Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did your package(s) arrive damaged?

Did your package(s) arrive damaged?

Are any of your Mattycollector.com packages arriving damaged? Please post pictures of your examples.

Here is a photo posted on Facebook of an SDCC She-Ra figure arriving in a badly damaged box. Someone saw the image and said their figure arrived in a box that was similarly damaged.

Now here are a few photos of my ThunderCats SDCC 2-pack arriving in a crushed box. Notice the extra tape and plastic bands were added at some point to hold the box together.

Last edited by AdultCollector; August 6, 2016 at 07:49pm.

Wow! Needless to say that's extremely unacceptable!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Once I had TMNT Classics from TRU arrive like that, all the bubbles were separated from the cards and two cards were bent. ****** me off something furious. Stamped on the box from the PO was received damaged.

I called TRU and they issued me a refund and let me keep the figures...I was amazed.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Skeletor
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah I've had my fair share of packages arriving in similar condition, especially from Matty/DR since they fail to use proper packing material.

All you can do is request a replacement or refund.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

WOW.....but you know what I'm not surprised. DR has ALWAYS shipped stuff in a half-assed manner. Even when the item is fine it's lucky to be as half the time there's not even anything in the box to protect it other then some little piece of paper. IF you even get that.

I've found and although you will usually pay more, that if you want a decent packing job you need to buy from a fellow collector. Whether that be here in the classifieds or even on Ebay where the guy knows about this stuff.

These corporations worry about pumping out volume and could careless about much else. The workers as well aren't exactly going to go head over heels packing it safe either.

Knock on wood both of my comic con Matty orders showed and they were perfect. I have ordered from Matty since 2008. I have been a club member to every subscription,motu...all lines,ghostbusters,voltron,DC,watchmen,thundercats and have ordered comic con items every year,plus out of sub items. Never once....not once have I received a damaged package from them. I feel certain routes have issues. Of course now I tempted the gods.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    WOW.....but you know what I'm not surprised. DR has ALWAYS shipped stuff in a half-assed manner.
    I doubt that damaged happened in the hands of DR.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

My SDCC items arrived in a slightly smashed box, but nothing quite that bad. The items themselves were intact, but the box was barely taped closed and was dented in the side.

Super7 on the other hand was golden -- shipped in two shipments and didn't increase shipping, which was cheap, and everything arrived rock solid and undamaged. Amazeballs.

Widget
    Wow! I believe that's the work of the postal service NOT DR and knowing this, DR should try to "cushion" this collectibles to avoid being crush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    That sucks! Mine arrived good but it was sitting in the wrong house for 3 days...
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I didn't take pictures but the package that contained my Darius was completely smashed in. The cardboard mailer was smashed and the plastic card of the figure package was smashed. The figure was ok and as I buy two subs, open one, keep the other mint, I just opened the smashed one. Not sure where you live but I'm having issues with a lot of packages from different places I order from that run through the main Kansas City post office before coming here being smashed. No KC, no smash.

As much as that sucks I'd be happy if mine would ship at all.....lol.

Kidding aside that's not acceptable for adult collector exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    I doubt that damaged happened in the hands of DR.
    For the most part? Of course not it's in transit...BUT that's where the individual(s) sending it need to pack better. It's common knowledge that the actual shipper just tosses stuff around and so forth, but again the person(s) sending it have a responsibility to make sure that within reason and because of such issues that it's packed in an appropriate manner. As long as that's done 9 times out of 10 everything will be fine.

DR ROUTINELY does not do such a thing so ultimately they are to blame.

For the most part? Of course not it's in transit...BUT that's where the individual(s) sending it need to pack better. It's common knowledge that the actual shipper just tosses stuff around and so forth, but again the person(s) sending it have a responsibility to make sure that within reason and because of such issues that it's packed in an appropriate manner. As long as that's done 9 times out of 10 everything will be fine.

Luckily I have success with the way my packages arrive from DR. However packages from toys r us and just recently Target are not the greatest. Just recently I ordered the iron man exclusive target 2 pack and not only did they not use any cushioning what so ever, it was also placed in an ill fitting box. How this item only had two slightly dinged bottom corners is amazing. But c'mon target you should have sooo many boxes in your distribution center that the box should be perfect fit??? Also lately my local TRU and Gamestops are getting in heavily crushed and damaged funko pops... Really the post office should be more careful. I know when ever I ship something on EBAY I mark the item as contains glass, especially if it travels far.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I really been lucky with the stuff I got from mattycollector.

Nope,I've received crushed corners on box but product was fine. That looks like the shipper played football the package. Now amazon on the other hand I've had stuff almost like that. Also don't order comic tpb from them. I know the prices van be good at times. But most of them I've been sent ,are in like an oversized bubble mailer and arrives,one of the corners is severely bent out of shape.

One of mine arrived in somewhat similar condition as the first picture, but not quite as bad and She-Ra was not damaged luckily. It was retaped by someone and bowed in some in the middle. It is a big box and the protection inside is not good, just some of that cardboard paper stuff, so any big hits would do a good amount of damage to the box due to a lot of empty space in it. My second box, which was an accidental second order, arrived in better condition overall, but had a nice gash from a two wheeler or something on the side, so there was damage to the She-Ra packaging in the inside.

I've never received a package from Digital River (been buying from the beginning in 2008) turn up in that state and I'm in the UK. Cloest I've had was my Flogg figure turn up with a crushed blister (but the mailer and shipping box were both mint so it was the factory at fault)

I think the problem is using the Newgistics shipping method as the postal service don't seem to care what condition they deliver things in it seems. It's probably better to pay a little extra for FedEx or whatever the faster shipping offered is...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree DR do not do the best packing job, there is no denying that. However had there been packing chips or bubble wrap etc.. non of that stuff would have stopped the toy packages getting mangled like those Thunderkittens did in the first post. They look like they were PURPOSELY kicked and thrown about to end up in that state!

My advice to AdultCollector would be to contact Matty for a replacement set and stress you'd like them sent by FedEx even if you have to pay a couple dollars extra. Makes me wonder why folks even choose Newgistics given all the complaints about it!
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 7, 2016 at 10:29am.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

I agree DR do not do the best packing job, there is no denying that. However had there been packing chips or bubble wrap etc.. non of that stuff would have stopped the toy packages getting mangled like those Thunderkittens did in the first post. They look like they were PURPOSELY kicked and thrown about to end up in that state!

My advice to AdultCollector would be to contact Matty for a replacement set and stress you'd like them sent by FedEx even if you have to pay a couple dollars extra. Makes me wonder why folks even choose Newgistics given all the complaints about it!
    I agree here, this was the driver not the sender. Is really unfortunate that there is so many people working in the wrong job.

S-Snarf! This looks like bad old Mumm-Ra's doing, snarf!

Heroic Warrior
    That's absolutely ridiculous. I haven't seen an item in that bad of shape since my last Toys 'r Us order.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Heroic Warrior
    I had to send my She-ra SDCC exclusive back because of damage. I typically open everything anyways, but the box art is so cool on She-ra I sent it back.

Widget

Sad day. Later will check my sheRa and Wonder Woman is okie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had made this thread 8 years ago I probably would have posted about 30 pictures in it by now.I've had many damaged packages come from DR using UPS, FedEx, and the PO.

My SDCC She-Ra's arrived in the same condition as the one in the first post. It was DR's fault for packing it incorrectly. I ordered 2 She-Ra's and DR used a box that big enough to hold 3 She-Ra's BUT put no packing material in the package to fill in the extra space and protect my items and used only 1 piece of tape on each end that barley held the box together. The result was a box that was 1/3 empty and that had flaps that were barley sealed. FedEx no doubt placed another box on top of it in the vehicle or trailer as it made it's way across the country to me. That's standard practice and should be expected by the sender. Once the box arrived it was crushed. You can't blame FedEX for that. Had DR packed it properly, it could have arrived fine but their carelessness resulted in a damaged box.

Exactly.

Lots of my damaged boxes from DR could have been avoided had DR packed them properly with enough packing material and secured them with more than 1 piece of tape on either side of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I agree here, this was the driver not the sender.

I know people always like blame the driver but actually most damage occurs at the sorting facilities where packages many times fall off the rollers they use to sort the packages or even by the packers who incorrectly pack the trailers for the drivers. The driver's only responsibility is taking it off the vehicle and placing it on the correct doorstep. They have no control for the most part how it gets on their truck.

I worked at at both a FedEx and UPS sorting facility part-time many years and stuff I saw would shock you. Overall most damage to packages are due to carelessness of the sender for not packing the item better.

Every single person who receives damaged boxes/items needs to send a message: send the package back.

Paying $10+ for shipping is B.S. when they use sub-standard packing methods. Force them to do better.