Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Four Horsemen discouraged?

Are the Four Horsemen discouraged?

So we get to the first reveals of 2012 and two of them are the current most requested by fans if the MOTUC Idol is anything to go by, Frosta and Spikor

Instead of rounds of applause and excitement, the reveals for both of those two figures were met with some dissatisfaction. Do you think the Four Horsemen would feel discouraged by this?

I know if I was working on something, especially something for fans, I would be thinking I wonder how the fans are going to feel about this.

I have no doubt that they are proud of every single thing they produce so I wonder how they feel when fans pick it apart straight away, especially after they have spent months working on it. I would certainly feel discouraged

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think they get discouraged. Every thing they sculpt is awesome, even if it's a stupid idea they can still make it look real cool. I'm sure they understand that you can't please everyone and they just move on to the next sculpt.

I feel that the Horsemen are not to blame in any way. I love how they did Frosta's face (eyeliner and everything) and I don't get what people dislike about it. It's not their fault that Spector was an utter failure since they weren't the ones that designed him. The design of Sir Laserlot itself is great, it's the colours that mess up their sculpt, but I'm willing to bet that the colours were chosen based on Geoff's childhood drawings (not very wise in my opinion). Snake MAA is also not a bad figure sculpting wise and so is Battleground Evil-Lyn.

Essentialy, the Horsemen are the ones that keep me interested in this line. Without them all of this would not be worth it since everything else on this line is pretty awful.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

well if they did not do crap then fan's would like it

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Who says there wasn't any applause for those two specific figures? I think they look great as do a lot of people. You're only going to hear (mostly) from those who dislike something because their eager to voice displeasure. 4H are fantastic sculptors.

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I don't get what people dislike about it
    Opinions.

Subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    Who says there wasn't any applause for those two specific figures?
    I dunno, would people applaud in front of their monitor?
    Last edited by MyBroGotAllMyFigs; February 12, 2012 at 07:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    And this is the entire reason for this thread. I would be annoyed if I had worked hard on something and that is what you said to me

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    And this is the entire reason for this thread. I would be annoyed if I had worked hard on something and that is what you said to me
    if your figure looked like Teela then i would tell you i love it but if it was as ugly as Frosta i would tell you to start over. when its something they want to work on like Teela it looks good when it's something they don't care about it looks like BG Evil-Lyn and Frosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    That seems a little over the top disrespectful to me. Maybe you should just give up on this line and collect something else then. Or better yet, you should just sculpt your own toys and show everyone how to make something that isn't "crap".
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    They shouldn't be discouraged at all. They're doing stellar work creating near perfect renditions of one of the greatest toylines ever.

Dissatisfaction on my part stems from a great dislike of Spikor and apathy towards PoP. Spikor looks how he should, but I never liked him anyway. As for Frosta - she's okay I guess but the paintjob on her face is not good.

Perhaps they have too much work and the increasing amount of figures to be developed for this line doesn't help... some prototypes look a little rushed (perhaps the paint apps don't make justice to the sculpts)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Artists are trained to have thick skin, it's impossible to please everyone.
    As long as I did my best, I don't care if some people hate it.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's not make it sound worse than what it is. Yes, Spikor and Frosta are a bit disappointing as they appeared at NYTF. But some changes brought to their heads (just give us 80's Spikor's face and head, give Frosta lighter blue hair with more movement, paler skin, better lips, less eyeline, no "sunken" cheeks) will make them absolutely awesome and perfect !

It just takes a little bit of work. I'm sure it could be done in a couple of days.

And it would be worth it. If some improvements are made, I'll rate them both 10/10 !

And PLEASE... just dump the stupid "all sculpts are final" rule !
    Last edited by Prahvus; February 12, 2012 at 08:08pm.

I'm sure the 4H must get discouraged every now and then. Especially if they think they've hit something out of the ballpark and there's some kind of backlash going on. Despite my nit-picking about a handful of things like Frosta's face being slightly off, or the Snake Men 2-pack being MYP in nature, I'm still happy with the reveals that we did get. Was everything to my exact liking? Nope. Does that mean I'm going to enjoy these reveals any less? Nope. I still want everything that's been shown and I can't wait to add these guys and gal to my collection later this year.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    Perhaps they have too much work and the increasing amount of figures to be developed for this line doesn't help... some prototypes look a little rushed (perhaps the paint apps don't make justice to the sculpts)
    I'm a big believer in this, especially with Mattel always saying how crazy busy they keep the 4H. I think they're spreading them too thin because they're working on too many toy lines. That's just my personal opinion. I don't hate any of the figures shown off today, but I just feel they are missing the "wow" factor they used to have...except for the Snakemen two pack. They're both very inspired. I think they just don't have the time to get too creative with MOTUC now. I have to say I'm EXTREMELY jealous because all the DC stuff for the online sub looks amazing and I don't even know who most of those characters are!

I have some nitpicks on Frosta's bracelets, cape collar and the colour of her cape and hair...but I'm just not feeling Spikor or Frosta's faces at all. Not even a little bit. This is coming from a guy who loved Buzz-Off and Clawful!

Is seriously think I'm just going to swap an Adora head with Frosta's.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Has there been any videos shown from the presentation?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I hope they're not discouraged, but let us be honest - we know they can do better. And more importantly, they know they can do better. If anything, it should be an encouragement to remake, or blow us away by the next reveals.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    If Frosta's face was really, genuinely them sculpting to the best of their ability*, they should be.

*No, I don't believe that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    If Frosta's face was really, genuinely them sculpting to the best of their ability*, they should be.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...aNeverKnow.jpg

*No, I don't believe that it was.
    LOL poor Frosta

Nah, if they even bother to come to the forum any more, I think they can wade through the snark and the toxic mob mentality that has crept in and see the positive and constructive stuff too. There's plenty of that here too.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

They're still getting paid, right?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would be if I was them, BUT they should not be!! Hopefully they know that it impossible to please many MOTU fans We have some professional nit pickers on the org!!

I personally LOVE everything they have done to this point, including the amazing reveals we got today!!! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK 4 HORSEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I don't know. I'd like to see Frosta's face repainted, but I think the sculpt itself is really nice. This is a delayed figure that's now scheduled for September. It's only February yet, so I expect some tweaking to take place before she's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Let's not make it sound worse than what it is. Yes, Spikor and Frosta are a bit disappointing as they appeared at NYTF. But some changes brought to their heads (just give us 80's Spikor's face and head, give Frosta lighter blue hair with more movement, paler skin, better lips, less eyeline, no "sunken" cheeks) will make them absolutely awesome and perfect !

It just takes a little bit of work. I'm sure it could be done in a couple of days.

And it would be worth it. If some improvements are made, I'll rate them both 10/10 !

And PLEASE... just dump the stupid "all sculpts are final" rule !
    There is nothing wrong with Spikor's head