Thread: Fresh Off the Boat TV show "Breaking Chains" Season 3 Episode 2 MOTU blunder

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar

Fresh Off the Boat TV show "Breaking Chains" Season 3 Episode 2 MOTU blunder

This sitcom takes place in the 90's and supposedly this was left on the kitchen counter...

Shouldn't have been New Adventures He-Man instead....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Heroic Warrior
    I saw that! I cried "Foul!" right to the TV. [^D

- - - Updated - - -

...the show is set in 1997 at this point. I would have to wonder why ANY He-Man figure would be referenced during this period.

It's not like it's "The Goldbergs", set in a nebulous (but very Castle Grayskull friendly) version of the '80s. [^)

The Goldbergs actually called once asking for vintage toys to use on set. But alas, I only had classics samples around.

At least it wasn't like when classics Skeletor wound up in a deep frier in 30 Rock.

Thats like when they used Modern Star Wars on That 70's show, that drove me nuts!

Uhhh....well, whenever something like that happens, a Wizard did it.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Shouldn't have been New Adventures He-Man instead....
    that would have been awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The Goldbergs actually called once asking for vintage toys to use on set. But alas, I only had classics samples around.

At least it wasn't like when classics Skeletor wound up in a deep frier in 30 Rock.
    i remember yelling at my tv screen when that happened.

did you guys know castle grayskull was in that tv show outcast?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

There is a shot in Stranger Things where HMATMOU comes on while
    Flipping channels. Except: the scene took place at 9:00 am and HM aired in the afternoons. Arg

Flipping channels. Except: the scene took place at 9:00 am and HM aired in the afternoons. Arg
    I think it depended on what syndicated station was playing it, and in what year.

May be Spector has "time travelled" that He-Man figure back to the 90's !!
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

There's also an episode of It's Always Sunny where Dennis and Dee destroy Avatars of Charlie and Mac in a game they were playing. At the end of the episode you can see one of them is a destroyed burned MOTUC He-man figure.

Yeah, I actually proposed to Mattel games that they make that game and include a burned up MOTUC he man and Barbie.

I also wanted to make a green man action figure. Cheap, existing parts, no deco.

Both ideas were rejected pretty fast.

Can't win em all

Yeah, I actually proposed to Mattel games that they make that game and include a burned up MOTUC he man and Barbie.

I also wanted to make a green man action figure. Cheap, existing parts, no deco.

Both ideas were rejected pretty fast.

Can't win em all
    Oh man, that would have been epic.

Well, in Stranger Things, they have a 90s POTF2 Millennium Falcon toy instead of the 70s one. So I guess MOTU isn't alone!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, that's a cool story. I had read an online interview several years ago where Adam Goldberg (show creator and show namesake) had briefly mentioned the MOTUC line... He really liked the figures, but if I recall correctly, I think he said his wife didn't want him "going down that rabbit hole." Poor guy. Hope he had a chance to convince her otherwise since then.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT1120X View Post
    Wow, that's a cool story. I had read an online interview several years ago where Adam Goldberg (show creator and show namesake) had briefly mentioned the MOTUC line... He really liked the figures, but if I recall correctly, I think he said his wife didn't want him "going down that rabbit hole." Poor guy. Hope he had a chance to convince her otherwise since then.
    I'd just get a new wife.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'd just get a new wife.

Yeup, I love to see when my fellow MOTU fans have their priorities in order. Lucky for my wife that she's onboard with me collecting MOTU otherwise I'd show her to the door.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by THE SEEKERS View Post
    Yeup, I love to see when my fellow MOTU fans have their priorities in order. Lucky for my wife that she's onboard with me collecting MOTU otherwise I'd show her to the door.
    Haha..