Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.73!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.73!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 73 questions!

This round of questions were selected by FAKER II.
    Thanks to those fans for their help!

-------------------

1. slackrguy: Will the new saddle being introduced with the Griffin have a deeper indent for non-standard length loin cloths (i.e. King Grayskull, Hordak, Moss Man, etc.)?

No. It will have the same indention as Battle cat had as sculpted by the Horsemen.

2. krosfyah: If Granamyr is slated for a November/December release, can I ask why? Why not plan big releases for times of the year when there is less financial burden near the holiday season?

From Toy Guru:
    "Let me try and clear the air on this one. First off, we had originally planned on the WR (and Granamyr is planned for) a Sept release. Due to circumstances we could not control the WR was delayed twice and had to wind up shipping in Dec. So it is not like we purposely planned or due to "poor planning on out part" to make this a Dec item. The other thing to take into consideration (and this is NOT an attack on customers) but we did make it very clear the cost of the WR well in advance. If this was an item you wanted to buy, you had months to save up and stash away needed funds. It is not like this high prices item came out of no where and surprises people. At the end of the day, it just took too long to sell a very small number of units."

3. zodak74: When compared to the amount of accessories included in the Eternian Guard 2-pack, the Star Sisters had far less accessories per figure. Will we see future figure packs with more packed out accessories like the Guard 2-pack or will the Star Sisters 3-pack be closer to what will be done from here on out?

Some figures will have more, others less. There is not overarching rule. But the Star Sisters as a complete box set (as they were sold) included 10 accessories in total. Quite a lot.

4. masterenglish: Many fans are concerned about the new MOTUC white mailer boxes being way too snug and damaging the packaging for mint-on-card collectors. Is this new mailer a permanent change, or can the mint-on-card fans hope to once again see their figures shipped in the prior, damage-reducing white box?

We had the choice of adjusting the shipper boxes or reducing the deco and accessories for the figures. We went with the package change which we hope was the better option to reduce costs. The cost to produce MOTUC is just skyrocketing (raw material and labor) and we are often backed into a corner of increasing prices or finding ways to cost reduce. The last thing we want to do is reduce from the figure, so while this was our best option to keep costs down. Not ideal, but it almost never is.

5. RockinHard: How would poor sales of Granamyr affect the line going forward? How would it effect bigger items, such as a more popular playset like Castle Grayskull? Would it also effect the chance of getting vehicles like the Battle Ram and Land Shark?

Poor sales on Granamyr would likely mean we would not do any more giant dragons (or a repaint in green) and yes, it would be another strike against doing other larger items. This is why for new items like the Wind Raider and Granamyr are run at a very tiny quota to mitigate the risk.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 75!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 72.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 73 questions!

4. masterenglish: Many fans are concerned about the new MOTUC white mailer boxes being way too snug and damaging the packaging for mint-on-card collectors. Is this new mailer a permanent change, or can the mint-on-card fans hope to once again see their figures shipped in the prior, damage-reducing white box?

We had the choice of adjusting the shipper boxes or reducing the deco and accessories for the figures. We went with the package change which we hope was the better option to reduce costs. The cost to produce MOTUC is just skyrocketing (raw material and labor) and we are often backed into a corner of increasing prices or finding ways to cost reduce. The last thing we want to do is reduce from the figure, so while this was our best option to keep costs down. Not ideal, but it almost never is.

I am really curious how much this is saving them per figure? The box is barely an eighth of an inch smaller? If it is a new, cheaper cardboard for the box, then tell them to make it bigger, by an eighth of an inch. I have a dime in my pocket if that is the difference. Charge me an extra $.25 on my 2 subs to pay for the better box. Seriously?? I would hate to be an International Cherry Pickin' MOMC MOTUC collector right now. Life would not be good. Well if my figures dont come MOMC, then there is really no reason to keep one Mint on Bent Card, so I can cut my subs in half and only buy one. Long live MOTUC!

This is Mattel's Customer Alienation Tip number 948. Check back soon for an exciting reveal of Mattel's Customer Alienation Tip number 949 (or MCAT949)!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. krosfyah: If Granamyr is slated for a November/December release, can I ask why? Why not plan big releases for times of the year when there is less financial burden near the holiday season?

From Toy Guru:
    "Let me try and clear the air on this one. First off, we had originally planned on the WR (and Granamyr is planned for) a Sept release. Due to circumstances we could not control the WR was delayed twice and had to wind up shipping in Dec. So it is not like we purposely planned or due to "poor planning on out part" to make this a Dec item. The other thing to take into consideration (and this is NOT an attack on customers) but we did make it very clear the cost of the WR well in advance. If this was an item you wanted to buy, you had months to save up and stash away needed funds. It is not like this high prices item came out of no where and surprises people. At the end of the day, it just took too long to sell a very small number of units."
    That's what I'm saying... I keep reading all these people saying "we didn't have money, Mattel planned poorly" but I know I set aside the money and just kept it ear-marked until the WR came out. For anyone who couldn't do that, what would you have done if the WR had come out on time and you needed those funds? The only thing Mattel has done schedule-wise that really impacted customers' pocket books with no chance to plan was the Star Sisters switch. When you move items earlier or replace one with a more expensive one, it's understandable to get in a situation... but if a figure or item is delayed, go ahead and put a pending transaction in your register, or if you can't manage the money that way, withdraw the cash and redeposit it in the month the item(s) will actually see release. I know I'm going to get flamed, and I'm not trying to say I know everybody's situation, but anyone who acts like not being able to afford the WR in December was Mattel's fault should rethink the situation.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The price that was announced for a long time was $5 cheaper, for the Wind Raider. It jumped $5 closer to the sale date. The price hike could have turned people off. *shrugs* I still bought one, but was pretty peeved at the price hike.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

i hope Granamyr sells good i really want him in green..i will buy one in red to get one later in green lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Considering Granamyr is obviously much larger and more expensive than the WR, i'm assuming that the figure quota will be smaller again or will it be the same? Also, what kind of sell-out time are Mattel expecting given that, again, Granamyr is larger and more expensive?

I hope he does well, i'd love to see just one more vehicle - namely the Land Shark to even out the Heroic vs Evil battle - after that, i'm not worried if they make another vehicle or not.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The price that was announced for a long time was $5 cheaper, for the Wind Raider. It jumped $5 closer to the sale date. The price hike could have turned people off. *shrugs* I still bought one, but was pretty peeved at the price hike.
    But people still had a basic idea of what it would cost. It's not like it jumped in price by $15 or $20 or something like that. It's a reasonable amount that shouldn't be that hard to come by.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Court Magician
    I guess we know exactly how large Granamyr'll be since Scott said they'll use DragoMan's wings on him.
    --Brent

This is my first time posting. I didn't buy the Wind Raider, but not because of the price. I'm a MOC collector, and simply don't have the room. I wont be purchasing Granamyr for the same reason, but I've got to say, the whole, "If this was an item you wanted to buy, you had months to save up and stash away needed funds" really rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure most of us have kids. Chances are at Christmas time you more likely then not spend your money on your children and not yourself. Any extra money, (Wind Raider money included) would go to your kids. This comment just strikes me as blaming the fans and consumers, and not accepting any responsibility for the "circumstances we could not control". Maybe I'm the only one.
    Last edited by Zap Rowsdower; February 16, 2012 at 03:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i hope Granamyr sells good i really want him in green..i will buy one in red to get one later in green lol
    Same here. I really want the green repaint. You'd think even if he doesn't sell well they'd do the green repaint to recoup some of the costs and make more money out of the same sculpt. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    So he's a repaint if he were in green and not an entirely different SKU- that's some interesting news. Is anyone a bit confused as to how Draego's wings will be used for a figure that's supposedly as large as Granny? I get that Granamyr always had smaller wings compared to his body but in some instances of Filmation for example he had larger wings. I'd guess we'll get an explanation in the bio maybe about him having the ability to change his wingspan or altogether size?

Interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I had suggested eliminating the packaging alltogether or redesigning it to be more cost efficient to keep costs down, wasn't the response "That's no way to treat a MOTUC figure" on Mattycollector? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Some figures will have more, others less. There is not overarching rule. But the Star Sisters as a complete box set (as they were sold) included 10 accessories in total. Quite a lot.
    See, this is why I'm not sure if I want them to do 3-Packs anymore. It just seems like an excuse to skimp on accessories/parts and further save on costs by giving multiple characters the amount of attention that 1 oversized beast would get. This is particularly aggravating, because Jewelstar & Tallstar were the only two actual figures in the vintage POP toy line to be comparable to your Extendars, Ram-Mans, etc. of MOTU, which will no doubt be treated more respectfully. :/

Poor sales on Granamyr would likely mean we would not do any more giant dragons (or a repaint in green) and yes, it would be another strike against doing other larger items. This is why for new items like the Wind Raider and Granamyr are run at a very tiny quota to mitigate the risk.
    Truth be told... if the Granamyr we're getting looks nothing like the Alcala version and all they plan to do is repaint Filmation Granamyr green, then I have no interest in getting another one.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    From Toy Guru:
    "The other thing to take into consideration (and this is NOT an attack on customers) but we did make it very clear the cost of the WR well in advance. If this was an item you wanted to buy, you had months to save up and stash away needed funds. It is not like this high prices item came out of no where and surprises people."
    REALITY CHECK for Toy Guru!!!!

Scott, if you are reading this: maybe you should take the idea into consideration, that buying toys for ourselves for Xmas may not be every customers top priority! Granted, we knew that the Wind Raider was coming. Granted, we knew when it was coming. However, have you ever considered the idea, that the presents we decided to buy for our loved ones may have been a little more expensive than we planned when the WR was announced at SDCC in summer?
    I don't know how you go about it when you plan your finances/funds to buy Xmas presents, and it's a very personal thing to ask, so I'm not gonna ask you. However, let me tell you how I do it:
    I try to find something nice for my ma, dad, my girlfriend, my colleagues at work... etc.... That's the first step. The second step is I check out what it will cost me. The third step is I try to gather the funds. If I find something really nice for my girlfriend and it costs, say, $20 more than I originally had planned, what do you think I do? Of course I buy it for her because I love her and I don't care about the Wind Raider or Granamyr or the Battle Ram! I take the $20 from the funds I "stashed away" for the Wind Raider. Because giving is more precious than receiving, especially at Christmas.
    It's not like I say to myself "OK I have to make sure that the presents for my girlfriend, my ma and my dad won't cost more than $30in total so that I can get my Wind Raider! Mother wanted a new sewing machine? Screw her, I'm gonna buy her a tea cup instead! My girlfriend wanted a new snowboard? Screw her, I'm gonna buy her a nice little handkerchief! I'll save so much money and the Wind Raider will be mine! Muahahahahaha [maniacal laughter]"

Seriously, Scott, this argument of yours is just stupid and has nothing to do with the reality of the world we live in!
    If I have extra funds around Xmas, they go to my loved ones and not to an extra Wind Raider!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    "This is why for new items like the Wind Raider and Granamyr are run at a very tiny quota to mitigate the risk."

Why would you spend a lot of money on tooling a figure that big, and not produce an abundance of them? Isn't the idea to earn back what you lost on tooling plus a profit? I think you guys spend way too much time focusing on the risk... They will sell!!! Not as fast as you may want, but they will sell.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post

Scott, if you are reading this: maybe you should take the idea into consideration, that buying toys for ourselves for Xmas may not be every customers top priority! Granted, we knew that the Wind Raider was coming. Granted, we knew when it was coming. However, have you ever considered the idea, that the presents we decided to buy for our loved ones may have been a little more expensive than we planned when the WR was announced at SDCC in summer?
    I don't know how you go about it when you plan your finances/funds to buy Xmas presents, and it's a very personal thing to ask, so I'm not gonna ask you. However, let me tell you how I do it:
    I try to find something nice for my ma, dad, my girlfriend, my colleagues at work... etc.... That's the first step. The second step is I check out what it will cost me. The third step is I try to gather the funds. If I find something really nice for my girlfriend and it costs, say, $20 more than I originally had planned, what do you think I do? Of course I buy it for her because I love her and I don't care about the Wind Raider or Granamyr or the Battle Ram! I take the $20 from the funds I "stashed away" for the Wind Raider. Because giving is more precious than receiving, especially at Christmas.
    It's not like I say to myself "OK I have to make sure that the presents for my girlfriend, my ma and my dad won't cost more than $30in total so that I can get my Wind Raider! Mother wanted a new sewing machine? Screw her, I'm gonna buy her a tea cup instead! My girlfriend wanted a new snowboard? Screw her, I'm gonna buy her a nice little handkerchief! I'll save so much money and the Wind Raider will be mine! Muahahahahaha [maniacal laughter]"

Seriously, Scott, this argument of yours is just stupid and has nothing to do with the reality of the world we live in!
    If I have extra funds around Xmas, they go to my loved ones and not to an extra Wind Raider!
    So, since you explained the way you do your spending... if the WR had come out on time, you would have spent that stashed money, so would you have had to say "screw everyone" anyway? By your own description and logic, you wouldn't have had the money to spend on others because you were "selfish" earlier... see how TG's argument makes sense?

Okay, I found the response on the packaging from the end of August 2011; just less than 6 months ago. And while it's not exactly totally ruling out the option of reducing the packaging in a hypothetical desperate time, it's a little confusing because 1) We're not there yet. 2) They already raised the prices on the day of figures/going forward in 2013 (isn't this supposed to be offsetting the rising costs?)

Not that I care about the packaging. Just think it's kind of funny how quickly it became an option to potentially ruin a MOC presentation in a not-so-desperate time. Maybe I'm missing something, though.

There has been a lot of rumbling lately by the "armchair toy manufacturers" suggesting that Mattel cut down on the MOTUC packaging as a cost saving method.

Can you put these suggestions to bed please? Your MOC collector community is extremely grateful that MOTUC has remained a uniform package since 2008.

Sure we could throw the figs in a polly bag and call it a day, but that is just no way to treat a MOTU fig.

If it ever came down to it and this was the ONLY way to keep the line going we might consider it, but to put rumors to rest, the line is doing just fine. Just because we are not ready to grow the brand the next step (i.e. playsets) doesn't mean the current offering of figures and beasts/muyltipacks isn't going great. Based on the current sales numbers we feel we are right where we want to be in terms of number of skus and price points (although we may make a slight tweak in 2013 especially if we need to slightly raise prices).

We never want to over produce or go too fast. We want the line to continue for many many years so we are very aware of keeping the line affordable for the bulk of our customers.

bummer about the saddle, I was hoping to give those guys a little better riding posture.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar

I think while yes you would try to hold funds for months in anticipation. Matty underminded that with repeated supersales. Whether it was Mad Matty or the Black Friday blood letting. Who is going to pass up on Man At Arms or Teela for a Wind Raider especially when we had maybe missed it the first time. As a collector we have to try to mitigate loss and spend efficiently too. We can't go on amazon and spend 90 bucks on MAA when the opportunity to get him for 15 comes up. I personally spent sick amounts of money in october and november still purchased the wind raider because of a well timed bonus. I was lucky to really have a shot to do it. If i was stuck with 100 dollars outside of my subscription i would have bought the super cheap deals we never saw coming from black friday (not that I minded, I really made out on that sale). So to pass the buck on this save money crap is kinda ludacris. I am glad to see that despite your feelings the Wind Raider will rerelease again so we have another opportunity at it. I am going to guess that the sales will be better as long as DR shapes up and more people are not questioning their decision to commit to the line. Yesterday did not go very well on the site for me as something with DR triggered a bank blockage of my card causing my account to be frozen. spent a half hour on the phone with the bank but only could get my lion set. If i had not subscribed maybe that would not have happened. I want to buy things but DR is making it extremely tough sometimes. Hopefully when this 90 percent improvement for DR happens you will draw the ones who left back to the line but passing the blame on us is ridiculous.

And for those who might ask. Yes I spoil the heck out of my family. They always come first. I was very lucky with the timing of a bonus at work or i would be with the 99 percent that cannot afford to buy all this stuff. But just got annoyed with the you knew it was coming you could have saved crap. I know this year if the same thing happened I would have to make different choices.
    Last edited by audman; February 16, 2012 at 10:11am.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    So, since you explained the way you do your spending... if the WR had come out on time, you would have spent that stashed money, so would you have had to say "screw everyone" anyway? By your own description and logic, you wouldn't have had the money to spend on others because you were "selfish" earlier... see how TG's argument makes sense?
    You are totally missing some rather important points here.
    First of all, had the WR come out in September, I still would have had October-December to save money for Xmas presents.

Second, you're ignoring that I was talking about priorities in my original post. I always have some money stashed away in case some extra expenses come up. An extra beautiful Xmas present for the people I love is something that I would spend my savings on.
    A second WR to sit on the shelf with my first WR is not.

You are misinterpreting what I'm trying to say (maybe due to the language barrier, I'm not a native speaker of English).

So are you folks going to support this SDCC Wind Raider 'test', in the hopes of it leading to more vehicles and getting us to the point of making playsets possible again, or are you throwing your hands up?

I know this is going to be very redundant of mjharwood's post, but I have to agree with what he said... what would you have done if the Wind Raider would have come out on time in September?

Had the Wind Raider come out in Sept. and you bought it, that money would be gone. If you were to spend more on your family than you had originally planned as described above, you would still have to come up with additional funds, and the Wind Raider funds would be gone. So how would you go about it in that case? You don't actually have to answer the question... I'm not trying to probe you for info about your personal finances, but I'm making a point about how those funds would be gone had the Wind Raider come out on schedule, and then you still ended up overspending on your family and friends.

The reality of that matter is that this is more of a mental thing than anything else with people. If FEELS like you are spending more when many things hit at one time when some things get delayed and end up coming out at the same time as other items are coming out and/or other expendatures are happening, but in reality all that is happening is that you are spending money that in-part you would have already spent well in advance had the delays not occurred. It makes no sense to be able to have the funds in September and not be able to simply ear mark them off to the side when the item is delayed until December. The funds would have been gone had the item come out in September, and they wouldn't have been there to reallocate them for Christmas gifts or anything else if the delay had never occurred.

Dynamo, I've answered the question above, post #19

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    So are you folks going to support this SDCC Wind Raider 'test', in the hopes of it leading to more vehicles and getting us to the point of making playsets possible again, or are you throwing your hands up?
    I 'morally' support it, if that makes any sense. I hope that anyone who missed out last time for whatever reason and/or those who previously got one but would like additional ones buy them up. I have no intension of buying one at that time since I already got one back in December. I don't want/need multiple Wind Raiders, and I'm running low on space for my collection as it is. I support this line as it is by being pretty much completest with it. I have at least 1 of each item released so far (with some gray areas.... i.e. I have 3 He-Ros each with a different color staff, but only the Matty versions and not the SDCC version with the SDCC logo on his chest.... and with Marlena, I just got 2 Captain Glenns from Matty to display her in both forms and didn't get the SDCC version since I was opening them and the only real difference was the packaging), and I will only buy extras of figures/items that I actually want multiples of for one reason or another. I'm not going to buy additional duplicates of items that I only want/need one of just to 'support' more items being made later. If we have to do that ('pad' the numbers of current items to get more items made), then it means that the demand isn't truly there to support those other items, and they either shouldn't be produced, or they may as well just produce them and charge a higher price on them. Not that I want to pay more, but if either way I'm going to have to spend money that I don't want to spend (either on duplicates of items that I don't want, or as an additional higher cost to produce a bigger, unique item and sell it at a price that makes it at least reasonably profitable given the amount of support truly available for it) then they may as well charge me the higher cost on the other item since I'm going to have to spend that money either way and at least this guarantees me the unique item, while buying extras of current items doesn't necessarily guarantee the production of future unique items (i.e. Castle Grayskull).

I had money saved up to buy Sorceress and Photog in January. When they got moved to February, I simply put that money with my Fisto money and bought all three yesterday. It's not really a difficult thing to do.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

You are totally missing some rather important points here.
    First of all, had the WR come out in September, I still would have had October-December to save money for Xmas presents.
    But that's the point... if you were already capable of "stashing away" extra funds from October through December if you had already spent the money on the Wind Raider in September, then there's no reason why you shouldn't have been able to stash those same additional extra funds away during October - December while still separately keeping the money for the Wind Raider off to the side.

This is what I meant when I said it's a "mental thing". Rather than looking at the Wind Raider money as "money already spent" and then planning accordingly for everything else, you let the fact that you still had that money in hand to effect your judgement and you chose not to make it more of a point to stash as much additional money away as you would have had the Wind Raider simply came out sooner.

You are misinterpreting what I'm trying to say (maybe due to the language barrier, I'm not a native speaker of English).
    There's no language barrier problem here at all. It's all rather clear.