Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS MotUC PoG #2 spoilers for story and new information NO POSTING ART

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    So, The Mighty Spector works for KING ADAM eh? Does anyone think one of his missions was to keep an eye on He-Ro (possibly KING ADAM's adopted son?).

But if so, King Adam must have already know He-Ro was going to die, because he witnessed the funeral himself back when he was PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    So, The Mighty Spector works for KING ADAM eh? Does anyone think one of his missions was to keep an eye on He-Ro (possibly KING ADAM's adopted son?).

But if so, King Adam must have already know He-Ro was going to die, because he witnessed the funeral himself back when he was PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN.
    maybe TMS was sent there by King Adam to look over PD He-Man! so that He-Man doesn't change things (like saving He-Ro).

it's great to see Eldor sinking the Towers.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm wondering about He-Ro's job when Eldor is doing the important magic stuff all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    maybe TMS was sent there by King Adam to look over PD He-Man! so that He-Man doesn't change things (like saving He-Ro).
    Oooh....Mesa liken this!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

well since all this takes place in the second Mini Comic it makes Snake Man At Arms a bit more interesting since the Mini comic comes with him.

Not sure I've seen the same art since some of those OP points weren't obvious to me. No arm hacking or anything.

I am curious though about

In the picture with King Grayskull and I guess all his allies, I can see Spector and two other characters to the left of KG. One of them looks like X-Men's Beast and other looks like a teched out Palace Guard. I assume one of these is the next 30th anniversary figure, but which one? Is the beast guy the Glorm? It's not Mossman, who is very obvious on the right of KG. I'm very curious who those guys could be.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    All we know about them is ....

The one that looks like a beast, seems to be simply called "Beast Man" (or possibly "Beast something"). The art that you haven't yet seen is the entire 8 pages roughly sketched out in simple layouts with notes. On that page the composition of the characters is a little different, and only the "Beast man" is shown. The cyborg Extendar-type guy is absent, so he must have been an afterthought. What this means is, I'm not really sure?
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    Ah. Well it makes sense that we don't know everyone yet if some characters are still being created, right?

Scott, if you're reading this, add those Council of Wisdom characters from the 200x comics! They look awesome and would compliment these guys very nicely! Okay, I know you can't really do that, but don't leave them out of MOTUC, you know?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    maybe tms was sent there by king adam to look over pd he-man! So that he-man doesn't change things (like saving he-ro).

It's great to see eldor sinking the towers.

m-night-douchealan.jpg what a twist!

Did I miss something? Why is it that ALOT of info only 4-5 people know? And when it does come out it's no big deal...

That art looks fantastic, and I am very excited for Veena as she looks so great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Did I miss something? Why is it that ALOT of info only 4-5 people know? And when it does come out it's no big deal...

Basically Wellington Alves sold his original sketches and finished ink pages on E-Bay and it caused a storm because it reveals a crap load of things I'm sure TG and Mattel didn't want known yet. If you read earlier in the topic it's explained in the spoiler boxes Don Honestly though you didn't miss anything that wasn't already somewhat known with the exception of the 30th figure from Higuchi.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Basically Wellington Alves sold his original sketches and finished ink pages on E-Bay and it caused a s- storm because it reveals a crap load of things I'm sure TG and Mattel didn't want known yet. If you read earlier in the topic it's explained in the spoiler boxes Don Honestly though you didn't miss anything that wasn't already somewhat known with the exception of the 30th figure from Higuchi.
    So there were pics posted I take it...Gotta love Mattel...

Heroic Warrior
    So there were pics posted I take it...Gotta love Mattel...
    See this is why the whole cloak and daggers approach is extremely stupid and outdated at this point- it will leak one way or another. Although I will be the first to say that Alves is a freaking moron and should be totally black balled from comics and the toy market.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    For those wanting to learn more, expect an article later today about the whole deal! It'll explain who did the art, when the pages first premiered and why they vanished. Expect a detailed synopsis of the art so those who have not seen it can follow along the discussion. I hope (if some people respond) to have an exclusive detail or two! I will NOT be posting the art or give away links to their location. Every Body, please follow the rules and do not ask me.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; February 25, 2012 at 04:02pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    I'm wondering, if Mattel wants to produce these 2 new characters...The cyborg/robot guy looks cool, I guess...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    For those wanting to learn more, expect an article my be later today about the whole deal. I plan to explain the art in a detailed synopsis so those who haven't seen it can follow along the discussion.
    That's cool of you to do on your own time Eldor as it seems there are a great deal of people who are out of the loops who WANT to know- kudos to you.

So when did these pages go up on E-Bay? Were they pulled??
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 25, 2012 at 04:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Berserker79;2963581]I'm wondering, if Mattel wants to produce these 2 new characters...The cyborg/robot guy looks cool, I guess...[/QUOTE

One of them isn't a new character- or at least not in the traditional sense of the word "new"

So when did these pages go up on E-Bay? Where they pulled??
    Yup I posted a note on Matty Collectors Facebook page and pretty much 5 minutes later...BLAM.
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 25, 2012 at 03:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Alves may need the money. We don't know the story there.

Though, legally, doesn't Mattel OWN that material? I mean, it's standard for companies like Mattel to have a clause in whatever contract they sign with an artist that it owns whatever material the artist produces.

Plus, Dark Horse is also publishing these... so maybe Mattel doesn't have any rights to it, and that's why Scott was able to swing this? It would be cheaper the less control Mattel had, I'd imagine.

Strange.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Alves may need the money. We don't know the story there.

Though, legally, doesn't Mattel OWN that material? I mean, it's standard for companies like Mattel to have a clause in whatever contract they sign with an artist that it owns whatever material the artist produces.

Plus, Dark Horse is also publishing these... so maybe Mattel doesn't have any rights to it, and that's why Scott was able to swing this? It would be cheaper the less control Mattel had, I'd imagine.

Strange.
    Doesn't Alves get regular work in the industry though- although that's true he may have needed the money. It's still a super unprofessional thing to do especially working with clients like Mattel, Dark Horse, Marvel etc. you would think he'd know better?

Edit: I just thought of the realistic possibility that someone who works in the company or even the publishing plant itself could have possibly stolen copies of the master pages and then sold them as legit articles?

Really hope Terry's character looks like that iconic X-Men guy just for the reactions on this board alone.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Really hope Terry's character looks like that iconic X-Men guy just for the reactions on this board alone.

I hope by all that is holy in MOTUVERSE that my source is wrong and it's the pre-transformation Extendar lol

Artists sell their art all the time. It's how they supplement their income.

My guess is he probably thought enough time had passed and he was in the clear since he had completed the art for this a long time ago. Usually comics are released much quicker than these MOTUC mini-comics have been. I doubt he meant any harm at all.

The minis will be out with the figures before ya know it, so desire to see the pages will be fulfilled soon enough.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!

You mean, the guy is Extendar before his transformation? But I thought, he and Snout Spout come from the same time.