking at one point durring 200X that it'd be cool to have Adora be this real pale, gothic looking girl as she's been raised by the Horde. A bit more evil looking, and when her eyes are opened by her brother then she lightens up and looks all the more beautiful...

Maybe I need to finish this concept sometime...

Baena, that's a beautiful sketch! I have one you did for me of She-Ra at Comic Con 2004, that's a beautiful contrast. If I can find the sketchbook, I'll scan and upload.

Nate I cannot remember seeing your pic. I also like the one where she is killing, but I dont remember that one either. It would be nice to see the pic in question though.

As for Adora killing...why wouldnt she. her mind was warped and she believd the bad guys were the good guys. It doesnt make her a bad person it makes her a victim.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

very nice pics

What I never liked was how easily she left the Horde. As Nemescream sas her having been brought up by the Horde would have meant she would have known no better so how comes when some stranger appears and says "The Horde is evil and I am your brother" she accepts it so easily and runs off to join the Rebellion? just seemed a bit far fetched to me

But really this should be (and no doubt has been) discussed in the She-Ra forum and instead we should just all admire the nice art on display....which is nice...especially Hordak
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Very cool pics!

Heroic Warrior
    Love that pic. wicked Adora

It's strange to see Adora doing something like that!
    But the pic is good.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Great picture. This is how I picture Adora's childhood being, out there in the field, kill or be killed. Not sheltered and believing the Horde is good. That's fine for an 80s cartoon aimed at children, but in 2014, let's have something with more meat on the bone.
    He-Man and She-Ra, the ultimate power duo!