Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Guesses On What Mattel Will Be Doing To Celebrate Vintage MOTU Later In The Year?

  1. #1
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,801

    Guesses On What Mattel Will Be Doing To Celebrate Vintage MOTU Later In The Year?

    I can't remember where I read/heard this, but after some folks were voicing their disappointment that the 30th anniversary line-up didn't really celebrate the history of MOTU, I thought Toyguru said something about Mattel having some annoucements later in the year that are specifically about the vintage line.

    What do you think they have up their sleeves? Maybe something relating to the SDCC exclusive this summer?

  2. #2
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,003
    I know it's unrealistic and some have beat through the dead horse and are now just pounding the ground, but the ideal way to celebrate the 30th would be Castle Greyskull.

    But since I know that isn't happening, I have no idea.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.


    Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,862
    What do you think they have up their sleeves?
    A figure made with "banana peels and old cardboard" !

  4. #4
    Mistress of Meteorbs rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    3,671
    More than likely, the "guess-who-got-our-money" dance! I personally more excited with each announcement.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

  5. #5
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,618
    I think we will see more licensed material like t-shirts and statues/art

    I mean we already had those art prints and art book at SDCC in prior years, we have these Funko items now, and I am seeing more He-Man/MOTU t-shirts in Previews being solicited.

    So hopefully we can get some statues or the mini-masters to celebrate in style with a lot of variety
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  6. #6
    Court Magician Sentinelgrayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Culver City, California
    Posts
    39
    Based completely on Toy Guru's excellent, amazing ideas.....

    I believe he will announce at SDCC that this year's subscription is officially the 30th anniversary subscription since its the final year of MOTU classics.
    27

  7. #7
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,801
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    More than likely, the "guess-who-got-our-money" dance! I personally more excited with each announcement.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Slave2Evil_Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelgrayskull View Post
    Based completely on Toy Guru's excellent, amazing ideas.....

    I believe he will announce at SDCC that this year's subscription is officially the 30th anniversary subscription since its the final year of MOTU classics.
    Well that would s**k!

    I do think we'll hear more about the Mini Master at SDCC but I doubt they will be out before 2013.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    He-Man retrospective pack featuring Torak head, Alcala head, and maybe a third alternate head including a mini diorama to pose him in.

    Filmation pack with Hordak in blue with one or two of his transformations and a fully articulated Imp accessory like the Orko/Adam pack.

    Concept pack featuring one or more Mattel owned concepts as of yet unused.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    I want an Alcala and a true vintage toy head

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    706
    New media!

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Slave2Evil_Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    New media!
    That would be the ultimate 30th Ann. surprise, a new cartoon, comic, and/or movie.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

  13. #13
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Filmation pack with Hordak in blue with one or two of his transformations and a fully articulated Imp accessory like the Orko/Adam pack.
    I would LOVE this! It would make a perfect SDCC exclusive! We can dream, right?!

    I imagine Mattel and Classic Media will put together some new features for the 30th Anniversary He-Man DVDs too.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior mollusc herald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    175
    To commemorate the 30th anniversary Mattel could commission one of the vintage artists to do vast epic posters.
    The three best artists (no Alcala unfortunately) that have a long and great history with MOTU are Rudy Obrero, Earl Norem, and Mark Texeira. These poster prints could be offered at different price points 13x19, 17x22, and 24x36.

    Scott has been doing some pretty neat PR reaching out to fans recently.
    (I am exited to see Toy Masters later this year- even though it looks pretty divisive). Would Scott be able to get Mark Taylor, Ted Meyer, and Roger Sweet together at Power-Con (or separate?) or would that be a train wreck?
    That would be so awesome if those three would be there. This would be a major coup for Mattel (or PowerCon).

    On the Filmation front, posters of the excellent background art could be reproduced for fans as backdrops for toys or posters.

    I hope Val and Emiliano will be approached at some point to do something this anniversary year. If not, I will be excited to shake their hands for all they have done for the franchise through the years- both as work for hire and a tremendous amount of research, preservation, and volunteer work.. Thanks!

  15. #15
    Evil Sorcerer! Pravus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,697
    Not to be overly pragmatic, but nothing in terms of MOTUC.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    To commemorate the 30th anniversary Mattel could commission one of the vintage artists to do vast epic posters.
    The three best artists (no Alcala unfortunately) that have a long and great history with MOTU are Rudy Obrero, Earl Norem, and Mark Texeira. These poster prints could be offered at different price points 13x19, 17x22, and 24x36.

    Scott has been doing some pretty neat PR reaching out to fans recently.
    (I am exited to see Toy Masters later this year- even though it looks pretty divisive). Would Scott be able to get Mark Taylor, Ted Meyer, and Roger Sweet together at Power-Con (or separate?) or would that be a train wreck?
    That would be so awesome if those three would be there. This would be a major coup for Mattel (or PowerCon).

    On the Filmation front, posters of the excellent background art could be reproduced for fans as backdrops for toys or posters.

    I hope Val and Emiliano will be approached at some point to do something this anniversary year. If not, I will be excited to shake their hands for all they have done for the franchise through the years- both as work for hire and a tremendous amount of research, preservation, and volunteer work.. Thanks!
    Scott attempted to paint them as fall guys for the 200X debacle regardless of the fact it was MVC that backed out seeing the writing on the wall. Both Val and Emil have the creative roles Scott likely wishes were his in the properties history. Val and Emil are both long over due for some kind of thank you from Mattel and Scott but sadly it looks as though that may never come.

    As for Taylor, Meyer, and Sweet- would you want to work with Mattel after they snub you once again with the 30th Anniversary series?

  17. #17
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Val and Emil are both long over due for some kind of thank you from Mattel and Scott but sadly it looks as though that may never come.

    As for Taylor, Meyer, and Sweet- would you want to work with Mattel after they snub you once again with the 30th Anniversary series?
    Well, at least we have the great Geoff Johns to help continue the 30th celebration.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  18. #18
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,911
    I would like all the toy prototypes from the different MOTU lines: (He-Ro, Eldor, Darius, Mara, Gleanons, Galactimytes and Star Sisters) in their vintage toy style/sculpt and packaging so those collections can finally be complete. It might be a dream, but it would be an AMAZING thing to do for MOTU's 30th. Finishing off the toys from the previous toy lines. Toyguru said the 30th was all about completing Mattel promises (like the 3 part mini-comic, for example). These figures were promised as "Coming Soon!" but never came.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior mollusc herald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    As for Taylor, Meyer, and Sweet- would you want to work with Mattel after they snub you once again with the 30th Anniversary series?
    Yeah, I'm ignorant and I forgot about that. I kinda remember that they were pretty much not paid what they should, or not given royalties. Glut is still bent at Mattel.
    Oh well, there's PowerCon and many of those artists/writers will be there.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,843
    Concept art of Grayskull will be shown with an announcement of a pre-order for a Q4 2013 release if enough sell.

  21. #21
    Casual Fan slackrguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,399
    Commemorative PoP series?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

    If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

  22. #22
    I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    474
    Retail release of the Mighty Spector?
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

    Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

  23. #23
    Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    buffalo ny
    Posts
    729
    Now that we have seen Sir lazer lot we are going to learn of a new villain with awesome side to side motion called MC Slammer.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

  24. #24
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,289
    They need to announce a new Tv series. He-man has to be brought to the main stream so new fans can come aboard. Let's be honest, we are getting old.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

  25. #25
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelgrayskull View Post
    Based completely on Toy Guru's excellent, amazing ideas.....

    I believe he will announce at SDCC that this year's subscription is officially the 30th anniversary subscription since its the final year of MOTU classics.
    This is the final year?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •