Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Motu redesign challenge #101 - HE-MAN!

Thank you very much Tech! Congratulations to all participants!
    Last edited by Granamir; April 5, 2012 at 07:43am.

Wouah there are so much cool new entries! I really love Granamir's sketch and Sha's comic style kicks asses! I love the spartan look of He-Man.

Well here's mine. I chose to make him look a little bit like a greek half-god. I know there are mistakes in my drawing and I'd try to do it better if did it again, especially on coloring.

He-Man Redesign by ~LE-KA-DU-CE on deviantART

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Breuly View Post
    Wouah there are so much cool new entries! I really love Granamir's sketch and Sha's comic style kicks asses! I love the spartan look of He-Man.

Well here's mine. I chose to make him look a little bit like a greek half-god. I know there are mistakes in my drawing and I'd try to do it better if did it again, especially on coloring.

He-Man Redesign by ~LE-KA-DU-CE on deviantART
    I love your take on a more stoic He-Man seemingly standing alone against an un-seen evil- very powerful stuff! I personally see nothing wrong with the coloring either as you claimed on your DA that you thought it needed to be redone. You have great line work by the way.

Good concept Sha
    Chris

Great stuff, everyone! Some of my favorites so far are by Bearshow, danbrenus and Zombihamma-AI, but there are too many to mention them all.

With all of the fantastic artwork in this thread, I am not sure there is room for a dabbler like me, but it does say "welcome one & all," so here is my entry...

I had a ton of fun entering the recent MOTUC Create a Character contest, so I approached this in a similar way using my MOTUC template. I am really entering ideas more than art, so I apologize if that is out of place here.

Attachment 74903

Attachment 74904

Some notes on the design:

- While Prince Adam lives in more civilized times than mini-comic He-Man, his traditional pants and boots are a nod to the barbarian past of Eternia. We wear silly little cloth nooses on Earth, but Eternian formalwear features gratuitous fur and leather.

- The gold armor is meant to be Adam's own royal armor that he wears even before becoming He-Man. For me, the official royal colors are green and gold due to the unique native tigers of the realm.

- The gray armor (second image) is what he wears later after settling into the He-Man persona (no secret identity in my continuity).

- I considered the vintage Thunder Punch "H" for the power harness but ultimately settled on a simplified version of the 200X "H" after working it into the design of all the weapons. I think it is very reminiscent of the original iron cross but a bit more unique.

- Honestly, I prefer more vintage-styled power swords to what you see here, but in this design I wanted all of the ancient magical items to be modern-looking, though not overtly high-tech. Adam's society is civilized but not yet as advanced as the ancient societies that pre-date the barbarian dark ages.

Last edited by Granamir; April 7, 2012 at 05:39am.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    A GIF for part of my Final submission:
    http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...otate_PYRE.gif
    Love it!
    Everything looks great & fresh. I specially like the armor.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

The Sha-man is and will be just great!
    A proud Illumina fan! - She-Raver by conviction...

Thanks He-Breuly, great also your version!

Heroic Warrior
    This is my redesign of He-Man. Just going totally off of imagination pulling from 30 years of mythos, I see a redesign to cast He-Man and friends back as a cartoon. I would direct it differently and see He-Man as a roving ranger type of hero who picks up friends along the way. He-Man would be a Talon Fighter pilot in my vision. Talon Fighter pilots would be an elite aviation warrior/soldier.

Eternia is in turmoil after the Great Wars and the royal palace is destroyed. Before the end, a faithful servant smuggles an infant Adam out of the palace and he is raised in seclusion by a jungle tribe. The remnants of Randor’s armies go to the villages to recruit able-bodied warriors to join the fight against Skeletor. When Adam is old enough he leaves his village and joins the army. He is trained as one of the Talon Fighter pilots and one Talon Fighter is assigned to a Point bases scattered across the kingdom that remain. There are 8 Point bases and during an epic attempt by Skeletor and the evil warriors to wipe out the remaining pockets of good, all the Talon Fighters are wiped out save for Adam’s. In an attempt to contact any survivors and to regroup he puts out a call and picks up a distress signal from Point Dread. Their assigned Talon Fighter had been destroyed and were calling for reinforcements as the bad guys were attacking. Adam and his Talon Fighter show up and turn the tide of battle. As he was flying to Point Dread he passed over the ruin of Castle Grayskull, unknown that the castle would play an important part of his future.

My main cast would be He-Man, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, Stratos, Orko and the Sorceress, and the regular citizens/refugees of the light hemisphere. Battle Cat would come in later. I see He-Man as being his character before he becomes the protector of Grayskull, so no dual identity. For the bad guys, Skeletor would be Evil Supreme, and he would have Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Mer Man, Faker, Trap-Jaw and Tri-klops as his core group. I would ditch a lot of the Filmation and MYP part of the story and rely more heavily for inspiration from the early mini-comics/concept art. I see it in the vein of how the new Thundercats was made storywise. There are elements that are similar but the story is different enough it’s not a strict redo or too close of a reimagining to what has happened before.
    He-Man redesign.jpg
    Good trades with: Cammor

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I'm sorry to say I don't think I'll be able to participate in this challenge at all. It's been a horrible month and then some, and it'd take nothing short of a miracle to make everything better in time. It sucks that I can't get to do what I've wanted for such a long time now... but that's true of so many other things, and anyways, life is not fair. Never has been, never will be. Fortunately there are so many good entries here already that mine won't be missed.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    I'm sorry to say I don't think I'll be able to participate in this challenge at all. It's been a horrible month and then some, and it'd take nothing short of a miracle to make everything better in time. It sucks that I can't get to do what I've wanted for such a long time now... but that's true of so many other things, and anyways, life is not fair. Never has been, never will be. Fortunately there are so many good entries here already that mine won't be missed.
    Oh thatīs sad, i always like your designs and itīs sad to hear you are having a hard time right now. I really hope it will get better soon!

Hopefully you can join again for the next challenges!

dammit, my desktop hd died, i dont have the funds for a new one until after this challenge is closed. but i will still post my pic when its done to honour my promise, and i like what i did too isa**

** I'm slightly amused - i didn't laugh out loud at this statement, but it amused me a bit.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I still want to enter this O_O I've been buzzing with something, just hope I get it in, in time! There are some very awesome entries so far!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

This is a quick sketch I did the other day, I need to begin to finish it, but I thought I'd show so you can see what to expect by the time required:

As you can see, still a fair bit to do.... simples
    Last edited by Zentron; April 9, 2012 at 06:59am.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    So sorry to hear things have been rough. I feel you. me too. Feel free to come back and post your ideas though later even if the challenge is over if you want to. Would love to see what you come up with and that is half the fun. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    This is a quick sketch I did the other day, I need to begin to finish it, but I thought I'd show so you can see what to expect by the time required:

He-Man Redesign challenge sketch by ~zentron on deviantART

As you can see, still a fair bit to do.... simples
    Hmm... image not showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Hmm... image not showing.
    Yeah, darned DevArt..... anywayz, now changed to Photobucket!

Man, you people have some talent.
    Now I see why my cuz is obsessed wit this site. Methild, I think you are one of the people he talks about a lot and bearshow, Hunterknight, masterenglish, and iceman. I saw your dinosaur guy and he is awesome. Your stuff almost looks like drawings of real monsters.

I wish I could draw... this looks like fun.

Sha, yours is my fav, don't tell Pyre, lol.
    Ad Danbrenus... A close second.
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 9, 2012 at 11:57pm.

Heroic Warrior
    So here's my final entry as I'm not going to have more time before the 12th, points to anyone who gets the Celtic rune reference on He-Man's chest.

That is not a celtic rune, the celtic runes have no round shapes, can be Rad or Ur depending on what that curve in the right leg means...

Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    That is not a celtic rune, the celtic runes have no round shapes, can be Rad or Ur depending on what that curve in the right leg means...

http://www.aaajewelry.com/Celtic%20Runes.JPG
    It's a stylistic take on Ur which is Celtic.

Awesome entries!
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

I wish I could draw... this looks like fun.

You only need to try it

My Conan-esque He-Man I did this up over last Christmas. I was "once again" re-imagining the early MOTU era but I didn't really push the design that far... I was more about changing the MOTU vibe.

While I like the belt/gutplate idea, I'm not happy with the result (it feels unfinished) but c'est la vie. Best to post it here than sit on it for years to come. I hope you all like it

Actually, let's pretend he has a boot dagger too

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART