Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faulty Sorceress and Fisto figures with no more CS Stock.

Faulty Sorceress and Fisto figures with no more CS Stock.

How many people ended up stuck with a defective Sorceress or Fisto because Mattel didn't have enough customer service stock on hand for replacements?

I have a sub and I emailed them about my damaged Sorceress the day she arrived, but I couldn't get any help. Before all was said and done I contacted them over half a dozen times and the first time I got any competent response from them was yesterday when Brady O. told me he would send me a refund. MINUS the cost of SHIPPING!?!

Looks like being a subscriber does not guarantee me all the figures.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Ok that's what really galls me is this whole refusal to reimburse shipping. The mistake wasn't yours, no part of the cost of the figure should be your burden to pay. If they feel burned by it they can ask you to return the figure and e-mail you a ups shipping label AT THEIR COST. Still a replacement should be available, that's just not good business. Any business should offer a customer either an exchange or refund if they have a defective product.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Bad enough the said product couldn't be manufactured with zero defects. I can understand a few here and there, but most of the figures that go out are flawed one way or another. If this were different, we wouldn't have to deal with DR as much as we do. Make it right the first time China!!!!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hold up, wait, WHAT?! They send you a defective Sorceress and Fisto, refuse to exchange it for new ones, and then want their product back WITHOUT refunding the shipping cost?

Sueing people gets passed around so much these days, but a situation like this is seriously breaking their contracts and is sueable.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

File a complaint with the BBB. Their shipping and "handling" prices are inflated to begin with, and they charge tax on that, which isn't actually required yet (it's not).

This refusal to cover shipping is the most unethical thing I have heard of them doing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    My Sorceress has a screwed up ankle joint, but I knew they had no replacements so I haven't even bothered to complain.

My Fisto is fine, Dr K. I just mentioned Fisto figures in the title because I've seen several people having an issue with not being able to exchange him as well.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I'm one of those who ended up with a defective Sorceress thanks to the cheap plastic used on her staff and they refunded my money after about 2 weeks of 'escalation' and plenty of complaining about how they're the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Fortunately I've been able to buy a replacement staff from the boards here, so she won't be incomplete when that arrives. Funny thing is my refund wasn't even the full cost of the figure but $19 and some change. I can't say I really mind not being refunded for the S&H as I got to keep all the other figures from that month but I'm baffled they would shave off some money from the initial $20 cost of the Sorceress.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    lol... MOTUC figures are a little like cars, they depreciate as soon as they arrive at your doorstep.

Well, being as I live in the UK my sub order didn't arrive until two weeks ago, by which time I'd been seeing this type of thread for a couple of weeks.

My Sorceress was fine, physically, but has a massive paint chip on the end of her nose. And my Fisto's left arm is covered in smudged paint of varying colours. Both of these are fixable by me and I knew I'd never get a replacement anyway, so I didn't even bother contacting CS. If I'd had broken joints I'd have been more upset, but I can tolerate these minor faults (not that I should have to, mind you!).

However, I'm getting more and more concerned about CS stock running out weeks before my order even arrives with me. We all know Mattel don't give a stuff about international fans and I'm sure this is one of their tactics to push us further away. But I bought the sub this year with the understanding that I'd get all the figures and with the assumption that, if any of those figures were sub-par, I'd be entitled to get a replacement. The combination of increased shipping times, 30 day returns policy, return postage having to be paid by the customer and CS stock running out weeks before my order(s) arrive means that it's likely I'm going to end up with many damaged figures I just won't be able to get replacements for, unless I hit eBay.

Buying toys from MC is getting more stressful each month. *Sigh*

I agree with the above statement about contacting the BBB, it's worked for me several times now. Worth a shot!

Well the problem wasn't with shipping, after all it did make it to your house.
    If you're getting a refund and keeping your "defective" figures, you're getting a better deal than most people.

I'm not paying anything to have something defective shipped back....same thing I told Dish Network when they said I'd have to pay to have a defective receiver sent back when the nearest FedEx place was 30 minutes from me to take it, and the box wouldn't fit in a drop box. They had a prepaid label, and it costs FedEx nothing to come get it when they are already in the area, and I told Dish to stick the $10 for the pick-up.

Mattel would be told the same thing....if you want your defective figure back....come get it....But I would also tell them where to stick the not refunding shipping thing as well. I have dealt with a few online stores, and BBTS & HTS are two, and both have awesome return policies & refund policies....

And the same for DR not being able to cancel an order is stupid....BBTS can cancel an order up to 3 months, and up to the time it begins to ship...right away, without calling or E-mailing, pretty much the same with HTS, and if HTS sends you a wrong or defective item, another gets shipped for free right to you, right away, and you return nothing.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm afraid I'm not getting my fisto & all i will get is a refund.
    I ended up getting a sorceress in a fisto box. so i did get fisto. just two sorceresses in one order.
    been dealing with dr all this time.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not getting my fisto & all i will get is a refund.
    I ended up getting a sorceress in a fisto box. so i did get fisto. just two sorceresses in one order.
    been dealing with dr all this time.
    Same thing happened to me. Although I bit the bullet early and picked up Fisto on the secondary market - but I emailed back and forth with DR for a month just to see how bad their process is, and to see how seriously they take the "return the product" rule. They don't budge, and also I went a week to a week-and-a-half in between emails from them each time. I told them to basically stuff it, that I paid UPS shipping for a figure that wasn't in the box, that I purchased and received a Fisto from ebay in the time it took for them to respond to an email, and that I had no more need for their long drawn out process. While I thought that ended it, they emailed me again a week and a half later to say they had forewarded my complaint to their 'review department', who then emailed me back with the same damn return instructions I got the first time.

I've got a similar problem, potentially. I finally opened up Kobra Khan this morning, and as soon as I changed his head to the hooded version, the neck joint broke. I didn't use any undue force. The piece had to be defective from the get go. I hope they still have some Kobra Kahns left for quality control issues like this.
    Wolfman Jake

This really irks me because a lot of international customers haven't even received their figs yet (ie: Photog, Fisto, Sorceress and Shadow Weaver) so we don't even know of we're gonna need replacement figs and now all the CS stock is gone!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got a Sorceress in a Fisto box; e-mailed that night, got a response the next morning. Had UPS shipping label in my inbox within half an hour and a Fisto reserved for me. I dropped the box off at the nearby UPS store, and within less than two weeks, the replacement Fisto was in my hands (and it was Fisto; the box had been opened and he was in the mailer backwards, so I figure someone actually checked before shipping him as I asked them to). No extra shipping for the return or the replacement.

Oh, wait a second, you didn't think I was talking about DR/Matty, did you? Bwahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! ! Oops, sorry. No, this was BBTS. If it was Matty, I'd still be trying to get the figure the sub supposedly guaranteed me...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Someone posted in Ask Matty to Scott that they had a sub cancelled then reinstated. They were charged for Sorceress & fisto but DR ran out so they only refunded the sub holder the figures cost but not the shipping. Scott said he will look into this because if no product was availabe to ship there should be no shipping cost. With fisto I know what happend, DR CS didn't have enough Fistos because Mattel was passing out free fistos to the press at NYTF and if they didn't do that everyone probably would have gotten their fisto.

Going forward Scott has said they are taking extra day of sale stock to give to CS for replacements.

So with Scott doing that, it leaves even less stock for day of sale buyers and we might start seeing faster sell outs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Mattel was passing out free fistos to the press at NYTF and if they didn't do that everyone probably would have gotten their fisto.
    So in other words this was LITERALLY Scott's fault? Well that just makes me even more likely to not only never buy another Mattel product again, but spread the word about just how unscrupulous a company Mattel has gotten.

it´s outrageous that they won´t cover shipping; though it is typical of a lot of companies out there (that doesn't make it right though!).

Court Magician
    Can someone clarify what the problems were with Fisto and Sorceress please - I have missed the discussion on them and not opened mine yet and scared to until I know whats potentially wrong.
    Last edited by THE BESTMAN; April 10, 2012 at 11:00am.

Heroic Warrior
    The biggest problem is that your Fisto might be a Sorceress. Not too sure of the other issues as I have yet to even receive mine yet.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    The biggest problem is that your Fisto might be a Sorceress. Not too sure of the other issues as I have yet to even receive mine yet.

Nope 100% got the right figures so that's a good start so far.

With fisto I know what happend, DR CS didn't have enough Fistos because Mattel was passing out free fistos to the press at NYTF and if they didn't do that everyone probably would have gotten their fisto.
    Where did you hear that? This is the first I've heard of it.

Heroic Warrior
    With fisto I know what happend, DR CS didn't have enough Fistos because Mattel was passing out free fistos to the press at NYTF and if they didn't do that everyone probably would have gotten their fisto.
    Now this is just outright stupidity. If a Brand Manager is not mindful enough to know that he might be eating away at needed stock by giving it away for free then he needs to go. I don’t think Mattel’s only problem is bad quality toys, but it might be bad quality employees and hiring practices as well. With someone who makes so many mistakes and has embarrassingly bad PR skills how can that person still have a job?