Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BRONY! - Dudes liking My Little Pony?!

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    Actually, Genndy Tartakovsky created 'Samurai Jack', but Craig McCracken worked with Genndy on 'Dexter' for the first few seasons.
    Ah, thank you! I always get those two mixed up for some reason.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    Here's A fun little retrospective on 'My Little Pony'.
    My Little Spector!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Well, I've spent the last few days watching episodes of the show. I started with Season 1's opening 2-parter and loved it! The mythology and the plot of the show really drew me in.
    As I've watched more episodes, I'm really loving the characterisation of the ponies and the innocence of the show which helps teach it's morals without overdoing it or getting preachy.

I'm also loving the way it's bringing people together online through the Brony communities, discussing characters and storylines.

I've ordered a cool Brony T-Shirt and I'm deciding whether to start collecting the Hasbro ponies... So... I guess....

I'm a Brony!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0sW8...eature=related
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

And besides, Who couldn't love pinky pie? lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    And besides, Who couldn't love pinky pie? lol!

I wasn't too enamoured with her character to begin with, even though everyone says she's just like me, but she's definitely grown on me. I love her smile song, which everyone needs to check out on any video posting site where it's been uploaded.

I just found out that the guy who voiced Q in Star Trek, and who voiced the evil god of chaos, Discord In My Little Pony : Friendship is magic, has done more voice acting for the show! Exciting!!

I think I love My Little Pony : Friendship is magic more than I love MOTU at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I wasn't too enamoured with her character to begin with, even though everyone says she's just like me, but she's definitely grown on me. I love her smile song, which everyone needs to check out on any video posting site where it's been uploaded.
    It was only A matter of time...

Feel the power!!! The power of pppppppiiinnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Muh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Ok Ok Pinky's my fave lol!)
    Last edited by deltadod; March 22, 2012 at 11:07am.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I'm definitely a Brony. I've been watching episodes, AMVs, trailer parodies, reading fanfics and looking at various fanarts and loving it.
    Heck, I even decided to pick up the little PVC figures of the Mane 6 from the blind bags. Although I'm miffed that Fluttershy is just a Rainbow Dash repaint. Seriously, Hasbro!

Eeeyup, I'm most definitely a Brony.
    Last edited by SLO-MAN; March 23, 2012 at 04:47pm.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I just watched the 2-part pilot last night and I loved it! I am not sure I'm a brony yet, but I definitely want to see more episodes. We'll see if it holds my attention for long. And I kinda want to buy a couple of toys... just a few...

Did anyone see the season 2 finale?

Evil insectoid ponies with fangs that can coocoon you and mimic your form!
    So epic!!

Not content with merely buying the MLP FIM merchandise, I've been inspired to create my own customs.
    My Doctor Whooves custom pony is finally finished!

'The Canterlot Wedding' was quite A good season finale. Right up there with The pilot Episode, and 'The Return Of Harmony' as far as two parters go. My favorite part was when The Ponies fought the changeling demons. Definitely had A nice 'Powerpuff' vibe to it.
    Last edited by mbaker; June 8, 2012 at 09:33pm.

Sweet Mother of 200X Sorceress! I can't believe I missed the Brony thread!
    I remember as a kid watching G1, but not much... I did see some G3 episodes (Minty's X-mas special... I detest G3)

I wasn't really interested in MLP:FIM, but I was challenged to read a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic (neither Cupcakes nor My Little Dashie...) So I started watching the show to get a feel for the characters... I became a brony in 3 Episodes. Before I really noticed, I already owned the Mane 6, Pink Princess Celestia and most of my ringtones were Pinkie Pie songs!

Why do I like the show? It's Fun! The characters are not as 2 dimensional as they seem at first, and most importantly; it doesn't feel like a show aimed for little girls!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't grow up with My Little Pony (I wasn't into girly cartoons even though I'm a girl) when I was younger.

I decided to give this a shot to see what the big deal was. I watched the 2 part first episodes and I was...woah. I like Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Derpy Hooves (I don't see a problem with this character I think she's cute), Applejack, Fluttershy, and Spike (Rarity is okay, but sometimes she's a drama queen and I'm sorry to say this but I HATE PINKIE PIE! Sorry but Pinkie Pie annoys me to no end)

Oh man the Royal Wedding episode was epic.

Two words: Party Cannon!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I can't believe I actually like this show..but I really do.

I can't wait for Seson 3! John DeLancie (from Star Trek), who voiced fan-favourite villain Discord, is coming back to do more voice work!

Heroic Warrior
    Hopefully we will get another two parter for Discord.

*ahem* Sooo....Hasbro's SDCC exclusive for MLP is Derpy.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    That's not fair. I want a Derpy so badly. And it's too expensive for me to get it. Guess I have to make my own Derpy Hooves. Stupid PC people won't let her be on toys in Wal-mart.

Heroic Warrior
    I love this show but not much for the toys.

I never saw any of the older MLP shows but this one is great fun. I'm glad I gave it a shot.
    This message has been Orko Approved

And yet another one sucked in lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    My daughters LOVE mlp friendship is magic. The saga of Derpy is one of the best stories in fandom.

http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/

so whitch are you? I'm Pinkie pie.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    I just did the test. I'm Fluttershy.