Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Hunter Picked up as Series

I was disappointed that they didn't mention that Scott works for Mattel. They just presented him as this regular guy who just happens to know a lot about MOTU. I know you can never trust any reality show to be genuine, but I guess I had given this show a bit more benefit of the doubt than others. I will just have to accept that it is like any other "reality" show now and leaves out important details and alters reality to however the producers feel like it should be. It was cool to see Scott's collection and him being on the show, however.

I'm not to worried on how they portrayed Scott. Anyone that knows him knows he works for mattel. and anyone who doesn't know him, still sees him as "another toy collector". And I presume their was some legal hoops they show would have had to jump through to associate it with mattel. However, there were some subtle Mattel tributes. (Hover Board, Spirit Grayskull).

I wish it was a full on Scott/MOTU/Mattel episode and was disappointed we didnt get to see more of his collection, etc...but was cool to see a familiar face on TV. Was nice to see the "collector" side of Scott.

I love the Toy Hunter show...old toys FTW!

I found it a rather pourly display. The displayed figures chosen out of his 10000 figures collection where crammed on a shelf. A quick look at the spirit figure which offcourse no one has exept he and two other earthlings.

And we got the confirmation that mattel still doesn't know the deal about savage heman.
    What amazed me was that TG didn't had one. The guru of toys with his main line motu, having 10000 AF and not having one, amazing

I like the show when it teaches me something but the whole buy and sell thing is pure entertainement and to far off from reallity.
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow. It was cool seeing Scott's crib. He lives in an apartment?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Good ep.last night.My friend and I have been after Vince for a couple of years to buy from his personal collection! He sets up at a local toy show we attend.Funny he never ever brought any of the items he sold to Jordan to the toy shows.Even though I've consistently asked him for MOTU to bring to the show.Makes me wonder?
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah... I learned a long time ago reality tv is not reality. Of course they wouldn't say he's mattel's mgr. it's better tv to make it seem like he's one of us building the collection pieces at a time rather than probably given a huge chunk.

How's the saying go? There's not much reality in reality TV? It's entertainment. And it sounds like the episode was entertaining. I wish I had cable some times so I could see these shows. I wait for DVD for most stuff, or Netflix.

Travel Channel offers free episodes of Toy Hunter on their website if you want to catch any:

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/toy-hunter-full-episodes
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

just getting to watch the episode now!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Pretty cool episode.
    Of course it was all scripted and the Savage He-Man was probably planted. But, it's all in the name of entertainment. Someone making a tv show that culminates in people talking about that He-Man is pretty awesome, no matter how you slice it(bad pun, I know)!
    I thought Scott came off really well, too. Good stuff!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Add title.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Pretty cool episode.
    Of course it was all scripted and the Savage He-Man was probably planted. But, it's all in the name of entertainment. Someone making a tv show that culminates in people talking about that He-Man is pretty awesome, no matter how you slice it(bad pun, I know)!
    I wondered that to.I'll ask Vince but he may not be able to tell me if it was planted or not.I know he has not brought it to the Toy show in the last few years that I've known him!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    I wondered that to.I'll ask Vince but he may not be able to tell me if it was planted or not.I know he has not brought it to the Toy show in the last few years that I've known him!
    Maybe he really did have one that he wanted to get rid of. Who knows?
    I guess my point was that it was all obviously set up ahead of time. I really don't care, though. I enjoyed watching it.

Which episode is he in? It would be labeled California, right? I'm not seeing that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Pretty cool episode.
    I have wondered how scripted this show is. I mean what collector is going to let a person come out and dig through his collection that he has loved and cherished for years, only to pick out and sell one or two of the best items. Makes no sense to me.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    So, if it is only a rumor that this figure came from a mailaway to Wonder Bread then how did people actually get him???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Which episode is he in? It would be labeled California, right? I'm not seeing that one.
    The one that came on last night when Jordan visited Missouri.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

It doesn't seem to be posted in that link soundwavempl provided.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    So, if it is only a rumor that this figure came from a mailaway to Wonder Bread then how did people actually get him???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The one that came on last night when Jordan visited Missouri.
    Thanks. I didn't preview Missouri - didn't think TG would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Thanks. I didn't preview Missouri - didn't think TG would be there.
    Most of that show is in Missouri, but he goes back to California at the very end of the episode to visit Scott. I didn't see where all of these 10,000 figures could possible be in Scott's apartment, if that is really the truth.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Most of that show is in Missouri, but he goes back to California at the very end of the episode to visit Scott. I didn't see where all of these 10,000 figures could possible be in Scott's apartment, if that is really the truth.
    10,000 figures, I believe it. Why do you think the Mighty Spector sold out? I kid, I kid.

It was nice seeing some MOTU love on that episode. I liked seeing a Twistoid in TG's collection.

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Could be stored away in bins, like many who collect, especially if they are loose. It would still be a lot of bins, though.

Is the episode on the net yet?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

This guy is such an expert they actually call him the toyguru on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Is the episode on the net yet?
    Start at 15:26

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This guy is such an expert they actually call him the toyguru on the internets.
    And if they put it on the internet, it must be true!

No disrespect to Scott, though.

I wonder why they made no mention that he actually works for Mattel? For the other toy collectors, they actually went out of their way to explain if they worked for a certain toy company (like LJN, Kenner, in past episodes). Kind of weird.