Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 2015 Sale

January 2015 Sale

Did Lizard Man really sell out in under a minute? Or is it DR/Matty just screwing up again?

EDIT: DR screwed up and Lizard Man was not available for the first 10 minutes. They fixed it and he was available at that point.
    Last edited by EagleOne; January 15, 2015 at 12:34pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know. That is what I am wondering. I didn't even get a chance to try. After refreshing several times, I went straight from "Coming soon" to "Sold out"!

Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    I don't know. That is what I am wondering. I didn't even get a chance to try. After refreshing several times, I went straight from "Coming soon" to "Sold out"!
    Same here. That's why I posed the question here.

Lizard Man sold out already? Damn, that was a fast sale! I wasn't able to get one.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    He's back up...

It must have been an error because he is now available.
    Last edited by chudman1000; January 15, 2015 at 12:13pm.

Apparently it was a DR oops... I got my 1 Extendar and 3 Lizard Man, Men, Mans...???

Thanks, now everything went through smoothly!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

It appears there are still around 1740 Lizard Mans left. Sadly, the days when figures sold out in minutes are behind us.
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

Heroic Warrior
    He's still showing available when I look.

Oops... looks like I took too long to post. Everybody beat me to the punch!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It appears there are still around 1740 Lizard Mans left. Sadly, the days when figures sold out in minutes are behind us.
    I'm trying to figure out the "sadly" part of this... I guess if you view it as an indicator that interest in the line is waning, then yes it is sad. But it's also a positive because there are less people ticked off over missing figures and having to pay exorbitant after market prices.
    Last edited by mjharwood; January 15, 2015 at 12:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    He's still showing available when I look.

Oops... looks like I took too long to post. Everybody beat me to the punch!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to figure out the "sadly" part of this... I guess if you view it as an indicator that interest in the line is waning, then yes it is sad. But it's also a positive because there are less people ticked off over missing figures and having to pay exorbitant after market prices.
    Yes, that is the reason for the sadly....it means the peak interest is long gone.
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

Yes, that is the reason for the sadly....it means the peak interest is long gone.
    But even given a "peak interest" buying frenzy I don't think anyone was anticipating that Lizard Man would be a lightning fast sell out. He's simply not a high enough demand character.

That said, he turned out excellent! I was able to take a proper look at him this morning. He was done very well and I really enjoy the translucent webbing on the hands that Brandon Sopinsky worked out. He deserves high praise for this innovation and it bodes well for what he has in store with other figures in '15. Overall I'm a thousand degrees of pleased and LM is a highly recommended figure.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    ok 45 dollars for 1 figure using standard ground...I think I will just pick one of Ebay...damn

Heroic Warrior
    Unfortunately, I don't know if the magic will ever be recaptured. If interest has gone down this much, there's little Mattel could do to rejuvenate the collector interest to the glory days. What's left for Classics/Classics style after this year? POP variants, NA characters and variants, MYP characters and variants, Filmation characters and variants, Son of He-Man characters... Certainly nothing A-list enough to get that many people that excited again. So then what? A new line? What do you do to differentiate from Classics/Classics style while also bringing in all of us hanging in on Classics til the end and also bringing back those who left Classics along the way due to character selection or other issues (whether perceived or real; everyone's experience is different)? I don't even think a movie line would help... Look what movie lines did to G.I. Joe.

Wow, now I've bummed myself out...

Heroic Warrior
    28 dollars? How long for mattel to adjust the price of all the other figures upwards?

Im skipping Lizard Man. Ill have no problem getting him cheaper in an eventual BF(or at this point, final) sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    28 dollars? How long for mattel to adjust the price of all the other figures upwards?
    It's a sad day: Mattel has finally priced me out. I've wanted a Lizard Man figure since I was a kid, and today, I just can't bite. $28 plus exorbitant shipping is simply too much. Looking forward into 2015, the only figures that might coax that amount out of me are Angella and Squeeze, and then I'll have to be done. I can't justify continuing to collect at these prices when there are bills to pay and kids to feed.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Well, I instantly jumped on eBay when I saw him soldout, before prices skyrocketed, and so ended up buying it elsewhere overpriced I imagine lots of people went a similar way, or are simply not aware he's available really.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It's a sad day: Mattel has finally priced me out. I've wanted a Lizard Man figure since I was a kid, and today, I just can't bite. $28 plus exorbitant shipping is simply too much. Looking forward into 2015, the only figures that might coax that amount out of me are Angella and Squeeze, and then I'll have to be done. I can't justify continuing to collect at these prices when there are bills to pay and kids to feed.
    harsh thing to say but if you can hold out for a few days most of the folks that subbed will have plenty of unsold extras. You could easily get one for your budget. I just bought a loose LizardMan from Ebay for 27 shipped since I dont care for the package or the unpainted plastic that is being sold as accessories these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I know how you feel. I purchased three subs for 2015, two quarterly and one monthly. The card for the monthly sub expired and I forgot to update it. Looking at the reinstatement form, I saw that the monthly price with tax and UPS shipping was over $40 just for one figure. I'm having a hard time justifying that third sub now.
    Last edited by revelat10n; January 16, 2015 at 12:27am. Reason: Engrish

I didn't resub, so far all I really want are Lizard Man, Oo-Larr, Angella, Squeeze and the 200X King Hiss from the 2 pack.
    Recent.... Lizard Man
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I didn't resub, so far all I really want are Lizard Man, Oo-Larr, Angella, Squeeze and the 200X King Hiss from the 2 pack.
    And presumably the snake torso for King Hsss whenever it's released later in the year? (I'm thinking with BS Hordak, just to add to his desirability.)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Crap. I forgot there was even a sale today. Not that it matters since I have no interest in Lizard Man. But I do remember the days when I used to mark the days on my calendar whenever MOTUC sales would be happening. Now, it's just an afterthought for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

How come Extendar is still available? I thought he was suppose to be sold out last year....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    How come Extendar is still available? I thought he was suppose to be sold out last year....
    Leftover customer service stock, as usual for the relistings over the past 2 years (or more?), now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Lots of time figures sell out and reappear later, anything from a small batch of customer service stock, a pallet of over 550 Hurricane Hordak's at Mattel HQ in 2013, or thousands at Big Lots.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    that still wasn't enough to give better product and service. glad those days are gone.

and what's this $28 for basic figure BS I see?
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; January 16, 2015 at 01:49am.
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.