Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS MotUC PoG #2 spoilers for story and new information NO POSTING ART

Heroic Warrior

SPOILERS MotUC PoG #2 spoilers for story and new information NO POSTING ART

So since Val was asked to take down the art I thought this would be a good place to discuss certain elements of it- WITHOUT POSTING ANY OF IT PLEASE.

New information:

- Higuchi's 30th figure.
    - Hordak with spell tablet possible importance.
    - Hordak getting his arm cut off by KG.
    - Veena being separate from Teela's incarnation of Sorceress (Green Goddess and Veena being alive at the same time)
    - KING HE-MAN!

Use this thread as a catch all for spoilers from the comic
    BUT PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES.
    Please don't ask where you can see the art.
    And please don't post requests to have the art sent to you via PM or any other method.

Heroic Warrior
    Why should Higutchi's figure be the beast character and not the Extendar-like guy?

i'm coming in a bit late here; but did we get a direct depiction of higuchi's figure? ... or are we just guessing based on unknown characters seen in the images? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    From the He-Ro son of He-Man bible-

(notice the crown)

KING-ADAM.jpg
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

That line about GG and Veena gives away a bit of info that many may want to be surprised by...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I didn't see half of this stuff, so there must have been more art that surfaced while I was asleep. I wish I would have woken up earlier! I've tried searching ebay but I can't find anything.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I didn't see half of this stuff, so there must have been more art that surfaced while I was asleep. I wish I would have woken up earlier! I've tried searching ebay but I can't find anything.
    You didn't miss much maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Why should Higutchi's figure be the beast character and not the Extendar-like guy?
    Who said either are his character?

Edit: and yes I'm purposely being cryptic so I don't "spoil" it for people who didn't see it already.

Higuchi's 30th character is a gigantic blue lobster named Rock Lobstarrr.
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 25, 2012 at 01:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    So they have taken the art down on ebay as well
    Darn, I was quite interested in the Grayskull piece.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

there is an additional little spoiler taggy hide box thingy too.

so the text can remain hidden

The S! button in the advanced features or wrap the text in spoilers with brackets and slashes and stuff
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    So they have taken the art down on ebay as well
    Darn, I was quite interested in the Grayskull piece.
    It's nothing ground breaking in all honesty.
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 25, 2012 at 01:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Hordak's arm being removed by King Grayskull? Eh.

I speculated that would happen based on Hurricane Hordak's bio, but still not a fan of it. It seems like in all the major battles Hordak has his behind handed to him. I'm more of a fan that Hordak being such a major bad-ass that it takes an army of warriors to bring him down.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Hordak's arm being removed by King Grayskull? Eh.

I speculated that would happen based on Hurricane Hordak's bio, but still not a fan of it. It seems like in all the major battles Hordak has his behind handed to him. I'm more of a fan that Hordak being such a major bad-ass that it takes an army of warriors to bring him down.
    Yeah I have to second that notion- Hordak should not be getting pimp slapped left and right, unless they plan to have Horde Prime take over his spot in the canon?

Even if "Spoiler" is used in the title, everyone needs to start using the spoiler tags.
    We haven't made an official announcement about them yet so no harm, no foul. But for those who know about them, or are just finding out, please start using them.
    Thanks!

[ spoiler ] this is a spoiler! [ /spoiler ]

with the spaces removed turns into:

this is a spoiler!

I fear it's probably several hours too late to keep the information under wraps. Once it's on the internet it's there. But I feel with Mattel. Wellington Alves is probably not the most beloved person there at the moment...

Wow August is going to be insanely expensive again isn't it? This year is merciless on the volume of released product and double shipping charges for things that should be able to be combined.

Snakemen Soldiers 2 pack - which people will likely want more than one of.
    One or more SDCC exclusives
    Sir Laser Lot
    Weapons Pak 3 - which people will likely want more than one of.

And weapon packs aren't included in the sub, right? So that's AT LEAST three separate shipping charges. CRAZY!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    It's nothing ground breaking in all honesty.
    No, I have seen the art, but I wanted to place a bid

I already own the POG #1 cover art and I wanted to have an interior page as well, I think they are exceptionally well done, the small format and the colouring don't do them justice.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Yeah I have to second that notion- Hordak should not be getting pimp slapped left and right, unless they plan to have Horde Prime take over his spot in the canon?
    Probably. I'm not a fan of the notion of a Horde Prime, either. To me, Hordak always represented the ultimate threat to the universe. Not just some 2nd in command to someone else.

I always kind of saw King Grayskull's victory against Hordak as a bit of a stroke of lucky anyway. He managed to turn the banishment spell (or was that the spell of separation?) back on Hordak which jettisoned him and the Horde to Despondos. Probably with some the help of Veena I would imagine.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Wow August is going to be insanely expensive again isn't it? This year is merciless on the volume of released product and double shipping charges for things that should be able to be combined.

Snakemen Soldiers 2 pack - which people will likely want more than one of.
    One or more SDCC exclusives
    Sir Laser Lot
    Weapons Pak 3 - which people will likely want more than one of.

And weapon packs aren't included in the sub, right? So that's AT LEAST three separate shipping charges. CRAZY!
    Did they move the Snake 2-pack to August? I didn't know that. I kind of prefer that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Probably. I'm not a fan of the notion of a Horde Prime, either. To me, Hordak always represented the ultimate threat to the universe. Not just some 2nd in command to someone else.

I always kind of saw King Grayskull's victory against Hordak as a bit of a stroke of lucky anyway. He managed to turn the banishment spell (or was that the spell of separation?) back on Hordak which jettisoned him and the Horde to Despondos. Probably with some the help of Veena I would imagine.
    Good point on the Veena nod- you're likely right!

Also- I agree Hordak should be the big baddie.

QUESTION:-

How did the Bionatops get across the ocean from the village in Anwat Gar to the Grayskull Tower? Did the Turbodactyl carry him!!!???
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    QUESTION:-

How did the Bionatops get across the ocean from the village in Anwat Gar to the Grayskull Tower? Did the Turbodactyl carry him!!!???

Since I've only seen small pencil sketches of the panels, can you tell me about this?? Is Anwat Gar mentioned?

EDIT - never mind... I have just seen the finished uncolored sketches... I had only seen the rough pencils... and there was no detail.

does it say "Goddes 1" on the group picture? i wonder what colour she has.

Maybe this Extendar-Guy is the human Extendar before he was transformed into the cyborg.

i still think the ultimate weapon to defeat the Snake Men will be

the Staff of Ka. it's interesting that Kiss has the Staff of Ka instead of his usual staff in #1.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Since I've only seen small pencil sketches of the panels, can you tell me about this?? Is Anwat Gar mentioned?

EDIT - never mind... I have just seen the finished uncolored sketches... I had only seen the rough pencils... and there was no detail.
    On the first page where Preternia He-Man is fighting Megator, we see a village of Sy-Klones and Gars running away. Based on the oriental architecture in the background, it was speculated to be Anwat Gar. I guess it could be another location, but the Sy-Klone peeps make it appear to be Anwat Gar.

-------------------

Also, isn't it the wrong arm for Hordak to lose .... it appears his left arm is being chopped off....but his right arm is the Hurricane Hordak one?

I guess he must get infected with the Techno-Virus here and become Techno Hordak (Blue Filmation version) after he retreats back to Despondos, as Hurricane Hordak comes much later (5000 years later?) in the Second Ultimate Battleground!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 25, 2012 at 02:35pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    DING DING DING this is the correct answer Dan
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 25, 2012 at 02:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder how this story will end...