Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS MotUC PoG #2 spoilers for story and new information NO POSTING ART

Sorry but to me it's a tease and I HATE teases it reaks of a "Control Freak" and what better hype when you know who it is BUT don't know what they will look like that is MORE hype....
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 25, 2012 at 08:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Sorry but to me it's a tease and I HATE teases it reaks or a "Control Freak" and what better hype when you know who it is BUT don't know what they will look like that is MORE hype....
    Isn't it better to leave your customers wanting more? Do you go to a concert knowing in advance every song that will be played and in what order it will be played in? I think that takes some of the fun out of it. Each to their own though

Now just picture every post here, but being said by guys in suits and not talking about toys...that's how congress is run.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Isn't it better to leave your customers wanting more? Do you go to a concert knowing in advance every song that will be played and in what order it will be played in? I think that takes some of the fun out of it. Each to their own though
    Yea but Mattel does this all the time and they like to keep people in the dark unlike...Cough...Hasbro...Cough!

And concerts are different you have an idea on what songs they play but at least you KNOW!

And with the 2002 line you knew what was coming why change that now??

Yea but Mattel does this all the time and they like to keep people in the dark unlike...Cough...Hasbro...Cough!
    Oh, that's right because we know who is coming in Marvel Legends wave 3 & 4 and we know who is coming in the Star Wars line in the 4th quarter of this year... except we don't. Hasbro likes to reveal those things at SDCC just like Mattel. I have no idea why you think other companies are any different.

I do apologise for sending this off topic. I take full responsibility.

Mini Comic discussion ahoy;

Wouldn't it make sense that Hordak had his right arm cut off to better align with the look of Hurrican Hordak?

And concerts are different you have an idea on what songs they play but at least you KNOW!

And with the 2002 line you knew what was coming why change that now??
    I know who is coming in MOTUC because they were released in the 80's so the concert analogy is the same
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 25, 2012 at 08:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    You don't get the point...Oh well

Then please explain it to me.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Right, let's get back on track -

For people who haven't seen them-

PAGE 01

PANEL 01 Megator is rampaging through a village, and some "Sy-Klone" suited Gars are getting defeated by him, and thrown around all over the place.

PANEL 02 Megator looks round, as though he has seen something that takes him by surprise

PANEL 03 BOOOM. Preternia Disguise He-Man punches his lghts out!

PANEL 04 Megator lands on the ground. He-Man chuckles at his stupid ogre face

PANEL 05 What's this? He-Man hears something
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

With all due respect, what you're proposing isn't very hard to understand...

PAGE 02

PANEL 01 It is He-RO, standing heroic, with the power sword in hand and sunlight shining from the horizon behind.

PANEL 02 He-Man looks on in amazement.

PANEL 03 "Let's go for a ride He-Friend". They both walk over to a Bionatops.

PANEL 04 - He-Ro on Turbodactyl, and He-Man on Bionatops ride towards the Grayskull Tower!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

PAGE 03

PANEL 01 - He-Ro and He-Man kneel before King Grayskull

PANEL 02 - King Grayskull shakes He-Man's hand

PANEL 03 - Preternia Masters Of The Universe team shot. They include -

King Grayskull
    He-Ro
    Eldor
    Green Goddess
    Veena
    Sir Laser Lot
    Mighty Spector
    MossMan
    Zodak
    Tytus
    (and 2 unrecognisable characters)
    1 looks like Beast from X-Men (labeled simply as Beast Man on the sketch)
    1 looks like Boba Fett from Star Wars wearing what appears to be Extendar armor.

PANEL 04 - He-Man close up.
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 25, 2012 at 09:43pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

I can't wait to see the full comic. Now Mattel, please partner with someone to make a monthly comic.
    XOXO

Could the Megator rampage be another ploy to fuel the hatred between the Gar and the Eternians?

PAGE 04

PANEL 01 - Major battle taking place outside Central Tower. Snake Men vs Preternia Masters. King Grayskull fights Tung Lashor. LaserLot punches Rattlor in the face! Preternia Disguise He-Man smacks Squeeeeeeze about.Bionatops goes on a rampage. Tytus and Zodak in background.

PANEL 02 - Laser Lot close up. He-Man punches out Snake Face. He-Ro is prancing about in the background.

PANEL 03 - OMG. Horde arrives. Hordak carries with him the Tablet for the spell of Seperation (from MYP cartoon, it is the same, it has same symbols on it and everything, I checked!) Horde troopers in background. Grizzlor and Leech in foreground. Flying Imp (or the gargoyle that comes with vintage Hordak) in the sky above.

PANEL 04 - King Hissss says something to the presumed emissary of the Nameless one (ie Skeletor)

PANEL 05 - Hordak holds up the spell of seperation tablet threateningly.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

PANEL 03 - OMG. Horde arrives. Hordak carries with him the Tablet for the spell of Seperation (from MYP cartoon, it is the same, it has same symbols on it and everything, I checked!) Horde troopers in background. Grizzlor and Leech in foreground. Flying Imp (or the gargoyle that comes with vintage Hordak) in the sky above.
    Anyone got a MYP screen grab of this?

PAGE 05

PANEL 01 - Close up of Preternia Disguise He-Man. Snake men in the background.

PANEL 02 - King Grayskull and He-Ro rush towards Hordak.

PANEL 03 - Skeletor outside the Central Tower looks towards the battle.

PANEL 04 - Preternia Disguise He-Man catches up to Skeletor. They face off.

PANEL 05 - HE-Ro and King Grayskull still rush towards Hordak. Hordak is holding his hands out, about to conjure up some magic no doubt!!!

PANEL 06 - WHAT'S THIS!!!!!!!! A powerful blast from Hordak blasts right through He-RO's body!!!! OH NOES!!!!

-----------------------

PAGE 06

PANEL 01 - Uh Oh! Thing's don't look good for He-Ro. I think he is mortally wounded. King Grayskull holds him as he lies on the floor.

PANEL 02 - Close Up of He-Ro's face. (I think he's dead )

PANEL 03 - Preternia Disguise He-Man stops his battle with Skeletor and looks at what has just happened.

PANEL 04 - (It appears to be a shot of the Central Tower mouth, and possibly Tytus throwing Megator into the mouth) King Grayskull charges towards Hordak.

PANEL 05 - SLASH!!! King Grayskull (now in possesion of He-Ro's Power Sword) chops off Hordaks arm!!!!! (Interestingly, it is his LEFT arm, not his right as one would expect, based on the arm-cannon arm)

PAGE 07 -

PANEL 01 - Shot of Central Tower. It starts rumbling...is it an Earthquake????? (Or Eternia-quake, or whatever)

PANEL 02 - Shot of ELDOR reading a spell from his magic book, with his staff held high aloft!(probably angry cause He-Ro has been killed)

PANEL 03 - All The 3 Towers begin to sink into the ground...never to see the light of day for another 5000 years!

PANEL 04 - This one is V. Interesting. It is a close up of The Mighty Spector's face. He appears to be either communicating with someone via his wrist device, or simply preparing to make a time jump. What is intersting is a face appears floating above him, as though communicating with him (either Spector is remembering what this person is saying, or he is speaking with him on a telecom device). Anyway, most people thought this person was King Randor, as he wears a crown and has a beard...but then someone pointed out that...

...it says "He-Man" on the notes in the margin. Turns out on closer inspection, the character is actually KING ADAM from the He-Ro son of He-Man pitch made by Mattel back in the late 80's.KING-ADAM.jpg

PANEL 05 - Skeletor looks startled as the Towers begin to sink. Preternia disguise he man looks deflated.

PANEL 06 - Skeletor turns to see...

PANEL 07 - Hordak and his Troopers preparing to retreat into a portal to Despondos. I guess they needed the Central Tower to perfrom their spell, and now it has been sunk, they have to retreat. The 1st Ultimate Battleground is over!
    Last edited by dorrmann; February 26, 2012 at 12:21pm. Reason: Back-to-back posting
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Then enlighten me..Man some of you guys are like sheep and if someone gives you something your happy with it when they are holding off stuff that they know they can "Leak Out"

And I knew someone was going to play the Marvel Legends or Hasbro "Card" as an excuse sorry but for I also collect SW Figures and when someone is being made and is in the works they let the fan base know..So please STOP defending Mattel like your work for them already..Lemmings....
    I agree with you
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

PAGE 08

PANEL 01 - Birds eye view of what appears to be He-Ro's funeral. All the Preternia masters are in attendence.

PANEL 02 - Preternia Disguise He-Man pays tribute to his fallen friend (who he only really knew for about a day, I guess). The Sorceress Teela communicates with him telepathically. "Time to come home He-Man" (I'm guessing that's what she says, there is no text)

PANEL 03 - A portal appears. King Grayskull walks over towards He-Man. A Bionatops is in the background (possibly carrying something on it's back) Someone said it might be a captured Skeletor, but I'm not sure. (Might be He-Ro's coffin?)

PANEL 04 - He-MAn and Grayskull say farwells to each other.

PANEL 05 - Grayskull puts his hand on He-Man's shoulder. "Thanks for your help stranger!" (again, no text, but that's what I guess)

PANEL 06 - He-Man exits through the portal, back to present day. King Grayskull looks on heroically through the portal, as He-Man returns to his own time (presumably with the information he needs to destroy King Hisss once and for all)

TO BE CONTINUED IN MINI COMIC 3....

Where we will no doubt see the 2nd Ultimate Battleground in the present day, and where King Hiss is finally defeated...but can Snake-Man-AT_Arms lead the Snake Men in his absence???? What are these strange Techno-Parts that are taking over our beloved Skeletor, turning him more cybernetic????? And who are these 2 mysterious travellers from the future come to locate the fabeld Twins Of Power????

ALL WILL BE REVEALED!!!!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Heroic Warrior
    I ask myself, what has He-Man changed in the past? What are the consequences for present time besides the knowledge how to defeat the Snakemen?

If He-Man helps King Grayskull & He-Ro in the Ultimate Battleground, how it end before He-Man traveled through time?

Heroic Warrior
    Im most concerned about the lack of a character in this epic battle , and that is Battle Lion ..... Im a huge fan, but I dont know everything. I cant say ive seen every 200x episode, read all the printed media or even remember all the Filmation cartoons(but am rewatching them all with my sons!) I never watched She - Ra but plan to now, and know even less about NA storyline. I didnt even know who Veena was before she was mentioned here!

So Ive been drooling over these panels since they were reveiled earlier ( i was actually online reading the thread when it got pulled! ) And despite the huge uproar it has caused between some memebrs I couldnt believe noone mentioned that Grayskull's Battle Lion was not to be seen! (unless i missed it anyhow. sorry if i did!)

Then enlighten me..Man some of you guys are like sheep and if someone gives you something your happy with it when they are holding off stuff that they know they can "Leak Out"

And I knew someone was going to play the Marvel Legends or Hasbro "Card" as an excuse sorry but for I also collect SW Figures and when someone is being made and is in the works they let the fan base know..So please STOP defending Mattel like your work for them already..Lemmings....
    I wasn't defending Mattel, but what you keep prattling on about is just a bit nonsensical, I was trying to be somewhat nice by saying it wasn't hard to understand. I realize I'm contributing, but why are we even talking about this in this thread?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    About Battle Lion, perhaps he will be rescued by King Grayskull later in life? I don't know. It would have been cool to see him in the comic though! We saw the dinosaurs.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Seeing these sketches today and reading MISSILE-TOE's freaking awesome panel by panel break down of them makes me realize how media starved I am for MOTU! I hope there is someway there can be more MINI comics in the future! Or any comics or a cartoon! Bring it on!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    Im most concerned about the lack of a character in this epic battle , and that is Battle Lion ..... Im a huge fan, but I dont know everything. I cant say ive seen every 200x episode, read all the printed media or even remember all the Filmation cartoons(but am rewatching them all with my sons!) I never watched She - Ra but plan to now, and know even less about NA storyline. I didnt even know who Veena was before she was mentioned here!

So Ive been drooling over these panels since they were reveiled earlier ( i was actually online reading the thread when it got pulled! ) And despite the huge uproar it has caused between some memebrs I couldnt believe noone mentioned that Grayskull's Battle Lion was not to be seen! (unless i missed it anyhow. sorry if i did!)
    The MYP Episode, The Powers Of Grayskull, would take place a little while after this 1st ultimate battleground. With that in mind, maybe King Grayskull hasn't met Battle Lion yet. As the mini comic is so small (8 pages) I think they had to cram a lot in it, and maybe Battle Lion was somewhere else that day, off on another mission...but I'm sure he'll fit fine in the MOTUC canon (and prob be released as a beast figure at some point I'd guess, cause he's cool!)

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but the HE-RO SON OF HE-MAN arc has what looks like a BATTLE LION in it too! (but this one is blue)

//http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Masters_of_the_Universe/He-Ro_Son_of_He-Man_Bible.pdf
    MOTUC WISH LIST