Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Toy Hunter Picked up as Series

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Most of that show is in Missouri, but he goes back to California at the very end of the episode to visit Scott. I didn't see where all of these 10,000 figures could possible be in Scott's apartment, if that is really the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Could be stored away in bins, like many who collect, especially if they are loose. It would still be a lot of bins, though.
    I recall Scott mentioning on Roast Gooble Dinner that most of his collection is in storage. 10000 figures still sounds like an exaggeration to me though.

I'd like to hear which toylines he collects, other than MOTU.

Two things shocked me about Scott on Toy Hunter- 1) He's obviously someone important at Mattel and yet he lives in an apartment, 2) Scott has his toys openly displayed on his bookshelves and even has the MOTUC posters pinned up on his walls! Now that's a real fan. Or at least that's how it was staged for TH's cameras. So tough to tell with 'reality TV' what's real and what's been planned to the Nth degree.

And as for that Savage He-man? Tough to say whether $400+ is a fair price for a figure no one can confirm exists (even Mattel). It's obviously not a fake (as Scott determined by carefully looking it over), but what is it? And if one exists more must also exist... somewhere.

Anyway, a fun episode overall and I enjoyed it. Just too bad Scott's segment was put at the very tail end. And no mention made of Scott as a muckety-muck at Mattel during the show? Just that he's the so-called "Toy Guru"? I always thought that was just his internet handle and not a title implying that he's really uber knowledgeable about toys???
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I recall Scott mentioning on Roast Gooble Dinner that most of his collection is in storage. 10000 figures still sounds like an exaggeration to me though.

I'd like to hear which toylines he collects, other than MOTU.
    maybe the bulk of his collection is M.U.S.C.L.E figures and their ilk. saves a LOT of room
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    1) He's obviously someone important at Mattel and yet he lives in an apartment,
    I haven't watched it yet. I will this weekend.

With that said, It could be that his apartment is an over-sized-stand-alone-man-cave
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    I wonder why they made no mention that he actually works for Mattel? For the other toy collectors, they actually went out of their way to explain if they worked for a certain toy company (like LJN, Kenner, in past episodes). Kind of weird.
    I thought that was kind of weird too. I thought about it, and it's likely for legal reasons. Having "SCOTT CURRENT BRAND MANAGER FROM MATTEL" appear and speak on the show is a lot different than "SCOTT TOYGURU AND HE-MAN COLLECTOR." If they mentioned he currently works at Mattel, what he said might have been construed as coming from Mattel directly. Scott probably consulted Mattel legal before he went on the show, and Mattel legal likely told them not to say he works for Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Two things shocked me about Scott on Toy Hunter- 1) He's obviously someone important at Mattel and yet he lives in an apartment,
    We like to think on these forums that Scott is some sort of important big shot at Mattel, sitting on a plastic throne dispensing orders from on high, but in the grand scheme of things, he's not. His position, as far as I can recall, is "Brand Manager" at Mattel, which sounds like a division in marketing, nothing really to do with actual toy production. There's likely many people above him that have more actual say in the MOTUC line. He spear headed the effort to make the MOTUC line, and he is likely respected at Mattel, but he is not the one who makes all the final decisions at Mattel, as brand manager, he is just the most visible to us fans. His love for MOTUC is as a fan, he doesn't get any kick backs from the line's success, and likely only makes a reasonable salary from Mattel.

That could just be Scott's summer home.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He winters in the Swiss Alps and flies in daily on a private He-Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    We like to think on these forums that Scott is some sort of important big shot at Mattel, sitting on a plastic throne dispensing orders from on high, but in the grand scheme of things, he's not. His position, as far as I can recall, is "Brand Manager" at Mattel, which sounds like a division in marketing, nothing really to do with actual toy production. There's likely many people above him that have more actual say in the MOTUC line. He spear headed the effort to make the MOTUC line, and he is likely respected at Mattel, but he is not the one who makes all the final decisions at Mattel, as brand manager, he is just the most visible to us fans. His love for MOTUC is as a fan, he doesn't get any kick backs from the line's success, and likely only makes a reasonable salary from Mattel.
    Sounds about right. Based on salaries I've seen online about Mattel, Scott isn't exactly rolling in the dough. Plus, as anyone from CA can attest, living in/around LA isn't cheap. If you want to buy a descent house in that area, I hope you won the lottery beforehand.

I talked to 2 of the sellers from the last Toy Hunter ep. today.Actually all 3 of the sellers were at the toy show today.Some of the things the people from Toy Hunter asked them before hand was a description of the area were the toys were at,how big the room was and in 1 case since the toys were in the basement was the basement moldy.They needed to know how big the rooms r for lighting purposes.Toy Hunter's crew had 13 members in it.They all 3 said that Jordan was a nice guy but he definitely turned it up when the camera came on.Jordan bought a lot more toys from them than what was shown being bought.He actually called 1 of them back days later to buy more toys from them.In 1 case it was a 13 hr. shoot to get 1 segment done.As for Vince he told me that the Wonder Bread/Savage He-Man was definitely not planted.He told me the story about how he obtained it years ago in a collection.A lady had a collection of toys for sale and called Vince.He went over to check them out and inside a castle Grayskull there was the W.B. He-Man laying in the bottom of the Castle.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Good to know it is somewhat reality
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Does anyone have a direct link to the toy guru episode?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Does anyone have a direct link to the toy guru episode?Thanks
    Didn't you read the whole thread? Just go back one page and there is an embedded you tube video of the episode.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    Didn't you read the whole thread? Just go back one page and there is an embedded you tube video of the episode.
    That link connects you to their travel channel page.I couldn't find the episode I was looking for.I don't believe it shows brand new episodes or I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    That link connects you to their travel channel page.I couldn't find the episode I was looking for.I don't believe it shows brand new episodes or I could be wrong.
    Yeah, the youtube account was closed and the web site only has three episodes.....none of which are the TG one. I'd like to see this too.

I think the name of the TG ep.is 80's Flashbax. It should b up if you go to the travel channel page an hit the Toy Hunter link and then scroll down to the eps
    1 more thing about the ep.the St.Louis area part was filmed last December. He also told the guys that he has filmed around 100 toy purchases.So that kind of makes since on some eps.were he buys stuff and sells stuff cheaper than on other eps.
    ICER

Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    I think the name of the TG ep.is 80's Flashbax. It should b up if you go to the travel channel page an hit the Toy Hunter link and then scroll down to the eps
    1 more thing about the ep.the St.Louis area part was filmed last December. He also told the guys that he has filmed around 100 toy purchases.So that kind of makes since on some eps.were he buys stuff and sells stuff cheaper than on other eps.
    It's not....newest episode is Boston Toy Party.

This dude is such a collector, they actually refer to him as the Toy Hunter on television.

Dang there way behind on the ep. updates.

- - - Updated - - -

The TG ep.reairs tonight at 8:30 central time.
    ICER

Widget
    I got excited recently because I thought the show started up extra early or something. My online episode tracker said a new episode was up sometime before the holidays. Turns out it was just a kind of "holiday recap" for when they did the scavenger hunt of the recall toys.

Not sure if this has been posted, but Scott will be on Toy Hunter this wed. 2-26-14.

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...ravel-channel/

- - - Updated - - -

Just bumping cuz might be a good watch.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but Scott will be on Toy Hunter this wed. 2-26-14.

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...ravel-channel/

- - - Updated - - -

Just bumping cuz might be a good watch.
    Thought it would be a lot more interesting than it was and he didn`t find a megator, ebay would be a lot better and less fuel consuming than driving all around the country, he bought a boxed Eternia for $1000 I can buy one right now on ebay for $700 buy it now or best offer

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar

Toy Hunter Episode Hulk Hogan

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/hogans-beach-shop

Latest episode features Hulk Hogan and a rare carded WWF Grand Toys White Shirt Hulk Hogan Figure
    Last edited by sportsandstuff777; March 8, 2014 at 12:57am. Reason: link
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/