Thread: World's Greatest Super Friends DVD?

World's Greatest Super Friends DVD?

Does any one know when World's Greatest Super Friends will come out on dvd? i want it for the episode "Universe Of Evil" because the super fiends are all evil and aquaman has an eye patch and i think batman is all red with a sinister mustache .

thanks

I thought they were available? Have you tried Amazon?

there are various superrfriends episodes and seasons available but at this time this ep and plenty others still havent been released yet onto dvd
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

No, World's Greatest is one of the few seasons still unreleased. They were cranking them out very quickly for a while there, then just stopped, so that doesn't look good. If they don't put them out at retail, they really should at least make them available directly through WB. I believe this season, plus the two that ran directly after that and were simply called "Super Friends" are the only ones left unreleased. They even put out "The Lost Episodes" that originally didn't air on Saturday morning in the US, but not those others. I really want the episode where Oceana and her Atlantean Amazons take over Washington DC and Wonder Woman has to call in HER Amazons to defeat them and they ride in on their Invisible Sky Chariots.

Ah! Ok, yes, I have seen a bunch of seasons on Amazon, but not sure of the order. I would like to pick them up but weary of WB not filling the gaps of the missing seasons. How many are still unreleased?

i believe that it is just two seasons that have yet to be released yet tanya
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Heroic Warrior
    Ive seen about 20 episodes released on itunes and amazon video on demand that are not on dvd I am not sure if the wonder woman one is there but it does have "Around the world in 80 riddles" where riddler sneaks his way in the batcave and sprays wonder woman,superman,batman and robin with something that as time goes by diminishes their intellegence so they cant solve the riddles to get the anitdote.

Oh my god! Stupid Spray! I remember as a kid believing that was a perfectly rational and acceptable plot device.

I can't wait to finish up all the seasons!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaTate View Post
    Ah! Ok, yes, I have seen a bunch of seasons on Amazon, but not sure of the order. I would like to pick them up but weary of WB not filling the gaps of the missing seasons. How many are still unreleased?
    It goes:
    Super Friends Season 1 Part 1
    Super Friends Season 1 Part 2
    All-New Super Friends Hour Season One Part 1
    All-New Super Friends Hour Season One Part 2
    Challenge of the Super Friends Season One**
    Super Friends Volume Two**
    UNRELEASED - World's Greatest Super Friends
    UNRELEASED - Super Friends (two seasons)
    Super Friends: The Lost Episodes (aired overseas and later edited into the Superman/Batman Adventures show)
    Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (The Complete Series)
    Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians

** in 1978, Super Friends was an hour long, with 30-minute segment featuring the all-star Challenge episodes with the Legion of Doom and a 30-minute segment featuring new adventures with just the core Super Friends and the Wonder Twins. In syndication, these were broken up into two "seasons" so that the Challenge episodes would all run together, then the others.

There are only eight episodes from "World's Greatest" and 24 seven-minute shorts from the following two seasons of "Super Friends." I mean, they could easily cram that all into one boxed set and call it a day!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've gotten everything they've released up until now, but, if they did a box set with the whole series all in one place, I'd still get it.

The season after Challenge only had 8 new half hour segments, I think, mostly chessy rip-offs of movies and TV shows. I would like it just for the episode where they did their answer to Superman: The Movie (complete with goofy Otis stand-in), though.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This is finally coming out this week as a Target exclusive. Featured in their weekly ad for $9.99.

Heroic Warrior
    So with this release from Target and the episodes available only on download through Amazon and ITunes all episodes have been released on dvd or download?

I picked it up at Target today, but haven't watched any of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    There are only eight episodes from "World's Greatest" and 24 seven-minute shorts from the following two seasons of "Super Friends." I mean, they could easily cram that all into one boxed set and call it a day!
    That set released at Target last week has the 8 episodes from season 4, and they just announced today that the 24 shorts will be released on 7/23, FINALLY completing the entire run on DVD!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wor...Season-5/18392

I think the Season 6: 1981–82 shorts still need to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    That set released at Target last week has the 8 episodes from season 4, and they just announced today that the 24 shorts will be released on 7/23, FINALLY completing the entire run on DVD!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wor...Season-5/18392
    I almost picked it up yesterday when I was at Target. Will probably add it to the collection in the next week.