Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playmates TMNT 2012 Michelangelo Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'm not sure about SA, but I heard that the UK release isn't planned until Summer 2013...almost a full year after the US release. Definitely a bummer for those overseas.
    Well that sucks for any fellow UKers who plan on collecting this line. Any info on when (or even if) the 6" Collectors line (the one based on the 80's toon) is going to get a UK release?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review.

Not a TMNT figure fan but this video was interesting.

At first I didn't think the color was bright but as the video went on and especially being compared to his predacessors he does look kind of bright.

I guess I have some questions. Kind of curious.
    1. where the figures random? could you have easily gotten, say, Raphael?
    2. any guesses as to the differences from the prototype to the figure you got? is it to make it more like the toon?
    3. Joke question:who's bright-or? Demo-Man or Michelangelo?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Thanks for the review.

Not a TMNT figure fan but this video was interesting.

At first I didn't think the color was bright but as the video went on and especially being compared to his predacessors he does look kind of bright.

I guess I have some questions. Kind of curious.
    1. where the figures random? could you have easily gotten, say, Raphael?
    2. any guesses as to the differences from the prototype to the figure you got? is it to make it more like the toon?
    3. Joke question:who's bright-or? Demo-Man or Michelangelo?
    Glad you enjoyed the video.

1) Yep, figures were random. All four turtles were given out. One per person at the event.
    2) Playmates had to simplify the paint job to meet price point for retail.
    3) Demo-Man is still brighter, but Mikey here is close.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I had no idea all four turtles were given out randomly! How hard would it be for you (or the general public - especially me) to get a set of these? Did you have to sign/agree to some sort of non selling agreement to get them, or can you hope to find them for sale on the secondary market? If you can find the other three, I'd love to see you do a set review for them, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I had no idea all four turtles were given out randomly! How hard would it be for you (or the general public - especially me) to get a set of these? Did you have to sign/agree to some sort of non selling agreement to get them, or can you hope to find them for sale on the secondary market? If you can find the other three, I'd love to see you do a set review for them, Dan.
    I don't believe there was any sort of agreement to not sell these. The figure was in a gift bag handed out to everyone who went to the Playmates event. I actually did not attend the Playmates event, because it was at the exact same time as Mattel's event (I was filming my walkthrough with ToyGuru while this TMNT event was happening.) The only reason I was lucky enough to get one is because Rob went to the Playmates event and gave me his gift bag, so I really owe him for that!

Gifts like this are pretty common for Toy Fair. They hand these promotional items out to members of the press and buyers every year. They just aren't always as good as this one was. Usually they are something much smaller, like a sample of a figure that's in retail stores or a flash drive. Many people who get these do end up selling them on Ebay, so your chances of seeing them online are probable, but I'd expect them to sell pretty high. Crazy enough, when I checked I didn't see any of these for sale, so maybe everyone liked them enough to keep them. I certainly won't be selling mine.

I doubt I'll be able to get a hold of any more, unless I was able to track down some folks who attended and would be willing to send me them to review. So this Mikey will probably be the only one I get to review until the figures start to hit retail.

Great review Dan.

Did you get to talk to anyone at Playmates while at TF? Is there any info on if the Classics line will be more then just the 4 turtles? I'd hope they'd do Shredder, April, and Splinter at least.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Great review Dan.

Did you get to talk to anyone at Playmates while at TF? Is there any info on if the Classics line will be more then just the 4 turtles? I'd hope they'd do Shredder, April, and Splinter at least.
    Unfortunately, I didn't. Playmates' event was at the same time as Mattel's, so while I was doing my walkthrough video with ToyGuru on MOTUC, Playmates was showing of their TMNT lines. I didn't even get to see the stuff in person.

However, the word from Playmates right now is that a second wave of Classics will depend on how the first wave sells. So right now, they only have the four Turtles planned. But if they do well, it's possible more characters will follow. So fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, I didn't. Playmates' event was at the same time as Mattel's, so while I was doing my walkthrough video with ToyGuru on MOTUC, Playmates was showing of their TMNT lines. I didn't even get to see the stuff in person.

However, the word from Playmates right now is that a second wave of Classics will depend on how the first wave sells. So right now, they only have the four Turtles planned. But if they do well, it's possible more characters will follow. So fingers crossed!
    So get out there and support your favorite Ninja Turtles so we don't have a repeat of what happened with Neca. I am pumped for this line. It's great to have them back even though they never really left.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

So with all of this negative TMNT news getting us all down, I thought we should be reminded of how cool these upcoming figures from Playmates will be! *shameless plug*

I'm still really anxious to check out the Classics as well. I pre-ordered a case from BBTS!

So with all of this negative TMNT news getting us all down, I thought we should be reminded of how cool these upcoming figures from Playmates will be! *shameless plug*

I'm still really anxious to check out the Classics as well. I pre-ordered a case from BBTS!

Out of NYTF, this had to be the single most exciting thing; I haven't been more excited about a toy line since MOTUC started to take off in its first year. And this line is coming out throwing the gloves off and punching with vehicles, a large playset, classic scale line, a cartoon backed line WITH secondary characters. Thundercats tried to do much of the same, but my excitement for those didn't hold over time with the exception of the cartoon.