Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads of Eternia Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heads of Eternia Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the Heads of Eternia pack from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Wonderful Review As Always Dan Man !

Grizzy kinda looks as if he has bleached his hair/fur !

Am I Going To Use This ? NO ! I think the vintage head looks more menacing !!

Buzz Off looks OK to me, But like Dan mentioned, 200X head looks "too small" !

Am I Going To Use This Head ? Yes..... but for the sake of his vintage helmet, I will be switching both heads often !

Even though I never hated the classic head of Sy-Klone, I am glad that he is getting this update !

Am I Going To Use This ? YES ! But like Buzz Off, I aint chucking out the vintage style haed.

Roboto looks STUNNING ! Period !! I always hated that fugly vintage can head.

Am I Going To Use This Head ? Yes ! But no..... I can't, since I don't own Roboto figure. But hey.... I can, since I have Laser Bot (yes... I said BOT) !

Snout Spout ? What Can I Say ? Spoutsational !!!!!! The beast has been unleashed !!!!!

Am I Going To Use This ? YES ! HELL YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& Finally,

Clawful ! From Awful To Wonderful !!!! To me, this is the best update of the package !

Am I Going To Use This ? YES ! YES ! YES ! YES ! YES ! YES !!
    Last edited by TUC138; August 17, 2015 at 09:59am.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Grizzy kinda looks as if he has bleached his hair/fur !

Am I Going To Use This ? NO ! I think the vintage head looks more menacing !!
    It depends...200X look has Grizzlor as a hunter with loads of weapons and the tribal loincloth. The Vintage Era had Grizzlor as a savage beast. This is one case where the two looks give fans completely different versions of the same character.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It depends...200X look has Grizzlor as a hunter with loads of weapons and the tribal loincloth. The Vintage Era had Grizzlor as a savage beast. This is one case where the two looks give fans completely different versions of the same character.
    Agree 100%
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    QFT ! But the savage beast look makes him more dangerous than a tribal ! That said, I am glad that he is getting an update.
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

Oh my gosh. I had almost forgotten just how stupid and awful Clawful's vintage headsculpt is. It's so bad even the Horsemen have acknowledged at least half the fans hate it. That speaks volumes.

It truly is the worst one in the line. Buzz-Off and Snout Spout at least have the advantage of being goofy heroes.

Not Clawful. I can't wait to fix that mistake.

Snout Spout similarly looks awesome. I actually don't mind the vintage design, but again...it's rotting. Mattel sold us a defective product. This at least fixes that.

Buzz-Off is another much needed fix; a total improvement.

I can't wait for my head pack to arrive.

I'm still not sold on Grizzlor, Roboto, and Sy-Klone, but this is supposed to be an adult collector's line and we should have gotten multiple heads with these characters from the beginning. I'm happy getting more display options for myself and others.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 17, 2015 at 10:39am.

These look nice--but I still feel like we need full 200x figures of these guys (but--we're getting warmer )

The Snout Spout head is easily the best of this head pack.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Its great that everybody seems to have their own favourites out of the pack.

Sy-Klone is the clear best to me and I am so pleased to be getting it. Roboto is the worst, somehow removes the personality of the character and just looks too small on the buck for me.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Nice review. Thanks, Dan.

I think that I am most excited about Snout Spout, Grizzlor, and Clawful.

These three in my opinion look like the best updates of all. Roboto and Buzz-Off seem like they need their 200x bodies as well, to completely sell the look.

Sy-Klone is just okay. A nice touch of some added details.

Great review and I can't wait to get this pack! I do like them all but for me, some stand out more than others:

Buzz Off: I'm a fan of his vintage look and will keep him that way. He was one of favorites as a kid and that hasn't changed with MOTUC. I agree with Dan, that the 200x head looks rather smaller on him and a Modulok sized body would probably look better with this head.
    Roboto:A great improvement for me and I will be switching the heads out.
    Snout Spout: vintage SS was also a favorite but I will switch the heads out as the 200x version looks great and due to the QC issues on the first one.

Sy-Klone: I like both verisons but I feel the vintage head fits slightly better with the overall look. The 200x helmet looks too detailed for me and where it works well on Snout Spout and Roboto, it throws off Sy-Klone's overall look a bit on the photos. I'll see how it looks in hand.

Grizzlor: Looks great and I will be updating his look. But I would like for Mattel to make the darker colored Grizzlor so I can have him be the more savage version of him.
    Clawful: the best improvement and also the best alternate head in this pack IMO! Definitely going to change his look.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I can't decide if Snout Spout or Clawful have the best heads in this pack, but all of them turned out well. I personally won't be using the Grizzlor or Buzz-Off heads, but they do look nice and I'm especially glad that Grizzlor still has the real fur.
    Bring me: Lord Masque / Saurod / Dragstor
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Heroic Warrior
    The new Grizzlor head makes me think of a Jack Kirby character from his DC comics....I cant think of the name.....google.......Big Bear from the forever people!

So thankful for that Snout Spout head can't wait to get it! I will probably also use the Sy-Klone & Clawful heads for display...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.26.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Buzz Off and Sy-Klone look like they really need full on 200x body sculpts. And is it just me, or does Snout Spout's head (both the original and this new one) sit too high on his body?

Also, is the new Snout Spout head bigger or the same size as the staction head?

Awesome vid, Dan!!! I like all of them more, but Snout Spout is the easy winner. Even lacking the superior 200x body sculpt, that head makes the figure look 1000 x better! Clawful is a decent second, but they are all improvements--a very well chosen set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-ator View Post
    The new Grizzlor head makes me think of a Jack Kirby character from his DC comics....I cant think of the name.....google.......Big Bear from the forever people!
    Yeah, I also think he resembles Kalibak! I love that.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

QUESTION TO ANY AND ALL:
    Is ANYBODY planning on displaying "doubles" of any of these characters? (ie. One with the vintage head and one with the 200X head)
    If so, will you put them in separate areas of your collection? Just curious…

I will be swapping out all the old heads for the new ones. I finally get the Buzz-Off version that I wanted. And of course, Mattel design finds a way to mess something up.....different color Grizzlor hair. You had one job....Mattel.......
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

No Thundercats Sub For Me Due To The 200x King Hsss Torso fiasco!

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLad View Post
    QUESTION TO ANY AND ALL:
    Is ANYBODY planning on displaying "doubles" of any of these characters? (ie. One with the vintage head and one with the 200X head)
    If so, will you put them in separate areas of your collection? Just curious…
    I would of liked 2 extra Buzz Off's to create a couple of generic Andreeneds.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    These all look fantastic! I'm very happy to get all of these. I LOVE options.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm hoping for a Filmation Grizzlor head at some point.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Why limit yourself? Hope for Filmation Grizzlor in his entirety! He's a great candidate for the new Filmation 2.0 line
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Why limit yourself? Hope for Filmation Grizzlor in his entirety! He's a great candidate for the new Filmation 2.0 line
    You know, those of us who missed some of the figures in this pack may feel like we got here late. But, maybe we're here early? Don't have a Roboto? A Grizzlor? A Buzz-Off? Just give it a couple of years and they all may show up again in HATMOTU, especially if HATMOTU goes to 12 figures in 2017.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    You know, those of us who missed some of the figures in this pack may feel like we got here late. But, maybe we're here early? Don't have a Roboto? A Grizzlor? A Buzz-Off? Just give it a couple of years and they all may show up again in HATMOTU, especially if HATMOTU goes to 12 figures in 2017.
    Agreed. Lots of great characters that are popular, had issues the first time and /or are expensive on secondary market are perfect for the filmation line--beast man , teela, roboto, Grizzlor with SCULPTED fur, leech, merman, mantenna, ram man, sorceress with cloth cape to allow her to sit on her throne, triklops, Hordak, fisto, jitsu, Webstor , shadow weaver, mekaneck, buzz off, whiplash, kobra khan, spikor, prince adam on his own card and maybe with an articulated cringer. I'm way more excited about these versions
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Everyone looks better or refreshed. Especially Buzz off. It crushes the vintage. I couldn't care for the vintage insect vampire geisha head . The 200x head just works. It looks insectoid. yeah he's bigger..but so what? All the motu characters are physically powerful..so I don't mind. I don't know if matty will make a skinnier version like 200x and he was a stand out on the show. If this amalgamation is all we get , then im very happy because the head looks great.

Also Clawful looks great, Roboto is improved.....

I think the heads pack is a home run.
    Last edited by ksharpe; August 18, 2015 at 02:36am.