Thread: For a complete Horde

For a complete Horde

Okay, first off, this is not a request for figures, it's for information. Only.

I've been collecting the classics line for the Horde for a while now, and am actually nearing completion. Unfortunately, while I am familiar with the Filmation roster of the group, I'm not enitely sure what the complete roster is. I'm hopeful that, if I post a list of the characters I have and need, someone might be willing to point out any names I've missed regarding the Horde. Again, I'm not asking for figures, I'll find them where I can, just the names of any Hordesmen I might have missed that keep my collection from being complete.

HAVE:
    Hordak
    Hordak with Imp
    Mantenna
    Shadow Weaver
    Leech
    Entrapta
    Catra
    Scorpia
    Grizzlor
    Mosquitor
    Vultak
    Despara
    Modulok
    Multi-Bot
    Horde Prime

Looking for:
    Octavia
    Calix
    Dragstor
    Horde Troopers

I am thinking of getting a Skeletor/Keldor simply because he was a member of the Horde too, UT thats about it. So am I missing anyone?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Here is a list from the Wiki, don't know how presise it is.

Members of the Horde
    ◾ Horde Prime
    ◾ Hordak
    ◾ Mantenna
    ◾ Leech
    ◾ Grizzlor
    ◾ Calyx
    ◾ Keldor/Skeletor (Betrayed Hordak and The Evil Horde)
    ◾ Force Captain Adora (Later became She-Ra and turned against the Horde)
    ◾ Modulok
    ◾ Catra
    ◾ Shadow Weaver
    ◾ Scorpia
    ◾ Dragstor
    ◾ Multi-Bot
    ◾ Rattlor
    ◾ Dylamug
    ◾ Tung Lashor
    ◾ Imp
    ◾ Admiral Scurvy
    ◾ Colonel Blast
    ◾ Mosquitor
    ◾ Entrapta
    ◾ Vultak
    ◾ Octavia
    ◾ False Face
    ◾ Prince Zed
    ◾Evil Robot
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

From MOTUC you'd also need:

Cy-Chop
    Buzz-Saw Hordak
    Hurricane Hordak
    Spirit of Hordak
    Treasure Chest Imp
    General Sunder (September release)
    Horde Wraith (November release)

And Double Trouble (Depending on how you classify her allegiance)
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I used my TRU 2 Pack Skeletor with the Alcala head and he is in my Horde Display as the crazy original skeletor that thought he was a demon that served Hordak immediately after he was created (from the MOTUC story continuity, merging the old minicomic skeletor origin as a maddness induced delusion to help merge continuities) so that is my "Horde Apprentice" Skeletor.

I do have Keldor standing with Spirit of Hordak on my rando villains shelf to represent the time when Keldor was Hordak's Apprentice, as depicted in the minicomic that introduced this figures origin.

If you want to be very thorough you could add Rattlor and Tung Lashor since they refrence the Horde membership in their bios (based on their filmation appearances) and they even come with armbands.

Also Cy Chop is refrenced as joining them eventually and I have him with my Horde (wearing one of the snakemens Horde Armbands since I do not have either of them with the Horde)

Also Also of course there is the Fighting Foe Men who all come with horde symbols that can replace the chest symbols of the Vehicles they represent that in MOTUC are explained to have joined the Horde later on.

Also Also Also there is Megator, using the Zombie Head he came with just for this reason, which was ressurected to fight for the Horde, also as per MOTUC.

I'm not saying you will want any of these, or that you agree with or like thier inclusion, only that they do technically count if you want to be a really exacting completist. Best you know even if you do not use them. I do not use all of them as Horde, as I mentioned. I'm hoping they do a Tung Lashor FIlmatoin version since that one was 100 percent different looking than the toy and would be wearing a Horde Symbol, that one I'll put with the Horde.

----

Boy, you two above me worked fast. Here I thought I was going to be first but I was typing way to much.

Agreed though, I forgot Double Trouble, though i place her with the Rebellion. I do intend to put General Sunder with the Horde though.

Also I forgot to mention the other Hordak variants (other than spirit) so nice catch. Also nice catch with the Adora figure, since yes, there is no difference between Adora and Force Captain Adora. I almost put her with the Horde (I had a better display idea though) and for that reason I am very happy for Despara because that fixes that "hole" in my Horde in my eyes, quite perfectly. Still a worthy mention.
    Last edited by baronterror; September 6, 2016 at 05:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    The Fighting Foe Men came with alternate Horde symbol so that you could choose to display them with the Horde. According to Toyguru's bio, IIRC, they were from the time of Wundar, something happened so they were placed in suspended animation, and the Horde reawakened them in the current day. Personally, I display them as members of the Horde because, man, you can never have too big a Horde.

Maybe Double Trouble too, if that's where you think her true allegiances lie.

(whoops, double info on the Foe Men. I took too long to type

Ooh, I completely forgot about Cy-Chop and didn't know about the Fighting Foe Men (Though I already have Imp's treasure chest form). Rattlor and Tung I'm unsure of since it seems like they're intended to be Snake Men in the classics line. Maybe if the put out a Filmation version of Tung. Honestly I was thinking Despara would be Force Captain Adora, though perhaps I should look into a normal Adora for continuity's sake. I always thought Double Trouble was a Rebellion spy, so I'd probably lift her over to their side instead, but if I'm doing Skeletor, Sunder needs an inclusion too. Megator is the green giant right?

Thanks for the help by the way. I'd have completely missed these guys otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Ooh, I completely forgot about Cy-Chop and didn't know about the Fighting Foe Men (Though I already have Imp's treasure chest form). Rattlor and Tung I'm unsure of since it seems like they're intended to be Snake Men in the classics line. Maybe if the put out a Filmation version of Tung. Honestly I was thinking Despara would be Force Captain Adora, though perhaps I should look into a normal Adora for continuity's sake. I always thought Double Trouble was a Rebellion spy, so I'd probably lift her over to their side instead, but if I'm doing Skeletor, Sunder needs an inclusion too. Megator is the green giant right?

Thanks for the help by the way. I'd have completely missed these guys otherwise.
    I support your call on Tongue Lashor and Rattlor. And argument can be made for TL but he'll always be a SM in my book, but Rattlor's membership in the Horde wasn't until after King Hsss' downfall (If I have that right, I'm far from a canon expert) so assuming Hsss is still out and about in your present universe Rattlor's safe among SM. I keep both of them as Snakemen in my collection as well.

For a complete Horde

This is based on nothing other than what I find to personally be fun, so please don't take it as a real suggestion. But maybe you'll think it's fun too.

Ever since I think Optikk, because he was the first of the Mutants, I have been taking Horde Armbands off the figures they came with and putting them on Space Mutants.

Imagine Optikk, Karatti, Flogg, and whoever else I'm forgetting with Horde armbands on and joining the war on the Etherian front. So that's how I display them. They are an impressive sight. And I think the bios actually referenced something like that. So they have spies in my brain.

Incidentally I also merged the Rebellion with the NA heroes which creates another very diverse super team.

Oh, Slush Head. That's who I was forgetting.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    This is based on nothing other than what I find to personally be fun, so please don't take it as a real suggestion. But maybe you'll think it's fun too.

Ever since I think Optikk, because he was the first of the Mutants, I have been taking Horde Armbands off the figures they came with and putting them on Space Mutants.

Imagine Optikk, Karatti, Flogg, and whoever else I'm forgetting with Horde armbands on and joining the war on the Etherian front. So that's how I display them. They are an impressive sight. And I think the bios actually referenced something like that. So they have spies in my brain.

Incidentally I also merged the Rebellion with the NA heroes which creates another very diverse super team.

The bios did mention that!

"Before Skeletor passed through the Laser Gate and arrived in the Tri-Solar System, Flogg the Terrible was the commander of the Horde’s Denebrian Space mutant goon squad."

which makes all the NA mutants part of the horde
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

Cool man, that sounds pretty awesome.

Not as familiar with the New Adventures mutants so this is news to me. But it seems like the kind of thing the Horde would have in their ranks. I already inducted a few like Marzo, Draego-Man, and the Unnamed One for the Horde, might have to go cherry pick a few of the mutants as well.

Did Prahvus join the Evil Horde in his bio? I forget.

Regarding the Snake Men, it all depends which continuity you prefer.

I like the original mini-comic continuity, using elements of the Filmation storyline, where they were not sent to the Nameless Dimension and served Hordak until Hiss was freed, so I have Rattlor and Tung Lashor displayed with both the Horde (wearing armbands) and with Snake Men (featuring Tung's 200x inspired head and Rattlor's armor).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Did Prahvus join the Evil Horde in his bio? I forget.

Regarding the Snake Men, it all depends which continuity you prefer.

I like the original mini-comic continuity, using elements of the Filmation storyline, where they were not sent to the Nameless Dimension and served Hordak until Hiss was freed, so I have Rattlor and Tung Lashor displayed with both the Horde (wearing armbands) and with Snake Men (featuring Tung's 200x inspired head and Rattlor's armor).
    Too true. I guess for me since the ranks of the Snake men are a bit thinner than the Horde-going by characters not troopers- (UUUUUnless S7 wants to rerelease the Snake Men 2 pack in which case I'd gladly buy another 3 sets) I like to give the SM as many members as possible. The Horde has plenty.

Heroic Warrior
    You forgot Megagator from the pre-Eternia period. He fought for Hordak during the Great Wars. He was ressurrected as an undead by King Hsss to fight in the Second Ultimate Battleground.