Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BRONY! - Dudes liking My Little Pony?!

This is fun! I am Rarity! And I totes recognize myself in the description!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I got Fluttershy on the test.

I've booked my ticket for the Brony convention in Manchester, UK this August.

I'm such a geek lol
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

So I watched only the first episode out of curiousity, don't love it or hate it, but one episode in I'm not caught up in the hype. I'll watcha few more though. by the way i'm rainbow dash
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I got hooked after watching the first three episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    So I watched only the first episode out of curiousity, don't love it or hate it, but one episode in I'm not caught up in the hype. I'll watcha few more though. by the way i'm rainbow dash
    You gotta watch 3-5 to get the jist of the show, what is with people and thinking they can watch 1 ep and get instantly hooked. Rarely is anything THAT good
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You gotta watch 3-5 to get the jist of the show, what is with people and thinking they can watch 1 ep and get instantly hooked. Rarely is anything THAT good
    Batman TAS got me after 1 as did young justice and Avatar the Last Airbender and spectacular spider-man but those are rarities. I hated the simpsons until the end of season 2, now I'm a dedicated springfieldian even through all the hate other people throw at the show.

but I know to be fair I have to give it a nice run, I'm not writing it off after one viewing.
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 13, 2012 at 10:57am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

No matter how many positive things I heard about this show, I avoided it because I was sure it would be a waste of my time. I figured it would be something on the level of Barbie or the Disney princesses - just too girlie for a guy in his mid-thirties to possibly enjoy. But I finally decided to check it out for the first time last night as I’m working on a piece of fiction involving unicorns and thought, at the least, it might give me some kind of inspiration (I recently re-watched The Last Unicorn for the first time in 28 years for the same reason). And now... I’m 8 episodes in and can’t stop watching it! Dang...I guess I’m a brony.

I really appreciate the voice talent and the writing on this series. The humor is right down my alley and I actually found myself laughing out loud a few times. Nothing about the show was “too girlie” and I can see why the show appeals to a wide audience - it’s just a cute, harmless, and witty show with a charming cast of characters. Compared to a lot of the garbage on television, this is a “feel good” show that is fun to watch.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

I just took the personality test. I got Fluttershy, which pretty much describes me to a T.

In other news, the latest wave of blind bags have shown up in my country,
    and I already picked up Celestia, Luna, Lyra and Trixie for my blind bag collection.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Warrior
    The new dvd came out recently. It includes the 2 part wedding episode and the Gala episode.

I just took the personality test: I'm Applejack! Except, you know...male.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

There's images showing up on the internet of a villain character that was on a flash game on the MLP site. There's huge speculation that he may be the season 3 villain. He's really cool looking, like an evil Unicorn King or sorceror/demon style creature.

Heroic Warrior
    Can you give a link to this pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Can you give a link to this pic?
    Nope. Can't seem to find it. I think the original pic just showed his face, but here's one of many artist's speculations on what his body may look like.

EQD%u00252525202012%252520Guess%252520the%252520Character%252520Contest%252520Entry.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Nope. Can't seem to find it. I think the original pic just showed his face, but here's one of many artist's speculations on what his body may look like.

EQD%u00252525202012%252520Guess%252520the%252520Character%252520Contest%252520Entry.jpg
    That is cool looking.

I saw some posters at Wal-mart. It was for both the good guys and the bad guys. On the good guy one, Derpy is in it, but she's sleeping (probably to please the dumb soccer moms).

I saw an episode back some months ago when we got the Hub free for a weekend. It's a good show from what I saw, I could start watching it on netflix.

took the personality test, they tend to be more fun when you know little about the characters and before you get into a show. Often it's easy to pick out answers to be like your favorite if you know more.

I am most like Twillight Sparkle by a fair margin
    http://www.bronyland.com/pony-person...jAzNXw0Mzk1NjA
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I am most like Applejack but was a very close Twilight Sparkle when I took the personality test.

Girlfriend and I decided to load this up on Netflix this past Sunday for something a bit more lighthearted than what we have been watching. Not that the stuff we have been watching is heavy, just looking for something bit more bright and cheery.

Show is good, it was funny she didn't catch on that the main Pony's were all female till I told her which I think is what the wide appeal is. We will probably watch more episodes I am sure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

OK, Bronies....

Who is this and how was she sold? Pack in with something else, or on her own?

Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I haven't seen this new show, but I'm a guy and I do harbor a love for original '80s MLP, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, and POP. (I also love Glo-Friends, of "MLP and Friends")

I just took the quiz, and I'm Rarity. lol
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    OK, Bronies....

Who is this and how was she sold? Pack in with something else, or on her own?

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...f/P1240842.jpg
    That is the "Ponyville - Ready-for-Bed Pinkie Pie" figurine, I believe. She comes in a pack by herself with an alarm clock, toothbrush and toothpaste, a book, and a blanket (I think).

And yes, I'm scared that I know that...

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they anounce soon when the new episodes will start, the wait is killing me.

Heroic Warrior
    I heard one of the newer episodes (it might be a rumor though) deals with Derpy Hooves.

I just finished watching the entire series last night. While I loved it and can’t wait for season three, I found the last three episodes to be a little out of place with the rest of the series. In Mmmystery on the Friendship Express, three of the ponies totally betray Pinkie Pie, lie about it, make lame excuses for why they did it when caught, and suffer absolutely no consequences for their actions or learn any lessons about friendship in the process. Huh. It was a funny episode but really went against everything the show has stood for during its previous 49 episodes.

The final two-part episode is even more bizarre as it changes up the entire concept of the series. The whole point of the show is that Twilight Sparkle has no friends or sees the need for having them and is sent to Ponyville to learn about the subject. For two seasons she is fascinated to learn all of these things about friendship she never knew, BUT... it’s revealed in the finale that she already had a best friend in her big brother (whom we’ve never heard of before) and also her former baby-sitter, both of whom she did many of the friendship things she’s supposedly just learning about for the first time in Ponyville with. Kind of weird that they would just change things up like that at the end of the season.

Chances are, these things are just more noticeable when you watch all 52 episodes back to back in such a short amount of time like I did. I still think the show is awesome and can’t wait for next season to start.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    And besides, Who couldn't love pinky pie? lol!
    She's the most lovable pony you can imagine.

I would never watch the original cartoon back in the 80s as almost no boy would but thanks to this new show i am a brony.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I love the song she sings in ep 18 of the 2nd season.

"Almost"? I think that's the operitive word lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!