Thread: So what happens after December 31, 2016 to pending MattyCollector orders and issues?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

So what happens after December 31, 2016 to pending MattyCollector orders and issues?

Since Mattel will be shutting down MattyCollector as of December 31, 2016, what happens after December 31, 2016 to pending MattyCollector orders and issues?

So far, a lot of items this year have been delayed. If the December schedule is at least on time, Filmation Clawful and Panthro will be released, sold, and shipped just weeks or days earlier. What if there are issues with your order? Or you want to check tracking for shipments?

If MattyCollector also has any delays on sub or out of sub new 2016 items, how will the items and orders be handled going into 2017?

How will we be able to verify our order information once the site closes down?

If MattyCollector has a big Cyber Monday/holiday vault sale near the end of the year, will everyone get their figures on time? In the past, Cyber Monday sales have been slow to ship. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again.

I think these questions need to be explored now, and hopefully answered by Mattel in preparation for the end of the site. In a perfect world, everything would run smoothly, but I am a little apprehensive for any potential pending items once MattyCollector closes down.

Theoretically, Mattel proper should be on the hook to resolve any remaining issues.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

It probably won't be shut down on the 31st of December. I'm sure within the first few weeks of January 2017 it will be because they have to exchange any defective product. But nothing will be offered for sale after December 31st.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    It probably won't be shut down on the 31st of December. I'm sure within the first few weeks of January 2017 it will be because they have to exchange any defective product. But nothing will be offered for sale after December 31st.
    But they said it will, supposedly...

As of December 31, 2016, we will be shutting down the website as we transition to Super7 to manufacture and deliver the Masters of the Universe and adult collector lines. Subscriptions and orders for 2016 will remain unaffected, and the site will continue to operate through the end of the year.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Will the site actually be shut down at all or will it simply transfer from managed and operated by DR to being managed and operated by S7?
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Dylamug/Malektha/Twiggets/Granita/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Karg/Damon
    BEASTS:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/TyrantisaurousRex

this is actually a very good question.

I hope we get some kind of information about the fade out.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    this is actually a very good question.

I hope we get some kind of information about the fade out.
    as a subscriber with triple ship option, it shows that my last shipment will be February 2017 for club grayskull so most likely everything will still go through Digital River after 2016 at least for a few months

At the stroke of midnight, all our figures will turn back into pumpkins.

I'd advise before December 31, 2016 make notes and screenshots of all you're account, subscription and outstanding order information from Matty, then any issues just contact Digital River as normal.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

this is a really good idea folks
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd advise before December 31, 2016 make notes and screenshots of all you're account, subscription and outstanding order information from Matty, then any issues just contact Digital River as normal.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yep. At least before, they pretended to care. They're not even bothering to do that anymore...I hate to see how deep the sea of apathy runs after December 31.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I would think they just will not sell anymore product after 12-31 but any pending orders that were placed before 12-31, etc... will have to be resolved by them. If not....I shudder for poop storm 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post

Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    You have won this thread and conversation.