Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tron: Uprising Talkback

I fell behind after the pilot aired. Catching up now. DAMN! This show is sooooo good! Visually it's beautiful, the action is so creative at times, very serious for a Disney cartoon. Check it out everybody!

- - - Updated - - -

I so want a TRON action figure. The white suit is sooo cool!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So what is going on with the show? No one has talked about it in like two months. I need to find all of the episodes that have aired so far.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It's been off the air. It's supposed to be back on in October.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's been off the air. It's supposed to be back on in October.
    How many episodes have aired thus far?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

7 so far. "The Price of Power" was the last one aired.

The new really bad time spot doesn't bode well for this show's future. It looks like it is one season and done. I've been enjoying the show, though.

Yeah I get the sense they are just going to burn through the remaining episodes
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I have four episodes in my DVR! The length of time between groups of new episodes has to kill some of the momentum. It's an enjoyable show, but I don't know if it was finding an audience. Still, with the announcement that Tron 3 is a go, maybe they'll keep it around to keep the fires burning on the franchise. It is on Disney XD, so the ratings don't have to be through the roof. But, I imagine it's not a cheap show to make either.

I am totally loving this show and would be very happy it if it continued, but I thought it was always described as a limited series. It's a better superhero show than Ultimate Spider-Man though and the visuals are fun even if they do skew more towards Legacy's darkness instead of the original's more colorful world. The characters are fun, and I'm dying to see Paige and Beck team up (hope they do if this is indeed going to end soon). The cost for the voice cast must be huge though. Frodo, Bishop, Pee Wee, Lionel Luthor, and even the real Tron and Quorra.

I also really hope this goes on blu ray and in a whole season box set. I am so sick of seeing Instant Video HD instead of Blu Ray.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I hear you on the Blu Ray collection! I'd be VERY disappointed if it didn't. Disney XD doesn't hair in HD on my cable. I watched one downloaded episode from iTunes in HD and it looks amazing. I want to see the rest that way.

Hey guys, I complied this years ago:

TIME CALCULATION in the TRON UNIVERSE:

1 Cicle = 8000 hours inside the Grid.

1000 Cicles = 8 millions of hours inside the Grid.

Since it has been established that 8 millions of hours in the Grid MUST equal to 20 years and 11 months in Real Life, no matter what, and Flynn himself "pointed out" that "hours here are minutes out there":

20 years and 11 months in Real World = 183.216 hours in Real World.

Tha ratio is roughly 1:44 (8 million/183.000), which would make 1 hour on the Grid 1-2 minutes outside and 1 hour outside roughly 44 hours on the Grid.

Jarvis: "Rectifier on schedule where INITIATIVE should be operational within 12 cycles".

The INITIATIVE is the transfer of the Rectifier and Clu's army to the Real World.

12 Cycles equal to 96.000 hours into the Grid (about 11 years of Grid time, roughly 2 months in the Real World).

This proves CLU was going into the Real World alone to rearrange/reprogramme the SHIVA laser from the outside. I think CLU found a way to use moleculas of the reality/physical matter surrounding the SHIVA laser in order to materialize the Rectifier and his army. He just needs to pay the way for that and need resources.

So this means the Rectifier was originally supposed to wait for CLU's return from the Real World a very long time.

Also, CLU wasn't going to make the Rectifier collide with the Portal ASAP, in the last scenes of Legacy.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

If anyone is interested, the soundtrack for this show has been released and it is available from online vendors like Amazon. The score is excellent as it follows the style from Tron: Legacy.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

well atm it has been stated that the show is not being renewed for another season...

BUT, there is a VERY faint glimmer of hope. As it was also stated that IF they can get more viewers it might come back.

See this article for more INFO...
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...d-more-viewers

...I personally hope that the show gets renewed, as now I want to know how the love interest introduced with the last episode will play out... an ya I know, its before the new movie so obviously he looses... DUH... but still... I wanna know the details of how it all went down.

Oh, if that is the case, I have no reason to watch it. A shame too, because I thought the first episode showed promise even if it had some annoying parts and choppy animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    well atm it has been stated that the show is not being renewed for another season...

BUT, there is a VERY faint glimmer of hope. As it was also stated that IF they can get more viewers it might come back.

See this article for more INFO...
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...d-more-viewers

...I personally hope that the show gets renewed, as now I want to know how the love interest introduced with the last episode will play out... an ya I know, its before the new movie so obviously he looses... DUH... but still... I wanna know the details of how it all went down.
    That would be unfortunate but it seems that things are not set in stone. I really hope they renew it. The writing has been very good and I like how the story has evolved.

Yes - the producers are saying it's not cancelled yet! It just needs more viewers.

With its really bad time spot, I think it is as good as gone. I enjoyed the last episode and the dynamic between Paige and Beck.

I keep seeing ads for the T:U soundtrack (which I have and really enjoy) all over the place. Seems odd they put effort into a push for the soundtrack and then cancel it too. I am hoping maybe the accolades and response will make them rethink and maybe give it a decent timeslot. But it has to be a pretty expensive cartoon.

Wait, you mean they canceled the soundtrack release? Crap, I was going to buy it at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Wait, you mean they canceled the soundtrack release? Crap, I was going to buy it at the end of the month.
    I think JonWes was referring to the show, not the soundtrack. It is still available on Amazon as both CD and digital download.

Yes - sorry. I was talking about the show.

----

I just watched the last episode. MAN, they really kicked it into high gear toward the end. I'm going to be sad if that's the end of the show. I'd love at least a one hour wrap-up special or something.

Do they really need an animated movie to finish it? I mean, obviously the resistance fails, Tron fully becomes Rinzler, and CLU fully takes over.

TRON won 2 Annie Awards tonight (basically the Academy Award in the animation world) for Best Character Design and Best Production Design in an Animated TV series

Way to go Disney, cancel an award winning show
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

And of course it ends on a cliffhanger so it really will hurt like salted lemon juice in a papercut if they announce a cancelation. It didn't need fair-weather fans though, and a lot of people I talk to didn't want to watch if it was canceled (so in reverse, if it came back they might give it a shot). Also, if Star Wars Clone Wars is coming to XD, they will finally have one other show on that channel that shares even a little of Tron: Uprsing's demographics (I say based on having seen the commercial for other unappealing shows while I was watching Tron). I'm still hoping against hope that they don't throw this away.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406