Thread: NECA figures - Are they any good?

Hybrid View

NECA figures - Are they any good?

As the title suggests, are the NECA figures any good?

I am interested in picking up some of the Predator and Aliens figures but I want to know if they are fully articulated or not. Some of the pictures I have looked at don't show articulation points but they are stated to have full articulation.

I am a stickler for articulation on my figures as I don't want mini statues with my"action" figures.

Any help is appreciated

i'm not sure if they apply the same level of articulation to all of their figures...their recent TMNT figures had a great amount of articulation...but i can't comment on their alien or predator offerings as i have none.

but there's a review of neca's classic predator on poe ghostal's site complete with a layout of all of the articulation points...

http://www.poeghostal.com/2010/09/review-classic-predator-predators-neca.html

hope this helps
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

I haven't opened any of my NECA, I do know they vary figure to figure. The Conan I have has none, the Hermione has a ball on the shoulder (skirt doesn't let me see hip) and Eric Draven have a simple rotate at the hip and shoulder. I have seen some with elbow and knee.

Not sure what the Skeksis has but looking at pictures he has some basic articulation.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i'm not sure if they apply the same level of articulation to all of their figures...their recent TMNT figures had a great amount of articulation...but i can't comment on their alien or predator offerings as i have none.

but there's a review of neca's classic predator on poe ghostal's site complete with a layout of all of the articulation points...

http://www.poeghostal.com/2010/09/review-classic-predator-predators-neca.html

hope this helps
    Thanks for that, I might pick that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I haven't opened any of my NECA, I do know they vary figure to figure. The Conan I have has none, the Hermione has a ball on the shoulder (skirt doesn't let me see hip) and Eric Draven have a simple rotate at the hip and shoulder. I have seen some with elbow and knee.

Not sure what the Skeksis has but looking at pictures he has some basic articulation.
    It is this inconsistency that concerns me when buying NECA's products. They don't need to be super articulated but they have more than the basic 5 points

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Actually NECA figures are some of the most durable figures I own. I love their detail and attention to accessories. I just wish their figures had leg articulation, if they did I would give them a A+, but right now Id say B+ cause of the articulation.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Yeah, that is why I wanted to start this thread. It seems that some have pretty good articulation and some don't.

The upcoming Colonial Marines piqued my interest so providing they have decent articulation I will pick them up. I want to grab a few more iconic figures, but again, only if they have good articulation

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    As the title suggests, are the NECA figures any good?

I am interested in picking up some of the Predator and Aliens figures but I want to know if they are fully articulated or not. Some of the pictures I have looked at don't show articulation points but they are stated to have full articulation.

I am a stickler for articulation on my figures as I don't want mini statues with my"action" figures.

Any help is appreciated
    I love NECA figures. They have a lot of brands I like (Terminator, Predator, Aliens, Horror movie figures, etc.) Their articulation kind of sucks, but man they are nice to look at on a shelf.

Did anyone know about these?
    10 pack. We have them retailed at 9.99. So 1.00 each, not too bad.
    Only 1 peg in the stand.
    They say on the back...."perfect for displaying your 6-8" figures.
    they are approx. 3" across. Kinda big, but simple.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Only 1 peg in the stand.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...3462873889.jpg
    I had no idea. I could really use some of these! Thanks for the info!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

They have rights to Ripley now.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They have rights to Ripley now.
    I had a feeling it was in the works when they showed the power loader; no real sense making that if Ripley wasn't at least close to being a lock. This and the Toy Fair reveals have made this a must follow line for me this year. I just got the new, original Alien, and it is an amazing figure. THe melding of great articulation with an incredible sculpt is really getting to be NECA's "thing." And now we're seeing them get into accessories like the loader and a Kenner based vehicle for Predator, with word of the alien queen being on the horizon. After seeing pics of the Spider Gremlin, I can only imagine what they could do with mama.

Really, I can't recall seeing a toy company improve it's product by such huge leaps and bounds in such a short time. A year ago I was barely looking at NECA stuff...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yea these are great! They work really well with the Terminator & Predator figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Only 1 peg in the stand.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...3462873889.jpg
    "Problems Weaver?"