Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Hunter Picked up as Series

Just wait till one of you finds some MOTU toys you really want at a yard sale or a flea market and the person running the sale wants 10 times the ebay value because "these are worth a lot of money, I saw it on that thar toy show on the tee-vee duurrrrr!"...see how much you like the show then! (and yes, that has already happened to me a few times)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I always see a common trend when people talk about Toy Hunter:

"Seeing the toys is the best part."

I need to do something about this...
    Yes....a Pixel Dan reality show would be much better! All toys, All love, no scalping.....I'm in!!!!!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I don't know, I guess the show is sort of fun.
    Like has already been said, though, it puts such a silly twist on things because the focus is on how much money all of these toys are worth. Oh well. I guess our secret is out. Now everyone knows why all of us toy collectors are so incredibly rich!

I was at our small comic and toy show today, and guess who was there filming? I got to watch for about 45 minutes, and even had to sign a release in case I was shown on camera.

Afterwards, as he was walking the show, I got to meet him. Nice guy, but all business. He even plugged the new season to me as we were parting ways.

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiki84 View Post
    Just wait till one of you finds some MOTU toys you really want at a yard sale or a flea market and the person running the sale wants 10 times the ebay value because "these are worth a lot of money, I saw it on that thar toy show on the tee-vee duurrrrr!"...see how much you like the show then! (and yes, that has already happened to me a few times)
    Exactly my problem with this sort of show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Yes....a Pixel Dan reality show would be much better! All toys, All love, no scalping.....I'm in!!!!!
    You know it!!!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I always see a common trend when people talk about Toy Hunter:

"Seeing the toys is the best part."

I need to do something about this...
    That's the reason I watch what little "reality" BS shows that I watch. Toy Hunter being one of them. I "mark out" for the toys that I know and love(d) as well as the classic commercials played on there. I couldn't give a damn about the haggling, the staged "reality" nonsense with Gene Simmons, or anything else. I tune in just to see cool stuff. Same goes for Pawn Stars, Pickers, all that "reality" BS.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That's the reason I watch what little "reality" BS shows that I watch. Toy Hunter being one of them. I "mark out" for the toys that I know and love(d) as well as the classic commercials played on there. I couldn't give a damn about the haggling, the staged "reality" nonsense with Gene Simmons, or anything else. I tune in just to see cool stuff. Same goes for Pawn Stars, Pickers, all that "reality" BS.
    The Gene Simmoms stuff was REALLY stupid, for one thing, I know for a fact that Gene has prototypes and MISB stuff of every single piece of merchandise Kiss has ever released. Plus, if he really needed that Kiss van he could just get it on ebay or somewhere else, and why did he first say he was going to give Jordan a list of items he wanted, then 5 minutes later he is like "surprise me". Oh well we all know the show is staged. I guess Im the only one that doesnt care about hearing him talk about the history of the toys and all that, mainly because it sounds like he's reading off a cue card. And why is it that most of the people with all these toys seem to be people that have no idea what they have? They have garages packed full of 80s toys yet they have no idea what anything is or that its worth money

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Anyone notice he has started paying more for stuff than what people are asking for on the show?
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World

Toyguru on Toy Hunter tonight!!!

Hey gang! I was pleasantly suprised to see Scott Neitlich (aka - Toy Guru) on tonight's episode of the Toy Hunter The Toy Hunter sold him a vintage Savage He-Man. They did a quick closeup of his Spirit of Grayskull figure that instantly made me jealous

Anyways, if you have not seen the show or episode I highly recommend it!! It is on the Travel Channel and new episodes are on Wednesdays.

Thanks for the heads up, just got done watching the show. Scott does have quite the collection.

What a fun episode. Taking a peak at Scott's collection reminded me of the collections that people show off around here, and that he's a collector and a fan just like one of us. Definitely cool to have someone like that in our corner at Mattel. I think people sometimes forget that he is ONE OF US and FAN first.

I tried to watch it, but there were too many commercials. That's just like Scott, forcing us to watch all those commercials. We were promised a 30 minute show, and by my count it was only 22 minutes long! That's false advertising and a breach of contract!

It was cool to see him. But I thought it was disingenuous of the show to not mention he's the actual BRAND MANAGER of He-Man and works for Mattel.

Also, I wish they could have given us another few seconds to view that 10,000 figure collection they said he had (Or even mentioned MOTUC).....

10,000 figure
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I sure hope this thread isn't going to go negative. I for one was pretty impressed by his collection. He has 10000 masters of the universe. So I think that makes him a collector. And yes I found it odd that they didn't mention he works for Mattel. But all in all I liked the episode.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorek View Post
    I sure hope this thread isn't going to go negative. I for one was pretty impressed by his collection. He has 10000 masters of the universe. So I think that makes him a collector. And yes I found it odd that they didn't mention he works for Mattel. But all in all I liked the episode.
    I didn't see the show, but are you sure that his 10,000 action figure collection is all MOTU related and not, at least in part, made up of other toy lines? Even if he were to have 2 of every figure from vintage MOTU, POP, NA, the 200X line (including the Mattel figures and NECA stactions), and MOTUC, that total would still fall well short of 1,000 figures.... let alone 10,000. He would have to have A LOT of duplicate figures for that number to hold up.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; May 16, 2013 at 06:11am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I so wanted the Wonder Bread / Savage He-Man mystery to be solved. #disappointed
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I didn't see the show, but are you sure that his 10,000 action figure collection is all MOTU related and not, at least in part, made up of other toy lines? Even if he were to have 2 of every figure from vintage MOTU, POP, NA, the 200X line (including the Mattel figures and NECA stactions), and MOTUC, that total would still fall well short of 1,000 figures.... let alone 10,000. He would have to have A LOT of duplicate figures for that number to hold up.
    I also don't think these are solely MOTU figures, but still, 10,000 isn't impossible. I know a guy who collects Beastman "only". I'd have never guessed how many variations of Beastman ever existed.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

love your avatar.
    you're fired!

Some ugliness had to be removed. Let's not get into a debate about any board member's (which includes Toyguru) level of fandom. thanks.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but it's on the DVR to watch later today. Can't wait!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

meh.. pass on this show. All this show does is crank up the market value on toys an make them cost alot more than should, which in turn makes it even harder for ppl who want them but then cant afford them due to over-inflated market prices!
    Last edited by Replikor; May 16, 2013 at 07:37am.

It may be 10,000 toys, not just motu. I really don't know for sure. When I posted that, I was just pointing out to one of the more negative members, that in my humble opinion the guy is a real collector. They really don't show as much of his collection as I wanted to see. But from what I did see he has a lot of motu on his shelves. But none the less, still a very impressive collection

I liked it. I wish they would of actually spent more time on 80's toys and with Scott. I loved seeing that Spirit of Grayskull figure on his shelf. Also he really needs to frame those maps.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    I liked it. I wish they would of actually spent more time on 80's toys and with Scott. I loved seeing that Spirit of Grayskull figure on his shelf. Also he really needs to frame those maps.
    LOL, thats the FIRST thing I thought!!!