Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS MotUC PoG #2 spoilers for story and new information NO POSTING ART

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Then enlighten me..Man some of you guys are like sheep and if someone gives you something your happy with it when they are holding off stuff that they know they can "Leak Out"

And I knew someone was going to play the Marvel Legends or Hasbro "Card" as an excuse sorry but for I also collect SW Figures and when someone is being made and is in the works they let the fan base know..So please STOP defending Mattel like your work for them already..Lemmings....
    If this were a board with such a system, I'd rep you for that one.

Agreed!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

As a longtime SW fan and collector, I'll vouch for their usual transparency.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    Ok... I don't know what that "X-men's beast" actually looks like, but I have a feeling I could like his looks.

And the mini comic needs more Battle Lion.
    Hmm... maybe that beast figure IS Battle Lion... Maybe Battle Lion transforms!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i wonder is the beast guy is God Grizzlor? he was a good guy with Moss-Man back in the day
    probably not because there is (evil) Grizzlor fighting on page 4.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Could the Megator rampage be another ploy to fuel the hatred between the Gar and the Eternians?
    Gosh I HOPE not... It's bad enough to drag eternia through Racial profiling.... but to say this has been going on for 5000 years?!?!! Come ON!!!!

Let there have been some evil wizard or keldor time traveling 100 years back who ruined it for everyone... but seriously... 5000 years is too long to drag out THAT story point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Beast looks awesome!! Hope that's the next 30th fig. Artwork is really well done, I'm excited over the storyline Hordak losing a limb probably isn't a big deal? Seems like he'd be able to regenerate.

Ok... I got to ask... I'm seeing a lot of people kind of hyped for this 'beast' character...

I... I thought copying X-character and plugging them into MOTU was considered BAD... Remember the 100 page thread talking about the uncreative, horrible character who belongs over at marvel and doesn't work here?

Why does 'new-beast' get a pass when Spector doesn't?

Just curious...

Much cleaner. Thank you

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Gosh I HOPE not... It's bad enough to drag eternia through Racial profiling.... but to say this has been going on for 5000 years?!?!! Come ON!!!!

Let there have been some evil wizard or keldor time traveling 100 years back who ruined it for everyone... but seriously... 5000 years is too long to drag out THAT story point.

Ok... I got to ask... I'm seeing a lot of people kind of hyped for this 'beast' character...

I... I thought copying X-character and plugging them into MOTU was considered BAD... Remember the 100 page thread talking about the uncreative, horrible character who belongs over at marvel and doesn't work here?

Why does 'new-beast' get a pass when Spector doesn't?

Just curious...
    We never really had a proper "werewolf" type design let alone a heroic beastly one like this character could possibly represent- it seems fans of the vintage line myself included are more receptive to Swords and Sorcery and Sci-Fi when done like Extendar and Dragstor for example where they mix tech and fantasy as opposed to...whatever you want to call Spector?

I immediately thought "Why is Beast in this comic?" when I saw that image.
    Even that group shot looks like a comic book action-burst reveal. Which I guess was the point, but having Beast in there made it feel even more like an X-Men panel to me which isn't my cup of tea. But then, some folks love that sort of thing so it's all good.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Even that group shot looks like a comic book action-burst reveal. Which I guess was the point, but having Beast in there made it feel even more like an X-Men panel to me which isn't my cup of tea. But then, some folks love that sort of thing so it's all good.
    I need to see him colored first and the lower body which appears to be a torn loin cloth and armor(?) on the right leg? I totally see the Beast comparison mixed with some Alpha Force Sasquatch for good measure.

There is still the Extendar character that is unaccounted for. I hope to see that and the beast character in figure form.

I also wonder if TMS and SLL were shown in these panels before the figure reveal if they would have been better recieved

on page 8, third panel, does it say "Grayskull", "He-Man" and "Skeletor"?? peacefully in front of the portal? was Skeletor at He-Ro's funeral?

it also seems that Skeletor recognizes He-Man on page 5, fourth panel.

well Veena is in the Angel pose lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    If Tytus throws Megator into the sinking tower, which from the bios we understand kills him, is this also how tytus dies? I think I need to reread the bios...

Movie mayhem!
    Agreed, and with Spector right beside him looking all Marveled out it really takes you there even more.

I like my idea, if I do say so myself, that the beast character is Battle Lion prior to transforming in some way... maybe his power is that he can become a larger, less humanized Lion beast.

Maybe not LOL.
    Last edited by bcrduke; February 26, 2012 at 02:29am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Mod ! Up Top ! Thank You !

Anyhow - I read that "He-RO son of He-Man" bible you mentioned Missile, Thanks!

It seems alot of that conceptually turned into the 200x series . I like and dislike many things in it but its cool to see such things! Makes me wonder what else Ive missed out on , Sorting through all the media reminds me of LOTR Gandolf searching thru the archives to find info on the ring. HA

bcrduke

Wouldn't that mess up the race of cats that Cringer and (presumably) Battle Lion was from if he was some sort of anthropomorphic lycanthrope?
    I wouldn't be down for it... no offense, my good man.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    probably not because there is (evil) Grizzlor fighting on page 4.
    lol damn i missed that!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

bcrduke

Wouldn't that mess up the race of cats that Cringer and (presumably) Battle Lion was from if he was some sort of anthropomorphic lycanthrope?
    I don't know. I kinda like it. Weird but different. Definitely a unique spin on the traditional transformations of Cringer/Battle Cat and Spirit/Swiftwind.

bcrduke

Yeah... I don't love the idea the more I think about it... having Grayskull ride around on a friend is weird LOL. I have a new idea (see below)

-----
    Ok... new thoughts... then I am going to bed! LOL

I think the "Beast" character is an heroic Berserker from "Berserker Castle," which is listed on the Preternia Map and lies in the territory belonging to the "Free People of Eternia." He's labeled "Beast Man" in the pencil sketch of the same panel that was seen online earlier.

AND...

I think the other mystery character, the one with the helmet, is a MOTUC-ized version of the Wind Raider pilot from the vintage battle poster... It's definitely a slightly different take on the design, but I wonder if that is who he is... There has been a rumor for a while now that a Fighting Foe pack may be on the horizon, and that the pilots (Wind Raider from the vintage poster, Roton from the model box-art, etc.) may be part of that. The Preternia map shows "Foe Castle" also lying in the territory belonging to the "Free People of Eternia." So the Free People team up to fight against the Horde and Snake Men.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    In issue 1 of the new Mini Comic the techno virus was explained as some kind of nano machines that the "infected" being was able to manipulate. The Bionatops for example could "grow" that laser cannon on it's head.
    I think it's pretty much to be going like this:
    Hordak will be infected with the techno virus (maybe by Horde Prime) to save his life after being heavily wounded (arm cut off). This which will make him able to transform his body like seen in Filmation cartoons! I think this is my favourite explanation for that ability.

My thoughts regarding the 2 new characters introduced in issue 2:
    I REALLY like the character design that kinda looks like the love child of Extendar and Boba Fett. That's why I'm hoping that he's Higuchi's creation. The character that looks like Beast doesn't do much for me based on that drawing. Actually I initially thought it was supposed to be Moss Man, whom I discovered to be in the very same panel shortly after that.
    I'd like to add that I really enjoyed seeing Laser-Lot in there. I'm glad that he'll be a Preternian character, because I wouldn't have liked him to be from He-Man's era. In the Comiche looked really nice along with all the other Preternian heros.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Could it be that the "Extendar" character is just a "preterniarized" Palace Guard?

HD figures on youtube
    Could it be that the "Extendar" character is just a "preterniarized" Palace Guard?
    Funny, I was going to ask if anyone thinks he might be that era's Man-At-Arms, but I see you had a similar thought. To me, it kinda looks like he almost has a 200X MAA shoulder armor also.

If I remember correctly the bios say that the Royal Weapon's Master has been called Man-At-Arms for only 200 years.

it's a shame these things get leaked in the first place ...

the whole point of this line is to recreate the vintage era in modernized character up-dates ... through the aesthetic and feel of the action-figures, the appearance and scale of the characters, and the suspense and 'reveal' aspect of the systematic release schedule ...

i'd rather be surprised in MOTUC; and i didn't really see anything that exciting here anyway - new characters do not appeal to me ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION