Thread: Steam Autume Sale 2013!

Steam Autume Sale 2013!

Who else is excited about this sale on Steam Autume's website? Are there any games you can recommend? Any that you regretted buying?

I'm eagerly awaiting for a chance to play Planetary Annihilation and Saint Row IV. I noticed a lot of games are on sale that are not featured on the front page, and you just need to dig for them.

Currently not much I look for, I have picked up from similar sales Cthulhu Saves the World, Death of Fire VII, all four Penny Arcade games (last ones made by Zeboyd also), Baldur's Gate 2 HD.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Anyone who likes action RPGs should look into picking up 1 or all of the Ys games which are 50% off right now. I've been a huge fan of the Ys series since I played Ys Book I & II on the TurboGrafx 16 CD back in the early 90s. The games are pretty light on story. The main focus of the Ys games is always the action. The Oath in Felghana is my personal favorite as it has a fun Metroidvania design, but all of them are great fun.

*mod note: please no sale links. thanks.

I saw one time they have the games Shining Force 1 and 2, didn't want to pay the full 3 bucks for them they are 50% off as is the sega classics pack they are a part of making it 3.75 for those two, shining in the darkness, Gunstar Heroes, streets of Rage 1 & 2 and some other games so went ahead and picked the up the classics pack.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Oh my God yes!

Here are just a handful of the great stuff on killer promo right now.

Chivalry complete pack
    Rise Of The Triad
    Dark Souls Prepare to die edition
    Sonic Generations
    Portal 1&2
    Half-Life Pack
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Super Meat Boy
    Skyrim
    Counterstrike GO
    Witcher 2
    Borderlands 2
    Injustice
    Bioshock Infinite
    Saints Row 2,3,4
    Mirror's Edge
    American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns
    Amnesia: Dark Descent
    Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion Remake
    Ducktales Remastered
    PayDay 2
    Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams/Rise of the owlverlord
    Y's (Beaten by a couple of posters up)

I've said it a million times here too, but DO play Chivalry, and Rise Of The Triad. These were great games
    made on a fifth of the budget of a Call Of Duty, or any other AAA Shootbang, and are easily two of my fav
    games of the last five years. The games are awesome, and are well below ten dollars right now.
    Chivalry is a little more if you get the expansion pack with it which, while suffering from one annoying bug, is still
    a blast to play. Pitting Knights against Spartans, Ninjas, Samurais, Vikings, and 16th century Nautical Pirates.
    Watch Totalbiscuit's, or Angry Joe's streams of the game sometime on twitch or youtube. It's a lot of fun.
    It's a lot like a Battlefield game, but in Medieval (Or all over historic in the expansion) times.
    As such weapons are 98% Melee weapons, so you will be fighting with axes, clubs, swords, and maces. There are
    a few ranged classes like Archers in the base game that can use bows, spears or crossbows, or Pirates, and Samurais
    in the expansion who can use Flintlock Pistols, Bows, and Blunderbusses but they have insanely long reload times, and
    no armor, and little health to balance out the fights. There are objective modes, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Last Man
    Standing modes. There is a Duel mode for those who only want to play 1v1 melee. There is something for every kind of shooter
    fan here. There are even interactive models on maps like catapults you can use.
    The fighting system is novel in that you don't just have a swing, or block button. Instead you have a variety of swing attacks, and block
    attacks. You also cannot simply click block, and expect to block. You have to aim or steer your blocks into the weapons to be effective.
    You can also flinch attacks to psyche out enemies by making them swing early leaving them open. You can steer your swings after pressing
    them to speed or delay your swings to stay unpredictable. It's an awesome game. Not perfect mind you. But it's pretty great overall.
    And with Battlefield 4's buggy launch, it's easier to look past the comparatively less offensive bugs here, and see that yes, a smaller
    developer can hang with AAA studios in gameplay even if they don't have the money for AAA graphics.

Rise Of The Triad is a reboot of the 1995 PC game, and is one of the most fun old school shooters in years. It updates
    the maps with current tech (Unreal Engine), while keeping the same theme of the originals. The gunplay is fast, fun, and arcade.
    The enemies are great. The guns are all back from the original. The bosses are back, and updated from the original. And while not
    a flawless game, is still more fun than a lot of modern AAA games out there. It's worth the full $15 price, and it's a steal at the super
    sale price right now. You play a counter terrorist group called HUNT, and can choose from each of it's members to play through the campaign with.
    You get marooned on a remote island run by a sadistic cult. So you have to fight your way through castles, mountains, volcanoes, and military installations
    facing Nazis, Robots, Evil Blood Cult Monks, and over the top B movie bosses. The game has ZERO linearity in the campaign. So it forces you
    to go out, and explore the levels for secrets (There are tons including retro stages), and keycards to go to new areas. It is very old school, and not
    in the SMASH TV sort of way other shooters like Painkiller, and Serious Sam have done it. It truly does bring the spirit of the original game to a more
    contemporary style, and benefits greatly from it. EVERY game these days that isn't a sandbox seems to take the Half-Life2/CoD linear approach, so the early
    90's approach here feels fresh. Multiplayer is a fun throwback to Quake III, and Unreal Tournament deathmatch design. No levelling, no perks. Just run, find
    a better gun right away, and go on a spree before someone ends you. It's very much reliant on twitch skills like aim, and movement, and not on the treadmill
    path of modern military shooters.

Also Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams, and it's expansion Rise Of The Owlverlord. These are two of the best platformers you will ever play.
    With the super sale both are well below ten bucks. If you love Super Mario Bros, Sonic The Hedgehog, Rayman, Mega Man, and pretty
    much any memorable platformer this is your game. If you buy NOTHING else I've suggested, DO buy this. Full 360 controller support
    tons of secrets, AWESOME music by Chris Huelsbeck (Famed Commodore 64 chiptune composer), and Machinae Supremacy (Famed European
    Heavy Metal band). Breathtaking graphics that blow away a lot of AAA budgeted titles, spot on controls, wonderful level design, and Ghosts N Goblins
    difficult bosses (Although they patched in an easy mode for those who couldn't win on normal when it first came out.).
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I don't recommend Rogue Legacy.
    Hammerwatch is cute, probably better in multiplayer with a controller instead of keyboard setup. A bit too simple to hold my attention.
    Looking forward to try the following:
    Half Minute Hero
    Evoland
    Primal Carnage
    Shadow Warrior
    D&D Chronicles of Mystara

I bought Need for Speed Most Wanted, Payday 2, SKyrim (Finally), Orc Must Die 2, and Music Creator 6.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.