Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guesses On What Mattel Will Be Doing To Celebrate Vintage MOTU Later In The Year?

Guesses On What Mattel Will Be Doing To Celebrate Vintage MOTU Later In The Year?

I can't remember where I read/heard this, but after some folks were voicing their disappointment that the 30th anniversary line-up didn't really celebrate the history of MOTU, I thought Toyguru said something about Mattel having some annoucements later in the year that are specifically about the vintage line.

What do you think they have up their sleeves? Maybe something relating to the SDCC exclusive this summer?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I know it's unrealistic and some have beat through the dead horse and are now just pounding the ground, but the ideal way to celebrate the 30th would be Castle Greyskull.

But since I know that isn't happening, I have no idea.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    What do you think they have up their sleeves?
    A figure made with "banana peels and old cardboard" !

More than likely, the "guess-who-got-our-money" dance! I personally more excited with each announcement.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

I think we will see more licensed material like t-shirts and statues/art

I mean we already had those art prints and art book at SDCC in prior years, we have these Funko items now, and I am seeing more He-Man/MOTU t-shirts in Previews being solicited.

So hopefully we can get some statues or the mini-masters to celebrate in style with a lot of variety
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Court Magician Sentinelgrayskull's Avatar
    Based completely on Toy Guru's excellent, amazing ideas.....

I believe he will announce at SDCC that this year's subscription is officially the 30th anniversary subscription since its the final year of MOTU classics.

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    More than likely, the "guess-who-got-our-money" dance! I personally more excited with each announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelgrayskull View Post

I believe he will announce at SDCC that this year's subscription is officially the 30th anniversary subscription since its the final year of MOTU classics.
    Well that would s**k!

I do think we'll hear more about the Mini Master at SDCC but I doubt they will be out before 2013.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man retrospective pack featuring Torak head, Alcala head, and maybe a third alternate head including a mini diorama to pose him in.

Filmation pack with Hordak in blue with one or two of his transformations and a fully articulated Imp accessory like the Orko/Adam pack.

Concept pack featuring one or more Mattel owned concepts as of yet unused.

Heroic Warrior
    I want an Alcala and a true vintage toy head

New media!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    New media!
    That would be the ultimate 30th Ann. surprise, a new cartoon, comic, and/or movie.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Filmation pack with Hordak in blue with one or two of his transformations and a fully articulated Imp accessory like the Orko/Adam pack.
    I would LOVE this! It would make a perfect SDCC exclusive! We can dream, right?!

I imagine Mattel and Classic Media will put together some new features for the 30th Anniversary He-Man DVDs too.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

To commemorate the 30th anniversary Mattel could commission one of the vintage artists to do vast epic posters.
    The three best artists (no Alcala unfortunately) that have a long and great history with MOTU are Rudy Obrero, Earl Norem, and Mark Texeira. These poster prints could be offered at different price points 13x19, 17x22, and 24x36.

Scott has been doing some pretty neat PR reaching out to fans recently.
    (I am exited to see Toy Masters later this year- even though it looks pretty divisive). Would Scott be able to get Mark Taylor, Ted Meyer, and Roger Sweet together at Power-Con (or separate?) or would that be a train wreck?
    That would be so awesome if those three would be there. This would be a major coup for Mattel (or PowerCon).

On the Filmation front, posters of the excellent background art could be reproduced for fans as backdrops for toys or posters.

I hope Val and Emiliano will be approached at some point to do something this anniversary year. If not, I will be excited to shake their hands for all they have done for the franchise through the years- both as work for hire and a tremendous amount of research, preservation, and volunteer work.. Thanks!

Not to be overly pragmatic, but nothing in terms of MOTUC.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    To commemorate the 30th anniversary Mattel could commission one of the vintage artists to do vast epic posters.
    The three best artists (no Alcala unfortunately) that have a long and great history with MOTU are Rudy Obrero, Earl Norem, and Mark Texeira. These poster prints could be offered at different price points 13x19, 17x22, and 24x36.

Scott has been doing some pretty neat PR reaching out to fans recently.
    (I am exited to see Toy Masters later this year- even though it looks pretty divisive). Would Scott be able to get Mark Taylor, Ted Meyer, and Roger Sweet together at Power-Con (or separate?) or would that be a train wreck?
    That would be so awesome if those three would be there. This would be a major coup for Mattel (or PowerCon).

On the Filmation front, posters of the excellent background art could be reproduced for fans as backdrops for toys or posters.

I hope Val and Emiliano will be approached at some point to do something this anniversary year. If not, I will be excited to shake their hands for all they have done for the franchise through the years- both as work for hire and a tremendous amount of research, preservation, and volunteer work.. Thanks!
    Scott attempted to paint them as fall guys for the 200X debacle regardless of the fact it was MVC that backed out seeing the writing on the wall. Both Val and Emil have the creative roles Scott likely wishes were his in the properties history. Val and Emil are both long over due for some kind of thank you from Mattel and Scott but sadly it looks as though that may never come.

As for Taylor, Meyer, and Sweet- would you want to work with Mattel after they snub you once again with the 30th Anniversary series?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Val and Emil are both long over due for some kind of thank you from Mattel and Scott but sadly it looks as though that may never come.

As for Taylor, Meyer, and Sweet- would you want to work with Mattel after they snub you once again with the 30th Anniversary series?
    Well, at least we have the great Geoff Johns to help continue the 30th celebration.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like all the toy prototypes from the different MOTU lines: (He-Ro, Eldor, Darius, Mara, Gleanons, Galactimytes and Star Sisters) in their vintage toy style/sculpt and packaging so those collections can finally be complete. It might be a dream, but it would be an AMAZING thing to do for MOTU's 30th. Finishing off the toys from the previous toy lines. Toyguru said the 30th was all about completing Mattel promises (like the 3 part mini-comic, for example). These figures were promised as "Coming Soon!" but never came.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah, I'm ignorant and I forgot about that. I kinda remember that they were pretty much not paid what they should, or not given royalties. Glut is still bent at Mattel.
    Oh well, there's PowerCon and many of those artists/writers will be there.

Concept art of Grayskull will be shown with an announcement of a pre-order for a Q4 2013 release if enough sell.

Commemorative PoP series?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Retail release of the Mighty Spector?
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Now that we have seen Sir lazer lot we are going to learn of a new villain with awesome side to side motion called MC Slammer.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    They need to announce a new Tv series. He-man has to be brought to the main stream so new fans can come aboard. Let's be honest, we are getting old.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelgrayskull View Post

This is the final year?