Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NECA figures - Are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    SCB, you seem to be a big fan of NECA. Can you tell me how are the Predator figures are and what are the better ones?

I really like what I am seeing so I will pick them up if they are pretty consistent with articulation.
    NECA Predators are pretty much my favorite thing to collect not related to He-Man.

Well if you want the best, you need to look into the Lost Tribe. At the end of Predator 2, nine predators showed up. Each with a unique look and Neca spent a couple of years making every single one.

8 of them have the super articulation: double knees, ball hips, ball waist. One of them, Elder, has out dated standard articulation.

The must haves?

Boar

Stalker (his brother)

Warrior on the left (my favorite of the group only one with blue translucent skin) Guardian on the right

Lost Predator

In addition, Toys R Us right now currently has a two pack with a super articulated Classic Predator and a battled damaged predator from the second film.

And Series 7, which should hit any day now will have the masked Predator 2, which is a beauty and must have.

Collecting these are pretty addicting once you start because they did such a great job on each one.

Pretty good guide if you want to see the other Lost Tribe members
    http://www.oafe.net/blog/2012/06/the-lost-predators/

Thanks SCB. The pics look great and it is good to know that the articulation is pretty good.

I have preordered the newest City Hunter and the Jungle Hunter and Dutch wave. I might have to track down some of these other ones now.

Another one I really want is actually from a fan film Batman Dead End where a samurai type predator shows up called Big Red to confront Batman. NECA is cool enough to make that. Comes out in series 7 any day now.

I have seen all the Predator movies (including AvP) but I didn't even realise that they were all so different from each other. I might have to get a few of these and I hope there are more humans coming than just Dutch.

Well there's more. There's the Super Predators Tribe from the Predators movie. These are actually considered the lower end of NECA's Predator figures due to the lesser articulation and paints, but something to think about, including the predator hound.

Aliens Series 1 has gone up for preorder on BBTS.

I think I am hooked with this line.

Darn you SCB!

I stayed away from NECA because of the weird articulation of the earlier figures, but your vouching of the Predator figures made me check them out. Now I have the Hound, Shaman, City Hunter/Jungle 2-pack, picked up Warrior today, and Big Red is in my pile of loot at BBTS (the Aliens figures are on pre-order there, too). And I want more.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

You won't regret getting into the line after having them.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Neca stuff is amazing. I still display my Neca MOTU 200x with my MOTUC. They almost blend right in.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have been very happy if all the 200x characters/figures & all the other characters from MOTU were made as Neca statues.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Other than a few odds and ends, the only NECA line I collected is Gremlins. I love those figures, and hope they show more at NYTF.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Neca stuff is amazing. I still display my Neca MOTU 200x with my MOTUC. They almost blend right in.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have been very happy if all the 200x characters/figures & all the other characters from MOTU were made as Neca statues.
    I agree with you 100%! I just started collecting the 200X NECA stactions and LOVE them!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Yeah they're good.

Contra

Concrete Jungle

Snappy Threader
    Whoa that Rambo is much cooler than I expected. Gonna have to go grab one.

Looky looky what i got in at work...

1/4 Michael Keaton Batman

His face is a bit weathered...

1/4 Dutch

Awesome!

Spider Gremlin

Spider Gremlin's colors are a bit too bright in my opinion.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Awesome! I really want one of those 1/4th scale Keaton Batman figures. The Adam West 1/4 Batman looks cool also.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    They also have a habit of getting a license, making 1 or 2 toys and then ignoring the license, basically doing nothing useful with it. Castlevania should have been more than 4 toys.
    QFT! I was ecstatic when NECA announced that they got the Castlevania license, and their 2-ups looked freaking incredible! Then the actual figures turned out pretty awesome overall (I believe the 4H had a hand in both Dracula and Alucard). After wave 1 was initially shipped, there was a huge problem with getting more figures out to the fans and I think this has a little to do with why we never saw wave 2... In an article in Lee's Toy Review it was said that wave 2 was possibly going to include Death (the Grim Reaper), Frankenstein's Monster, and Richter Belmont. Sad really, such potential in this line....

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Looky looky what i got in at work...

1/4 Michael Keaton Batman
    WHAT?!?! Are these finally shipping?!?! I have had my preorder in since May!!! I cannot wait to get my Michael Keaton-er, Batman!!

I am surprised that nobody mentioned one of NECA's all-time-best lines: Gears of War!

I am a HUGE gear-head, and NECA has definitely done this license justice! Unlike many of their other lines, this one has variety heaped upon variety! I own two of every single figure in the line - including the SDCC exclusives and gold/camouflage lancer variants. I really love the craftsmanship that went into this line of figures starting with wave two. Awesome articulation, paint apps, accessories, and sculpting! If you are a fan of sci-fi soldiers/alien war tales, then you should definitely check this line out. It is a bit extensive, and tracking down certain characters can get expensive, but it is one awesome line of figures!

I display my GoW collection right next to my MOTUC collection!

Also, NECA's 1/4 scale figures are really something to pay attention to. The Avengers line is incredible! And they just released a teaser image of Thor! And if you like Predator, just check out their 1/4 scale Pred or City Hunter Pred. They will blow you away!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Yeah they're good.

Finally...it's over

No Dutch...the hunt has only just begun

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Good God, SCB! I Freakin' LOVE your pictures!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    The Aliens marines have wonky ankles, but no reviewer ever mentions those. Mine have to be posed on their knees or some other similar pose: it was either that or supergluing the ankles in one position. Having said that, the Arnie Dutch figure is for me 2013's figure of the year: simply amazing, and probably the best action figure I own with the possible exception of the Black Series Sandtrooper.

I recently picked up the three figures from NECA's Kenner line and found them to be excellent. The vintage Aliens vs. Predator toys were some of my favorites as a kid, and NECA did a really good job updating those over the top designs to a more modern aesthetic. Despite the bright colors these guys still look like they're ready to handle their business.

I'm going to try and pick up a couple of the other figures from that line, a couple of the stealth versions and the Arnold figures definitely look pretty cool. I don't know about the standard Predators though, they look a bit too homogeneous to me to really be worth collecting. If they ever get around to making an Alien Queen I will definitely be buying that as well.

Wasp

Battle Borg

I'm not sure which of these is better...

Picked up the Aliens 2 Pack. Used all the armor to create an InterGalactic Dutch. The gear looks pretty good on the final Battle Dutch with all the mud and blood.

Nice custom!

I just got Battle Armor Lost Predator in the mail today:

Great pics by SCB. The only NECA I have are all of the 200x NECA stactions. Love them all. Best MOTU pieces in my opinion.