Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC cardback interesting (useless) statistics

MOTUC cardback interesting (useless) statistics

Each month when I get my new MOTUC figures I:

1. rearrange all my figures including swapping heads, weapons, etc.

2. read (and discuss) the new bio(s)

3. play the guessing game of "Who's on the back?" with my son. Some make sense; others not so much.

I recently created a spreadsheet that tracks what figures are pictured on the back. At least once (can't remember on whom) BA He-Man was listed as He-Man (so counted as BA He-Man). If they only appear on 1 cardback it is their own (except Captain Glenn/Queen Marlena which appear on their opposite & Rattlor does not appear on his cardback). I even included the figures shown on the back of the weapons paks, the Weapon Rack & the Mo-Larr vs. Skeletor set.
    * Note regarding the Castle Grayskull box - just listed the figures shown on the back, not the artwork nor the castle features pictures. So Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress do not get credit. But the Zoar shown on the back is creditting the one that comes with the Sorceress since it came with armor and a stand as pictured. Also, Castle Grayskull, the Wind Raider, the Weapons Rack and the Jet Sled are also pictured on the back, but not included in this list since they are not characters.*
    "0" - listing characters that have not appeared on the card back, but have been released.
    Here are the results:

* note - I did these while looking off of the Mattycollector site and other sources *

51 - Skeletor
    47 - He-Man
    39 - Man-at-Arms
    35 - Hordak
    29 - Beast Man
    27 - Mer-Man
    26 - Teela
    21 - Webstor
    19 - Stratos
    18 - Grizzlor / Scareglow
    17 - Bow / King Randor / Tri-Klops / Zodac
    15 - Battle Armor He-Man / Faker / She-Ra / Trap Jaw
    14 - Green Goddess, The / King Grayskull redeco / Leech / Moss Man / Princess Adora / Shadow Weaver
    13 - Catra / Evil-Lyn / He-Ro
    12 - Zodak
    11 - King Grayskull
    10 - King Hssss / Orko
    9 - Buzz-Off / Hurricane Hordak / Optikk / Roboto
    8 - Whiplash
    7 - Frosta / Glimmer / Horde Prime / Mighty Spector, The
    6 - Clawful / Eternian Palace Guards / Icarius / Keldor / Kobra Khan / Man-E-Faces / Netossa / Slush Head
    5 - Battle Armor Skeletor / Bubble Power She-Ra / Chief Carnivus / Fisto / Mosquitor / Preternia Disguise He-Man / Ram Man / Snake Man-at-Arms
    4 - Count Marzo / Draego-Man / He-Man: Galactic Protector / Horde Troopers / Karatti / Octavia / Snout Spout / Stinkor / Wun-Dar
    3 - Battle Cat / Battleground Teela / Castaspella / Eternos Palace King Randor / Faceless One / Fang Man / Jewelstar / Jitsu / King He-Man / Mekaneck / Prince Adam / Queen Marlena / Rattlor / Sir Laser Lot / Sorceress / Snake Face / Snake Men / Spirit of Hordak / Starla / Tallstar / Thunder Punch He-Man
    2 - Captain Glenn / Demo-Man / Dragon Blaster Skeletor / Fearless Photog / Flutterina / Granamyr / Gygor / Mantenna / Scorpia / Sea Hawk / Sky High / Spikor / Strobo / Sy-Klone / Temple of Darkness Sorceress / Unnamed One / Vikor
    1 - Batros / Battle Lion / Battleground Evil-Lyn / Blade / Broom / Castle Grayskullman / Clamp Champ / Cy-Chop / Dawg-o-Tor / Dekker / Ditztroyer / Double Mischief / Eldor / Entrapta / Etherian Invasion (Filmation) Hordak / Extendar / Flogg / Geldor / Griffin / Goat Man / Hydron / Icer / Light Hope / Loo-Kee / Lord Dactus / Kowl (Filmation) / Madam Razz / Megator / Modulok / Nepthu / Panthor / Plundor / Procrustus / Rio Blast / Rokkon / Sea Hawk / Shadow Beast / Shield Maiden Sherrilyn / Shokoti / Skeletor: Intergalactic Overlord of Evil / Standor / Stonedar / Strong-Or / Sweet Bee / Swiftwind / Two Bad / Tytus / Vykron / Zoar (Sorceress)
    0 - Cringer / Darkling / Fang / Glory Bird / Imp / Kowl / Screeech / Zoar (Teela) / Zoar (TOD)
    Last edited by Zargon; August 8, 2014 at 01:48pm.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Statistics, even useless ones, are awesome. Thanks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Statistics, even useless ones, are awesome. Thanks!
    Thanks. I was starting to think that they were not only useless, but pointless since no one was commenting.....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    No it just goes to show your caption "Obsessed with MOTUC" is no joke. Interesting, to say the least though.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Thanks. I was starting to think that they were not only useless, but pointless since no one was commenting.....
    Nah, it's interesting enough... just not much else to say about it.
    Bill :: guitargod694

I found this very interesting as well. Also u can see pics of TP He-Man's card back on TNI NYTF pics and Khan and Draego Man's card backs and bios are here on the org! I tried posting the lists of who was on them yesterday but obviously they didn't take!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Isn't it weird that Skeletor shows up MORE than He-Man? The Cartoons are Usually called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I love useless trivia!

The six figures on Thunder Punch He-Man's cardback are:

Thunder Punch He-Man
    Roboto
    Teela
    Man-E-Faces
    Fisto
    Chief Carnivus

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I love useless trivia!

The six figures on Thunder Punch He-Man's cardback are:

Thunder Punch He-Man
    Roboto
    Teela
    Man-E-Faces
    Fisto
    Chief Carnivus
    Thanks for the info RocketPunch & bribri4u - I will look for those and update accordingly.

Thank you for this miscellaneous information that I'd be unable to share with non MOTUC fans. Who'd have thought as previously mentioned that Skells shows up
    More than he-man?

Updated with Thunder Punch He-Man, Kobra Khan, and Draego-Man. Skeletor is still the most popular!

Guess this should now be called:

SKELETOR
    AND THE
    MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

But He-Man wins if you add He-Man, BA He-Man, PD He-Man, TP He-Man & Prince Adam (47) over Skeletor, BA Skeletor & Keldor (39)....
    Last edited by Zargon; February 17, 2012 at 10:21am.

I also did a rather odd cardback statistic...

How many times each character released has been mentioned in other character's bios. (This can tell who the most "talked about" character is )

I didn't count if they were mentioned in their own bio...

Skeletor wins again

32 - Skeletor
    26 - Hordak
    17 - King Randor, King Grayskull
    11 - He-Man
    10 - Keldor
    9 - King Hssss
    8 - Man-At-Arms; Evil-Lyn; Sorceress, He-Ro
    7 - She-Ra
    5 - Princess Adora
    3 - The Goddess
    2 - Beast Man; Tri-Klops; Zodak; Teela; Demo-Man
    1 - Faker; Zodac; Battle Armor He-Man; Tytus; Count Marzo; Whiplash; Gygor; Clawful; Megator; Man-E-Faces; Queen Marlena; Swiftwind; Kobra Khan
    0 - Stratos; Mer-Man; Webstor; Scareglow; Battle Cat; Trap Jaw; Wun-Dar; Moss Man; Optikk; Orko; Roboto; Grizzlor; Mo-Larr; Royal Palace Guards; Chief Carnivus; Buzz-Off; Shadow Beast; Vikor; Bow; Battle Armor Skeletor; Preternia Disguise He-Man; Panthor; Sy-Klone; Catra; Battleground Teela; The Faceless One; Captain Glenn; Hurricane Hordak; Leech; Icarius; Bubble Power She-Ra; Snout Spout; Battleground Evil-Lyn; The Star Sisters; Temple of Darkness Sorceress; Fearless Photog; Fisto; Shadow Weaver; Draego-Man; Thunder Punch He-Man
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; February 22, 2012 at 06:01am. Reason: Updated with Preternia Bio

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Isn't it weird that Skeletor shows up MORE than He-Man? The Cartoons are Usually called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
    Awesome stats. But do you count BA He-Man as He-Man. B/c if you do He-Man is on 40 different cardbacks.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, Skeletor and the Masters of the Universe it is, then!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I also did a rather odd cardback statistic...

How many times each character released has been mentioned in other character's bios. (This can tell who the most "talked about" character is )

I didn't count if they were mentioned in their own bio...

Skeletor wins again

32 - Skeletor
    26 - Hordak
    17 - King Randor
    16 - King Grayskull
    11 - He-Man
    10 - Keldor
    8 - Man-At-Arms; Evil-Lyn; King Hssss; Sorceress
    7 - He-Ro; She-Ra
    5 - Princess Adora
    3 - The Goddess
    2 - Beast Man; Tri-Klops; Zodak; Teela; Demo-Man
    1 - Faker; Zodac; Battle Armor He-Man; Tytus; Count Marzo; Whiplash; Gygor; Clawful; Megator; Man-E-Faces; Queen Marlena; Swiftwind; Kobra Khan
    0 - Stratos; Mer-Man; Webstor; Scareglow; Battle Cat; Trap Jaw; Wun-Dar; Moss Man; Optikk; Orko; Roboto; Grizzlor; Mo-Larr; Royal Palace Guards; Chief Carnivus; Buzz-Off; Shadow Beast; Vikor; Bow; Battle Armor Skeletor; Preternia Disguise He-Man; Panthor; Sy-Klone; Catra; Battleground Teela; The Faceless One; Captain Glenn; Hurricane Hordak; Leech; Icarius; Bubble Power She-Ra; Snout Spout; Battleground Evil-Lyn; The Star Sisters; Temple of Darkness Sorceress; Fearless Photog; Fisto; Shadow Weaver; Draego-Man; Thunder Punch He-Man
    Very interesting....

I find all of these statistics interesting, even if they aren't particularly useful. Its interesting to see how little He-Man is mentioned in the bios. This time next year, these statistics will be greatly different with the plethora of cardback appearances and bio mentions of:

The Mighty Spector!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

There would be no He-man to fight evil, if evil did not exist..........

Updated through Stinkor....

Kinda shocked that Mer-Man & Moss Man are not on his cardback or even Beast Man and/or Tri-Klops....

Updated through Slush Head & The Mighty Spector....
    Last edited by Zargon; March 28, 2012 at 03:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Updated with Thunder Punch He-Man, Kobra Khan, and Draego-Man. Skeletor is still the most popular!

Guess this should now be called:

SKELETOR
    AND THE
    MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

But He-Man wins if you add He-Man, BA He-Man, PD He-Man, TP He-Man & Prince Adam (47) over Skeletor, BA Skeletor & Keldor (39)....
    I count the variants as an appearance, as when I total up my figures, any figure that has a variant or is a double counts only as one (so I have a few sets of palace guards so they are counted as four unique characters because the heads) I have 4 shadow beasts but counted only as one in terms of a character.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Updated through Griffin, Horde Prime and Snake Man-at-Arms. Has anyone seen Vykron's cardback yet?

Updated through Griffin, Horde Prime and Snake Man-at-Arms. Has anyone seen Vykron's cardback yet?
    Yup. There's a whole thread on the topic.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I love this thread! good job Zargon! I always wander how they choose the figures to be displayed at the cardback Now I wander why snake MAA is surrounded by Horde members???

Has every figure appeared at least once on a cardback?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Has every figure appeared at least once on a cardback?
    Not Cringer. Otherwise at least once on the back of their own card.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Yup. There's a whole thread on the topic.
    I didn't see the cardback, just the bio in that thread. Thanks.

Updated through Vykron.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Very....Very.... Interesting INDEED !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !