Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thor: The Dark World Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Thor: The Dark World Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) will direct the Thor sequel coming out in 2013:

Deadline.com:
    Marvel Studios has found its Thor 2 director. I’m told that Marvel has set Alan Taylor, who was widely rumored to be on the short list to replace Patty Jenkins. Taylor is an accomplished TV director whose recent credits include Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Nurse Jackie, and he directed the feature Palookaville. Jenkins got the job but then fell out over differences with Marvel on the sequel.

This will put the film back on track to meet its November 15, 2013 release date. The sequel brings back Chris Hemsworth as the hammer-wielding superhero, from a script by Thor co-writer Don Payne. The Kenneth Branagh-directed original grossed $448 million worldwide and launched the star of Hemsworth, who reprised Thor in The Avengers and then played the latter title role opposite Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Huntsman for Universal. Taylor is repped by UTA.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    So who's the villain going to be? Since Loki was the main villain of the first one and will be in Avengers as well I doubt he'll be returning at least not as the primary focus.

Perhaps Enchantress (they could throw in Executioner too) A powerful enough adversary plus it can be used to create tension in the romance between Thor and Jane. (Natalie Portman has confirmed she is signed on for the sequel.)
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Loki is in the sequel.

from mtv.com:

Speaking of which, given what we know about Loki's shenanigans in the ensemble film, we asked Hiddleston how different the Asgardian prince will be from who he was in "Thor" to who he becomes in "Thor 2."

"In 'The Avengers' he’s really dark and kind of sociopathic, or maybe even psychopathic is the word, in a deluded way," he explained. "Obviously I haven’t let go of the spiritual damage at the heart of him, it still comes from that lost place, but he’s just incredibly nasty. I think that probably in 'Thor 2' his previous actions will, he’ll have to take responsibility for what he’s done."

"The great thing about Loki is there is potential in him for greatness and awfulness, for great heroism and great villainy," Hiddleston continued. "There are still, even within 'The Avengers,' there are moments where you see within Loki a glimmer of hope and that possibility of redemption."

He went on to say that the grey area in the degree of Loki's villainy makes the acting a lot more fun.

"It makes it fun to play and it makes it fun for the audience," he said. "Nobody is black and white, there are shades of grey in all of us. We all have potential for greatness and we all have flaws. I for one am championing the redemption," he added hopefully, along with a wish for a future Thor and Loki action scene: "This isn’t definitely going to happen, but I think there would be nothing more awesome than seeing Loki and Thor fight somebody side by side."

I think the Enchantress would be a good addition along with Loki.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

This is either an inspired choice, or a very cheap choice.

Enchantress without a doubt should be in there, and so should Hela. Carnilla would be cool too, and with her obviously Baldor.

I'd be surprised if they don't at least refer to Surtur.

My personal favorite though would be to see Seth the Serpent God and Heliopolis.

RE Taylor, I still haven't seen Game of Thrones apart from one episode, the director of which I don't know. I hope the movie isn't in uninspired hands.

I could go for some Enchantress.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Meh. Two years down the pipe? This isn't newsworthy yet until they actually start working on it and pictures start leaking onto the net LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Well it's newsworthy in the sense that the movie didn't have a director the past few weeks. Also newsworthy that the director isn't Uwe Boll.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Meh. Two years down the pipe? This isn't newsworthy yet until they actually start working on it and pictures start leaking onto the net LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well it's newsworthy in the sense that the movie didn't have a director the past few weeks. Also newsworthy that the director isn't Uwe Boll.
    MOTU movie doesn't even have a complete script
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

This is great news. My hope is that the sequel will have a s great a cast as the original and will be of the same quality. Games of Thrones is one of the best shows on HBO and gives me high hopes for the sequel.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Also newsworthy that the director isn't Uwe Boll.
    ACK!! RUN!! He who should not be named!! How could you mention that personification of evil??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The second Thor movie now has an official title and a release date. Thor: The Dark World comes out November 8, 2013.

gives hemsworth some time to do some bicep curls. in avengers he was looking VERY scrawny. (For a Thunder god that is)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

What do you think they mean by "Dark World"? The title doesn't tell me anything, I wonder if it could be dark elves or Hel?
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

I read Mads Mikkelsen was going to be the villain, but he had to drop out after he was cast for the Hannibal TV show. Maybe he was to be the Executioner?

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    What do you think they mean by "Dark World"? The title doesn't tell me anything, I wonder if it could be dark elves or Hel?
    This is what I want to know, too. Is the title relevant to Thor at all?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Wrecking Crew or Absorbing Man.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I read Mads Mikkelsen was going to be the villain, but he had to drop out after he was cast for the Hannibal TV show. Maybe he was to be the Executioner?
    He looks to be built more like Malekith. Also Executioner tends to be tied with Enchantress who would play more as the villain with Executioner playing off more like the Destroyer in the first film, being a physical threat. Which they could be skipping for a villain right now because it would play out a bit too closely story wise to the first movie, considering she is a former lover type and has a big guy who tries to beat up Thor.

So I would say the Dark Elves as the villains. But I just read it said a villain not the villain. so who knows.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Loki is in the sequel.

from mtv.com:
    Thing about Loki is, the way he acts he doesn't necessarily always have to be the villain. He and Thor will never get along that great, but he can easily show up in Asgard without being the main problem for our hero this time.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

Heroic Warrior
    I hope it is true that Jane Foster gets to go to Asgard with Thor.

I hope we get the Enchantress and they save Surtur for the third movie.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    He looks to be built more like Malekith. Also Executioner tends to be tied with Enchantress who would play more as the villain with Executioner playing off more like the Destroyer in the first film, being a physical threat. Which they could be skipping for a villain right now because it would play out a bit too closely story wise to the first movie, considering she is a former lover type and has a big guy who tries to beat up Thor.

So I would say the Dark Elves as the villains. But I just read it said a villain not the villain. so who knows.
    Yeah, I meant "a" villain, but indeed who knows. If he had been up for Executioner I'd consider that a strong indicator that Enchantress would be in the movie and he'd only be flanking her. Dark Elves will be nice to see but not as nice as Amora by any means.

I want as little of Loki as possible at this point. Not that the character or the actor are bad, but I'm had enough of him for now.

Being the villain in the first film and The Avengers is more then enough for now. T2 is going to get real boring real fast if there's too much of him in it yet again.

Enchantress would be my choice for this film, with Executioner at her side.

I agree about Loki not being a villain this time, I'd like to see him just dealing with the consequences of his actions in Avengers and maybe a set up for some villainous plan to play in Thor 3. Maybe being the mind behind the main villain(s) but taking no active part.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Heroic Warrior
    Loki is going to be in it but not as the villian or at least the main villian.

I am hoping they wait for the third one to use Surtur.