Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galactic Protector She-Ra Arrival Thread

Galactic Protector She-Ra Arrival Thread

I don't see anyone else starting a thread, so here we go!
    She just arrived about ten minutes ago, and I don't have time to post a ton of pics - as is usually done in these threads - but, I did take a quick snap of her on my phone for the time being. So excited she's here!20141119_142815-1.jpg
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    She just arrived about ten minutes ago, and I don't have time to post a ton of pics - as is usually done in these threads - but, I did take a quick snap of her on my phone for the time being. So excited she's here!20141119_142815-1.jpg
    What's your overall grade of her?

Where did her LIPS Go???? You are in L.A., my cousin runs the Beverly Hills Laser Way (1 of the Laser Ways anyways).....they do all those injections there, so take NA She-Ra & get her some Juvéderm lip injections STAT! LOL.

Although I'm NOT @ all warm & Fuzzy about NA She-Ra (or ANY revealed variants for 2014-2015 So Far), I know you have been excited for her for awhile now, so I'm dead serious when I say I'm Happy 4 U! Now personally a TOY CATRA or Panther Catra would've DEF Floated My Boat! Oh Well. But, I'm Happy you get to enjoy your New Girl!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    What's your overall grade of her?
    Like, on a scale of 1-10? I'd say about a 7.5. I LOVE the design. I wanted to display her without the visor but something is off with her face. Not feeling it. Also- with the cape and hair, she is seriously back heavy, and mine has really weak ankles. Pretty difficult to stand. So, aside from the face (IMPORTANT!) and balance issues, I really love her. I think they did a great job of translating her look from the mini comic.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    Where did her LIPS Go???? You are in L.A., my cousin runs the Beverly Hills Laser Way (1 of the Laser Ways anyways).....they do all those injections there, so take NA She-Ra & get her some Juvéderm lip injections STAT! LOL.

Although I'm NOT @ all warm & Fuzzy about NA She-Ra (or ANY revealed variants for 2014-2015 So Far), I know you have been excited for her for awhile now, so I'm dead serious when I say I'm Happy 4 U! Now personally a TOY CATRA or Panther Catra would've DEF Floated My Boat! Oh Well. But, I'm Happy you get to enjoy your New Girl!
    Thanks! Although, as you might have read above, I'm ALSO disappointed by her face. I just...I don't understand what went wrong there. (And for the record, I'd TOTALLY be down for a Toy Version Catra!)

Here...I took a quick snap of her with her embarrassingly small group of teammates:

20141119_145614.jpg

Closer up, without visor. I'm not a photographer, so this is about all you'll get out of me.

20141119_175904.jpg
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; November 19, 2014 at 10:03pm.

Thanks! Although, as you might have read above, I'm ALSO disappointed by her face. I just...I don't understand what went wrong there.
    Her eyes are too big, and her eyebrows are too thick. Many of the females lately have huge eyes and thick black eyebrows. It was okay on Flutterina, cause she had dark skin, but I am afraid for Angella next year.

It's whoever is doing the paint masters. They should have used original She-Ra's face deco.

If the hair and helmet comes off, I may try to transplant an original She-Ra face with this "Drugged/Prozac/Sorceress" face.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Her eyes are too big, and her eyebrows are too thick. Many of the females lately have huge eyes and thick black eyebrows. It was okay on Flutterina, cause she had dark skin, but I am afraid for Angella next year.

It's whoever is doing the paint masters. They should have used original She-Ra's face deco.

If the hair and helmet comes off, I may try to transplant an original She-Ra face with this "Drugged/Prozac/Sorceress" face.
    Yes! The eyebrows! WAY wrong. And there is just no life in the eyes. I've decided to go ahead and display her without the visor because I think it distracts attention from the awesome helmet, I just wish she looked more like She-Ra.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! The eyebrows! WAY wrong. And there is just no life in the eyes. I've decided to go ahead and display her without the visor because I think it distracts attention from the awesome helmet, I just wish she looked more like She-Ra.
    Yeah, those brows could use a tweezin' for sure. Something's just off with that face, which is really too bad because I have been loving the female face sculpts this year. Bummer. I still really like this figure, but it will take some Frankensteining to get her right.

That picture of her in the package makes me pretty excited, she looks great.

Anybody done some She-Ra head swaps yet? I like the outfit....not the helmet head....maybe the bubble power She-Ra head?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I swapped out the head (just the head- I heated it up and removed it from the hair/helmet) with the She-Ra head that had the hole in the forehead (I wasn't using it. Ever.)

Helmet covers the hole, looks a lot more like She-Ra, done! Much happier now.IMG_889052268156314.jpeg

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Nice job, that does look a lot better.
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

I swapped out the head (just the head- I heated it up and removed it from the hair/helmet) with the She-Ra head that had the hole in the forehead (I wasn't using it. Ever.)

Helmet covers the hole, looks a lot more like She-Ra, done! Much happier now.IMG_889052268156314.jpeg
    WOW! That makes a phenomenally HUGE Difference! That actual NA She-Ra face is as generic as it could be. It makes me even less exited for her arrival (didn't think it was possible). If these past 2 years were NOT "wrap-up" every slot is "precious" & "needed" to complete MOTU/POP/A-list from other media, I have a feeling I would NOT have had such an aversion to her inclusion in the MOTUC line. If this was 2012 or 2013 & we got NA She-Ra instead of SNAKE MAA or Dragon Blaster skeletor, well then I probably wouldn't have gotten even remotely riled up, but now....I was a lil livid!

GREAT job on fixing that horribly bland emotionless face Kreann'ot!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I love it! Great to know it can be done. I have like 4 She-Ra faces, lol. One of them will probably look great! Thanks for posting this!

question with the swap: since I do not have one in hand I do not know how the visor stays on. Does the visor still fit on after the face swich? pics?

HA HA...I actually meant swap the head and LOSE the helmet cause it looks really bad, just her with a different She-Ra head...still think I will sell her off if I can find anyone that actually wants her...I may end up tossing her into the TOY MOUNTAIN display in December...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I don't care for this figure but I'd love to get a Filmation She-Ra with a decent paint job. The original's was horrible.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Thanks, everyone. She felt like an imposter before, lol. I couldn't stand it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    question with the swap: since I do not have one in hand I do not know how the visor stays on. Does the visor still fit on after the face swich? pics?
    I didn't take any pics with the visor before stashing it away, but I will tell you it still fits. It fits into the inside of the helmet, relying on friction. It doesn't really "clip" in. It sort of... squeezes in. As long as you're careful not to position the helmet too far back on the head, it should be fine. If you position the helmet too far back, the face would likely protrude too far forward and get in the way.

Mine has finally arrived! Here are several pics. Enjoy!

Hanging up the original swords

New swords

Twins of Power: Galactic Protectors

No visor on She-ra

Slot to hold sword on back of the cape.

Helmetless He-Man and She-ra. (BP She-ra head)

Full body shots without helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Mine has finally arrived! Here are several pics. Enjoy!

wOw ! Is your original He-Man has "reversed" abs ??
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Galactic Protector She-Ra Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    wOw ! Is your original He-Man has "reversed" abs ??
    Unfortunately yes and I try not to pay too much attention to it.

When I put GP She-Ra's head back on, I heard a snap but nothing seems to be broken. Just to be on the safe side, I'm not taking her head off ever again.
    Last edited by Akai; November 20, 2014 at 09:29pm.

is it me or could her lower half possibly work with making a custom Illumina?

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    is it me or could her lower half possibly work with making a custom Illumina?
    I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw her, it's what I plan to do with mine
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Mine just arrived and she is okay.

I wanted to see how she would look with out the cape but after trying to remove the head three times and almost hurting my fingers i gave up and i wont ever try to remove her head. The trimming on the cape is painted very sloppy and there are a lot of painting spots which makes it look like my two old niece made those paint apps.
    Her left foot is very lose again and that angries me since it´s a new sculpt as there are no pins showing but this foot is as lose as the feet on my Bubble Power She-Ra version.

I like the face but without the vizor the helmet looks weird to me so i wont display her without it.

She is a nice figure and i like that we got a totally new version for She-Ra but holding her in hand i really wished we would have gotten Starburst She-Ra in her vintage outfit.
    This figure is nice but far away from perfect.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Mine arrived yesterday and she's glorious! I'm not sure why all of the complaints about "lifeless face/eyes", etc.- I sometimes think the expectations for this on any female figure is astronomically high- but I feel she turned out fantastic. And I love that design was able to solve the issue of potential plug holes on She-ra's head by having her visor tuck up under the helmet. It works out great and is quite an ingenious solution.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I just opened mine and actually like her more in hand than I did based on internet photo vibes I had been getting lately. She's actually quite a fun variant, though I will say that mine is suffering from some rather sloppy paint apps. The trim around the bottom of the cape suffers from too much blue-bleed, and there's a mark on the back of her cape that I probably won't see too much, but it's a shame because FINALLY they got the "color" white right here, but any mar is VERY noticable since it IS so white. I wish Frosta had come AFTER Galactic Protector She-Ra, because she would have looked so much better if she'd been white instead of gray. Anyhoo, there's also a substantial amount of silver from the helmet bleeding into her blonde hair, but again it probably won't get noticed the way I'll be displaying her. Still, it's disappointing to be getting these kinds of paint mishaps at all with the price we're paying for these. To counter the paint mars, the articulation is great and the joints on mine are all solid. I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather have tight joints so that she doesn't fall over constantly than perfect paint- especially when the paint imperfections can't be seen from the front or from a distance. Her accessories are amazing. I stripped mine of the holster, as you can actually fit that blaster into the back of her cape and the design overall looks better minus the holster. She also looks great without the cape or visor, so there's many ways to display this She-Ra variant, which I love. Also, I think the face on mine happens to look better than any previous She-Ra releases, so I don't feel the need to swap parts out with the other versions like some here have done. This particular variant makes me wish she had a vehicle (not a steed) to go with her, and I might have her use the front half of the new Battle Ram as her ride once it arrives.
    I'm far happier with this "30th Anniversary" She-Ra than I thought I would be. That said, I wouldn't say no to a Starburst She-Ra, or heck- any Fantastic Fashions variant they can whip up in the future... so I say bring 'em on!
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)