HE-MAN: THE ETERNITY WAR
    CURRENT MAXI-SERIES

Issue #09
    "Part Nine: Dominion"

Script: Dan Abnett
    Cover and Art: Pop Mhan
    Colour: Mark Roberts
    Story: Rob David

Snake Men can’t save you. He-Man can’t save you. The Past, the present, the future—there is no escape from Hordak. He is…the Master of the Universe! Teela’s visions show destruction and fear throughout the cosmos and the fabric of creation—only those with darkness already in their hearts are spared by joining the Horde in its anarchy. But with these visions clouded, King Adam may still be able to turn the tides of time to save us all—but by attack, or surrender?

SPOILERS!

Get your copy from a local comicbook shop or digitally via comiXology!

All I can say is HOLY MOTHER OF GODDESS!!!!!

This maxi-series is nothing short of an epic tale! And seems the stakes ARE getting higher as we go along!

Loved seeing Skeletor's plan come to fruition and seemingly killing Hordak! (Skeletor IS the original evil, so feels fitting)
    Did not see the twist with Evil-Lyn to come...
    And DID NOT expect that twist with Adam...

The Adam twist was really ... heavy ... koff, koff ...

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Fun to see Entrapta holding the Shaping Staff.

Love me them Filmation easter-eggs.

I'm pretty sure they're just following the MOTUC figures, given that the Shaping Staff came with Entrapta (look at Octavia too, she had details on her swords from the MOTUC swords that weren't on the Filmation ones) I just wish Entrapta could have done something other than just stand there. Given the tone of the Eternity War, they could've devised something devilishly awesome for her to do with those braids.

Excellent issue overall. Twists galore! And I expect there will be more in the coming months. So exciting!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Another great issue! Love the twist with Evil-Lynn.

As for Hordak, I like how he was defeated, but it felt a bit too soon.....like, as soon as he gets this ultimate power, it is taken from him right away. I am glad that Skeletor was the one to do it, though.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Whoa! What a great issue! So much story in this one - just action packed.

But

how long has Hiss been Adam? When could it have happened?

And YES, Evil-Lyn was awesome! And her design was great!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome issue! I love all of the twists and turns! Things are coming together very nicely.

As I get it Hsss is like an infection ... he slowly overtakes the body of his host. I suspect it was back then ...

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently there can be more than one sorceress at a time since Teela is still in sorceress form after Evil-Lyn's transformation (or one sorceress per perceived deity? - Zoar, Serpos, Horokoth) We've seen in past issues there are multiple oracles under priestess Veena (King Grayskull era) and multiple farseers (30 year future vision). Do they share power? Is Evil-Lyn stronger or equal to Teela? I was half expecting Teela to revert back to normal in the panels after Evil-Lyn's transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericius View Post
    As I get it Hsss is like an infection ... he slowly overtakes the body of his host. I suspect it was back then ...
    Yes, apparently so. It's not immediate and Adam is probably not aware of it. Hsss slowly takes control of his host. My guess is he will be expelled once Adam becomes He-Man again and the upcoming battle between the two that is mentioned in solicitation for #12.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Apparently there can be more than one sorceress at a time since Teela is still in sorceress form after Evil-Lyn's transformation (or one sorceress per perceived deity? - Zoar, Serpos, Horokoth) We've seen in past issues there are multiple oracles under priestess Veena (King Grayskull era) and multiple farseers (30 year future vision). Do they share power? Is Evil-Lyn stronger or equal to Teela? I was half expecting Teela to revert back to normal in the panels after Evil-Lyn's transformation.

Yes in issue #13 of the previous ongoing it was shown that there was an entire order of the Oracles of Zoar with Veena as the High Priestess, and Teela'Na was the last surviving member that later became the Sorceress of Grayskull and the next Oracle.

Serpos, Zoar and Horokoth are the 3 different natures of the Goddess. From what we saw each of them had an Oracle or Oracles that represent them. Teela'Na was the Sorceress of Zoar, Teela is the Sorceress of Serpos and with Evil-Lyn we have now a Sorceress of Horokoth. And in a certain way, Evil-Lyn becoming the Sorceress of Horokoth, is a great and very clever tribute to the original concepts of Teela and Evil-Lyn, when they both were the polar opposites of each other. Where Teela was the Warrior Goddess, Evil-Lyn was the Evil Warrior Goddess!

As for who between them is more powerful we are going to see. For sure can't wait for the inevitable confrontation of the MOTU's two First Ladies or i would better say the Clash of the Goddesses!
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 26, 2015 at 01:40pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So if Teela is the Oracle of Serpos...
    And Evil-Lyn is the Oracle of Horokoth...

Who is the next Oracle of Zoar?

How long has it been since Serpos had an Oracle? Horokoth too?

I loved the Evil Warrior twist. Evil-Lyn and Tri-Klops were moles.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Technically Teela is the Sorceress of both Serpos and Zoar! Teela is the Sorceress and last Oracle of Zoar because she took that mantle from her mother who she was the previous High Priestess. And all the Eternians they call her Sorceress which means that still helds the title (and for this reason perhaps, as was shown in issue #6 she is still able to assume human form). But also became the Sorceress of Serpos, because with the awaking and rise of the First Ones a.k.a te Snake Men, it was also essential that Teela represent their own version of Goddess as well.

Horokoth was never risen before, so there wasn't a Sorceress of Horokoth so far. Evil-Lyn must be the first one that actually represents Horokoth.
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 26, 2015 at 01:59pm.

It was a pretty great issue! I really can't wait to see how the ending resolves itself.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Great issue! These just keep getting better. I found Loo-Kee.

I want a Horokoth Evil-Lyn in MOTUC...
    Last edited by Greenskull; August 26, 2015 at 03:34pm.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Awesome issue! i loved very page of it. I didn't think anything could top 200x, especially comic, but this story is just so epic!!!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Guys, if you read the Eternity War issue by issue and realize how amazingly complicated, how insane, how risky, how incredibly awesome was Skeletor's plan and put all the pieces together, and see what he accomplish here, you will remain with the mouth open. Skeletor's plan put on shame "real life's" strategists and manipulators. He played every card of his perfectly! I don't know if Dan Abnett's and Rob David's intentions were to make Skelly the top mastermind of the DC MOTU story, but they succeeded completely! Well done!

One thing is certain through the Eternity War series, it's confirmed why Skelly is the top dog and best villain of the MOTU franchise!

I will review the issue later for not spoil further the awesomeness of it!
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 26, 2015 at 05:59pm.

I've been getting this digitally, but it'd be cool if DC released the series in a hardcover. I'd love to read the whole thing together.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I was wondering about the Sorceress of Zoar too...I guess She-Ra's the obvious candidate...so I'll go for Madame Razz.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Court Magician
    Okay. I think I can sum up everything here with "Didn't see that coming".
    That was one heck of a ride, even if it felt a bit fast paced.

I doubt hordak is gone, but I'm thrilled to see Skeletor emerge as the unrivaled top dog, finally.
    As for when Hiss infected Adam. I'm actually torn on that one.
    I doubt that could've been done when he was He-Man, and we saw his later on. So perhaps in the last issue.
    When he was leading the charge and was talking about a man that no one else saw.
    Looked like Hiss/Randor to me. I'd guess he got him during the fight and we'll get that unpacked next issue.
    One heck of a ride here.

Could hsss possessing Adam be the reason that the snake men obey him?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Okay. I think I can sum up everything here with "Didn't see that coming".
    That was one heck of a ride, even if it felt a bit fast paced.

I doubt hordak is gone, but I'm thrilled to see Skeletor emerge as the unrivaled top dog, finally.
    As for when Hiss infected Adam. I'm actually torn on that one.
    I doubt that could've been done when he was He-Man, and we saw his later on. So perhaps in the last issue.
    When he was leading the charge and was talking about a man that no one else saw.
    Looked like Hiss/Randor to me. I'd guess he got him during the fight and we'll get that unpacked next issue.
    One heck of a ride here.

This what i thought so too! The man that no one else could see, except Adam. I believe that this was not a vision or a dream that Adam has during the battle. This was actually King Hsss! And the "cold" that Adam has, i have a feeling that is Hsss's infection, trying to take over his body.

If that's the case i have to congratulate with Dan Abnett and Rob David for how awesomely disturbing made King Hsss (they turn me to an avid Hsss fan). Basically Hsss has not physical form, he is an invisible magical entity, and an incredibly ancient and powerful one i must add, because not even a single magical user on Eternia all these eons, was able to detect his presence (Veena, He-Ro, Teela, Skeletor or Hordak, no one of them was able to sense him). He probably infects his victims like a virus, taking over slowly their minds and bodies, and only when he consume them completely Hsss manifest his real form. Really vicious! This is how personally immagine that Hsss takes controll of the hosts and then expose his real self to all his terrifying glory (artwork by Gabe Perna)

And in the meantime Hsss is moving the various events from the shadows (see King Grayskull's murder, and the creation of the Eyes of Chronos and Chaos was also his own idea). Literally the Evil with the thousands faces (like a MOTU version of LotR's Sauron)!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Could hsss possessing Adam be the reason that the snake men obey him?
    Who knows, but the Snake Men in the previous issue didn't seem to have much respect for Adam, except Rattlor, because He-Man saved his life. I believe that not even them can sense Hsss's presence.
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 27, 2015 at 02:29pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

King Hssss said he's been around for millions of years so who knows...this could be the first. I'm sure the story creator, Rob David, could shed light on these questions. Hopefully Jukka will get to do a wrap up interview once Eternity War has ended. He's already done two in the past

http://hemaneternitywar.blogspot.fi/...bel/interviews

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    This what i thought so too! The man that no one else could see, except Adam. I believe that this was not a vision or a dream that Adam has during the battle. This was actually King Hsss! And the "cold" that Adam has, i have a feeling that is Hsss's infection, trying to take over his body.
    I think that was still a dream and further proof of the King Hssss infection (I'm accepting everything that happened up until Randor/Hssss as what really transpired at the battle of Eternos). He tells Battle Cat (interesting he doesn't call him Cringer) that it was 'another dream' so this wasn't the first one he had. The question is when did Hssss infect him as Adam (since we don't think it could've happened when he was He-Man)? Maybe it was on the field of battle but when?

I'm sure how King Hssss infects his victims will be revealed as well as when Randor and Adam were infected as well.

I think they are really kickin' butt with the comic now. I hope this isn't ending any time soon!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Fun to see Entrapta holding the Shaping Staff.

Love me them Filmation easter-eggs.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...da&oe=563CC282
    Do you think this was meant to be a Filmation reference or a Classics reference?
    I am not so sure they new this was from Filmation and only copied the weapon she had with her Classics figure. Great to see both in the comic. I love all the Easter eggs also.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I think that was still a dream and further proof of the King Hssss infection (I'm accepting everything that happened up until Randor/Hssss as what really transpired at the battle of Eternos). He tells Battle Cat (interesting he doesn't call him Cringer) that it was 'another dream' so this wasn't the first one he had. The question is when did Hssss infect him as Adam (since we don't think it could've happened when he was He-Man)? Maybe it was on the field of battle but when?

I'm sure how King Hssss infects his victims will be revealed as well as when Randor and Adam were infected as well.
    Yes i reread issue #8 and you are right, Adam said that this was another dream. In that case Hsss must infected Adam, during the march of the Eternian Forces from Mount Zoar to Eternos. It's more logical and from a chronological order point of view it fits well, because it needed time for Adam and Teela to move the army from one location to another (days or perhaps a week). And i agree that this couldn't happen, while Adam was He-Man, because the Power of Eternity probably protected him from magical attacks.

On the other hand i leave a window open, that Hsss took over during the Battle of Eternos, only because if my hypothesis about the moment that Randor got infected is right, then Adam and Randor have been infected under similar circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think they are really kickin' butt with the comic now. I hope this isn't ending any time soon!
    Indeed, the Eternity War is literally on fire now! And i agree, i hope that Dan Abnett and Rob David will continue to write this comic for the years to come!
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 28, 2015 at 11:47am.