Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error Free MOTUC?

Error Free MOTUC?

Has there yet been an MOTUC figure that is error free in terms of factory mass-mistakes or poor design?

NOTE: I'm not talking about Q.C. - quality control problems are inevitable (e.g. poor paint apps., the odd incorrect limb or piece, missing accessories, damaged boxes, etc.).

For example, Adora is factory error free except her granny panties, which was a design error. The original He-Man has backwards shoulders (a factory mass-error) and an overly large crotch-piece (design error).

Has ANY MOTUC not suffered from some defect in design or execution?
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; January 16, 2012 at 02:51pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    I think that, in 2011, Vikor didn't suffer any defect or factory mistakes, if I remember right. And maybe Sy-Klone too... But anyway, there were VERY FEW figures that came with no QC issues, design mishaps or factory problems.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Beast man
    Skeletor
    Mer-man
    Faker
    Man at arms
    etc...
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Faker & Man-At-Arms had some of the Ankle issues...as did some Skeletors. not sure about the rest, but the Ankle issue has been around for a while, and that is a QC defect, paint issues are QC defects as well, and I know a lot of the figure suffer from that. I believe a more efficient question would be to rate the ones that had the MOST errors, or at least the LEAST errors.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Faker, Man at Arms, and Vikor coming to mind. Especially Vikor, he was one of the rare ones that I think was QC issue free as well as having new sound additions like the ankles.

I don't remember anything wrong with Bow outside Darkspector complaining about his boots being the NA He-Man ones instead of cartoon/figure accurate but that is more interpretation then real problem.

I think the number of figures released that have error's is less than 10% out of the whole line, its mainly the females and Roboto/Hsss that suffer from bad design.

Adora, She-Ra, Catra, Sorceress, Green Goddess, Star Sisters, Swift Wind, Roboto, Hsss, 1st wave He-Man

That is about all I can remember that had some sort of issue or bad design
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I don't remember anything wrong with Bow outside Darkspector complaining about his boots being the NA He-Man ones instead of cartoon/figure accurate but that is more interpretation then real problem.
    Bows cape and shoulder/chest piece is poorly designed; it should have been multiple pieces. The way it just sits on top and wobbles and gets in the way of him raising his arms is poor design. And yes, the NA boots was a poor choice.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Beast man
    Skeletor
    Mer-man
    Faker
    Man at arms
    These are the ones that came to my mind as well. Skeletor, Beastman, Trap Jaw, and Merman in particular. Man-At-Arms unless you count his soft handled mace, but the figure itself is okay. Faker is pretty solid. I don't remember any errors or controversies with Webstor or Scareglow either.

Optikk? I don't remember any issues with him either.

Battle Cat and Panthor were also well done. Unless you're one of those people that was bummed about no flock for Panthor. I was in the no flocking camp myself.

Moss Man unless you count the water/flock issue.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I don't remember anything wrong with Bow
    I think Bow's crotch-piece was incompletely put together...?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Heroic Warrior
    I don't remember anything wrong with Bow
    I do. Bow suffers from a bad design : his crotch hinders his legs movements.

Did Stratos have any problems?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Faceless one I can't remember any issues Or King Grayskull version 2 with the orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Did Stratos have any problems?
    Yes - his wings weren't properly placed on his arms (they were parallel to the backs of his elbows), so you have to boil or cut them at the wrists to turn them to face the right way.

Uh, Trap Jaw?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Not counting ordering/distribution errors;

Beastman
    Skeletor (1st release, before the bad paint apps)
    MAA
    Mer Man
    Faker
    Tri-Klps
    Webstor
    Trap-Jaw
    Whiplash

Those are the ones looking at my shelf that I see are problem free across the board. I'm sure there are more though.

I'm hoping someone will do a list of 100% correct figures, versus ones with a factory mass-error and/or design error. It'll give us a good idea how good/bad Mattel are doing with these (otherwise) awesome figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Yes - his wings weren't properly placed on his arms (they were parallel to the backs of his elbows), so you have to boil or cut them at the wrists to turn them to face the right way.
    That's right. I had completely forgotten about that error.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I think Spector will have amazing QC! Just a hunch.

... (Reminds fellows fans to please read this as a light-hearted post).

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I think Spector will have amazing QC! Just a hunch.
    I think he may come plated in gold.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I think that, in 2011, Vikor didn't suffer any defect or factory mistakes, if I remember right. And maybe Sy-Klone too... But anyway, there were VERY FEW figures that came with no QC issues, design mishaps or factory problems.
    My Sy-Klone has paint app. issues. Just for the record.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    has there been an error free anything in this world?? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    My Sy-Klone has paint app. issues. Just for the record.
    Q.C. isn't relevant to the thread - it's inevitable with any product.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    has there been an error free anything in this world?? Just saying.
    Some of the figures noted above were executed in an error free way. I'm trying to tease out how many got screwed up, somehow.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; January 16, 2012 at 06:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm pretty much happy with ALL of my Classics figures. Sure there's a small issue here or there with paint but c'mon…these things are hand painted. It's kind of outlandish to expect them to be absolutely perfect.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'm pretty much happy with ALL of my Classics figures. Sure there's a small issue here or there with paint but c'mon…these things are hand painted. It's kind of outlandish to expect them to be absolutely perfect.
    You're not reading the thread. This isn't about ordinary Q.C., but mass error & design error - e.g. Roboto/King Hiss' reversed shoulders were a mass error. Bow's crotch was a design error. etc.

These are all hand painted and assembled by tired, overworked people and children in a dingy hot sweaty factory. There's bound to be errors on every single figure.

And for the record, my Man At Arms had a bad arm that won't stay in one pose, a loose hand plug plus orange streaks all over his arm. I missed him on the Cyber Monday sale so I am screwed until Matty releases him again....
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Wasn't there some discussion with Vikor's wrist chain being made smaller from prototype to production?