Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The Funko Masters of the Universe Thread (POP! Vinyl, Wacky Wobblers, etc)

I feel like the Funko Disco Skelly kinda misses the point or something. Instead of being wacky and charming, it just looks ugly and bad. It's a good try but this was a swing and a miss.

Are you saying Disco Skeletor doesn't look ugly and bad?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

His colors seemed to work a lot better to me than this version. His chest was a dark blue and the armor was a darker shade of gold, I think. This one looks almost lavender in the chest, and the armor is the color of mustard. Instead of making me think "wow, that is an insane Skeletor repaint", it makes me think "this looks terrible".

If I had the technical skills to insert a picture of Chris Crocker here I would...

Leave Disco Skeletor Alone!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Review funko pop! Disco skeletor by tanya tate!

Lol who cares about pixel dan anymore :-)
    Just j/k Dan :-)

Ah thanks for posting my video! I have one of a prototype She-ra figure to be posted this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    ive been to a few stores that carry these things. they've been majorly discounted because NO ONE is buying them. they sit just on the shelves. why make more of this crap? no one wants it. except for like 10 people here who will buy anything. just goes to show how much plastic crap is out there.
    Your statement is not only wrong is SUPER wrong. I sell a ton of these things as do most other retailers. You have to take into account what we buy them at (which I am not telling you) but you can clearly mark them down a great deal and still turn a profit.

But their sales are quite high, which is why you see them expanding to blind boxed pop! vinyls now as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    His colors seemed to work a lot better to me than this version. His chest was a dark blue and the armor was a darker shade of gold, I think. This one looks almost lavender in the chest, and the armor is the color of mustard. Instead of making me think "wow, that is an insane Skeletor repaint", it makes me think "this looks terrible".
    You should see it in person, its actually a really nice piece if you are holding it in your hands.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hey Guys, sorry i havent read all of the pages but wasnt or is there a glow in the dark skeletor coming out???
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Hey Guys, sorry i havent read all of the pages but wasnt or is there a glow in the dark skeletor coming out???
    GitD Skeletor is Gemini Collectibles exclusive. You can still get it from them, though only as bundled with other POP! Masters.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Sofubi Hiraki Skeletor

I can't seem to find any post about Funko's MOTU output, so thought I would start one up (At least for the Hiraki line anyway)...

I have pre-ordered x2 of the MOTU Sofubi's Mystic Powers & Havoc Skeletor. Really looking forward to receiving them. I wouldn't mind purchasing the Greyskull variant in the near future. Already ruled out the chances of owning a Mythos Skeletor (and possibly the Antique) variant as I just can't justify paying more than $75.00 AUD each for these inc. shipping.

So what are your thoughts on these? Who here's getting some?

Personally I wouldn't mind an Orko Sofubi down the line...of cause that might never happen...any other characters you would like to see receive the Hiraki / Sofubi treatment from the MOTU-verse?

I like them! I'm just trying to figure out which one I want the most. It's between the Mystic Powers and Mythos ones, for me. I like the quirkier colors on the vinyl stuff.

I have Pre-Ordered both the Mystic Powers and Havoc Skeletor Sofubi figures. Now I need the Mythos and Grey Skull Skeletor figures.

Also wish they would make some other characters besides Skeletor.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I have Pre-Ordered both the Mystic Powers and Havoc Skeletor Sofubi figures. Now I need the Mythos and Grey Skull Skeletor figures.

Also wish they would make some other characters besides Skeletor.
    What characters would you like to see in the Hiraki Sofubi line? Personally, I think that Hordak, Roboto and Orko would translate really well in to the stylized / anime look of the line. Interested to hear your thoughts!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post
    What characters would you like to see in the Hiraki Sofubi line? Personally, I think that Hordak, Roboto and Orko would translate really well in to the stylized / anime look of the line. Interested to hear your thoughts!
    Stratos!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I like the Antique Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post
    I would start with He-man, as well as few others like Beast Man, Tri-Klops, Ram Man, Mer-Man, Hordak, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    I like the Antique Skeletor.
    Oh, I forgot about Antique Skeletor. I really like him also.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    So TMNT got a Wave 2 of the POP Funko series - is there any news if MOTU get one, does anyone know if Wave 1 did well saleswise? I'd love to see Mer-Man, Beastman, Teela, Sorceress in this style
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    So TMNT got a Wave 2 of the POP Funko series - is there any news if MOTU get one, does anyone know if Wave 1 did well saleswise? I'd love to see Mer-Man, Beastman, Teela, Sorceress in this style
    I don't think there will be any more. The Invader Skeletor figure was cancelled, too. I was surprised to see the Sofubi Skeletor, actually.

Maybe in a movie year.

I'd love those as well but for whatever reason this fandom isn't kind to licensed products. A lot of one and dones.

I remember one post where someone thought these being made negatively impacted the number of classics made that year.

For me the plethora of different vintage items produced were just as cool as the action figures as a child. I have a two year old and I wish things like Halloween costumes were readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Maybe in a movie year.

I'd love those as well but for whatever reason this fandom isn't kind to licensed products. A lot of one and dones.
    Such as? The Plushies from Comic Images got a recent 2nd wave, the Statues for PCS seem to be doing nicely enough (so much so we get 2 full bust statues and have gotten almost as many statues as NECA put out in the 200x era), Icon Heroes has put out Castle G, an add-on kit that cost almost as much as Castle G and is coming out with Snake Mountain as well as several other things like letter openers and paperweights, and the MOTU Minis are doing well (so even the argument Classics is killing the market is off).

So not sure where this idea that one and dones is something that is common with MOTU.

Thundercats maybe but MOTU licenses seem to sell fine.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I want a Stratos and Trap Jaw!

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

From what I've heard, sales aren't the issue with not seeing much more MOTU from Funko. Just other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    From what I've heard, sales aren't the issue with not seeing much more MOTU from Funko. Just other stuff.
    Likely the usual licensing crap with Mattel... they don't seem to want to make money thru licensing... just from direct raping, er sales.

So, what are they up to...5 different Skeletor Hikari figures now (Antique, Havoc, Grey Skull, Mystic Powers, and Mythos)? Am I forgetting any?