Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wind Raider coming back during SDCC 2012!

Wind Raider coming back during SDCC 2012!

In Toyguru's recent collectors night report at New York Toy Fair he said the Wind Raider will be returning. He said during SDCC 2012, they will try to sell another batch of them on Matty Collector. This is everyones chance to convince management that vehicles can sell and can justify one for 2013. I know it's not 100% confirmed yet but it's a start. Should we have a Wind Raider day?

Go to 32:30 to hear it from Toy Guru
    Last edited by Fabulous; February 13, 2012 at 10:56pm.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Heroic Warrior
    This sounds like good news , but if they have another batch to sell why didnt the replace all the screwed up units? Im sure this announcement will make some people who ended up with no replacements rather irked

Cool and not being during Chirstmas time I should be able to afford to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    This sounds like good news , but if they have another batch to sell why didnt the replace all the screwed up units? Im sure this announcement will make some people who ended up with no replacements rather irked
    In the video it sounds like they are going to be producing more, not selling stock that is piled up somewhere. That's how I understood it, anyway.

Interesting decision! If I can swing it, I just might pick another one up!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

But... but... I thought they were already "sold out"

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I'll buy the crap out of a Wind Raider when it isn't 10 days before Christmas.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I'll buy the crap out of a Wind Raider when it isn't 10 days before Christmas.
    Not going on sale right before Christmas is a good thing for sure. In the video Scott mentioned during SDCC, I assume he mean on MattyCollector in July not at the convention itself. I think this could be a double edged sword if it does come out the week of SDCC. SDCC generates a good deal of buzz for MOTUC which will help sales, but its also a time when a good number of collectors are spending money on SDCC/Exclusives. Collectors save in advance for SDCC and the expense that it is with travel, lodging, tickets, and exclusive. So by adding another expensive item to the mix might back fire again. I'm not trying to be negative, I hope the WR does great so we can see more vehicles in MOTUC. This may not be an issue as there is not concrete sale date, just something I thing Mattel needs to think about.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

an exclusive that really celebrates the 30th ... That'd better be Oo-Larr / long-haired Alcala He-Man
    Last edited by Crusader; February 13, 2012 at 08:21pm.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

AWESOME! I'm up for ANYTHING that gets us The Battle Ram!!!!!!!

I always wanna support the .org and I hope everyone wears their site shirts to the Mattypalooza panel like last year, but mabye they can make up an iron-on of a pic of The Four Horsemen's prototype to put on the back--or even on the front under the .org logo! OH! Or maybe a small one for the sleeve!

As for people who needed replacements, maybe when they get this stock of Wind Raiders in they'll do like they are now for Green Goddess; even though it's way past 30 days, you could exchange it for a replacement (yeah I know it's not exactly like Green Goddess since those are for refunds).
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'll definitely buy another Wind Raider come summer to help support the cause. It's an amazing piece!! I agree that the timing of it's release was bad! Everyone's broke a week before Christmas!

BTW, Toyguru (my lord and savior and/or favorite real life villain, you decide!) is hilarious in this video. I lol'd several times.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I'd be interested in buying another Wind Raider. That's coole news.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Great! What appeared to be the dismissal of future vehicles because of less profit made my stomach sour. I wanted to buy WR but wiffed. Good idea Toy Guru! Looking forward to a possible He Man with accessories-vintage, Alcala, & Texeira heads.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    an exclusive that really celebrates the 30th ... That'd better be Oo-Larr / long-haired Alcala He-Man

*cough* *Cough* *COUGH*....

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'll definitely buy another Wind Raider come summer to help support the cause. It's an amazing piece!! I agree that the timing of it's release was bad! Everyone's broke a week before Christmas!

BTW, Toyguru (my lord and savior and/or favorite real life villain, you decide!) is hilarious in this video. I lol'd several times.
    He needs to comb his freaking hair for god sakes- he isn't Kosmo Kramer.
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 13, 2012 at 08:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm very happy for those of you that want vehicles in MOTUC. It sounds like an excellent opportunity. I'm 100% okay with vehicles as long as they are not part of the subscription. I just don't have the space. 1 vehicle per year outside the sub would be great, in my opinion. I would for sure pick up some.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    AWESOME! I'm up for ANYTHING that gets us The Battle Ram!!!!!!!

I always wanna support the .org and I hope everyone wears their site shirts to the Mattypalooza panel like last year, but mabye they can make up an iron-on of a pic of The Four Horsemen's prototype to put on the back--or even on the front under the .org logo! OH! Or maybe a small one for the sleeve!

As for people who needed replacements, maybe when they get this stock of Wind Raiders in they'll do like they are now for Green Goddess; even though it's way past 30 days, you could exchange it for a replacement (yeah I know it's not exactly like Green Goddess since those are for refunds).
    I also would LOVE a Battle Ram!

I think it's also cool that the Wind raider will be getting re-released because I wasn't collecting the line at the time and would love to get one How much were they when they were put out the first time?

Support the cause, people!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

If Mattel can have pre-orders for the Hoverboard, then they should do the same with vehicles if they're afraid about their bottom line.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Why not return* a defective one now for a refund (if that is all DR is doing right now), then buy a new one when they go on sale again? At least that way you're not past the 30 day mark.

*as long as they're paying the return shipping....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I already got mine and it took 36 days to arrive, I will not be buying any more of them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    If Mattel can have pre-orders for the Hoverboard, then they should do the same with vehicles if they're afraid about their bottom line.
    Remember though that Mattel can't do pre-orde...*Waits for damage control by them as to why they can all of a sudden*.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    *cough* *Cough* *COUGH*....
    I hope you are right I would be so happy if he were this year's exclusive

I will be getting another WR, hopefully we will get other vehicles. I feel line is not complete without them.
    Evil Master of Thinking!

one step closer to Battle Ram, I hope
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

cool i will get 1 more

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I would rather see Horde Armor He-Man. Oo-Lar would make a better bonus figure.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Support the cause, people!
    My credit card statement is telling that I already am.