Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver, Sorercess, & Fisto arrival thread

Shadow Weaver, Sorercess, & Fisto arrival thread

UPS just dropped of my Shadow Weaver, The Sorceress, and Fisto!!!!

I'll post photo in a bit, got to go open them!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    They arrive Wed, but I just got my Photogs and yeah, no, he is terrible. He sucks. Why did I buy the 30th sub, let alone two of them?! First off, he is a good guy. WHAT?! That does not make any sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a villian. Secondly, he has no armor or anything that can be removed. Nothing. Finally, he is lacking standard articulation. His lower legs cannot be turned, so he always has to be standing up straight. NO!! Oh, and his weapons suck. This whole toy sucks. At least Hurricane Hordak had accessories to at least make his suckitude worth something. This figure does not even have that. Well, at least Man-E-Faces has a camera man now...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They did come in the new smaller white mailer box, this was my first time with this new box.

They look great, Fisto is quite heavy and The Sorceress is beautiful.

Shadow Weaver is just awesome!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Might want to post that in the Photog arrival thread.

Slave2evilyn, you're not going to tease us with MOC images are you?
    Last edited by SCB; February 20, 2012 at 03:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They arrive Wed, but I just got my Photogs and yeah, no, he is terrible. He sucks. Why did I buy the 30th sub, let alone two of them?! First off, he is a good guy. WHAT?! That does not make any sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a villian. Secondly, he has no armor or anything that can be removed. Nothing. Finally, he is lacking standard articulation. His lower legs cannot be turned, so he always has to be standing up straight. NO!! Oh, and his weapons suck. This whole toy sucks. At least Hurricane Hordak had accessories to at least make his suckitude worth something. This figure does not even have that. Well, at least Man-E-Faces has a camera man now...
    I'm not liking Photog either.. But I think the buzz he would have generated has been sucked out by not knowing whats happened to the rest of my sub, or when and if Im even going to get them. At the moment I agree with you, he's worse than I expected. The lenticular thing on his chest makes me dizzy. But I wonder if its somehow being magnified or warped through the bubble making it look even funkier.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    OMG, they look so good. The new white mailer boxes are really bad.

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!! I still don't have my Photog yet, Plus I don't even think the mail comes for me today because of presidents day. UGH!! They look awesome though! I can't wait! Fisto is one of my all time faves!!

Can you take a shot of the Preternia map, unfolded?

Should be getting mine very soon, but my excitement level isn't really that high.

Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. This is a great month. That picture of Fisto, Shadow Weaver and Sorceress is awesome. I don't know how any month could get better than this.

RELEASE THEM! We need more pics!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Slave2evilyn, you're not going to tease us with MOC images are you?
    I just needed time to calm down so I didn't hurt the figures or myself while opening them.

Here are some loose photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that I've had The Sorceress in hand, I love her, the drums while big don't really take away from how much I like her. I never planed to display her backwards so all's good there.

Holding a Shadow Weaver in my hands is kinda surreal, I never thought this day would come. I so glad Mattel got the Filmation rights, even if we never get any other Filmation characters (god forbid) we got Shadow Weaver. Now Octavia is my #1 want.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Can Sorceress hold her staff with both hands?

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Those look really, really cool. I'm surprised by how much I like Shadow Weaver, and the Sorceress came out nice as well. I love the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I just needed time to calm down so I didn't hurt the figures or myself while opening them.

Here are some loose photos.

Now that I've had The Sorceress in hand, I love her, the drums while big don't really take away from how much I like her. I never planed to display her backwards so all's good there.

Holding a Shadow Weaver in my hands is kinda surreal, I never thought this day would come. I so glad Mattel got the Filmation rights, even if we never get any other Filmation characters (god forbid) we got Shadow Weaver. Now Octavia is my #1 want.
    oh I am so jealous of you right now. Man to get one box with all 3 in it, is going to be one of the best MOTU days ever!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Here you go Tallstar

Photobucket

My favorite part is the Slime Pit.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Thought I'd take a page out of the Positivity Thread and clean this post up

They arrive Wed, but I just got my Photogs and yes, he is awesome. He rocks! I now know why I got the 30th sub, more importantly, two of them! First off, he is a good character. WHAT?! That makes perfect sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a god! Secondly, he has invisible armor that can be removed (invisibly). Amazing! Finally, he transcends standard articulation. His lower leg joints are tight, so he is alway standing up straight. YES!! Oh, and his weapons rock. This whole toy rocks! Hurricane Hordak had accessories to make his amazingness worth the price. This figure does that and more. Well, Man-E-Faces has a camera man now!!!
    Last edited by Fabulous; February 20, 2012 at 04:40pm.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Here you go Tallstar

*hugs* Thank you.

Is that Granamyr on the map? Is that what he's going to end up looking like?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Here you go Tallstar

Wow, very nice! Maybe the best-looking map yet.
    What are all the location names in the "Free People" section? All the little castles and such?

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I love the map!! Green Granamyr just walking all over the place...LOL.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Thanks for posting these pics and congrats on all the new figures! Weaver looks great!! Though, I can't help but notice two circular indents on the back flap of Weaver's cape....were they from the packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Is that Granamyr on the map? Is that what he's going to end up looking like?
    well for one red one the vote, lol, but I think its just a very rough drawing of him.

I hope he looks a little less "silly" in figure form
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Great pics, Slave2Evil_Lyn!

I bet Mattel is going to explain that Granamyr was green but turned red somehow. Magically, with age, during the spell of separation...etc. That's how they will justify selling a green one later.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Thanks for posting these pics and congrats on all the new figures! Weaver looks great!! Though, I can't help but notice two circular indents on the back flap of Weaver's cape....were they from the packaging?
    It's been speculated that this was a design change to prevent her cape from tearing. The review samples had this too and it looks like thicker plastic in the circles. I don't know if it will help prevent tearing or not, but it seems plausible. *shrugs*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Wow, very nice! Maybe the best-looking map yet.
    What are all the location names in the "Free People" section? All the little castles and such?
    The small castle behind Castle Grayskull is Foe Castle. There are villages around CG, one is Village of Gaz, another is Eldor's Village.
    The castle in front of the dinosaur is Beserker Castle and the redish one blow the dinosaur is Talok City.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

The small castle behind Castle Grayskull is Foe Castle.
    Wow, that's pretty cool.