Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.75 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.75 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by slackrguy.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. grenadaspice: If you make an Oo-Larr, could you use Vikor, Sy-Klone or King Grayskull's face sculpt to help set him apart from the other He-Man face sculpt-sharing figures?

2. sailoruranus: Given how badly things like Hurricane Hordak's vac-metal armor and Snout Spout's foam trunk have performed, are you going to find a way to fix this moving forward? It doesn't add much if it flakes/breaks ruining the entire figure.

3. oICEMANo: We've seen Barbie and Ken in Toy Story. If another Toy Story movie were to be made could we see Classics He-Man and Skeletor in it?

4. lovelikewinter: The Alcala Skeletor head met with great acclaim. Is there any chance we could see that as the head used for future Skeletor variants (i.e. Dragon Blaster or Terror Claws)?

5. zodak74: Is it possible to get Horde Prime's staff released with the Horde Troopers as one of their weapons, if and when they are released? It is such a cool weapon and it would be a shame to see this thing completely lost!

--------------

So ask those questions!

Movie mayhem!
    Frosta looks great, and I understand why she is coming with the accessories she is coming with. That said, MANY fans were hoping that she might come with some sort of Ice Blast or ice effect. Is this possible in a weapons pack? Or is it possible to replace the shield with this and then put the shield in the weapons pack as a recolor if the weapons pack is just going to be recolored weapons. Another idea would be to have the shield be transparent blue. I think something like this would really put Frosta over the top and more appealing to those who maybe on the fence. Also is it possible to put a dark metalic blue wash on her belt to bring out the detail?

Can we perhaps see a preorder system for playlets and vehicles, much like you're doing with the BTTF Hoverboard?

Heroic Warrior
    In regards to Two-Badd , the 200x series story having Tuvar and Baddhra merged together to form Two-Badd , are those characters on the table for release in Classics ?

Will Spikor's removeable Trident be interchangeable with the Trap Jaw/Roboto/Hurricane Hordak parts?

I know she was just revealed, but is there any word on Frosta's leg articulation? Since her boots are up to her thighs, it doesn't seem like she will have calf articulation. Can you please ensure that she uses the old-style Teela legs with the upper thigh articulation? Otherwise she'll have very limited movement in her legs; a problem that was seen with the Star Sisters.

Was part of the reason for the removal of certain accessories (Draego-Man's weapons, Horde Prime's staff, Spector's whip, etc.) partly due to the fact that subscription prices had to remain at the 2008 prices because the subs went on sale prior to the price increase? Meaning, if the sub prices were also increased, would we be seeing these accessories?

Over three years with MOTUC and you guys can't calculate quantitys right, so the items wont sell out in few hours.
    Was this Sorceress and Fisto Sold Out fiasco intentional, cause this really is not what fans want?
    And will this maddness continue through 2012?

A little more polite version:
    Are these minute/ hour sellouts really what Matty wants for MOTUC?
    How this is possible after three years that there isn't enough quantity for a sale date?
    Last edited by Tuukka; February 20, 2012 at 11:30pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    In an episode of She-Ra, Horde Prime was celebrating his birthday and Hordak metioned that HP had 2 of everything, including 2 heads. Now, I know he'S coming with the helmet wearable head & The UK comic head, so one could say that is a coincidental nod to that line from She-Ra. However, was the thought of making HP a 2 headed character thrown into the thinking process when creating him?

Could you guesstimate on how much more the price of the standard figure would have be in order to keep the pace with parts and labor at the level that they were at from the beginning of MOTUC?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    My question is would Matty ever consider doing flat monthly payment instead of a by figure basis. For example
    $510 (total fixed cost of the 2012 MOTUC subscription)
    /12 (months in the year)
    =42.5 equal monthly payments, regardless of figures shipped, + the shipping

Making it so the customers had a more fixed amount each month for there budgets and leaving only the shipping as the variable
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

If MOTUC were to end prematurely would Mattel admit the company's role in that? The QC issues, Digital River's ineptness, the recent delays, cost increase vs perceived value etc. These issues could cost subscriptions which we know by now, gives the line life. While I personally, am happy with the line overall, to blame the fanbase for not supporting the line just wouldn't be completely accurate.

First off Thank for all your work you doing in this line,I appreciated everything you made so far....I'd like to know what is the Mattel's purpose, are they going to make all vintage characters first and close the line?without a complete making of the NA and POP characters?
    Many Na characters is missing in the line and many vintage characters are running out .I just hope they will make all na and pop characters

whats is the chance to put on the cardback the upcoming figures instead the figures that we already have or at least half/half because i dont feel it like Collect them all if i have it already
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Toyguru looking really sharp there at Toyfair all decked out and dapper!

So with the Windraider getting a re-release will we also be given an idea of how much more product would have to be sold through in order to make future vehicles a realistic possibility in 2014?
    I know Mattel doesn't publicly disclose sales figures or production numbers but even something visual perhaps....a thermometer?

Does Mattel see Kamo Khan as a Kobra Khan variant or a separate character?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Does Mattel see Kamo Khan as a Kobra Khan variant or a separate character?
    I may be wrong but didn't this get brought up once and he said it would be a variant?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I may be wrong but didn't this get brought up once and he said it would be a variant?
    I don't recall the question being asked before

Heroic Warrior
    Is there a chance to get a figure that pays homage to Lou Scheimer? Perhaps a Horde Trooper disguise Lou Scheimer?

I am confused as to the reissue policy. As I recall, we were told last year that there would be no more reissues for figures from Man-E-Faces onwards but older figures may be reissued. Hence, for example, Chief Carnivus was reissued after Man-E-Faces was released. I understand now (from an answer that Matty gave to Kastor's Korner) that we will not see a reissue of King Hssss. I did not buy a King Hssss last year since the reversed shoulder issue was so unsightly and I was confident that there would be a corrected reissue. Since King Hssss is a major faction leader I feel there is more value in reissuing him than there was in eg. Chief Carnivus, especially now the Snakemen are receiving reinforcements. If King Hssss can not be reissued please could he be considered for a quarterly variant slot? Perhaps a 'Battleground King Hssss' could be designed, based on the imagery of his 200X appearance. Thanks!

I know there are no reissues beyond Man-e-Faces but could you consider offering some of the 30th figures at the end of the year? Such as Photog and Draego?

You have several core characters that will be available throughout each month such as He-Man, Skeletor, Panthor, etc. Why isn't She-Ra one of these core characters? To many fans she's as important to the MOTU mythos as He-Man is. Can we see her be made available regularly too?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Why was there a switch between shipping figures via UPS and shipping figures via Newgistics? All of my past figures shipped via UPS, but now they're shipping via Newgistics and taking much longer to get to me.

Why does MOTUC shipped via USPS start out by going from California to Nevada, back to California, and then back to Nevada?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Will the Wind Raider's price of $45 increase upon it's reissue on Matty Collector during San Diego Comic Con?
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.