Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Evil Lyn arrival & discussion thread

Club Grayskull Evil Lyn arrival & discussion thread

I was excited to receive my Evil Lyn's but i have six and out of all six, not one had the head with the helmet painted good. I could try to fix the ones i will open but they are horrible paint jobs.

I believe i ship them all back due to their paint applications.

Second head all heads painted almost perfect a few minor hair spots missing white.

This is unacceptable!

IMG_1561.jpgIMG_1562.jpgIMG_1564.jpgIMG_1565.jpgIMG_1567.jpgIMG_1569.jpg

Should i return these?

The last three pics were the ones i was going to keep and open two to display, which i can fix paint errors but the one to keep for the unopened collection i own. The other three were going to be for sale at some point but the paint is terrible, the camera makes them not as terrible unsure why.

Zoom in to see what i mean, otherwise they look ok, but once zoomed in NOT GREAT for a $33 or more adult collector toy.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; October 21, 2016 at 07:51pm.

Oh wow that really sucks--sorry man! This does not bode well for this figure. And yes, I would send all of them back.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Thanks, i was thinking the same thing because the ones i cant open...cant be fixed plus why should I have to paint the ones i would open? Lol

The best one is the 4th one. Repainting the lips would be a lot easier than the eyes.

I hope Super 7 will not tolerate this level of QC ineptitude. 6 for 6. That's pretty good.

I agree that is the one I would have displayed with helmet after paint fix, but yeah it is basically 6 of 6 horribly painted figures. Why all helmetless heads are fine for the most part and the main head the figure is shipped wearing is a mess. Sad to see this and made my excitement turn to annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    ...plus why should I have to paint the ones i would open? Lol
    Because since you are the first person to see these in the wild, and ALL 6 of them were bad, the odds are probably not good you will get much better than number 4 from a replacement? Hopefully you just got a bad run, but things look pretty bleak for now.

Ugh. This is the first Filmation figure I managed to get and was really looking forward to her. Not only are the paint apps bad, but something about the actual product just looks... kinda cheap. Like something you'd buy in a dollar store
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Well hopefully we are going to see people receiving nicely painted figures.

Wow, that's bad, send them all back, only way to get anyone's attention.

I too hope Super 7 will have higher standards for QC.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Yeah i figured that i was going to do that, already sent a letter for replacements of my 6 figures all having horrible paint jobs of the helmeted head and the armor having issues, but that was not as bad as ALL SIX having been painted like a twelve year old who doesnt know how to paint.

I explained that since Mattel has decided to shutdown mattycollector and have Super7 take over, that i feel Mattel isnt caring about quality. I have never had to send back prior orders except the SDCC Thundercats Wilykit and Wilykat, which had horrible paint apps, i received an amazing replacement with almost puurrrfect paint applications.

I also asked if they will be checking the six replacements they will be mailing me and how shocked i was to find ALL six with paint problems on the main head the figure is wearing in the display case.

I hope that they can examine a few and send me the six figures that i paid $181.

Does anyone know if when sent replacements if they bother to check them?

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post

Does anyone know if when sent replacements if they bother to check them?
    In my experience, they do not. I had to send back Star Sisters and Eldor multiple times before getting acceptable ones.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Well that sucks, hopefully i at least get four good ones or if lucky all six.

Heroic Warrior
    This is why I prefer not being the first nor the last getting figures. The first ones out have sketchy qc then it seems to improve and the qc tightens for the middle as the overseers tell them to stop being sloppy then at the end they see the end in sight and things get sloppy again. At least that's been my observation with mattel figures whether dcuc or motuc or club grayskull over the last 9 years

And no they don't examine replacements. They just grab randomly out of boxes and ship. I know this first hand because in the past I had to return a few a couple of times before received satisfactory replacements. Plus there's a risk that with matty shutting down it's easier from Mattys perspective to just provide refunds on returns at this stage rather than replacements. Not to mention the fact matty may no longer be maintaining customer arrive stock or even producing enough beyond bare minimums anyway for replacements

Hope when my evil lyns arrive they're perfect. Fingers crossed I have been lucky with all my club grayskull figures this year having excellent qc and not needing to return any. And I lucked out last year with Angellas qc with regards to her eyes not suffering derp so hopefully my qc streak of good luck continues

And it looks like the helmet may be part of the headsculpt rather than a separate piece glued onto the head

And could you please provide a wide shot of the evil lyn packaged since matty failed to on mattycollector

- - - Updated - - -

Were the forearms assembled correctly or are they still backwards like on stock image?
    How's the cape. Flexible same as in stock image?
    Last edited by degra; October 21, 2016 at 10:34pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

I havent opened it to examine due to wanting to return them. I will take a pic of her in the box.

IMG_1570.jpgIMG_1571.jpg

Here's a pic of her in the box with the best paint job (just lips need to be fixed)

Since i will most likely keep this one, I will think about opening her.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; October 21, 2016 at 11:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like they did NOT correct the forearms. However pretty easy heat and swap between the forearms

please release accurate Filmation of-- merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Ooooooooh man I am SO excited for her Korodite!!!!

As others have said, they don't seem to check replacement figures; I sent Beast Man back and the replacement I got was worse; sent that one back and am waiting on the next (and hopefully final) replacement.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Dang i hope the next one works better for you. I also hope the ones i get are better. I just dont see people getting the quality i received and not flippin out. In pics they dont look so bad, in person the helmeted head looks like a dollar store toy. It is frustrating, it will be nice to see when others receive her what they get.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Club Grayskull Evil Lyn arrival thread

Disappointing, hopefully this is not widespread.

I would put these photos in the big Super 7 thread as I think they're reading the posts
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Well, Mattel finally ruined the perfect Club Grayskull streak with Point Dread Evil Lyn. Such a shame that they can't get the important female figures right. I have very low expectations for a Filmation Teela now.

Evil Lyn's paint job is the messiest I have seen yet for Club Grayskull and overall. Not just the face, but the clothing as well looks sloppy and poorly painted. Really disappointed that they botched this one.

Well, now I understand why all of the pictures that were posted on Mattycollector on her sale page looked photoshopped around the head and neck.

This could've been one of the most perfect figures in the entire line. For me, this is incredibly disappointing, as I've been waiting for this version of evil Lyn since I was a kid.

It seems like there have been a lot of shoddy errors this year, and I wonder if it has to do with, perhaps, no one reviewing samples at Mattel?
    A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...

Oh wow those do look bad. I purchased two and both are not perfect but far better than what you got. Yeah this is the first disappointment in the Club Grayskull Line :\

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Anyone who gets a shoddy painted evil-Lyn should just return her, let them sort it out
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    Oh wow those do look bad. I purchased two and both are not perfect but far better than what you got. Yeah this is the first disappointment in the Club Grayskull Line :\
    Do you think you could post yours?

I have been waiting to see others that people have received.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Mine was just as bad as the ones pictured above in this thread. Did anyone notice how clunky her legs are? She can't really close her legs and looks like she's riding on a saddle at all times. At frist I thought it came from the rubber pants being too wide but it's not. It's just the way the hip joints work. Which is suepr disappointing AND surprising for other figures with these hips like Mara or Battleground Teela don't have that problem at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.