Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Motu redesign challenge #101 - HE-MAN!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great work, hunter!

your sculpting is simply amazing...well, as usual!

nice coincidence that the latest entries show he-man with a headband....i do agree with bearshow:
    it gives him a more distinctive look.

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    Here is my redesign built entirely using HeroMachine 3...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zargon; March 13, 2012 at 05:57pm.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Thanks, SirBushnell!

The "H" is for "headband" .

Actually, that's part of the backstory. In "Bearshow" canon, Jungle He-Man is actually still Prince Adam, but stolen as an infant and thrown into the wild to die. The Eternian royal family presumes him and his sister dead, and the kingdom mourns the loss of the true heir to the thrown of Eternia. The "H" is more of a royal crest/"He" symbol that marks the inheritor of the throne and the true power of the mysterious Castle Grayskull. The headband was in the casket that young Adam was taken away in, by his mysterious kidnappers, and wears it without knowing what it means. Only when he finds the Masters does he begin to discover his true destiny! I've made up a lot of new canon; I always need to have a story so that my design feels more complete. I'm hoping to reveal more of the story with each new redesign challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    Ace drawings, Bearshow. You're very talented!

But why does He-man have the little "H" logo on his headband before he actually becomes He-man?

HORDEMONKEY - try making He-man a zombie to fight the evil corpse warrior that is Skeletor! There's your direction. Hehe.

P.S. I can't draw myself, but if anyone wants to put my ideas for a He-man redesign down onto paper (or computer, these days)... well, I've been developing a few just for fun and would love to see them turned into art by someone.

Zargon - Cool design! I really like the shield!

Hunter Knight - Great custom figure and concept! I think I've seen more of your custom figures on the Fwoosh; you do great work!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    so, bearshow coming back really inspired me, along with all the other great pictures on here. most of you know, i do concepts, i love art, and am a decent artist, but i never went to school for it, so things like "drawing feet" still get me

i went a different route, i decided to go more of a conan look to him, with keeping the MOTU theme. I hope i did just that. and px, i finished this rough, 3 nights or so ago, and i came on here, and saw bearshows, and i was like, ummm..... so OBVIOUSLY i am not going to win.

i hope to add darker lines, and maybe color, but here is a sneak peek for my org family.

He-Man

i have always been a huge fan of this alternate logo for he-man, i really wish 200x would have used it instead of the famous * mark.

let me know what you guys think!!

Oh man. We're still so far away from the deadline and I can already tell this is going to be a hard one to decide on!

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    Thanks Bearshow. I REALLY like your design.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I have a suggestion... seeing as we are doing He-Man for this challenge why don't we follow him with the rest of the 8-back characters??
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Where did Pyre go???

I wonder if he's in the mood to draw my own concept... hehe.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I have a suggestion... seeing as we are doing He-Man for this challenge why don't we follow him with the rest of the 8-back characters??
    Why not start with Sir Laser-Lot and mighty Spector first.
    They both really could need a redesign

nice idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Norvell View Post
    Why not start with Sir Laser-Lot and mighty Spector first.
    They both really could need a redesign

that would be an epic challenge!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

that would be an epic challenge!
    the ULTIMATE DESIGN CHALLENGE!!!! make Spector and LazerLot WORTH LOOKING AT>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    great work, hunter!

your sculpting is simply amazing...well, as usual!

nice coincidence that the latest entries show he-man with a headband....i do agree with bearshow:
    it gives him a more distinctive look.
    Yeah when I was researching for this commission, I saw many helmets being used and some nose protectors. Then it was a matter of choosing what He-man would use, so I came up with the nose guard, which is also a headband. Some people have even called him "king He-man" hehe but that for me would be a different armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshow View Post
    Zargon - Cool design! I really like the shield!

Hunter Knight - Great custom figure and concept! I think I've seen more of your custom figures on the Fwoosh; you do great work!
    Thank you! The Fwoosh??? I have yet to post something there, I mean I have been a member since last year, but I haven't posted a single thread yet. It would be amazing if someone posted something related to my work.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    With bearshow back and so many amazing artists contributing designs, you know I have to get in on this! Here's the lineart for my entry. I'm hoping I have time to paint it up, but I'm really happy with this so far.

Last edited by Battle_Brak; March 17, 2012 at 09:39pm.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    With bearshow back and so many amazing artists contributing designs, you know I have to get in on this! Here's the lineart for my entry. I'm hoping I have time to paint it up, but I'm really happy with this so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...anRedesign.jpg
    I LOVE his belt with the nod to Grayskull.

That's fantastic art, Battle_Brak!

I love the cleanliness of the line work; very crisp!

And I have to echo vertigoink - the Grayskull image in the belt is very inspired!

Movie mayhem!
    I'll be opening a suggestion thread soon and this a great idea. We are going to try to not repeat past challenges unless not many people participated or there is another compelling reason... but I think there are many characters that weren't done because we weren't doing characters already redesigned by 200x? I could be wrong though...so many of those characters would now be game.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    the ULTIMATE DESIGN CHALLENGE!!!! make Spector and LazerLot WORTH LOOKING AT>>>>>>>
    This is something we've been discussing... I think the poll for the next round will likly include the 30th anniversary characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    This is great dude. Wonderul job!

Battle_Brak for the win!!!

Not that I'm biased or nuttin'.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

well even tho I won't be taking part I second the idea that the next redesign be either Sir Laser-Lot or The Mighty Spector
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Very cool BR, not so sure on the chin fluff, but a very cool design indeed

amazing art, battle_brak!

the belt piece is really perfect...just for curiosity: those medallions besides grayskull facade are somehow a homage
    to conan's necklace by barry windsor-smith?

Hello everybody!

I see so many great works in this thread, it made me want to give my try in re-designing the Most Powerfull Man in the Universe.
    Hope I'll find time to work on him as much as he deserves it, and I must say the challenge is a worthy AND a difficult one! So I'll try to do my best not to appear too ridiculous among you great drawers. See y'all, I'll try not to pass by the WIP steps and show the final piece once and for all.

One more time I must say how excited I am to see such great pieces here, so much imagination and skills! This is SOOOOO motivating (especially when you're NO artist yourself ). Thanks you all for that
    Last edited by He-Breuly; March 18, 2012 at 04:20pm.

first of all: wooooow you guys rock! without exeptions!
    and and since you are so ionspiring i cant help, i had to take part in this contest!

here´s my entry

cause i love the heman on the cardback standing in the windy gras panorama id thougt id like to do something reminiscence
    so this was the first sketch
    vorvorskiuzze.jpg

heres a much completer sketch of the final composition
    vorskizze.jpg

thats how far i am at the moment...
    (sadly im a bad colorist)
    hemanredisi_03.jpg

any critics and suggestions are welcome^^
    Grazellka the mighty Barbarian.

See my 3d works at www.eyerock.de

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazellka View Post
    first of all: wooooow you guys rock! without exeptions!
    and and since you are so ionspiring i cant help, i had to take part in this contest!

here´s my entry

cause i love the heman on the cardback standing in the windy gras panorama id thougt id like to do something reminiscence
    so this was the first sketch
    vorvorskiuzze.jpg

heres a much completer sketch of the final composition
    vorskizze.jpg

thats how far i am at the moment...
    (sadly im a bad colorist)
    hemanredisi_03.jpg

any critics and suggestions are welcome^^

I love everything about this- it's very traditional mono chromatic style and it harkens back to the Filmation style story boards that were super detailed. I guess if you were to twist my arm maybe do a bit more with the background? I think it's great personally.